• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

opal's Mysterious Game of Mafia

I think it's safe to come out and say it, TES: everyone is an alien. I'm an alien, Midnight's an alien, Blaziking's an alien, you're an alien. No matter how you try to spin it, 3 aliens is a lot, even by opal standards, unless it's everyone. Of course, there is the possibility of all alien except for one or two of us who have been assigned mafia. Possibly multifaction, given the strange death pattern for all alien.

Seeing as I'm not yet activated, I'm going to simply abstain.

... Well hm. Now mafia chicks, if there are any, can just come out and say "Alien! ... suckers" and we won't think anything of it. Hm.

Hmmmmm abstain though.

The townspeople, in a remarkable display of rational discussion, decision-making, and solidarity, come to a rapid conclusion. Everyone breathes a sigh of relief and spends the rest of the day pretending that nothing untoward has hitherto occurred.

No one is dead. You have 24 hours for night actions.

Addendum: you guys are no fun. >:( You'll get more interesting descriptions once you start killing people again.

Haven't forgotten (unlike certain other people), but I'm in the middle of moving and haven't had much time. Sorry for the wait, I'll try get it up later tonight.

Right, let's go.

The sun rises over Mafialand.

A woman wakes to the distant sound of a little girl crying. It is not a loud sound, but to the woman, who has raised three children of her own, it is as distinctive and blood-freezing as any piercing shriek. Immediately she rises from bed, throws on some clothes, forgets to lock the door behind her. A part of her is relieved that she retains this parental instinct, takes it as proof of her continued humanity. As long as she is willing to rush to the aid of a child in need, all is well.

She follows the sound of tears to a small alley, nestled between a building and the wall of the church's graveyard. The girl is alone; she is around six years old, dressed in a pale blue dress. Her feet are bare, and there is a ribbon in her hair, come loose and in danger of falling out. She is leaning over-

It is not so bad, this time. The work of a professional, as the woman imagines it. For one there is very little blood. The wound is barely noticeable - a slim knife handle, quite unassuming, sticks out of a patch of red, but the blade itself has stemmed most of the bleeding. Still, the blood is vividly stark on white. The man is dressed - was dressed? - formally, black jacket and bowtie over white shirt, black trousers.

The woman notices it only when she steps forward to comfort the child. The man's shirt has been torn slightly, put askew, the top two buttons missing - a brief struggle, perhaps? - and the woman can see the edge of a small, black sign cut into the skin of his shoulder. Suddenly, relief floods her; it is the sign of the town mafia, every citizen in the town would recognise it. Taking deep breaths, face twisted into an expression that is a grin in all but fact, she turns and breaks into a run, eager to relay her glad news.

Some subconscious part of her notes and discards the soft sobs of the young girl, her words muffled by tears but still recognisable as a lost child crying over the body of her daddy, who had just yesterday promised to buy her ice-cream.

NWT is dead. He was mafia. You have 48 hours for discussion, or until a majority is reached.

Addendum: "no mafia" is a ridiculous idea that would only work if done very, very well. All the same I wish I'd thought of it. Oh, well, there's always next time.

The possibility of "everyone is an alien" could still be true if we amended it to say that all non-mafia members are aliens.

But I sort of doubt that would happen. Otherwise we wouldn't have this many kills.

So, with the less than usual pattern of deaths, and the death of a mafia member, I'm pretty certain we have two mafia groups on our hands here. That is, unless we have three doctors among our group of aliens.

Well then!

opal, could I pull a Vixie and have conversations with players over PM?

I would like you to obey one rule, though: there is to be absolutely no communication regarding the game outside of this thread, unless specified otherwise in your role PM.

Additionally I am extending the deadline by at least 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom