• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Open] (OOC/Signups)The Soul Guard- "Genocide"

Name: Cassandra Xanderia

Appearance: http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/AntipathicZora/plainclothes-cassandra.png

Cassandra is a tall, narrow woman, standing at about 5' 11" and just a little below average weight. Her hair is jet black, mildly curly and falls to mid-back. Her eyes are a very specific shade of hazel, that in the right light, can appear blood red at first glance. Her usual outfit consists of loose, flowy items; a red shirt with extra large sleeves that's a good two sizes too big for her, and black pants that flare out at the bottom. She keeps a holster for a gun hidden under the waistband to her pants.

Story: Cassandra grew up in a wealthy family, but was always taught to appreciate what she had. She had two siblings; one brother around ten years older and one sister two years younger. When they were both rather young, the brother died in a car crash, but the two sisters grew up to be incredibly close to one another. In that time, Cassandra had two daughters, both by different fathers, because the oldest one's had died shortly before she had gone into labor. She remained with the father of the youngest, and they were engaged.

She had been living with her sister when they came. The mercenaries, three of them, stormed their home and claimed every single life in it. Her fiance. Her two daughters. Her sister.

But they never took her down.

In her wrath, she grabbed the gun out of her fiance's limp hand and shot all three of them dead. In the wave of panic that followed, she took the killers' bodies and burned them, then took her family and gave them the best burial she could muster, in an open field somewhere far from the scene.

And it was then that she swore to avenge them, and so she signed on to the Soul Guard.

Guardian: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/225/3/2/Unnamed_Monster_Concept_by_AntipathicZora.jpg
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv97/AntipathicZora/azerath.png

- Cassandra's Guardian refers to herself as Azerath. Her preferred appearance is that of a shadowy humanoid with long claws, covered in bone, armor-y scales and stone plates, with a slasher smile, violet eyes and long platinum hair flowing out from behind a dragon-skull mask. A pair of back shadow wings extend from her back in this form. Her true form is that of a massive undead dragon, with similar stone plates, however made up of skeleton. In this form, the shadow wings extend down into three shadow fox tails, and there appears to be a stone plate on her chest that has chains and shackles bolted to it.

- Despite her appearance, Azerath is actually quite friendly and well-meaning, wanting nothing more than to be friends with her host and work together with her. Though she doesn't plan on making it easy for Cassandra to reach her, she also does not plan on making her fight her, for want of not "killing" her and blocking her from ever going back in to try again.

- Her living area, as well as her challenge, is a dark labyrinth. Cassandra will have to find her way through this maze to the center where Azerath awaits. In preparation for her host finding her way there, Azerath has set up puzzles and traps, simply to make it appear like an actual challenge. That's not to say there aren't a few... nastier surprises that she's set up. When she enters, Cassandra will be equipped with a light. The beam is near-useless at first, barely able to illuminate three feet in front of it, but will grow stronger as she progresses and solves the labyrinth's puzzles.

- Azerath's granted powers relate to the challenge. When Cassandra draws from her, she gains control over shadows, including things like forming temporary items from them, attacking with them and cloaking herself. This only works with shadows within a ten-foot radius so far, but the pair hopes to increase this range. There are drawbacks, however. When using more intensive sorts of techniques (shadow weaponry falls under this category, among other things), she will fall unconscious upon coming out of Guardian mode. In addition to this, her eyes are far more sensitive to light than normal in this mode, and while this grants her an advantage in dark places, in brighter places it gets harder to see because the light hurts her eyes.

- When Cassandra draws on Azerath's power, her eyes turn bright violet.

Other: Nope.avi

I was a bit scared for a minute, there. See, in this story I'm writing of Cedrick's finding of the Soul Guard, he has a mentor named Cassandra, but she looks like THIS.

Anywhos, accepted.

Also, I discovered my vacation spot has limited wifi, so I'll be on a little bit over the week.

Name: Kay Smith

Appearance: Kay is tall and slender, with sandy blond, curly hair cropped short to his head. His eyes are pale blue and he has pretty dark skin for a white person. He has a few freckles on his nose and cheeks, and his ears are a bit large. His teeth are a bit yellow, and his fingernails are pretty long. His clothes are old but generally well-kept, with only a few tears. He wears a thin, overly-large black jacket almost all of the time. It has a pocket on the chest, but the bottom tore out a while back so it's useless.

Story: Kay is an orphan, and has been for as long as he can remember. Like a few trillion others (Kay's never been good with numbers), he showed up at the orphanage's doorstep one day (in a basket probably, although no one remembers) and just went from there. The ladies there took care of the kids as best they could, but there was always a note of poverty in the air. Nevertheless, the orphanage did pretty alright until the people came. The searched the orphanage's records, finding everyone who had been in a significant number of fights. Kay and a few others fit the bill, and for some undisclosed reason they tried to take him. One of the women, Karen, the one who was closest to Kay, tried to stop them, and got bashed over the head badly for her trouble. Kay ran, and has no idea what happened to her after. He wishes fervently that he did.

Guardian: Kay's guardian presents itself, in the outside world, as a solidly cobalt-blue monkey with a symbol on its forehead. The symbol, a circle with a cobalt square in the center, is the cover of snow. In his head, however, the guardian presents itself as a young boy, about eleven or twelve, with golden, curly hair and shockingly blue eyes.

Kay's trial was simple; a game of tag was played, with Kay being, as the guardian said, 'it'. After what felt like hours of exhausting chase, Kay finally managed to wrap a hand around the nimble boy's ankle. With a giggle, the guardian agreed to help the kid out, as if it was another game to be played.

When his guardian helps him, Kay's eyes change from a natural light azure color to a solid medium blue. His hair lightens to bright, cherubic blond as well. He's granted, most noticeably, a humongous increase in his reaction times and overall speed. He becomes much more nimble, like a trained gymnast. He gets less of a strength boost than others, although not that noticeably. These traits show in his fighting style; rapid jabs are his go-to move.

Name: Shotoshu Storm

Appearance: He has short blonde hair, topped with a comical wool cap that covers his bad bedhead. His eyes are a pale blue and he is about 6'2'' in height. He wears finger-less gloves that once belong to his father and pair of old beaten boots found in the back of his father's closet. Along with the boots and gloves, he also carries a old blue long coat with fur lining greyed over time. He holds these items close to his heart because they belonged to his father before his family was slaughtered. He has a plain blue shirt with a white muscle shirt under it, and baggy black pants with numerous pockets with zippers on some and stores items he picked up along the way.

Story: The youngest of a bunch of kids, he was named after his dead grandfather as a memory to him. His life was simple enough, surrounded by his many siblings and parents, and was happy and whole. In these times he believed nothing could ruin this happiness he held, until the day the 'They' came to eliminate them all. He was sleeping in his bed when his Father entered his room and wrapped him up in his blankets and hiding him under a pile of sheets and clothes. He told told Shotoshu to remain quiet and not leave until he came back for him. Scared of what his father was concerned with, he stayed in his hiding place as the wold around him disappeared in a swift action from 'Them'. He spent little over a day in the hiding place, waiting for his father to return to get him. When he never came, Shotoshu slipped out of his hiding place and looked through his now tattered home. As he walked down the hall, he stepped in a warm, sticky pool on the floor. Curious, he followed the pool and discovered that the source was from his older Sister's throat.

Bit by bit he found his family and gathered their bodies together, wiping tears from his eyes so he could see where he was going. Gathering them in the living room, he knelled down before them and cried for what seemed like hours. He cried until he feel asleep, curled up into himself covered in the blood of his family on his clothes. That night he had a dream of a red bird fluttering through the room around him before perching on the back of a throne and look down at him with five sets of eyes. The bird smirked and Shotoshu woke up to find himself still in the living room.

Searching his home, he found himself drawn to the old clothing of his father and gathered what he needed. He knew he couldn't stay there anymore, not when his family was destroyed and the ones that caused it still breathed. He left his home, setting it aflame so no one else may trespass on his family anymore. From then on he has travelled on his own, in search of some purpose and a means to get his revenge.

Guardian: Goes by the name "Krow", she often speaks to her new host about his Father and how she herself once appeared as a male in the old man's mind. She gives various boons to Shotoshu, jacking up his speed to a point where others around him appear standing still being one of the more obvious. She also has a more lingering effect over Shotoshu's body, always present but often goes unnoticed by himself and others. This said effect causes her host and others near him to find moments of clarity where there may be noise, and in the case of those suffering from a mental disorder, sanity.

Krow herself is a "Insanity Eater" and a "Life Drinker", feasting on the dark spots lingering in the minds of others as a means to keep up her duty of protecting her young charge. In times of dire need to sustain Shotoshu, she will take his remaining energy and appear in the physical world to commence a powerful attack that engulfs a multiple of people (enemy or at times allies if they get caught in the attack) and thus reduce them to energy-based forms. She then takes it in and use it as a means to keep him alive. This move however has a hard drawback of leaving him unconscious. As for the "Life Drinker" part, this aspect of herself only applies when she is aiding him in battle by draining the opponent's energy away each time they connect with a attack while coated in her red aura.

When simply adding Shotoshu in battle, she appears in her aura-like form of a Crow. When like this, there are three forms she will use for battle.
-First form: Encases Shotoshu in her red glow to up his abilities. His eyes would turn dark grey, hair changing to red and would have a almost mischievous sly smile to him.
Second form: She will possess whatever weapon he may hold, or simply coat his fists and feet and focus her powers to give them added effects. When Shotoshu attacks land, the receiver will feel their energy slowly drain with each connect with the red glow.
-Third Form: She will take on a more physical form and start to attack with her own talons and wings. When like this, [name] is forced to sit and anchored to one spot as she does the battle for him. Like this, he is unable to defend himself, depending heavily on his Guardian as protection from attackers. As a precaution, Krow will coil her tail feather around him as a form of shield to weather most attacks.

Her trial for Shotoshu was a game of the mind. She sent him into a realm within his mind where he faced all his fears and confronted the distorted forms of his family and friends, battle grotesque images of the ones that slaughtered his kind and in the end having to battle with his own Father and the old form of Krow together to prove his mantle against his Old Man. Only once did he defeat his Father did Krow start allowing him access to the powers that once were only given to the Father before him.

Other: Shotoshu doesn't know how he gained his Father's guardian, only told by Krow that he will learn in time how and why she is now part of him, as well as to why Krow pushes him forward toward the end of this "Story".

(I'll add to this when more come to mind...like what this guy looks like)

Last edited:
Lili, reservation removed (You made me Sad Face).

Blastoise Fortooate, accepted.

Moon-Panther: Oh, shit, Halan references.

Thorne Rainfall, from what I can tell, you just changed your Guardian's appearance, so that's fine.

Which reminds me. Anyone else who is dissatisfied with their form has until the start of the RP to change things. In the future, when you make a change, post a short version of whatever you changed so I don't have to re-read your form.

So, I, for example, am going to add a weapon to my character. Cedrick now carries a steel hand-and-a-half longsword on a belt strapped around his torso. A gift from his former master. Ta-da.

Also, not everyone needs to begin with the Soul Guard. Be in a mini-group with other characters, or be searching for the Soul Guard. I only need a few to begin in the encampment with me. (But if everyone wants to start in the camp, that's fine. It shortens a lot of the process.)

omg i just realized i don't have to be in the soul guard i must try to join again sorry

Name: Paisley Pole, goes by 'Pole'

Appearance: Pole is a tall, gangly, and weedy-looking girl with very pale tinted skin. Her hair is described as looking like long, flat reeds. The length of her arms and legs limbs in proportion to her short and narrow body make her look almost inhuman. She wears a blue shirt with a white flaky stain down the front and various names of different people from her school on the back, along with blue shorts with white polka-dots. She is known to wear a wide-brimmed pointed hat at most times.

Story: Pole was raised by her brother Purvis for most of her life. Her parents never really paid much attention to her. When Purvis joined a local gang, Pole didn't really care. Until her brother was killed along with his gang, and only one member survived. His name was Graham. So Paisley set out for him, to find the last remaining link to her brother she had.

Other: Based off of NARNIA~

Last edited:
Lili, re-reserved. FOR NARNIA.

Mewmew:), a few grammatical errors, no biggie. A little more description of his guardian would be nice, but not entirely necessary if you don't plan on it making any grand appearances.

However, the fact that he can become invisible and at the same time make absolutely no sound is just a teeny bit much. I would assume that by no sounds, you mean his body produces no sounds, however, if he stepped on a twig, it would still snap and be audible, as it was the stick making the sound, not Smith, yes? If that's the case accepted. If the twig also becomes silent, I'd suggest a few small adjusments to your skill set. I'm sorry if I sound like a prick.

(Also, peoples, I plan on making a map of the country. When I do, ya'lls can just throw down a city, mountain, etc. or two that you think is worth mentioning. Basically, I'll have the capital city, the forest the Soul Guard is based in, and the city my character is from. So you'll be helping create this country. Isn't that just beautiful teamwork?)

I apologize for three things:

1) grammar- reason: iPod touch is my device right now.
2) yes- the actual guardian will make very little show, unless he goes into a passive state(think gaara of the desert kind of thing)
3)yes only he makes no noise, also he would not be able to do both at the same time, until maybe much later where he advances more in guardian use.

Ok I have to ask: can we give every gaurdian the ability to transparticulate.
In other words, like in the matrix, we use a landline to break down our molecules allowing is to 'transport' or 'teleport' from location using a phone. The only restrictions would be that someone needs to be on the other end and you have to know the number. I figure when my character reaches the base that he will have a fancy gps that will allow us to see the numbers of all nearby phones, and one person to stay at base sober can use a phone to get out of a quick pince.

Again, hope I don't sound like a prick, but I probably do, and for that, I'm sorry.

I think the Guardians are a little archaic to be doing that kind of interaction with material objects on a regular basis.

While I see no reason to deny your request, it simply doesn't seem to fit in my vision of the Guardians.

Let me try to put it this way: (True story, by the way. Maybe a few details are wrong, but, meh.)

So a scientist, scrawny, weak guy, and his friends are about to be sucked out of their building by a tornado or some such catastrophe. This guy somehow managed to hold the door closed from a force that would normally tear him, or anyone twice his size, to shreds, all because of a massive adrenaline rush. His arms were practically paralyzed after, but he and his friends were alive. (Dunno if the paralysis was permanent or not, but you get the point.)

This is the very story that helped me concieve the Guardians, and it seems to me like the whole phone transparwhositnow just doesn't seem as... "Awe-inspiring."

I love the Matrix Series very dearly, but I feel like this extra addition to the Guardians would not only infringe on my beliefs of Guardians, but it would also feel like it was turning into more of a Matrix-Based RP on a whole. And, for this RP, I would rather keep it as close to my original concept as possible.

But thank you for the suggestion. If you wish, you could give your Guardian similar abilities to transparcallyphoney, though I would ask you, in that case, to remove one or two of your other powers, as you seem to have stocked up on them anyways.

(Also, peoples, I plan on making a map of the country. When I do, ya'lls can just throw down a city, mountain, etc. or two that you think is worth mentioning. Basically, I'll have the capital city, the forest the Soul Guard is based in, and the city my character is from. So you'll be helping create this country. Isn't that just beautiful teamwork?)
Ooh, goody. It's always nice to have a collaborative effort in an RP. :D

I have a question, is the "Earth" in this RP our Earth except it has the Guardians in it, or is it an entirely different Earth?

Well, I thought about that a long time, and I decided it would be called Earth, but not our Earth. So, no, it'll basically be a different world.

If a majority says they'd rather have it in our earth, but with Guardians, though, I'm fine with that. It's open-ended enough that it could go both ways. Until a majority says otherwise, though, I'm working on the map for an entirely different world.

But we really need to only worry about one country, the one the genocide is in. Feel free to add things to the world, not just the country, once the map is up.

Back
Top Bottom