• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Open] (OOC/Signups)The Soul Guard- "Genocide"

Double post, ah, my god, somebody sue me. :I

I have the map as I said. It isn't meant to be exact or look epic, just give you an idea of the way we'll be going. I was going to add a key, but it should be fairly obvious for the most part. ('Cept maybe the canyon cluster north of the eastern mountains. But now you know.)
I feel slightly ashamed because I couldn't think of a name for the country. So throw that in there, to, if you feel like it. Or the neighboring countries. Hell, MewMew:) can name a city Zion. Forgive the areas which are pretty much nothing but green. Rules for the map:

-Be mindful of other players' posts and additions
-Have fun with it
-Don't have so much fun with it as to name a city "Poopyville." Bad. No.
-Leave a small one or two sentence summary for each feature you name. Large summaries are great, to.
-Fill it out. Here it is.

Here's some general info about the unnamed country. Map.

It is a hierocracy, or a country ruled by the dominant church. This dominant religion, for the sake of simplicity, is monotheistic, and refers to its diety as simply "God." Guardian adept people are being targeted as, essentially Demons, and are being purged in the name of God. Currently, the ruler refers to herself as the Queen, and like all previous rulers is apparently connected to God.

Eximus, the capital city, is named for the prophet who existed about eighteen hundred years ago, and who united the people against oppression. Little else of Eximus is known.

Blackwell is a fairly large town, home to Cedrick.

The Soul Guard Encampment, where the RP will begin.
---
I'm going camping for another week. I doubt there'll be wifi, but there's always the off-chance. Fill out the map while I'm gone, I'll update it officially when I get back. Then, the RP starts whether or not you've finished your form.

The mountain peninsula to the west of where we start:

Zion- A mountainous region with a riggid terrain. Not many people can brave the cold and harsh weather but it may be well worth it. Legend says that within the center mountain is a city. A city far more advanced then our civilizations now, but this is only a rumor as no one who has gone there, and made it back, saw anything. The true center mountain has yet to be explored and recorded, maybe one day its secrats will be revealed.

Inside of center mountain. just in case we ever go there, also it has an orbital space cannon in stasis lock.

I'll try to be up-to-date with the map. Here's the map including some of my own additions: if anyone doesn't agree with my additions, please tell me so I can remove them. ;3;

Turbatus Sea: A turbulent ocean that does not agree with any sailors' predictions. Even by the seasons, its waves are unpredictable. Sailing in these oceans are hard and even average fishermen must be very savvy to navigate these waters.

Port Claron: A city with innumerable docks. Known for harboring the best sailors around, the city flourished due to being surrounded by both lake, ocean, and forest. It's also known for being a safe haven from most government activity, due to the fact that the sheer amount of ships makes it impossible for the government to organize anything in the city.

Piani: A fairly populated suburban town with denizens ranging from the rich to the poor. Monica and her family originate here and their family traces back to when the town consisted of poor immigrants in tents. Most of the population follows the church.

I'd like to be a part of this. So I'd like to reserve a spot, please! Because I need time to come up with a good persona...

Nice job there, people. Magnemite, reserved, and Map nicely done. I'll be sure to have a post solely for the purpose of explaining everything on the map which will be updated (Hopefully) regularly.

The RP will begin pretty soon here, so make any final adjustments to your forms or any changes concerning map locations related to your forms quickly.

Moony, you have been accepted. Yay. RP Starts as soon as I find an adequate name for the country itself. Which will be soon. (Suggestions still much appreciated despite the options swirling in my head.) Be sure you know if you're beginning with the Soul Guard or not, and if not, where you'll find us. You could let us know in advance, or surprise us. Now have fun, people.

I shall surprise you with when you meet Shotoshu here. He seems to be travelling from what I wrote in his story

Ooookeday, then. Got a name. It probably isn't that good, but we're not here solely for the name, are we? So it's bearable, and maybe it'll catch on.

Welcome, my friends, to the Soul Guard. Welcome... To Terramia. RP thread should be up momentarily. Keep updating the map while you roleplay. Seriously, I want to see what this ends up like.

Silken Canyon: Ancient tribes believed that this was the graveyard of their gods who died thousands of years ago. The bones of these dieties supposedly are the canyon walls. The silk that once covered their bones has dried to rock and dirt. Nowadays, it is wasteland, a place some convicts are left to die. If they survive, it is the will of God, and they are forgiven of their crimes. If they die, they have recieved their judgement.

Name: Maggie

Appearance:*
Maggie's hair is shoulder length rich blonde hair, with deep hazel eyes. She's a little taller than most, but not but about 3-4 inches. Her attire consists of a loose fitting white pull-over hoodie with a solid black t-shirt under it, a pair of slightly baggy camo cargo jeans, some old, worn sneakers, a homemade ninja-style mask, and a single worn red glove on her right hand, which was the last thing her mom ever gave her before the genocide. Year round. Maggie has a swimmer's body, and also does parkour, which is a style of running using vaults, jumping, and rolling to get from Point A to Point B in the most efficient manner. And also is a green belt in karate, before the genocides started.

Story:*
When the genocide started happening, she realized the origin of her natural talent for fighting, and maybe a bit of her parkour talent. She was extremely efficient with the fight aspect as well as the flight. So, she decided to take two katanas that her parents had in a display shelve, along with the sheaths. She heard of a band called Soul Guards, so she joined them about two weeks ago.

Guardian:*
Maggie's guardian is a cheetah with the aura color of purple. The test, which Maggie is still not even ready to take, is going to be having to chase a cheetah, in a parkour-friendly obstacle course, and she has varying levels of powers, but can only use a system of 3 EP (energy points. The number marked is the EP cost):
1- being extremely nimble
1-*extreme agility
2- being able to slow time in her mind, creating reaction time (sometimes created without an EP when running while having extreme agility, learned later on)
2- aura claws and fangs during a fight. Max of 10 mins.
2- a concentrated roar that can blow away people miles away.
3- ultimate attack. Cheetah aura turns into a gun of the mind, releasing a concentrated blast of aura energy, can decimate anything in a few mile radius, but uses so much energy, it threatens Maggie's life.
All level-1 abilities only cause Maggie to get woozy for a few minutes. Level-2 abilities cause her to get a headache and/or throw up. And the level-3 explains itself.
Maggie's "guardian form" (would that be an appropriate name for when one "merges" with his/her guardian?) makes her hair turn pure white and her pupils turn huge, like that of a cheetah's.*

Other:*
Maybe a relation? If anyone with a guy character wants to. Preferably starts later on in the RP.
P.S. For future reference, she does a shoulder roll by instinct if she trips or is tripped, as long as nothing is keeping her body from moving forward.

Magnemite, accepted.

Yes, Guardian Form would be the only adequate thing to say for now, though if someone has an epic name for them, you should share with the class.

New city:

Krazo Spirit city: located at the junction of the Zion river, the Blackwell river, and the Paini river. It was a very religious city and believed in athletic perfection. They held vigorous olympics to find the 'perfect' humans. But the entire city was killed in the genocide. Now the only thing left is the crumbling city and vagrants.

Map updated. (EDIT: Okay, so it didn't update. But it will be updated on the post FOR the map.)

RP is up, so here's some tidbits about your intro posts, assuming you choose to begin in the Soul Guard Camp.

You will be given a message by a small child. I don't care if the child is a boy or a girl, kind or rude, or if they drag you to the pavilion themselve or tell you were to go before bolting far away from the tent.

You will be summoned by the Council of 12, who, along with any others summoned, will tell you that you must be the first to strike back at the government. We will be ordered to do whatever we see fit to strike back, as long as we don't make the Soul Guard's whereabouts known.

Only four people besides myself will be summoned, but we will be allowed to take anyone with us we like, so you can have a pre-established relationship of some kind, or you could try to follow us because you want in on the action. The point is, we're going out soon.

Last edited:
TERRAMIA

((Official Post for the Country, its culture, and map.))

Terramia is a hierocracy, or a country ruled by the dominant church. This dominant religion, for the sake of simplicity, is monotheistic, and refers to its diety as simply "God." Guardian adept people are being targeted as, essentially Demons, and are being purged in the name of God. Currently, the ruler refers to herself as the Queen, and like all previous rulers is apparently connected to God.

Map Rules:

-Be mindful of other players' posts and additions
-Have fun with it
-Don't have so much fun with it as to name a city "Poopyville." Bad. No.
-Leave a small one or two sentence summary for each feature you name.Large summaries are great, as well.
-Fill it out. Seriously.

MAP

RPMapcopy.png

Eximus: The capital city is named for the prophet who existed about eighteen hundred years ago, and who united the people against oppression. Little else of Eximus is known.

Blackwell: A large town, third most populated in the country. Blackwell is the third largest city in the country, but despite that, it pales in comparison to Eximus and its sheer size. It was named for the oil boom which started the town two hundred fifty years ago, when a very famous poet wrote that this city, soon to be a crown jewel, lives on black wells.

The Soul Guard Encampment: Where the council of twelve sits, and gives directives to its soldiers, the Guardian adepts.

Zion: A mountainous region with a riggid terrain. Not many people can brave the cold and harsh weather but it may be well worth it. Legend says that within the center mountain is a city. A city far more advanced then our civilizations now, but this is only a rumor as no one who has gone there, and made it back, saw anything. The true center mountain has yet to be explored and recorded, maybe one day its secrats will be revealed.

Turbatus Sea: A turbulent ocean that does not agree with any sailors' predictions. Even by the seasons, its waves are unpredictable. Sailing in these oceans are hard and even average fishermen must be very savvy to navigate these waters.

Port Claron: A city with innumerable docks. Known for harboring the best sailors around, the city flourished due to being surrounded by both lake, ocean, and forest. It's also known for being a safe haven from most government activity, due to the fact that the sheer amount of ships makes it impossible for the government to organize anything in the city.

Piani: A fairly populated suburban town with denizens ranging from the rich to the poor. Monica and her family originate here and their family traces back to when the town consisted of poor immigrants in tents. Most of the population follows the church.

Silken Canyon: Ancient tribes believed that this was the graveyard of their gods who died thousands of years ago. The bones of these dieties supposedly are the canyon walls. The silk that once covered their bones has dried to rock and dirt. Nowadays, it is wasteland, a place some convicts are left to die. If they survive, it is the will of God, and they are forgiven of their crimes. If they die, they have recieved their judgement.

Krazo Spirit city: It was a very religious city and believed in athletic perfection. They held vigorous olympics to find the 'perfect' humans. But the entire city was killed in the genocide. Now the only thing left is the crumbling city and vagrants.

Last edited:
IMPORTANT ANOUNCEMENTS

1- It might just be me being impatient, and tell me if it is, but a lot of people seem to be, you know, not posting. I'm being paranoid, so if you're not regularly posting then just post here that you're still alive or (hopefully not) if you want to leave the RP.

2- I'm going to poke at everybody and say, "The Map is still open for editing." Because I'm fresh out of ideas, and I seem to be obsessing over this entire thing. In the stupid way.

3- I'm going to ask PLEASE NOBODY LEAVE BECAUSE I'M WORKING REALLY HARD ON A NEW PROJECT, and I already have all the characters in it ready to get finalized, then colored. ALL the characters. Hopefully I get the features, clothes/all-around image correct on them. I don't really expect to, but worth a shot.

'Kay I'm done. Good luck, everybody!

"Jump at you guys?" That sounds interesting.

Anywhos, I finished the pet project I mentioned before. LOOK UPON IT AND SAY "WTF, WHO IS THAT SUPPOSED TO BE?!"

the_soul_guard_by_black_yoshi_99-d418978.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom