• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Open] Return of the Elementals: Part Two of the Elementals Series (OOC/Signups)

Holy Crap. I didn't realize that it would gain so many members in such a short amount of time...

Anyway, before I input my Elemental's form, I need to know if this Dark/Dragon Isshu pokemon, Sazandra would be accepted:
635.png

Now then:

Name: Miles Goodwin

Side: United Force

Appearance: Miles stands at 6'1" and has somewhat pale skin and dark blue eyes. His hair is at a rather short length and is lighter brown, and his preferred clothing is a black coat over a dark green shirt, with dark-colored pants as well. His left index finger bears a ring with a small emerald on it; this is supposedly a family memento.

Personality: In being the leader of the United Force, Miles has a natural sense of leadership, a strong sense of justice, and is a very skilled strategist. Much like David, he won't go out of his way to attack anyone unless they're in his way. Unlike David, however, he has a rather... loose definition of what "standing in his way" means. He too is an intellectual, which is often cited towards why his strategies turn out so well for those involved.

Bio: At an early age, Miles wanted to learn of why the pokemon had disappeared, or rather, what had caused them to. He learned of a few details from his grandfather, but most of what happened was not something that he was told. Without any pokemon to really abttle with, all he knew of them was stories he was told, and information he learned via museums, information that he used to learn what they might have been like, and possibly learn of how they battled. Details behind their disappearance was something he learned many years later, after he had entered and the United Force, where he established himself as a very capable member, and rose through its ranks over the years, until he was only recently granted the title of general, whereupon he finally learned of what Goodwin did all those decades ago. When rumors of the return of pokemon, and the return of Elementals began to spring up, he started to formulate a plan, a plan that needed to begin with the capture, of, or at least, the sighting of, an Elemental.

Relationships: He is the grandson of David Goodwin. Other than that, nothing.

Other: I have one more thing to PM you about, Mewtwo. After that, probably nothing. Also, I'm writing this under the assumption that the United Force is a more of a military power as opposed to the Government's political power. I'm also going under the assumption that the two organizations are connected somehow.

Well, I found this in a box floating down the Amazon river, along with a McDonalds Filet-O-Pirhana sandwhich. Wonder what it could be.....

Name: Adam Vensette
Side: Elemental
Element: Steel
Partner Pokemon: Komatana [M] (Shiny)
Appearance: Adam is tall, about 5' 7", and he is of an average weight. His hair is greyish-white (like Steven Stone's), and he has to wear glasses, or else he can't see. Prefers to mask his hair with a grey baseball cap that has this image on it. Usually wears a grey hoodie over a white t-shirt, and he wears grey cargo pants with black sneakers. His eyes are a green-blue color. He always carries around a CD player and some of his favorite CDs.
Personality: Adam is a very jolly person on the inside, and loves to make people laugh. Though he can be a jokester at times, he usually prefers to stay on task and get things done. He likes to plan things out before he does them. However, ne is extremely impatient when waiting on someone else. He also hates to leave anyone behind, and preffers to stay and fight than to run.
Bio: Adam was born in Celestic Town, though he always had wanted to get out of it. His parents, who were never around much, were reaserchers. They were desperately searching for pokemon, though there were none to be found. When he was six, he recieved a message saying that his parents were returning home, and they had found an actual pokemon, one that hadn't been discovered at that. However, he soon found out his parent's plane had crashed on Iron Island. He took the next boat over, and found a small pokemon amidst the wreckage. He took the pokemon and cried, only to find it talking back to him. He was amazed by the fact, and began searching about it on the internet and in books. He soon came upon the legend of the Elementals, and was convinced that he had gained powers similar to them. He currently is traveling, and is staying on the Lakefront Hotel outside of Veilstone.
Relationships: He is an only child, and both of his parents died in a plane crash when he was six. As far as romance goes, I'm open to anyone who wants one. (ASK ME FIRST. PLZ.)
Other: (At least my last name isn't Steele this time.....) Is it ok if my pokemon evolves over the course of the story? (It's kinda what I had planned, and why I chose a pre-evolved one.)

Jesus, let me sleep. XD

All accepted, and added later, as I have to get in the shower now.

Recently I had a thought:

Some of you may have noticed but I've gotten into making banners for the moment. I would like to attempt a commemorative banner for 'Legend of the Elementals'. If possible I'd like a trainer sprite of each of the original Characters to put into the banner. As well I'd need something to put down underneath it. If its okay with Mewtwo I can probably start if I get a few trainer sprites.

As I said, just an idea. I'd need help for the Trainer Sprites though.

Last edited:
River: That's a great idea! especially because of the banner you made me and Barubu :D I could probably make my trainer sprite, and all other previous member's trainer sprites given the details.

I approve of the idea of a banner....and now I know who is making them, I can request a HitmonArmy one....hehehehe. Anyway

Name: Henry McRoy
Side: United Forces Lieutenant
Appearance: Henry's hight, gold-blond hair and cyan-blue eyes make him stand out very well. He also has a mustache like Mario's. He wears tan pants, a tan jacket and a tan round hat. (Think Henry Jones Sr.) The only things not tan are his shirt, which is white, and his black boots.
Personality: Henry likes to remember "back in the days" when he was a field op. He is helpful in every way he can and is a brilliant stratigist. He has refused promotion to commander seven times, because he loves his job so much.
Bio: Henry was born and raised in Hearthome City. Henry joined the United Forces aged eighteen, the minimum age requirement. Since then, he worked ten years on the field and twelve as a mission controler. He is only six months from the end of his career and was interested when the rumors of the elemental mission came up.
Relationships: Mother and father in Hearthome.
Other: Nope.

Last edited:
Name: Amy Striker ((yes she changed her name to reflect Wallace's.))

Element: Poison

Partner Pokémon: Skuntank

Appearance: What does your character look like? Images are allowed, but must have text to accompany it.

Personality: PO, but seems Emo and depressed and loves to tells people to go 'fuck off a cliff and die'.

Bio: Explain your character's backstory, whether an Elemental gone hiding, or a United Force, and your family.

Relationships: Wallace's ((my Elemental part one character)) #1 Fangirl
Crush on Matthew for epic love triangle.

Other: Anything else?

Fine. I changed it so she'll be an epic Fangirl.

@Cheatmaster: I did tell you I made it.

@Mewtwo: Wait, was Jacob accepted? Or are you just not adding them in yet...

@Brock (And everyone else in the oporiginal): Could you make a trainer sprite of your elemental from the original for me?

Last edited:
Not all of us are good at making custom trainer sprites, River. I know I could never draw out something that looks remotely close to David or Andrew.

Anyways, I'll have my Elemental form up soon.

I could never get close to you probably, all im good at with trainer sprites is recolours and slight edits. As long as its even close I dont give a raticates tail. Mainly its just representation. But I can probably work with whatever I get.

I could make trainer sprites for those unable to.

And all are accepted, but I keep forgetting to add them.

I fail at Wallace.

@Mewtwo: Wallace is basically a DPPT Ace Trainer with brown hair and a Farfetch'd Shirt.

I'm going to join as a United Force member.

Name: Kiriku Alen
Side: United Force
Apperance: She has long, curly blonde hair with black streaks. Her eyes are lime green and she has a mole under her left eye. She wears cargo jeans and a white spagehtti strap tank top. She also wears black boots.
Personality: She is very rebelious and dosen't like to take orders. Most of the time she does things her own way and gets in trouble for it.
Bio: She was raised by her two parents in Hearthome until she turned 18. Her parents made her join the United Force when she turned 18 as punishment for always disobeying them and trying to run away.
Relationships: She has a crush on Miles Goodwin.(If its ok.)
Other: The only reason she stays in the United Force is because her crush on Miles, even if she is like a grunt.

Name: Nate Demak

Element: Dark

Partner Pokémon:
635.png
Struve [m]

Appearance: Nate is only five foot three, generally wears light gray pants and a darker colored coat with the hood generally kept up, and has dark brown eyes.

Personality: Mostly PO, just bear in mind that he's very nervous about having this duty as an Elemental bestowed on him, considering what had happened to the Elementals so long ago. Furthermore, he isn't too good at keeping secrets.

Bio: All while growing up, Nate's grandfather Andrew was a resident of his family's household. The only reason his mother ever gave was that the man had nowhere else to go; Andrew supposedly never wanted to be registered into a home for reasons that he never chose to elaborate on. Nate would always go to his grandfather for stories of days when pokemon existed on this world, and would hear them, but Andrew refused to tell of anything that happened some time after the latter turned fourteen. If he ever reached that point, Andrew's stories would turn into confused ramblings about things called "Lycis" and "Eltanin," but these ramblings would simply peter out after a few minutes. Nate enjoyed exploring the land around Olivine when he wasn't listening to his grandfather's tales, and his travels would take him a bit further from the city each time he went out. In one instance, after he had turned twelve, he traveled far enough to reach Ecrutack City, and made the mistake of actually entering Burned Tower. He spent an entire night in Turnback Cave, and that night, he was tormented by small visions of what the Elementals went through while he slept. When he awoke, he found himself facing a Monozu, and could actually understand what it was saying to him. He was panicked by this, and this panic caused him to inadvertently send a blast of darkness at the pokemon. He brought the dark dragon home as discreetly as he could, but his family quickly caught on to what he was doing. He expected them to chase him out, but his parents simply directed him to Andrew, who told him the full story of Goodwin and the Elementals. He then told Nate that he needed to go into the wilds of Sinnoh and train with the Monozu, so that he could one day unite with other Elementals and possibly bring pokemon back in that land. It was with a hesitant mind that Nate and the Monozu, which he named Struve, boarded a boat to Sinnoh. After reaching the region, Nate spent nearly three years training with Struve, and it eventually evolved two stages, into the Sazandra he has now. Only after reaching that stage did Nate receive the message to meet in the Church, and now he is heading for Hearthome, wondering what sort of task lies ahead.

Relationships: Grandson of Andrew Demak

Other: Anything else?

Last edited:
I know I have to get off my lazy arse and work on my character but I'd like to propose that anybody in the original RP would delete any OOC posts and hit "Advanced edit -> Don't show sig in post" to sort of preserve the RP as a little gem of TCoD's first ever completed RP.

Back
Top Bottom