• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Paradise Island: The Starters' Tale ((Sign-Up and OOC Discussion

Jason-Kun

Welcome to Paradise Island, a small island not too far off from any of the other regions. Home two twelve unique Pokémon families not found anywhere else, this is the place where hunters come to capture Pokémon to ship off for training to be a starter.

Paradise Island is split down the middle by a range of mountains, home to Charizard and their young, although these Pokémon can be found elsewhere as well. The eastern side of the island it dotted with many dirt trails, forest and lakes. Fire and grass type starts can be found here. To the eastern side streches a far out beach, home to fire starters Not too far away is a smaller island, Four Ways Island.

Four Ways Isand is a smaller island and home to Split Path Cave. Split Path Cave has many underwater canals that Pokémon near and far use to travel from region to region. Sometimes a wild Pokémon will swim over to Paradise Island, causing trouble.

It's that time of year again. The Hunters are coming to Paradise Island to capture more starters. Will you flee to the other regions of the world, hide, fight, or succumb to the Hunters. Or are you a hunter coming to earn your wage? Welcome to Paradise Island: The Starters' Tale!

Sign-up

Humans-

Name:
Age (20-25ish please):
History:
Skills ((What skills do you have that could help with finding and taming the Pokémon?)):
Position ((Ether a Catcher- Catches the Pokémon, Healer- Heals the Pokémon after catching it, Feild Searcher- Searches out the Pokémon, or Attacker- Weakon's the Pokémon so the Catcher can catch it.)):
Pokémon ((What Pokémon do you own? List their name, gender, species, and attacks)):

Pokémon-

Name:
Age ((Be reasonable. And because I can, I'm making the ages for Pokémon measured in months.)):
Known Attacks:
Appearance ((Something to set you apart from others)):

My character-
Name: Whirlpool
Age ((Be reasonable. And because I can, I'm making the ages for Pokémon measured in months.)): 15
Species: Mudkip
Known Attacks: Scratch and surf.
Appearance ((Something to set you apart from others)): Smaller than most Mudkips her age. Has a red scar shaped much like a whirlpool on her left 'paw'.

Rules-
1. No controlling other players' characters or acting like a god.
2. No legendaries, this is mostly about the starters.
3. Try to stick to the plot.
4. Please don't kill other people's characters without their permission.
5. Humans can understand Pokémon, but ONLY if they have a Translator, keep that in mind.
6. More than one of each starter can be played.
7. You can have up to three characters, not counting NPC's.
8. If you or a small group would like to include a miniplot of sorts, PM me for apporval.

Name:Oreku
Age ((Be reasonable. And because I can, I'm making the ages for Pokémon measured in months.)):19
Species:Grovyle
Known Attacks:Slam, Razor Leaf, Bullet Seed
Appearance ((Something to set you apart from others)):Tuft of stark white hair on the top of his head.

That work?

Last edited:
If it's meant as an NPC, sure. If not, no. Only NPC Pokémon can be Pokémon that aren't starters. If you're going to play a Pokémon that isn't an NPC, you have to be a starter or a Pokémon in a starter's evolution line.

Name: Tobias
Species: Totodile
Known Attacks: Scratch, Rage, Water Gun
Appearance: is a deeper, darker blue than most Totodile, with larger spines.

Personality: Hyper and immature, to say the least. However he is also obedient and likes to stay with Tiger and Oreku most of the time.

Last edited:
Quilava :D

Name: Tiger
Species: Quilava
Known Attacks: Flame Wheel, Quick Attack, SmokeScreen, Double Edge
Appearance: Kind of chubby, like her sister Ashley ((who is not in this RP)).

Name: Ty
Species: Quilava
Known Attacks: Flamethrower, Flamewheel, Quick Attack, Double Edge
Appearance: Fire is black, whether it be on his body or used in attacks.

Name: Storm
Species: Charmander
Known Attacks: Dragon Claw, Flamethrower, Brick Break
Appearance: Has a scar on her right leg, and is darker than normal.

GET AWAY FROM MY CHARMANDER MEWTWO >:/

Actually, I just read starters can be played by more than one player. So I am Quilava now.

Name: Kailani
Species: Feraligatr
Known Attacks: Hydro Pump, Crunch, Superpower, Ice Punch
Appearance : He has a curved scar down the side of his face, and claws and teeth are slightly larger. Other than that, he looks normal

Name: Mark
Species: Wartortle
Known Attacks: Rapid Spin, Water Gun, Tackle, Withdraw.
Appearance: Mark has rather large ear-feathers, and two spots around his eyes of a darker color than the rest of his body. His shell is a dark red, and his claws are longer than average.

Name: Sapphire
Age ((Be reasonable. And because I can, I'm making the ages for Pokémon measured in months.)): 16
Species: Charmander
Known Attacks: Scratch, growl, ember, smokescreen
Appearance ((Something to set you apart from others)): Sapphire is shiny, so she is gold-colored and sparkly.

Wasn't starter Pokémon given to the professors by Breede-*shot*

Name: Happy
Species: Chimchar
Known Attacks: Scratch, Leer, Taunt, Flame Punch(carried over from father)
Appearance: A Chimchar, nothing outstanding here.
Other: Hey Darksong, can I hang around with you guys? D:

Name: Acha
Species: Torchic
Known Attacks: Ember, Peck, Scratch, Sand Attack
Appearance: In actual appearance Acha is just a runt, but when she's standing still she looks very odd since she tends to stand on one leg.

Back
Top Bottom