• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Paradise Island: The Starters' Tale

Jason-Kun

Welcome to Paradise Island, a small island not too far off from any of the other regions. Home two twelve unique Pokémon families not found anywhere else, this is the place where hunters come to capture Pokémon to ship off for training to be a starter.

Paradise Island is split down the middle by a range of mountains, home to Charizard and their young, although these Pokémon can be found elsewhere as well. The eastern side of the island it dotted with many dirt trails, forest and lakes. Fire and grass type starts can be found here. To the eastern side streches a far out beach, home to fire starters Not too far away is a smaller island, Four Ways Island.

Four Ways Isand is a smaller island and home to Split Path Cave. Split Path Cave has many underwater canals that Pokémon near and far use to travel from region to region. Sometimes a wild Pokémon will swim over to Paradise Island, causing trouble.

It's that time of year again. The Hunters are coming to Paradise Island to capture more starters. Will you flee to the other regions of the world, hide, fight, or succumb to the Hunters. Or are you a hunter coming to earn your wage? Welcome to Paradise Island: The Starters' Tale!

Accepted Players:
1.Oreku
2.Cryptica
3.Darksong
4.Dragon
5.Exo-Raikou
6.Blastoise428
7.Evoli
8.Male Gardevior
9.Shadow Lugia
10. Me!
---
A small blue head stuck up from the pond, orange horns grazing the surface. Clear water slid off the blue skin as the figure glanced from place to place, blue eyes checking to see if any others were nearby. The closest she could see was her brother, curled up under a reef not too far away. Diving back under the water, the female let out a squeal of happiness. All was well...

A small reptilian creature scampered after a butterfly. She tried repeatedly to eat it, but each time the insect would flutter away, just out of reach. The Charmander tripped and fell with an angry squeak. The butterfly she was chasing flew away. That was all right. There'd be others, and she had all the time in the world.. she'd catch one sometime!

Storm whipped around, scorching the rock in front of her with her tail, and slammed her paw into it, covered with blue-green flames. She waited a second and sighed. How much more longer until she evolved? Why did she take so long to evolve? Storm had been training herself for a moon, but no... Maybe it was time to find and actual opponent?

During that moon, Storm had broken boulders and burnt the tips off of blades of grass. But not actually fought another Pokemon. Maybe..? She sat on her haunches and looked up at they sky. If I was a Charizard, I could be there now...

Acha stood on her right foot as she pecked at the seeds scattered on the ground, looking up when a leaf fell off a nearby tree. She breathed some small, weak flames at it, watching in satisfaction as it caught fire, curling up and smoldering into ash.

She looked around at the group she and her family traveled in. There were several Torchic, all of which were bigger than her. Her runtiness was made up for by the fact that she seemed to be able to control fire better, and had learned Ember earlier than the rest of them. There were some Combusken, although it wasn't evolution season yet. And the rest were Blaziken. She had always dreamed of being large like them one day, and being strong. She had once watched one Blaziken use his Blaze Kick on a tree; it had shaken violently and had a hole scorched halfway through the trunk where his foot had hit. If she had ever tried to kick anything, she would be lucky to have kicked hard enough to get a stubbed toe.

Evolution seemed so far away to her. It would take months, maybe even years just to become a Combusken, and even longer to grow into a Blaziken. She had heard some of the older ones talk about how humans arrived annually to take some of them to be trained by humans. They apparently grew and evolved even faster, therefore she had been considering giving herself up to these humans. She was still undecided, but she thought it would seem fun to keep on darting right through their fingers until the very end when they were just about to leave, when she would make her choice. Acha had heard that it was around the time they came.

She was leaning towards going with them. She knew that that would give her a chance to explore and see other Pokemon unlike any she had ever seen before. All she knew was her group and the occasional others they saw. They usually were more friendly with other Pokemon that were the Fire type. She knew their names from her mother. There were orange lizards called Charmander that became the more scarlet Charmeleon and the flying Charizard; the small Cyndaquil, evolving into Quilava, which walked on four legs, and then the two-legged Typhlosion; and there were monkeys called Chimchar, which evolved twice into Monferno and Infernape. And there were even more that she saw from a distance sometimes, that weren't like Fire types. There were some that looked like plants and others that seemed to love water. She could never understand how anyone would like swimming all day.

As she ate, she continued to trail from subject to subject in her mind.

Tiger flared her flames as she head-butted the tree, practicing her Double-Edge. There was a loud BOOM that could be heard for a while, but not too far. As she was sent back, she did a flip and screeched to a stop on all fours, noticing a black scorch mark on the tree. Nodding to herself, she thought. Good. That means that tree is mine.

Tobias was near Tiger and watched her tackle the tree. He applauded eagerly while jumping up and down in a hyperactive manner. "Good! Cool! I like that!" He rapidly snapped his large jaws up and down faster than any slow-moving Pokemon could imagine. He ran up to the tree and attempted to Leer at it, but of course it had no effect. Still proud, he turned around and looked at Tiger expectantly.

((If you don't understand why he's so close to another Pokemon, read the signup post))

Tiger playfully nudged Tobias, saying, "It's not a real enemy, but it's fun to practice Double-Edge on. I'm trying to lower the amount of recoil I get. I'm still working on it. Why don't you practice damaging moves instead of status-inflicting moves?"

((Hey Darksong, I asked in the OOC thread if our characters also could be buddies, but you never answered. :l))

"Okay!" Tobias gave a thumbs-up and turned to the tree again. Scratch is too wimpy a move... how about my new Rage? He had only learned it a while ago, and wanted to see what it was like. Sort of how all young, immature, hyper Pokemon did. He charged into it headfirst after building up momentum by giving himself bad thoughts. "Wheee!"

((Hey Darksong, I asked in the OOC thread if our characters also could be buddies, but you never answered. :l))

((Whoops, sorry! :sweatdrop: I accept.))

Tiger nodded. "That's good, but don't hurt yourself too much." She grabbed a blue, round berry off a tree nearby and rolled it towards the young Totodile. "Here, try this. It'll help ease the pain."

Deeper into the forest a Grovyle with spiky white fur on the top of his head leaped from tree to tree, humming to himself and chewing on homemade gum made of cane sugar and tree sap, it was a bright day, and all was well. He suddenly noticed Tiger and Tobias playing around, he stopped to watch for a moment, taking in the battle strategies of the two and smiling to himself, he then dropped down to the forest floor and gave his best reptilian smile, "Hi, I'm Oreku," He waved cheerfully.

Two red spikes poked out of the water. They were shortly followed by a blue head with massive jaws, and before long, the entire body of the Feraligatr had emerged.

Time to hunt, I suppose. But why now? I've got all the time in the world on this island.

Shrugging, the massive beast wandered into the nearby forest, hoping to find something worth hunting.

"Hi, there, Oreku," Tiger replied, standing on her hind feet while she waved with one forepaw and rubbed her head with the other. "I've just been practicing Double-Edge. Nothing big. It kind of hurts, though... I've also been teachign Tobias how to train on trees, but... he's still got to learn a bit."

Tobias instantly chomped up the berry and swallowed it. "I like it!" he nearly shouted, and grinned. He heard a voice, and turned his head. "Hi!" he said, waving. "I'm training with Tiger on trees!"

In a small, recessed hole in the sand, a Wartortle twitched in his sleep, his large tail sticking out a bit from his shell. A large grunt echoed through the small room, and the Water pokémonrolled over and stuck out his head.

"Whaaaa...?" he muttered, blinking his eyes and rebalancing himself. The Waartortle, Mark, crawled out of his den, replaced the palm leaves he used as a covering over the hole, and jumped into the ocean. Resurfacing for a moment, Mark blew on his tail, aerating it and allowing him to carry an extra store of oxygen. Without another thought, Mark dived down into the sea, looking for treasures like coral and maybe even one of those odd, round, shiny things that Humans supposedly carried around. He thought it was called a "Koyn".

"Sounds like fun," Oreku examined the tree, "Wow," he gasped, "I'd hate to be in the way of that, it would destroy me." He turned back to Tiger, "Well, it was nice to meet you, you too Tobias," Then he leaped up into the foliage and took off, wandering some more, halfway hunting bug pokemon, halfway letting ADHD get the better of him.

Storm hissed in annoyance. Well, just sitting around wouldn't do anything.. Better get back to work. Maybe she could find an opponent, someone to train with?

Storm stood up again, and with a last look at the shattered boulder she wandered off into the forest ahead of her.

Back
Top Bottom