• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Planned Teams for Black and White?

I won't bother making a team, it'll all go kahowe when I get the game. Although I will get Ganonpig, Elvismon and that one on the first route who you only find in rustling grass and is a good healer...yeah, that one. Tabune or whatever

I believe I have it narrowed down to:

497.png
528.png
560.png
516.png
563.png
601.png

Monkeything may end up being ditched in favor of Tumorfrog. (In fact, monkeything is mostly there for the sake of affirmative action because I thought my team needed equal representation between mammals/reptilian things/wtfnotalivethings. I like tumorfrog a lot more :|).

625.png
623.png
579.png
531.png
545.png
547.png

Probably not the best team in the world, but I like them. I might decide to change this once I actually play the game though.

500.png

621.png

591.png

615.png
|
510.png
|
573.png

630.png
|
593.png

604.png
|
567.png

Too many choices, and I'm not certain on any of them except for the first three, and the sixth slot has a bunch of other better possibilities as well... 0_o

I always plan a team, and it never ends up anything like the plan, but:

*The final evo of the Water starter
* The final ground-type crocodile (seriously that line is the coolest)
*The pink thing with the ear-swirls that Alruane likes
*The electric zebra
*The small brown grass-type thing with the masses of fluff
*A flying type. Possibly the vulture/eagle, depending on which version I get? I dunno.

Christ I can't wait for all the English names to happen so I can stop using the word 'thing' every other word when talking about Gen V.

Pretty much decided on my team for Black (:
(
497.png
/
503.png
) (
565.png
/
586.png
)
609.png
(
523.png
/
587.png
)
560.png
579.png

I still need to decide on a starter (I might end up getting both if my friend gets White) which will determine whether I get the Abagoora or Mebukijika. If I find an Emonga I will probably swap Zeburaika for it, but apparently they're very rare so I might never find it :P I'll most likely end up GTS-surfing for Rankurusu or trading with my friend, because I think they're exclusive to White?

503.png
635.png
586.png
596.png
Spr_5b_637.png
614.png

Version exclusivity permitting, and I might be forced to get a shibirudon because those things are the shit. Though since Gen V has way too many awesome Pokémon so I may be forced to have a huge team kept in the PC and used in rotation.
Also I want a Zoroark and Victini tremendously but they're fucking event Pokémon

GUYS HOW DO YOU DO THIS?!

I'm going to have at least thirteen underleveled pokemon and I still haven't decided between Snivy and Oshawott and aaaaah. >:(

I do know I want a Lillipup and a Oshawott and a Snivy and a Choroneko thing and an erufuun and a tabunne and bachuru and a Lilligant and a doryuzuu and if I have to choose a Panpour and... everything. D:

Guys, the new EXP formula makes it really easy to have a huge team for extended lengths of time. I had between 6 and 12 pokémon that I used regularly up until I got the E4 and I had no problems. Don't worry about it.

re: emonga; I've spent at least five hours looking for one and I've got most of the kinks worked out in my strategy. Either get the trade one or don't bother.

...wait, Emonga is hard to find? o.o Huh. Guess I just got lucky?

EMONGA IS AWESOME YOU GUYS. It spent most of my playthrough being a bit higher-leveled than the rest of my team just because it kept beating everything that slaughtered all my other Pokémon. It's becoming somewhat less so now (post-Elite Four) when other things are actually getting powerful moves and the Pokémon I'm facing are ridiculously over-leveled, but.

...wait, Emonga is hard to find? o.o Huh. Guess I just got lucky?
Yep. I've found a metric fuckton of tabunne and I've found at least three of all of the monkeys and I've found wild metagross and I have never seen an emonga.

Huh. I have an Emonga, but I have never seen any of the elemental monkeys in the wild, ever.

Were you looking inside Yaguruma Forest or that other one? They're also shaking grass encounters and they're only inside forests proper, but they're there. I think I found one monkey for every three tabunne or so. No doredia or kenhorou or emonga, though.

Emonga and all three monkeys each have a 10% chance of appearing in shaky grass in the Lost Forest.

Being new, I cant rememver how to do the sprite thing without just copy and paste'n.

Love the look of
Shandera, Gigaiasu, Nattorei, and Daikenki

always played the game campain with just 4 pokemon so that the other 2 spaces can be slaves and they can hog the xp better than 6 pokemon meaning a faster trip through the campain and more time for other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom