• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Planned Teams for Black and White?

Updating because I like a few more mons now.

Spr_5b_503.png

Spr_5b_528.png
Or
579.png
, depending on which version I get (probably the one with Erufunn in it)
Spr_5b_560.png

547.png

Spr_5b_553.png
Or
Spr_5b_555.png

And a flyer and hm slave if there is room.

Of course, knowing me, I will just get the most common things and use them.

Last edited:
It's Black exclusive. Churine/Doredia is its White counterpart.
o.o I know churine's its White counterpart. There is an in-game trade for churine/monmen very close to where you catch one. If you morally object to traded pokémon, you can walk back to the breeding center in short order and get monmen eggs. Can we please stop spreading misinformation as for erufuun being in both games now?

I assume you're using Serebii as your source for info? http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/trade.shtml

(Don't rely on Serebii to be right about, well, anything, really. :( )

Nope, I know that. As I linked, I use Bulbapedia. (Though it's often incomplete, it at least has most of the information correct somewhere - for example, after you posted that it's tradeable, I did some digging and BP does list it on the "List of in-game trades" article... but not on either Pokemon's article, and both Pokemon are listed as version-exclusive. Facepalm.)

Pokédex Scan in progress...

15% complete...

Beginning General Analysis...

Okay. So, I just decided to go through the Pokédex a little. Overall, up to the pidove line things aren't looking too amazing. This is probably because...well, they're those Route 1 pokémon, knowhatimean? Anyway, of the starters I've found Emboar to be statistically superior, though Oshawatt is probably a game-breaker early-on with Shell Blade. Out of the elemental monkeys, the water ones seem the best—again, statistically and moveset-wise. The puppies are decent; I can see them powerhousing, but...I'm probably not gonna go for much of the early-game stuff. I figure the next 15% of this pokédex will be more interesting and they will be stronger.

Statistically, I'm surprised the starters don't seem to stand out as much to me. They did in other generations, but this gen I'm just feeling, like, 'meh'. Maybe it's because their base stat totals are around 100.

General Analysis Complete...

Recording Note...:
all of these are my own opinions. Also, I didn't check the TM moves. That would probably make a difference.

Assignment complete. Entering Sleep Mode.

As subject to change as my teams usually are, I think I've settled on most of them:

503.png
553.png
555-normal.png
561.png
596.png

I'm probably going to have either a Kojondo or a Sazandora in the last slot. Both of them are available late in the game and would have a lot of catching up to do even with the new EXP system, but they're some of my favorite designs this generation, which has to count for something. :3

EXP gained goes up as your level in comparison to your opponents' goes down. ... Unfortunately, it also goes down as your level goes up. So it's really easy to gain levels until you're, say, three levels higher than them, and then the scaling is punching you in the face.

Note that the formulae for EXP earned are completely different now, though I'm not sure how. Often you get similar amounts of EXP when compared to how much you used to. ... Often you don't.

And by EXP scales with level, I mean that if my level 73 shandera and a level 1 pokémon split EXP from a certain wild encounter evenly, the newly hatched thing gets around 2500 exp. Hikaru gets around 80 exp. It's usually not quite that dramatic, but it's still very noticeable. I have literally gotten a newly-hatched darumakka to level 50 in under fifteen minutes.

Self-destruct and explosion no longer halve defense.

I just realized how much I love Kumasyun and Tsunbear.

I need to find a place for them on my team.

Back
Top Bottom