• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Planned Teams For SS/HG?

Feraligatr, Vaporeon, Red Gyarados, Furret, Ho-oh, and Togetic...probably. Why? This is what my team would look like 10 years ago when I didn't give a hoot about type coverage. But, knowing me, it'll end up being different to account for types anyways, so I'll make a more realistic team:

Feraligatr, Togetic/Gyarados, Ariados, Dragonite, Ho-oh, and Gligar. I'll also evolve the Gligar as soon as I can, have a few pokemon to swap out when a certain battle is coming out, and possibly a hm slave. I also want to get a Charizard when possible.

If I ever get the game (my ds is broken, and I am out of money) it will have an aipom and slowking/bro in it at least. Then I'll have either croconaw <3 or typhlosion. The other three pokemon? If I feel patient enough, I'll bring back "Kill" the raticate that I always have on my gold/silver roms...ampharos and some other pokemon to fill the gap. =] Or I'll just improvise the whole team. Either way~

Hmmm....
gbs160.gif
gbs229.gif
#
gbs182.gif
gbs178.gif
gbs197.gif

Yay for Silver sprites!
I wonder if they'll remake Crystal....

Bellossom (I loved Sun Stones. <3)
Politoed (An Ice Punch in Stadium 2 from a Politoed is something I'll never, ever forget.)
Tyranitar (I never got around to actually training one when I had Silver. T-T Though, I would probably keep it as a Larvitar as long as I could.)
Milktank (Whitney's was the s-h-i-t. *John Cusack goes: "That would be me, the shit."*)
Teddiursa (Cute as a button. Ursaring might come later. >.>)
Bayleaf (I've always liked them better then Meganium.)

Meganium, Ampharos/Raikou (depends on if I can catch it), and Quagsire are definate. Other Pokemon I'd like to train would be Jynx/Venomoth/Butterfree, Granbull/Miltank, and a flying type hm user.

Honestly, I'm only planning to get a Totodile, name it Mr/Ms. Crocodile(or Mr/Ms.Croc for short) because I'm reading the One Piece manga, and then get whatever Pokemon comes first that I encounter in the wild. I'll probably work it out from there.

For Wi-Fi, I plan on using my regular team of (ignore my sig) Infernape, Scizor, Gyarados, Gengar, Swampert, and Hippowdon.

In game, my team will consist of Typhlosion, the shiny Pikachu-colored Pichu (because I can), the Notched Ear Pichu (because I can), Heracross, Houndoom, and Steelix.

I hadn't really thought about a team until recently. What game it is on depends on version exclusives and such. And I will be unhappy if they divide up my team among two games

Arcanine- I love Arcanine and I like what DP has given it. I can't wait to use one ingame.
Persian- I recently became obsessed the Meowth family so I'm hoping it will pull through.
Ampharos- For the nostalgia. I had one on my old Silver game. It was awesome.
Slowbro- I've always liked Slowbro. And it covers two important types.
Meganium Since I'm using Slowbro and Arcanine, this is the reasonable starter to choose. And I like a challenge.

And that's all I have. I don't know who to use for a sixth spot. I'm tempted to use Milktank but I kind of don't want to use two normal types. It might be like Diamond (and Platinum so far) where I only use five Pokemon and save the sixth slot for a HM slave. I'm also thinking of testing my team on Crystal just for the heck of it.

Last edited:
Let's see...I have to admit I HATE planning teams -.-;

-Typhlosion - BEST. STARTER. EVER.
-Dunsparce - Always wanted to try this guy out. Paraflinch hax FTW.
-Magneton/Magnezone - I don't like Ampharos. Hopefully there's a way to evolve Magneton without Mt. Coronet.
-Venomoth - Always wanted to use one. Plus he's one bad-ass Bug type.
-Quagsire - I am SO going to nickname this guy Giggity.
-Murkrow/Honchkrow/Xatu - Haven't decided. Hopefully they'll make a minor change and let Murkrow be found in Johto this time around. If not, Xatu.

You know, I may start a new game on Crystal and take these guys for a test run.

Last edited:
Typhlosion and probably Houndoom. Not sure about everyone else.

Chances are I'll trade Torterra, Blaziken, Blastoise and Luxray into the game (Blaziken itself from Ruby and Blastoise from FireRed.)

Either I bring back my old Crystal team:

hgss1.png

Or I start anew with this one:

hgss2.png

Nope, no starter on the second one. What's wrong with that? Either way, I'm really looking forward to putting them in action.

Typhlosion - Need I say more? Fire types for the win.
Noctowl - I always have the early bird Pokemon in my team.
Politoed - For the nostalgia. It was one of my most valued members of my team in my Crystal.
Victreebel - Always get one whenever it's available. Yay for sleep powder.
Octillery - What? I just like it.

Post game Pokemon
Tyranitar - Moar nostalgia please.
Suicune - My second favourite Pokemon
Umbreon - I never really knew how to use this bugger, so I'm itching to try'em out.

Chances are I'll also catch random Pokemon I like along the way and switch my party depending on the gym I'll be facing.

Well, I've planned these teams with my friend Britt before they announced HGSS (I expected it, but was also prepared for a letdown). And thanks to some pre preparation on my DPPt, here are the teams I prepared. (Alot of these are assuming some of the pokemon locations in HGSS haven't changed).

SoulSilver being my main game would consist of this team, where I tried keeping a Johto feel/theme to it. (Exception being the Gardevoir)
soulsilverteam.png

Since I plan to also own HeartGold for obvious reasons, here is the Team I would make for HG, notice its a bit heavier:
heartgoldteam.png

And in the unexpected (and unlikely) event of a 3rd game or Crystal remake, I prepared a 3rd game team consisting of Pokemon I've never considered training before (Which I tend to do with 3rd games)
3rdgameteam.png

Well, I've pretty much upgraded my idea. I'm sure I'll be using a Typhlosion, and then I'll also use Girafarig, Ampharos, an Eeveelution, Gyarados for at least a while, or perhaps mostly for the Frontier, to be replaced at least quite often by another Water-type, and a Flying-type - possibly Noctowl but actually I think I'd rather use... something else. I'm not sure what, but something else. Unfortunately this doesn't leave room for a Pokémon I really like and have never yet had in a main party such as Rhydon, but I'll switch things around a bit if necessary. I also really like Donphan, but oh well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom