• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Platinum Discussion

So, the other day, as Serebii said:

a few days ago a small trailer, shown at kiosks in theatres where the 11th movie showed in Japan, featuring Platinum was posted around the web. I don't normally cover stuff like that, but it does have some minor tidbits that we did not already know including; new gym looks, further animated sprites and seeing your character utilise a flashlight. Just minor stuff really.

What exactly does he mean by "further animated sprites"? Are the animations better now or something? I heard something about back sprites being animated now. Are trainer sprites animated? Because that'd be pretty awesome. :0

Anyway, anyone have a link to this video? D:

With Crystal coming in at 2nd, Yellow in 3rd, and Emerald boasting the Wooden Spoon award for mehness. Thank you all for coming to the Murkrowawards!

I thought Emerald was great. D: Although Crystal was great too. Yellow was okay, I guess.

'Spaekle' is fine, btw. :]

I'd already played R/S when I got Emerald, and I didn't really care all that much with the different outfit (I think) and new Pokemon. Yellow got above Emerald because of the Pikachu factor.

On that video, did anyone else notice that when the player battles Dawn, the HP bar is like when the player battles Giratina (Origin Forme)? It's all...different colored.

Pikachu waves at you, and Gardenia does a little dance-thing. Please tell me the other animations are better. ;-;

Ooh, looks cool. Definitely preordering this one and making it my main game. :D

I'm really excited about the Torn World.

Oh my gosh, ANIMATED TRAINER SPRITES??? :D AND DID YOU SEE GARDENIA'S NEW GYM LAYOUT? MOVING BACK POKEMON SPRITES TOO??

LOVE!!!

AND A FLASHLIGHT TOO!

I mean the other stuff is great and all but the flashlight, I mean, I guess you could use it to SEE DARK AREAS. Because we all know how badly we need that.

Okay, I'll admit I'm not one for flashy effects and animations.

pokemon-platinum-screenshot.jpg

This screen shot looks pretty cool, it looks like Giratina may open the portal to the Torn World, you can see Dialga and Palkia in the background. It looks pretty cool.

^

You repeated yourself, twice. And it's not like anyone hasn't seen that picture before.

It's not like I disagree with your post, it just feels...

Unnecessary.

WE MIGHT NOT NEED THE USELESS FLASH TM ANYMORE!!! (Does a little dance)

You know, if they really want to ease our dependency on Pokemon moves in the overworld, they could have given us a chainsaw or a surfboard. Because if I recall correctly I think flash isn't used more than 2 times in-game

Back
Top Bottom