• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon emerald randomiser nuzlocke!

Noctowl

Everyone call me elf monster.
Oh yeah. Because why not?

Rules:
.One Pokemon per route. No ifs or buts. (This is gonna be the death of me I know it)

.If a Pokemon faints, it is dead.
-Considering that Emerald is quite a grindy game, and I hate grinding as it is, I am going to make it so non legendary wild battles do not cause death.

.Shinys may be caught but not used.

.No items may be used, apart from TMs. All items will be sold.

Now, let me begin.

2.png

Hi random stranger!
3.png

Yayyy!
4.png

Why would you need to know that, anyway? It doesn't affect you...unless...
5.png

Anyway the name is Noctowl so I am a Pokemon somehow so whatever.
6.png

7.png

I'd like to point out how horrible this mother is. She names her daughter after a Pokemon and then stuffs her in a moving truck when it is moving day. I don't get to sit in the car, or plane, or boat, no. I get to stay in a little truck filled with boxes. Some mother.
9.png

Eh... *looks outside to see it pitch plack* maybe.
10.png

That poor kid in the background never gets mentioned. :( I guess he/she is the unfavoured child.
11.png

I try to get my first Pokemon in this woman's house.
12.png

But I fail. D:
Then the guy talks about helping his dad, then goes on the laptop.
Yep.
15.png

Turns out his dad was in trouble, and we need to save him! Oh noes!
18.png
19-1.png
20.png

Oh, the choices! What should I choose? And what shall it be called?

I don't know... Piloswine will help you immensely in the early stages, but it's potentially the weaker of the three. Teddiursa is cool, but at the beginning it's the weakest. And Kadabra... Does he even learn something before L16?

I would pick Teddiursa, but of course you'll pick something completely different. :D

So as long as you avoid Poochyenas you should be fine.

Were the starters random as well? It would be really crazy to play with random codes then.

I don't like Random Nuzlockes because sometimes the player gets a really strong Pokémon very early which defeats the point. I've seen a Soul Silver Nuzlocke in which the guy got a Drapion with Battle Armor and Acupressure before the 3rd gym, result was he owned Whitney and Morty and it wasn't really fun to watch, also the Drapion would never die because Battle Armor blocks crits. :(

But anyway, this is your game and you should do whatever you have the most fun with. And I'll follow!

I'd go for piloswine! It'll help you out okay, but then I think once you get to Brawly it'll even out a bit.

Well, I don't think I have used a Pilloswine before. I'll give her a go.
2-1.png

Wow, look at those moves. I think I made the right choice.
3-1.png

It died in one hit. I love this Pokemon.
4-1.png

I seriously wonder why this guy struggled against thie Zigzagoon. A kick in the nuts would have probably sorted it.
6-1.png

7-1.png

Anyway, I got this Pokemon. Also I couldn't really think of a nickname so it is now called Carpet. I don't know.
8-1.png
(Route 101)
And on my way to Brendan, I find myself. D: Wish I had Pokeballs.
9-1.png
(route 103)
I really wish I had Pokeballs.
10-1.png

11-1.png

And after that I fight Brendan. He has a torchic so at least I am at some form of disadvantage.
12-1.png

He actually took a while to die. How annoying.
13-1.png

14-1.png

Yay!
15-1.png

Pokeball get!
16-1.png

And the running shoes but who needs them when you have the spacebar, right?
17-1.png
(Route 102)
And the next route gives me this beauty. Roxanne is going to be so easy.
19-2.png

Puff is such a fun name. Puff puff puff.
20-1.png

Look at that moveset. I am in love.

I'm gonna go do some more now. Any suggestions for nicknames or anything? XD

1-4.png

2-2.png

3-2.png

4-2.png

Just might as well show the first battle because its the first battle. I will only record battles that are entertaining/cause deaths from now on.
5-2.png

Now, to buy some Pokeballs. I am not buying healing items as they are not allowed, you see. But Pokeballs are fine. (they'd have to be, I ran out of Pokeballs trying to catch Puff)
6-2.png

*squeaks happily* I love premier balls.
7-2.png

Anyway, there is a gym here so its time to fight the good fight!
8-2.png

Apparently this guy is my dad. I don't get it.
9-2.png

10-2.png

That always sounds so condensing in my head. :/
11-2.png

Yeah. ^^
13-2.png

Then this dude ruins the moment by barging in and asking for a Pokemon. Pokemon need to be earned, boy.
14-2.png

Oh bloody hell.
15-2.png

16-2.png

The one Pokemon he gets can't attack him anyway. That'll hinder him if he ever decides to become a trainer.
19-3.png

Then my 'dad' tells me to fight gyms. Yeah, whatever. I'll do it at some point.
24.png

25.png

So, you are saying Pokemon trainers have no sense of cleanliness? That's kinda harsh...
28.png

Fuck off.
29.png
(route 104)
Squee I love this Pokemon its amazing I want it I love it I...
30.png

*sigh*
31.png

32.png

Magikarp sure is tough. That was an intense battle and I nearly lost all of my Pokemon!
Anyway, I walk into Petalburg forest...and what do I see?
33.png

34.png

*sigh*
35.png

It learned self destruct at level 7...I think. Hm.

I will be going out now, so I'll update later. :D

Whoa, cool MEGANIUM AND PILOSWINE <3
Also, randomiser nuzlockes are always cool. Stalking!

2-3.png

3-3.png

Nope, I have seen Pineco, Charmeleon and Azuril but no Shroomish. You sure they live here?
A wild pirate appears!
4-3.png

5-3.png

6-3.png

Wimpy man used hide!
7-3.png

It's not very effective...
9-3.png

So yeah, I end up beating this...grunt. What is a grunt anyway, a type of pig?
10-3.png

11-3.png

This Poochyena was easy anyway.
12-3.png

And the wimpy man gives me a ball as thanks for saving his skin. You know, I think I will give him a name. Uh...how about Bob?
Anyway, I leave the forest and enter Rustboro.
13-3.png

14-3.png

Uh...and find a creepy man who teaches me how to cut...yeah...no.
15-3.png

Now for the gym.
16-3.png

First of all, may I add that if you need room to rampage, you might want to go outside. You'll destroy the gym otherwise. Second, rock types suck.
17-3.png

18-3.png

19-4.png

20-3.png

Ah, a newbie leader...let's destroy her.
22-1.png

Bang
23-1.png

Bang
24-1.png

Oh for goodness sake.
25-1.png

This is cheating...I'm not allowed to use potions. :(
27-1.png

26-1.png

Do do do!

Next time, on the Pokemon Emerald Nuzlocke!
1-6.png

2-4.png

Bob fucks up again! Oh dear!
And someone might die! (but hopefully not).

Team:
Puff L14 (m) Meganium
Carpet L9 (m) Piloswine
Boom L12 (m) Pinceo

My team is a sausage fest. Need some girls in here.

Died:
None

Routes done:
Petalburg forest.

So basically any one of the non-legendary pokemon are capable of appearing on any given route?

I think legendaries are available too, I have seen them on other randomisers. But I'd rather not have them. :3

Also, sorry for the lack of an update. I've been ill and today I have to drop off my little brother at school in an hour or so. XD

I'll do some later today if I feel any less tired than I do now.

This is gonna be a short one. Really sorry, but I am still feeling ill, and the emulator hurts my fingers after a while.
Anyway, onwards!
1-7.png

2-5.png

3-4.png

Yep, so Bob gets this thing stolen and I am the only one who can get it. Amazing. You know, this is such a stupid thing. I hope the whole company isn't like this.
4-4.png

5-4.png

I love how they call him stupid. Not to his face, mind.
6-4.png

Ooo, a Blissy.
8-4.png

I seem to have Bob on the mind. Yes, I'm keeping the name.
9-4.png

Sexy. <3
Anyway.
10-4.png

11-4.png

12-4.png

13-4.png

I find an old man screaming by a cave. Usual stuff.
14-4.png

And in this cave I find the best Pokemon ever squee!
15-4.png

Not good for the next battle though.
16-4.png

Come at me bro.
17-4.png

18-4.png

19-5.png

He was so easy it wasn't even funny. That Pokemon by him could have kicked his ass.
20-4.png

Devon goods get!
21-2.png

And that Pokemon belongs to the screaming old man. Cool beans.
Apparently he owes me his life or something.
22-2.png

Yeah, I got your silly goods.
26-2.png

He then teleports me here, has the nerve to ask me to deliver these goods for him, and then I get another errand.
28-1.png

Who am I, a post man... Woman...Owl?
29-1.png

30-1.png

Yay foreshadowing!
A guy gives me an upgrade for this new Pokenav I got as a bribe. Now he is telling me to use it.
31-1.png

DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO.
32-1.png

This guy said his Pokedex rules. He must have a full team this battle is gonna be epic...
33-1.png

What.
34-1.png

Oh yeah we are doing so well.
SHIT SHIT SHIT Bob is struggling against Torchic and nothing else can take a hit...what do?
Maybe Boom can explodify or something...
35-1.png

;__;
36.png

That damage was from one ember btw. If I had been fully paralyzed...
37.png

Boom lies cold in his grave. Bye bye boom, I loved you.
*looks at ability*
If it was B/W, he would have lived a little longer. ;__;

Team:
Puff L14 (m) Meganium
Carpet L15 (m) Piloswine
Bob L7 (f) Blissy
Betty L7 (f) Dustox

Died:
Boom (m) Pineco

Routes done:
Petalburg forest
Rusturf tunnel

BOOM ;.;
Anyway, Blissey! Tankishness is awesome. And fully evolved 'mons are always cool in the early routes.

BOOM! WHY?!?! ;_;
Yes I have been stalking this without posting. (Also, this is the first Randomlocke I have seen since finding out what one was. Feel like a boss people)

If you guys like this, you should try Random Red/Blue, which goes even crazier; it also randomizes movesets, typings, and changes some Gen 1 moves into moves from later generations too. This, along with what I assume is the program for this Random Emerald, can be found here. http://artemis251.fobby.net/downloads/

I'm a big fan of this guy's work, I did a video LP of Random Emerald, too. Not a nuzlocke, but... I still did it. Done did it and am proud.

Not to take away attention from you. Good luck your efforts! And don't forget to kill Blissey for major EXP~

Aha, thank you. The blissy helped with grinding considerably during this part.
Anyway, I am sorry for the lack of updates. I have been busy with pokemon conquest life and stuff. DX

1-8.png

Before I ran away crying, Brendan told me the crazy old man was a sailor. Takes all sorts, I suppose.
2-6.png

I wish I could animate this. I really do. This is seriously the oddest part of the game. Is he playing chase with Peeko?
3-5.png

4-5.png

5-5.png

So he offers to take me to the island I need to go to.
8-5.png

Woot. And apparently there is a gym there. Cool beans.
9-5.png

And a guy who needs the toilet.
Speaking of fishing, I think I should give it a try. So I nab an old rod and get to fishing.
10-5.png

WHAT COULD IT BE?

11-5.png

Wow.
That is one big fish.
12-5.png

13-5.png

I keep naming the Abra family Abby, so I went for something else. I don't know.
14-5.png

That man over there told me I need flash to continue, and that the guy who I need to give the letter to is in there. How convient.
15-5.png

I find a Solrock there, which is quite cool. But what to name it...
Uh...
Um...
Ah...
16-5.png

Yes.
Anyway, I now have to grind these babies.
Brb.
*later*
17-5.png

Now for the gym.
18-5.png

The lights seem to have gone in this gym. Honestly.
19-6.png

Oh, is that the gimmick? Really? How do they know that you are the person who beat everyone? How do the lights get slightly less dim? Is there a dimmer switch?
20-5.png

I NEED AN ADULT!
21-3.png

Ok, this one will do, I suppose.
22-3.png

So you are the stupid guy playing with the dimmer switch. Cut that out, will you?
23-3.png

24-3.png

25-3.png

Blah blah blah battle time
26-3.png

Why did I not get his picture? ><;
27-3.png

Yeah, you can tell how this match is going to go.
28-2.png

29-2.png

Why do I not have a picture of this thing dying? Uh, it took a while as it kept doing light screen and bulk up. But it kept trying to do focus punch, which is pretty over powered at this stage. But thankfully my strategy is to attack.
31-2.png

30-2.png

Oh Arceus...that was one low kick.
32-2.png

33-2.png

34-2.png

Yay! I won!

Team:
Puff L15 (m) Meganium
Carpet L18 (m) Piloswine
Bob L15 (f) Blissy
Betty L16 (f) Dustox