• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon fansite copyright infringement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serebii said in his Black and White discovery thread that the lawyer said that he would be able to post pictures again in a few days, but not a lot.

Personally, I don't really mind not seeing screenshots. It is only screenshots that they aren't allowing, after all. It's kept some of the areas interesting and stuff as I play through the game.

PokéBeach's thing amused me and I didn't think of it as particularly whiny, to be honest. :/ I find the copyright claim ridiculous and criticize it even though I didn't have to take anything down and am not personally hindered by it; why can't he think the same on the same terms? Am I missing some whiny bitchiness that's not the stuff he posted on the front page?

AND

I actually think that on top of this, the image macro of the soup Nazi on Reshiram's head is beyond hilarious.

TWO PEOPLE THAT AGREE WITH ME. Thanks to you both, I don't feel so alone in my thoughts.

Another Pokebeach-copy idea: put Pokemon in spoiler/censor tags. And yes, I'll probably turn this into some sort of joke. My feeble attempt to lighten things up.

There's still a place with the info up but since it's pretty quiet, it hasn't been noticed. Nintendo's going after the larger, more well known sites.

And on that note, all the soundtrack pieces have been taken down from Youtube.

Yeah; read the forum discussion on the bulbanews article about the takedown request.
Oh.

Yeah, whiny bitching. I take that back. Though that's more his reaction to the Bulbanews article than to the copyright claim itself.

Last edited:
I'm going to be a chicken, per se, and say that we'll just have to sit it out. it's not like they'll censor the sprites in-game.

Oh.

Yeah, whiny bitching. I take that back. Though that's more his reaction to the Bulbanews article than to the copyright claim itself.

I actually think that, unlike Nintendo, WPM had a right to flip out. You may say he was being a hypocrite by telling Archaic "STFU get off the internet," and I did at first too, but this morning I read his newest article (I know procrastinate much.) You can see how incredibly exasperated he is by taking down the screencaps. Nintendo's basically shut down his fansite, but not Bulbapedia. They get to get all the attention now that they still have pics. So what does this guy do? He SLANDERS WaterPokemonMaster and says that he's doing it as a publicity stunt! And he gets hundreds of thousands of followers who will probably never go to Pokebeach again because of his article. That's worth flipping out over IMO, especially judging by WPM saying he's done this repeatedly in the past.

Nintendo's basically shut down his fansite, but not Bulbapedia. They get to get all the attention now that they still have pics.
Serebii is doing an excellent job with their Black and White coverage and they don't have any pictures. I don't see why Pokebeach can't do the same.

And the latest post that he did was him essentially trying to cover his ass. Personally, I'm not going to his site because while he's bitching about the whole thing, Serebii is actually having decent coverage. Serebii was mature about it and even found out that they can post pictures again in a while. WPM has a right to be frustrated, but what he did was completely immature.

Pokebeach has crossed the "I'm overreacting" line.
Serebii's never been "OMG New Pokemon!!1!1!". Thanks For keeping your cool and not Pokebeach-ing the situation.

[gigantic defense of WPM]

WPM said:
I think you should just leave the news stories to people like RexRacer and TTE. Every time you get involved you do something idiotic. :/

...and this doesn't count as slander? Bulbapedia's a reliable source for news, and this is, to quote Butterfree and probably others, whiny bitching.

You know, WPM's just making a big mess out of this. Serebii's doing perfectly fine without pictures - hell, I can get a good feel of the game just through Blaziking's descriptions in TCoD's official thread! - and it's not like pictures are absolutely necessary.

Pwnemon said:
I actually think that, unlike Nintendo, WPM had a right to flip out. You may say he was being a hypocrite by telling Archaic "STFU get off the internet," and I did at first too, but this morning I read his newest article (I know procrastinate much.) You can see how incredibly exasperated he is by taking down the screencaps. Nintendo's basically shut down his fansite, but not Bulbapedia. They get to get all the attention now that they still have pics. So what does this guy do? He SLANDERS WaterPokemonMaster and says that he's doing it as a publicity stunt! And he gets hundreds of thousands of followers who will probably never go to Pokebeach again because of his article. That's worth flipping out over IMO, especially judging by WPM saying he's done this repeatedly in the past.

this is ridiculous: nobody goes to bulbapedia for news because it is fantastically slow. if serebii can still manage to get news without being a whiny brat about it, I think people are going to go there because it's always been the fastest news source.

How have they shut down his site? he's still got all the TCG scans and info up there, which is probably one of the few things Pokebeach has that many other pokemon sites don't.

and uh, poor baby for having to take down pictures and being exasperated about it? who cares? serebii didn't kick up a fuss.

Today is probably the first time Serebii's really brought it up again. My only problem (or for pun's sake, my only Isshu (I can't help it, it too tempting) ) is that i'm don't remember what the sprites look like (ie: What does Doryuuzu look like again?), but there's a site for that. Psypokes.com is that site, though lately it's been slow.

Kam said:
...wait, Serebii has emotions?

I'm of the understanding that the webmaster of Serebii also calls himself Serebii. but maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

Veekun's had sprites in its Pokedex even while all of this stuff was just beginning to go on, so I don't really see what's so superspecial about that. :u I thought it was just the screenshots they had to take down anyway...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom