• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon MMO?

Why has nobody mentioned the fact that a handheld MMO would kind of suck by definition? Handheld systems are made to be small and portable so that you can easily take them with you to places. MMOs by definition cannot be played without Internet access. The two are in principle unable to mix well. If I need to be in my room where I have Internet to play a game, I sure as hell don't want it on a limited system like the DS. The only reason to put a game on a handheld system is for it to be portable, and since MMOs are by definition not portable, it could never work.

This is exactly why Ragnarok Online DS sucked so much more than the actual game.

Unfortunately, from what I know, Word of God states that there will not be one. It's a shame, though: Pokemon and MMOs seem to fit together seamlessly. Maybe it's because people would act like douches in the MMO, I dunno. If you don't know what I mean, try out a popular MMO some time.

I'd just like to say that I find the concept of "Arceus is the God" ridiculous. Why do we trust pokedex, who says that a larvitar has to eat a whole mountain to evolve? I believe the pokedex is a collection of myths, rumours and other interesting tidbits which MAY contain some truth.
I say the dex-entries about Arceus are just religious myth when they saw a humongous pokemon who seemed to have control over the space and time making pokemon. (And how could Arceus create the universe, if Palkia created space and Dialga created time? There isn't much left for Arceus to make, as Groudon and kyogre created the earth and water. [I don't know if there are other pokemon who created the other planets, or are G and K just universal species of earth/water creation.])

Now, a pokemon MMO. Sapphiron already said that it won't be created... But I would still love one, and thought out a simple battle system at my leisure: You find a target wild pokemon, press attack (number key 1) and the pokemon you currently have selected will attack the target. f1-f6 would change the active pokemon, and the numberkeys would be quick commands for moves. The pokemon would dodge and miss automatically. :P
The trainer battles would be like duels: You get a challenge, you either accept it or wont, and then you get, say, five seconds countdown to prepare your pokemon for attacking, and the battle will be carried out as described above.

Technically this actually could work out if you get the formula right.

I mean, skip old regions.

Make an entirely new one. And make it 10000 times bigger too to where you actually have room to do something. Make it only for the Wii whatever you want (a MMO for the DS would suck ass anyways). I mean, there's only room for improvement.

Recent news is saying that Game Freak is hiring... apparently they need a 2D 3D artist. I'm becoming very curious about their intentions with the unannounced Wii game they've talked about.

yeah! A Pokemon MMO would be AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!But, they'd have to do a really good job for it to work.

Back
Top Bottom