• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Pokèmon Mystery Dungeon: The world in Shadow

Re: PMD: The world in Shadow *Position as Darkrai open*

Lachlan woke up inside a cave on his mountain. He looked outside, the rain was letting up. That was good, he didn't like the rain. The rest of his team didn't seem to mind it, but he did. They were probably outside or also within caves. Or maybe just wandering around outside. It didn't matter to Lachlan, as his team wasn't doing anything today. He peered outside as soon as the rain stopped. Nothing suspicious. He then headed outside, and spotted nothing looking around again. He then proceeded to romp around his mountain to look for intruders. That was something he didn't appreciate. He stomped across the mountainside, checking caves...

Oscuridad slowly opened his eyes. He waited for something. He didn't know what, he just knew he was waiting for something. Maybe it was only for the moment to get up, but whatever it was, he was waiting. He thought about what would have to be done today. He didn't remember. "That's what you get for drinking to much Wiki berry wine," he said to himself. He slowly got up and looked outside of the base. It was downpouring. Oscuridad walked to the back of the cave. "X-Ray, get up; I think it's morning."

((Thank you. ^^

Name:
Prefers to be known as "Midnight" and does not reveal her real name.
Pokèmon: Darkrai
Appearance: That of a regular Darkrai, except with a blue collar-thingy. Also has a scar over her right eye from the last battle with Shadow.
Team: Shadow. Thought that was obvious.
Personality: Doesn't really like to fight. She'd rather just sit back in the shadows pulling the strings. She's mean, she laughs at people's pain and absolutely LOVES bloodshed. She will tend to chew out anyone who fails at what duties they're assigned.
Bio: She always hated Arceus and how he had looked down on her for being the Lord of Darkness. She'd had a glimmer of hope when he had selected her to fight Shadow with him, but he'd reprimanded her the whole way.

But he didn't count on one thing.

She liked what she'd seen of Shadow. Midnight, about 1,000 years later, lied and said she was going on a special mission. She never returned, instead continuing to scour the world for Shadow in hopes to join his team.
Other: Knows Dark Void, Nightmare, Dark Pulse, Psychic (can learn via TM) and Dream Eater. No other notes though.

I can has joinings?))

X-Ray suddenly heard something heavy walking above them. He got out of the cave, and started to sneak up the mountainside. The heavy thing he had heard was an Aggron, checking caves on the mountain.
He got back to their caves and started to wake up the team members. They did'nt respond, so he zapped them with a weak lighting bolt.
Then he heard someone talking to him "X-Ray, get up; I think it's morning." it was Oscuridad. "Shhhh, Oscuridad! There's an Aggron outside of the cave, we must wake up everyone!" He did'nt know if it was friendly or not, but he did'nt take any chances.

((EDIT: we all posted at the same time XD and Zora, your accepted.))

Oscuridad watch the scene continue. Everyone was being zapped awake and all were looking wide awake. He couldn't help letting out a small laugh.

Thorn was already awake, of course, as she did not need sleep. She just floated around all night long, and never really got bored, due to her lack of brain. She now continued to do so.

Shadow woke up in his sky high chamber in the clouds.
"What a dark morning...just how I like it." he spoke.
Going out onto his dark cloud he looked down and noticed movement by the mountainside.
Team Light must of took refuge there for the night during my storm. Lets give them a nice little surprise. he thought.
Aiming his mouth at a mountain next to Team Light's cave he fired off a powerful Aeroblast and hid his head so he could still see but not be seen.

Re: PMD: The world in Shadow

A laugh in the dark, somewhere not too near, and not too far away from Shadow's lair. Out of the shadows, a pair of ice-blue eyes glowed, staring at their intended target - Shadow base.

"At last... I'll finally be able to join him and seek revenge on that horrid Arceus for looking down on me, or my name isn't... Midnight!" the shadow laughed. Out of it seemed to rise a fair, wraith-like Pokemon. Slowly stepping forward, the Darkrai Midnight took the first paces towards Shadow's base. The first paces toward revenge.

"Good, you are awake. Do not s..." X-Ray got interupted by a big boom nearby.
"What the?" He ran outside and saw that most of the mountain next to them, where gone.
"Look!" He pointed to the mountain with his tail "That" He said "That could only be done by some pokèmon, and Shadow is one of them!"
He searched and sniffed the sky, hoping that Shadow was'nt there.
"He... I might not see him, but I can feel his presens. Wait, of course I can see him!"
X-Rays eyes began to glow, and he again began to search.
"There!" He pointed at a black cloud.
How would I be able to survive without my X-ray vision?

A bit of shaking along the mountainside began to stir Farran. He slowly yawns and pulls himself to his feet. The large Flygon had been sleeping in a cave, camped near his other teammates. He walks to the entrance of the cave and glanced outside. Noticing the Aggron, he grins, turning back to head back inside. Suddenly, Farran hears a nearby explosion, and an accompanying earthquake follows. The Flygon growls and leaps out of his cave, taking to the air and just barely making it out before the cave before he sees it collapse behind him.

"Well, I better find the others and make sure they're all right."

He starts to fly around the mountainside, looking for the other caves and dens that may have housed Team Misery, as well as examining the impact of the Aeroblast that hit nearby. Nearly the entire mountain above his cave had been blown apart.

"Wow... I was lucky. If that had been just a little lower... Was that Shadow's doing?"

Last edited:

Oscuidad fell to the ground after the blast, and got himself back up again. He looked to the cloud where X-Ray was gesturing to. Sure enough, Lugia's outline could be seen faintly.

Little Luxray. I'm sorry but you can't possibly get an attack to hit me my poor fellow but I can hit you. Shadow thought as he laughed evilly out loud, loud enough for everyone to hear.
"Just in case Luxray isn't the only one around we'll fix that with this." he said charging up a Dragon Pulse and releasing it as it engulfed every bit of land below him with the attack.

Lachlan swayed to the side from the blast. He raised his arms in frustration, "Arghhh!! I just fixed this place up two days ago!", he shouted angrily at the whole world, "Now I have to find a new mountain!". He slid down the pile of dirt, and spotted Farran, the giant Flygon. Lachlan tilted his head upwards and shouted, "Farran! You know what happened here?!"

At that point, he nearly tripped due to a second attack coming in.

Flitting through the plain, her cover being the shadows, Midnight continued to move toward her goal.

"I certainly hope he doesn't hold any grudges..." she muttered, ducking under another shadow as a Pokemon passed by.

"If he does, he'll not only NOT let me have the position, he'll also kill me..." the Pokemon ha passed, and Midnight continued on her way. She just hoped he wouldn't move places while she was still trying to get there.

X-Ray saw Shadow laugh and fire a Dragon Pulse.
"Crap! Everyone, we must flee, even though I don't like it. We cannot defeat nor attack Him at this distance!"
He started to run down the mountainside towards the forest below them.
"Follow! It'll be difficultier for him to find us in the forest!"

The Flygon looks down toward Lachlan, about to reply when he notices a glowing coming from above. "Watch out!" he shouts, diving toward the ground to try to avoid as much of the incoming attack as he can. The Dragon pulse parches his skin and causes him to tumble through the air. Farran lands hard on the ground near his leader, groaning in pain.

(( You saw me laugh? XD ))

"X-Ray you can't hide. I can always see you. I'm Shadow. I'm everywhere. Wherever there is darkness there is me!" he yelled loud enough for everybody to hear.
Finding the forest he fired off rounds of Thunderbolts at the trees causing them to burn and fall.

Lachlan heard the shouts of other Pokemon, the ones who had intruded his mountain without his permission. They would pay now. Lachlan whipped up a sandstorm, and then rushed at the nearest one, a Houndoom, stone in hand, using stone edge. He shouted at the group he saw, "You're not getting away, you mountain wreckers!"

Back
Top Bottom