• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Pokèmon Mystery Dungeon: The world in Shadow

Re: Pokèmon Mystery Dungeon: The world in Shadow

Thorn, of course, had to throw in her two cents. I think Arceus is in a nowhere. The only reason the universe has an end is so that he can have his seclusion. He is the only something that can be in a nothing. You would have to treavel outside the universe to find him, unless you persuaded him to come down to Earth, which is quite difficult. I've only heard of one case, a long, long time ago, when a human played a special flute to appease him and get him down to Earth, just so he could see it up close. He built a statue of it, somewhere in what used to be Eterna City. There's a rumor that he buried the flute deep under it, but many tunnelers have failed to find it. It's the only known way of calling Arceus. Without it, we can't. There's no use in trying to find Arceus. End of discussion. She looked around for someone who wished to challenge her.

((I hope it's okay that I did that and made up that legend and all. If you want, I'll edit))

((Nah, that's okay :D))

X-Ray heard Thorn in his mind. "So you mean we should go to Eterna forest?" He turned to the shiny Beldum. "Outside of the universe... Maybe Giratina or Palkia could travel there? Aren't they kind of Arceus' servants?" He thought a bit.

And even if we find the flute, who can blow it? He repeated the question to his teammates. "None of us can hold it."

Hey, if it's metal, I can hold it, attract it as long as it's close enough, and fling it a good few feet. I would not be able to blow into it, as I need no air, or play the notes, as I have no "fingers," as you appear to call them. I can't even imagine having long sticks protruding from my body with more on the end, thanks. However, it is rumored that the flute is made of azure (isn't that some kind of gem?) and I therefore could do absolutely nothing.

Listening to the discussion about Arceus, Farran suddenly began to laugh, rather loudly and deeply. "Oh that's rich... that's too good... Yes, no question about it. You need me." He looked around for a moment to judge the reaction, but stopped laughing, sounding rather serious. "Listen. I can penetrate into the ground to find that thing, I can blow a flute, and you're never going to even make it to Eterna with only Aerodactyl. You need me much more than I need you." He just grins. "You can beg, plead, and bribe me to cooperate... or you can just kill me now and let Shadow rule the world... your choice."

We don't need you said Thorn suddenly, in a quiet telepathic "voice." It would help to have you, but we don't need you.

X-Ray looked at Farran. "And how, I ask, how, are we going to persuade you to help us?" Then turned to Thorn. "Correct."

Farran glanced around with his eyes, though didn't actually move his head much. "Tell you what, one thing that would be very simple..." He paused for a slight moment, turning his head toward a certain object, before continuing. "Let me eat that Rattata over there. It's not part of your group, and I haven't eaten anything in almost two weeks. Give it to me, and I'll help you get to Eterna and summon Arceus."

Ordalla growl-hissed agian, not trusting the Flygon. She wanted to do away with Farran right now, but she didn't want Shadow to take over.
She stood up now, and glared at him.
"You heard Thorn. We don't need you." She said.
When Farran mentioned that he'd help if he ate the Rattata, Ordalla felt like she was going to rip the Flygon's throat out.
"We wouldn't do such a thing!" She roared. "Right, X-Ray?" She looked to her teammate.

Last edited:

The thing is, you would probably just persuade Arceus to help you take over the world, and chaos would ensume. Why would we take you there, since you would only take it to your advantage? Thorn asked.

Farran just smirked. "I was content for longer than most of you have even lived, with just my own little corner of the world. That's all I really need back, not the whole world. But if that's the way you feel, I suppose I'll just take my leave..." He blew a flamethrower across the ropes binding him, waiting for them to weaken from the fire, then broke many of the bonds, finally sitting up.

Eevee: "We'll never let you have Panic!" Coraline growled at the tied up Flygon, then turned to X-Ray "Right, X-Ray?" She said in a nervous tone. The Rattata whimpered in fear.

---

"How can we trust you?" X-Ray growled, ignoring Ordalla and Coraline. "How can we know that you are going to hold your promise?" He stared at Farran, who had just flamethrowered the ropes binding him. X-Ray's fur started to spark.

((Eevee, if your still here. I don't know when you are going to leave, so I just controlled Coraline now, kay? And to the other people: Eevee is going on a vacation or something so I control her char now. She'll return 15th August.))

Ordalla's matural instict came and she stood in front of Panic protectively. She snarled viciously at Farran.

The Flygon calmly replies, looking toward X-ray. "The truth is, you probably can't, and I'm not going to force you to. But Shadow did force me from my home too and tried to kill me, and I have my own reasons for joining a resistance team too... We just have different methods." He doesn't make any sudden movements.

"Right." Serena was getting nervous. What if they killed Farran. "But we have to do it quickly. Maybe I can contact my Sandshrew friend. After all, with all the desert Pokemon who aren't on anyone's side, it's easy to make friends and let them do it that way. After all, if we kidnap them and we need their help more than once, they won't do it."

One creature hovered in front of the cavern door. Ariel didn't know where the rest of her teammates were, and really couldn't care less. She placed one burned paw against the stone blocking the entrance to the cave, wondering how thick it was. She was tired and in pain, and had been using her faint attack very often lately, and using it once more to make use of her intangibility to get through would be risky if it was especially dense and thick.

The bloodthirsty meowth started to pace in front of the entrance, refusing to react to the pain in her paws. How to get through and get to her plaything? She'd played long enough, and wanted to end the game now, before he managed to recover. Her tail lashed in frustration; why wouldn't he play like the others had? Why didn't he face her head-on like other houndoom? Why did he run?

Oh dear, said Thorn sharply. It seems that somethings pulling on me from the door. God, it's strong. Could only be metal. She slowly started creeping away from the door, it was obvious that she would've been going a lot faster without the pulling, but it just slammed her into the door, and instead of falling to the ground like the pull of gravity normally called for, she stayed stuck, even though her claws weren't even in it.

Farran turns his head toward the door, seeing the Beldum stuck to it. He shakes his head, sighing and muttering softly, "Pitiful..." The Flygon then turns toward it and wraps his paws around it, pulling hard on the Beldum. After a bit of straining, he manages to get it free, placing it down about 6 feet away, near the others.

But, once again, she flew towards it. Something. Metal. Is. On. The. Other. Side. Of. This. Door, she strained as she struggled to get free again.

"Metal? Got any idea of what metal?" X-Ray looked at Thorn.

Back
Top Bottom