• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Pokèmon Mystery Dungeon: The world in Shadow

Re: Pokèmon Mystery Dungeon: The world in Shadow

Ordalla was now biting Lachlan's arm, and was slashed at with Shadow Claw. It seemed like every attack didn't do any damage at all!
She grew angry and let go of his arm, and flew higher, opening her mouth as a bright light started to form it it. Maybe a Hyper Beam would do damage.
The Aerodactyl wondered if a Hyper Beam could also make the cave actually cave in, and started having second thoughts, even with her anger telling her to fire it right away and do away with the Aggron.

Serena managed to mutter something, but it sounded something like "ommmph".

X-Ray felt being lifted up, and without thinking, he weakly shocked whatever was holding him. He growled lowly and opened his eyes to see Farran.
Great. His tail begin to faintly glow, in an attemp to use Iron Tail, but to no use, the glow dissapeared, and all X-Ray could do was hang there limply.

Lachlan caught his breath for a few seconds, then noted that the Aerodactyl was now apparently charging up for a hyper beam. Since she was so high up in the air, he could do nothing but brace himself. His natural armor could probably shrug it off easily.

Ordalla couldn't stop herself from firing the attack this time, and the beam of light shot out at Lachlan. She knew the cave was shaking from the impact and small rocks fell on her head.

While his focus was on Ordalla, Farran noticed the new Metang charging toward his head. He couldn't move out of the way fast enough, and he realized his best move, Earthquake, could probably bring the whole cave down on top of them. Instead, he let the Metang come... but opened his jaws. As the steel creature brought its arm down at him, Farran turned his snout toward it and caught it in his jaws, crunching down a little on it. With the Metang right where he wanted it, the Flygon followed quickly with a Flamethrower at point blank range.

Lachlan staggered at the impact from the hyper beam, which hit him right on the chest. Small rocks were tumbling down. When it was over, he coughed a few times and was clutching his chest, but he got over it. He waited for his chance to hit back, nobody could fire one off without resting.

(o.O How can you use a Flamethrower if your mouth is closed on my arm? Does it shoot out of your butt or something?)

Oof, telepathized the masculine voice of the other Beldum. I can feel the pain too. Our nervous systems must be connected. We really are a Metang now. He swung his own arm down too.

Ordalla tried keeping herself in the air, but to rest, she had to land. This would be the perfect time for the Aggron to attack, and she braced herself for any impact.

(All right, time for a lesson on Flygon biology:grin:. We Flygons have what's known as a 'crop,' which is an additional predigestive sac that many insects, birds, and reptiles have. In dragons, it becomes the 'flame sac'. Some food will be brought down into the crop, where it is mixed with enzymes and bacteria, etc, which helps to further break down the food before it. One of the major waste products of the bacteria in this case is a particular form of natural gas called 'biogas', containing a high proportion of methane. Then, when a Flygon wishes to use a flamethrower, or dragonbreath, or other breath attack, during exhaling, the crop will open slightly and let some of the biogas out. It then mixes with oxygen and a certain catalyst and combusts. The actual mixing does take some time, which allows the attack normally to happen in the mouth or even outside, rather than scalding the throat, but even if the mouth then is mostly blocked, as long as some air can get out during an exhale, the attack can take place. But a side effect in this case might be, since it's blocking his mouth, that part of his mouth could be burned as well from the attack. Though also Flygon saliva may help with burns... I wouldn't be surprised if that was true.

Okay, lesson over.:sweatdrop: hope that answers your question.)

Farran soon felt the other Beldum piece of the Metang slam him on his forehead, right on both of his antennae. He desperately wanted to roar out, but kept his jaw clenched, gritting his teeth a bit. In an act of rage, the Flygon then swung his head from one side quickly to the other, letting go of the Metang and launching it with speed toward the wall of the cave. He called out to the other Pokemon, sounding annoyed. "Do you want me to bring this whole cave down? I have your leader... Surrender, and maybe we'll let you keep your lives."

You'll take our lives anyway, said Thorn, after she slammed into the cave wall, but got up again (albeit a bit more battered than before). Her own arm swooped in to attempt slamming the Flygon's jaw.

Last edited:

((flygon-fanatic :p))
Ordalla heard Farran's call and turned her head to the Flygon. She looked at X-Ray on his shoulders and sighed, before looking back at the Aggron.
"First, get your buddy to not try and kill me, 'kay?" She asked.

((In his defense, Flygon is pretty cool. :p))

Lachlan was about to smack the Aerodactyl with his tail, but stopped when he heard Farran speak. He responded, "Keep their lives? Full power can't be attained if we jsut spare them like this!", keeping in mind that the great Shadow honestly didn't like them right now.

((i know, i think Flygon are awesome))
Ordalla sighed in relief when the Aggron didn't hit. She silently thanked Farran, even though she didn't want to.

(hmm, didn't I try to throw you, shadow_lugia?)
Farran started to laugh. "There's another full power available... And this one knows how to get to it." The Flygon pointed to X-ray. He then saw the Metang coming back to him, and held X-ray out like a shield. "Shadow does not have to be the only source of power... we do not have to become his subjects!"

Thorn's arm screeched to a halt as X-Ray was used as a sheild. Hmm... she thought. If I'm a Metang... Then I can use Psychic. She focused her mind on Farran, and extended her new power, so he became encased in a blue light. She started to order his mind to let go of X-Ray.

Ordalla smiles when she noticed the Metang encase Farran in a blue light. The Aerodactyl kept her eyes on X-Ray, growing slightly worries for the Luxray.

Lachlan then spots a Metang going for Farran. He whirled around, and his claws glows with shadow energy as he brought them down on the Metang in retaliation.

X-Ray could hear voices, but couldn't do a thing, only but hang limply. Sometimes he felt Farran move. He wanted to do something. Why didn't his team mates run? Save their lives? Escape? If they did listen to Team Misery and surrender, they would die! He wondered what they were going to do...

Farran groaned and roared as he was encased in the blue light. He struggled mentally against the powerful suggestion from the Metang, paws shaking and loosening. In one defiant action, he raised X-ray and slammed him against Thorn as if doing a Stone Edge attack where X-ray was the stone. Then he let go and sat down, body shaking, unable to resist it any longer.

Back
Top Bottom