• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Names?

Um:

King the Lapras- ((A.K.A- King of the Sea- Fuschia City))
Queen the Lapras- Uh-huh.
Ash the Pikachu- Just guess.
Cheetopuff the Raichu- She's orange, and I had a bag of Cheetos. Go figure.
Fatso the Snorlax & Lazy the Snorlax- ^.^
Striker the Staraptor- Not so bad. But Striker's a girl. Cool~
Kagome the Persian- You'll see where I'm going with this.
InuYasha the houndoom- Often used in a Double battle with ^.
SAFMF (Stay Away from me freak!) the Jynx- You know. You ALL know. Immidiatley RELEASED!!!

And more coming later! ^.^

NOT TRUE the Altaria (because I thought Swablu/Altaria were super rare :/ )
NNNNNNNNN the Sceptile (first ever Pokemon in Ruby from when I was 6. Now it's my team leader in Pearl and I can't rename it because it was imported xD)

Jesus the Bibarel. YES (He was a major part of my ingame Pearl team. xD An HM slave...
My friend traded me a Seedot called Acorn?Ya! and it still is.
I named my Pidgeot in Firered Kelani because that's what her cry sounds like. :D
I remember reading somewhere that if you named a Pikachu "Chuchino" or similar, then it would be green. (Red version) So I caught one, but through a typo it was Chuchinno. And it wasn't green. xD
Chukapi, my starter in Yellow, still has an awesome name.
...My friend named her shiny Snover Shinyness. Because it was shiny. Uh.
Similarily, she had a thing for naming her shiny Pokemon after the colors they were. Hence BLUE the electrike and GOLD the Steelix. Also, not evolving her Electrike even though Manetrics are much cooler and shiny black ones are awesome. Um.
It took me until after I had beaten the E4 in Sapphire to realize VOLCANIA, my Blaziken, was a guy.
My starter in the first Crystal version I had (which I lost) was at first CHICKIE the Chikorita, but realizing that wouldn't fit her when she evolved, I changed her name to BAILEY and then MEGAN. Um. I think she might have been a guy too. xD
A Bra the Abra exists.

...I've always wanted to name a Pokemon "foe" or similar. So the game says, "Foe foe used ____!" Or in D/P's case, I'd call it "the foe's." "The foe's the foe's used ____!" Yes.

:sweatdrop:Whew...Lots here...brace yourself...

Back when I first got my Diamond game (my first Pokemon game ever, sigh, memories...), I went through this weird naming spurt in which I named every Pokemon I caught. Here are some of the worse ones...

Rita the Budew- Not that bad, until I noticed that it was a guy. Sheer brilliance.
Diamond the Dialga- Wow. Creative.
Zippo the Buizel- Sounded pretty good to begin with until I realized two things:
1. The name was already taken by a Charmeleon in the
anime.
2. A Zippo is a type of lighter. Tell me exactly what that
has to do with a water-type weasel, again? Guess it's a good
thing I traded it for that Chatot...named Charap. What the...
Roxi the Onix- Oh, gee. It's a Rock-type. Let's name it something blatantly obvious! And then I bred it so...
Rocky the Onix!- ...yeah.
3 the Bidoof- Really. No connection to the number 3 at all, thank you. Not the third Pokemon I caught, wasn't even level three when I got it. I guess I wanted to degrade my HM slave...
Lugia the Togetic- I dunno. It kinda looks like a Lugia if you squint...

Also, in Crystal there was Spooker the Gengar and Flash the Bellsprout(simply so I'd remember which Pokemon knew Flash), and in Emerald there was Tails the Tailow (which evolved into Swellow, I kept the name) and Surf the Azumarill.

A friend of mine named her Dialga Bubble Gum or something like that, and traded me a Chingling named Chigles (No, not Chingles, Chigles).:grin:
Then she moved, so I couldn't tell her!:sad: Maybe she'll read this and laugh...

And, although this has nothing to do with Pokemon nicknames, another friend of mine named her rival in Gold *drumroll please* GAYFER. O.o I one-upped her. You know when the police guy asks you if you caught the guy's name? I said "NO".

NO would like to battle!
NO was defeated!

But seriously, 3 the Bidoof? It's so random, it rocks. ^_^

Let's See...
I had Kinetic the Alakazam (Traded on GTS)
Glump the Muk
Pendur the Hypno
Lightjab the Hitmonchan
Freeze the Articuno
Myth the Dragonite
Zapsoar the Zapdos
Flamesoar the Moltres
Slash the Scizor
Cybernet. the Porygon2 (holding a Dubious Disc, waiting for my brother to trade with me)
PSNSLINGER the Seviper
Lunar the Lunatone
S. Shuppet the shiny Shuppet (I traded it to my friend because I didn't care about shinies at the time, and he evolved it!)
Fear the Absol
Old Man the Relicanth
Vine the Tangela (now a Tangrowth in Pearl)

And then there is my friend's TIMEMASTER the Dialga that he traded me

I recently have started (for some reason) naming my pokemon after a random food and filling in leftover name space with numbers.

For example,

Salt 64329 the Azumarill.
Choux 7956 the Kadabra.

(Choux, if I'm correct, is Cauliflower in french.)

Not sure why i started doing this. :/

Pearly the Blaziken (And I haven't even gotten to JFA or T&T xD)
Mia the Gardevoir
Pocky the Tropius
Ted the Teddiursa
Ema the Minun
Scientific the Natu
DorkyChess the Spinda
C K LY the Baltoy
Aaron the Electrike
Gumshoe the Shroomish
Peter the Wobbuffet
Eediot the Rhyhorn
Kia the Doduo
LeafFart the Oddish
Amy the Castform
Shucks the Shuckle
Koduck the Psyduck
Pearls the Clampearl
Sunny the Sunkern
Mira the Smeargle

"Wow! Mike's TESTICLES came into view!!!"

Hahaha!

Anyway.

... the Shellder.
Red Bull the Tauros.
Matt Stone the Kadabra.
Snoop Dogg the Arcanine.
PinkGuy the Clefairy.
IceIceBaby the Articuno.
SirDigAlot the Diglett.
JackieChan the Hitmonchan.
Whore the Pikachu.
Uglyface the Oddish.
Mr. Quacks the Golduck.
TotalStud the Charmander.
Mr. Michael the Dragonair.

I think it means cabbage.

I used to do that. For a while I named them after drinks too, like Sprite and Coke. Right now I'm naming my party after Dethklok members...XD

Coke? Sprite?!?! I know two dogs named that! I know them from a book XD

Wow...I like all those names. My were really awful:

Dog the male Chikorita (don't ask)
Tubby the Makuhita
Fatso the Haryama(the spelling i bad i know)
Divecramp the Relicanth (so much diving can give you a cramp)
Pika the Pikachu (how unoriginal)
Amanda the MALE Roselia (sad thing.. I knew it was a guy...XO)
Eon the Leafeon
Fruity then FruitFlyer the Tropius(shes awesome!)
Skye the Flygon
Catterfly and Flyby the Caterpie
Natveno the Venonat
Bolga the Snubull
Racoony then Racoona the Linoone
Jet the Rayquaza
Flyer and Flutter the Butterfrees
Ryru, Lioru, Rio,Riiku, Ryko, Greydan, Lula, Lia, and Lulu the Riolus
Neve,Eveon, Vui,Element, Ment, Veon, and Veevee the Eevees ( I breed pokemon)
Turtqua the Lapras

And much, much more..

The only good one I can think of is Uranus the Blastoise on LeafGreen... Still love him. He's in my competitive battling team. My sister has many random ones.

Back
Top Bottom