• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Pokemon Racing

Butterfly was the first one up, and he wandered out of the tent to gaze at the beautiful landscape stretched before him. The Munchlax's belly rumbled as he fiddled with the Silk Scarf he was holding, and he headed back into the tent so that he could get something to eat; a few Pecha berries came to his mind first.

His rustling in the bags awoke Solar, who silently laughed at the silly Normal-type. He sat up, and quietly stayed until Sandra's eyes opened. "Good morning," Solar greeted.

"Hi there, Solar," Sandra replied as she stood up. "Morning, Butterfly." She chuckled. "You're already hungry for breakfast? I'm not surprised."
She added, "Just kidding, I'm ready too. I'll get the food out. You two can... play around or something." She picked up the food bag, which Butterfly had failed to find, swishing her tail as if it were an axe as she always did while she exited. There, under a tarp, was the mat she had layed out the night before. The Lucario pulled out of the bag three paper plates and a sack of assorted berries. She layed the plates out, then added a few Pecha berries to Butterfly's, knowing they were his favorite, some Chesto berries for Solar, and Nomel berries for her. She was about to step into the tent and tell them that breakfast was ready, but Butterfly must have caught the scent, because he came rushing out of the tent with Solar on his tail.
Together, Team TNT devoured their meal. When it was finished, they all cheered, "Team TNT! Let's have a blast today!" Then, they high-fived, or whatever you call it for Pokemon with three fingers. Simultaneously they stood up, and headed for the racetrack.

Name: Polar
Species: Ninetales
Special Markings: Pure white fur (torso and tails) and blue eyes
Personality: Plenty sarcastic, Polar's not one to be taken unseriously. She will track you down if you annoy her enough. She's also very smart for a 13-year Ninetales, even though they're a wise species. She's also a bit loud at times.
History: She had her pure white fur when she was a young Vulpix, since her mother was a Glaceon, and her father was a Ninetales. She was self-concious of her color and still is. She left her parents, and went off to participate in the race.
Other: Chips is good~

Name: Krystal
Species: Shaymin
Special Markings: Her green fur(leaves?) is silver, and her pink flowers are yellow.
Personality: Happy and cheerful, Krystal was the perfect cheering friend/ best friend for Polar. Krystal is a bit timid and shy as well.
History: Krystal's history is unknown~
Other: You will see Krystal eating chips throughout the game. Really.

Last edited:
Moon awoke, he was...in a tent. A plain white tent with a black tarp floor, and he was laying on a black mat with a moon insignia on it. He remembered his friend, Solon, an Espeon, had told him to do it and she would too. What a friend, not even keeping a promise. he thought, But its too late now, I'm already in the race. He decided to eat breakfast, so he ate a few berries. He walked ouside and noticed it was a beautiful day outside. He stood there a few minutes, letting himself catch some fresh air. He smelt a strange scent, and decided to check it out.

"WAKE UP! We have to get ready!" said a Latias to a sleeping Latios. "Huh? Wh- OH RIGHT! The race!" said Aero, the Latios.
"Yeah! Come on, I'll train with you today. I already made breakfast: Razz Berry Pancakes!" Glyde, the Latias, said.
"Oh... No wonder I was drooling..." said Aero, the Latios. "Well," he said jumping out of his hammock, "Let's go practice! After I eat, of course..."

((It says in the rules that only one character per person can race at a time... a few people seemed to have missed that. Just so you know...))

Squiggles woke up as the sun shone in her eyes.
"Race!" she barked. "Race! Race! Almost forgot!"
She quickly ran the straight line, which had been strategically placed for her, as she was a Linoone, to the starting line and stretched, before realizing something about herself.
"Hungry! Hungry!" she yipped. "Need food! Smell!"
She raced towards the scent.
"Food!" she barked at the Lati@s (as in, both o_O's characters) standing at the other end. "Hungry! Food!"

Starlight yawned again and stepped forward, padding up to the starting line. He began to stretch. I ate a nice big dinner last night... I only eat at night anyway....

A voice rang out from the intercom. "Attention competitors! The race will start in ten minutes! Now's the time to get preparations finished!" It was not in fact an intercom, but an Exploud that was twenty feet down the track.

The Mightyena nodded absently and shuffled his paws around.

Timora woke up, walking to the track. She would not race this round. Not yet. But after training. Wanting to be the best means stepping aside when you can't win. Timora walked over to some trees, flying up and snagging a couple Lum Berries. It would have to do until after training.

Soon, Team TNT were at the track. Solar and Butterfly sat on the grass near the start, chatting while Sandra warmed up for a few minutes. She did a few careful stretches, a few twists, and some jumping and the like. Finally, she was finished. She guessed that there were only four minutes or so left. She hugged Butterfly. When he asked why, she replied, "Because we're friends, silly! And you're also huggable." She put her arms around Solar momentarily, then headed off to the track. "Wish me luck!" The Lucario took her place on the starting line.

Mia giggled softly and began walking to the starting line, eating some homemade trail mix, filled with dried berries.

((Purification will be my first racer! Did I forget to mention she was shiny? I think I did.))

Purification awoke to the sound of the ten minute alarm. "Oh, my gosh, I'm late!" she said, grabbing an apple and running. She ran all the way to the race. She wasn't tired when she got there, but she sure was thirdty! She grabbed a drink and took her place.

((I'd like to notify you of a new rule:

Please use proper grammar and spelling. Make each post at least one well-written paragraph.

Thanks for your time.))

The purple Pokemon's voice boomed.

"Two minutes until the race starts! Finish what you're doing and take your marks!"

Starlight's ears flattened against his head at the noise, but it soon quieted down and he raised them again. The Mightyena grinned before moving his ankles in a circle and crouching. He took a deep breath and readied himself. It would start at any moment now.

Purification looked left and right to see the other Pokemon that were racing. "Good luck!" she called.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Masquerade awoke. "I'm almost late to see the race!" she yelped as she teleported to the front gate. "Now, where is that Mew?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dreams drempt she was... In an ocean of ice cream. She got the biggest sundae in the world, and then it was gone. "Where'd my sundae go?" she asked, sitting up. She looked at the clock. "The race starts now!" she said, teleporting to Masquerade. "It's about time you got here!" he said. She gave the tickets to the Pokemon at the booth and they took their seats.

Timora, after several minutes of ramming into trees in a rather futile attempt to better condition herself, took her seat in the stadium. She might learn a thing or two from the other racers-namely, strategies for the inevitable field of battle.

Moon heard the Exploud stating the race was beginning and dashed for the starting gate as fast as possible. When he got there he got a good look at all the other Pokemon racing. Well, hopefully this won't be too bad of a first race. he thought, doing quick exercises. When he was ready he crouched down and built up energy in his four black legs.

Last edited:
"AHH! DARN IT! WE'RE ALMOST LATE!" shouted Glyde, hovering quickly to the track, as Aero ate his breakfast really long. Aero quickly followed, and they barely made it to the starting line in time.
"Well, that was a pretty nice training session," Glyde said. "See ya at the finish line!" she shouted, hovering off into the distance.
"Vuh-Vye!" said Aero, mouth still full of Razz Berry Pancakes. He got into his ready position, and was pumped up for the race.

Back
Top Bottom