• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Evolving!

[Rachel] staryu (x) <Natural Cure>

into

[Rachel] starmie (x) <Natural Cure>

Water Stone and battle.

Also updating her sig move.

Signature Move: Spotlight
"Metaphors are important. My gold stars are a metaphor for me being a star."

Rachel is a go-getter. Nothing can get in its' way. A crowd of people shouting at you doesn't sound much different from a crowd of people shouting for you; it all depends on how you look at it. And Rachel looks at the world through rose-tinted glasses.

Sometimes it gets a little hard for Rachel to see other pokemon for who they really are. Sometimes all it sees is a cheering crowd. And sometimes that gets to Rachel.

Normal / Other / Damage: Progressively adds +2 to total damage for 2-5 actions (adds +2 on each action) / Target: Self / Energy: 9% / Duration: 2-5 actions
Effects: this makes Rachel get stuck in an encore. It repeats its last-used move for 2-5 actions. However, unlike a normal encore, during each progressive attack, +2 damage is added to the attacks overall power.
For each successful hit she makes during the effects of Spotlight, the boost to her confidence raises her special attack and special defense +1. This comes into effect after Spotlight ends.
During this performance, the effects of negative moves such as taunt, torment, swagger, scary face, leer, etc. (anything that's effect would depend on Rachel loosing confidence) would fail.
Usage Gap: Every 5 rounds

Last edited:

[Seto Kaiba] Meowth (M) <Pickup>

bank link for Seto.

Technically none of the other Pokémon ever got approved so I'll repost those too :v Also change the Frizard to an Aerodactyl cos actually yay fossils.

Shellder (M) <Skill Link> (bank)

Kabuto (M) <Swift Swim> (free)
[Nostalgia Critic] Aerodactyl (M) <Pressure> (free)

Pokemon themselves approved.

[Battery] Elekid (Female)
Ability: Static
Signature Attribute: Vicious Moodswings

Birfday giths

I got gifts~

seviper
[Lux] Seviper (F)
Ability:Shed Skin

Horsea (F)
Ability: Sniper

it's attila time

[Moony] Cleffa [♂]
Magic Guard

>:)

Buying a Miltank.

[Milkmaid] Miltank (F)
Ability: Scrappy

Bank link

Birthday+Older Brother=Rabbit

[Kergen] Mankey [♀]
Vital Spirit
Finished Battles: vs. Metallica Fanboy (1/3)
Notes: She's my lucky Negrek Pokémon.

[Clairent] Shellder [♀]
water-stone.png

Skill Link
Signature Move: Pearlshot
Finished Battles:
Notes: Skill Link is cool, btw.

All Approved

@_@ sorry if I missed anyone, so many pokemon.

Buying team. Transaction made here.
[Aerial] Swablu (F)
Ability:Natural Cure
[Waterskit] Surskit (M)
Ability:Swift Swim
[Bolteon] Mareep (F)
Ability:Static
[Icicle] Snover (F)
Ability:Snow Warning
Reaper Cloth

Done!

Thank you~ Hey. You're the one who I see VMs from on everyone's page:O Hi. (I like the dat's rite. Heehee.)

Hey, I need help with this.

[Waterskit] Surskit (M)
Ability: Swift Swim
Item:None
EXP:0
Move Mod: Crawl
Description: When Waterskit uses Crawl, he climbs all over the opponent, tickling them and rendering them unable to use a move they have to move for(i.e. they can't use Quick Attack, but they can use Flamethrower)
Type:Water
Stat:Physical
Power:0%
Energy:2%
Accuracy:95%
Target:Opponent
Duration:One round
Effects:Renders opponent unable to move.
Similar to being paralyzed.

Do I have to register the singnature move attribute thing here? Someone told me I had to, so I came here.

Last edited:

type would be like, normal or water, but I would suggest water. stat would be physical, and in this case, power would be 0, as it does no damage. also, how can something have more than 100% accuracy?

Oops, I was thinking of the game's power stat...stupid me. Thanks. I'll go edit it...

Youre better off reading the sig move rules before making any real attempt, honestly. Also, check out other signature moves to help you.

I edited the post. Who can approve it? Oops, before I forget...

[Bolteon] Mareep (F)
Body Mod: Electric Wool
Description:Bolteon's wool conducts electricity, giving Electric-type attacks some more power.
Effects:Electric-type attacks are 2% more powerful than normal.

[Icicle] Snover (F)
Body Mod: Stronger Roots
Description: Icicle's roots are slightly stronger. As a result, when Icicle uses Ingrain or Frenzy Plant, or any move involving roots, the effect is exaggerated by 1%.
Effects:Any move involving roots (i.e. Ingrain) will be 1% stronger.

[Aerial] Swablu (F)
Ability: Natural Cure
Move Mod: Swab
Description: When Aerial uses Swab, she drops whatever status she has onto her opponent(but Aerial keeps the status sitll). It will fail if she is asleep, but she can Swab the move Yawn, and therefore can induce Sleep status.
Type:Normal
Stat:Status
Accuracy:100%
Duration:Until medicine is used
Effects:Varying status problems

Check this out...

Buying Clamperl for InvaderSyl.
This math is hurting my brain >_<
I'll go leave it at the Birthday Center. BTW, before anyone complains, I will edit. It's hard to do the posts needed at once... Here.

Okay, let's validate this.
New Pokemon.

Clamperl [F]
Ability: Shell Armor

Approve. Thanks...it's a gift. I guess it should be holding a DeepSeaScale and traded somehow to evolve into Goreybss...

I edited the post. Who can approve it? Oops, before I forget...

[Bolteon] Mareep (F)
Body Mod: Electric Wool
Description:Bolteon's wool conducts electricity, giving Electric-type attacks some more power.
Effects:Electric-type attacks are 2% more powerful than normal.

[Icicle] Snover (F)
Description: Icicle's roots are slightly stronger. As a result, when Icicle uses Ingrain or Frenzy Plant, or any move involving roots, the effect is exaggerated by 1%.

[Aerial] Swablu (F)
Description: When Aerial uses Swab, she drops whatever status she has onto her opponent(but Aerial keeps the status sitll). It will fail if she is asleep, but she can Swab the move Yawn, and therefore can induce Sleep status.
Stat:Status
Duration:Until medicine is used
Effects:Varying status problems

Check this out...

First of all these aren't formatted quite right, though I'm not sure how strict we're meant to be about that. The ASB Rules thread has a form to fill in (or an example of a properly-formatted one anyway) for move and body mods; ideally, you should copy and paste that into the PRO and fill out the information in the order given on the form. Also, your Description section contains the stuff that needs to go under effects.

Speaking of the Description section, mods need a backstory; something explaining why your Pokémon can do what the mod lets it do that no other member of its species can. This generally needs to be more fleshed out than "it has strong roots" or "its wool conducts electricity" (which all Mareep's wool does, that's the whole concept of the Pokémon).

The "until medicine is used" part of Aerial's move is a little confusing since we don't have medicine in the sense of potions and antidotes in ASB.

Finally, sig moves need a usage gap; since they're usually stronger than regular moves they typically can only be used once per round, once per battle, or anywhere in between depending on how powerful they are.

As I think someone else said, it's generally not a good idea to rush in and try to make sig mods when you're new to ASB. Think these through carefully and come back when you're more accustomed to how things work in ASB. It never hurts to give the rules another read or look at how other people are doing things, either. c:

Buying Clamperl for InvaderSyl.
This math is hurting my brain >_<
I'll go leave it at the Birthday Center. BTW, before anyone complains, I will edit. It's hard to do the posts needed at once... Here.

Okay, let's validate this.
New Pokemon.

Clamperl [F]
Ability: Shell Armor

Approve. Thanks...it's a gift. I guess it should be holding a DeepSeaScale and traded somehow to evolve into Goreybss...

This, however, is approved. (Ideally the bank link should be in the same post as the species/gender/ability, though.)

Oh. Thanks, I'll just change the sig moves, then. EDIT: How do we heal then?! Rest and moves like that?! Huh. I'll go change it...the backstory will be hard...

Hmm... here we go again.

[Icicle] Snover (F)
Description: Icicle's roots are slightly stronger, due to living in harsher conditions than most Snover: in the moist rainforest after being abandoned there by her previous owner. Not being adapted to this unusual habitat, Icicle's roots were...different. Mutated.

Hopefully that story was good enough. Next!

[Waterskit] Surskit (M)
Ability: Swift Swim
Move Mod: Crawl
Description: When Waterskit uses Crawl, he climbs all over the opponent, tickling them and rendering them unable to use a move they have to move for(i.e. they can't use Quick Attack, but they can use Flamethrower), due to being immobilized by laughing.
Stat:Physical
Accuracy:90%
Duration:One round
Effects:Renders opponent unable to move.
Similar to being paralyzed.

Do I have to put a usage gap for a status move? Anyway, I'm totally changing Mareep's thing.

[Bolteon] Mareep (F)
Body Mod: Bright Tail
Description:Bolteon's tail emits a blinding amount of light. Although most Mareep's tails are small lightbulbs, Bolteon's tail had to give off a blinding amount of light to get attention out of several of her owner's Pokemon, being the smallest.
Effects:Opponent's accuracy is brought down by 5% due to light

Does that work? Next!

[Aerial] Swablu (F)
Description: When Aerial was owned by a different owner, she had a bad experience. Although most Swablu are obsessed with cleanliness, Aerial is much worse. After battling a Mudkip, she was hit by Mud-Slap. As she cleaned it off, she was knocked out with a strong attack. The experience was so upsetting for Aerial, the next time she was poisoned, she simply got revenge by rubbing it on the opponent's Pokemon.
Type:Status
Stat:What? :S
Power:What? :S
Duration:3 rounds
Effects:Varying status problems, depending on Aerial's problems

OK, that's it. Were the stories good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom