• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

"Ok, I'mma make my first mod and thank heavens I can change it when evolved.

[Asphyxia]Gastly(Male)
Levitate
Body Mod: Asphyxiating gas

You don't think it's named Asphyxia for nothing, do you? This Gastly was born and raised in the Lavender Pokemon tower. However, one time it wandered outside and found itself stuck in Mr. Fuji's chimney. When Mr. Fuji came home, he lit a fire. The Gastly almost suffocated, but at the last minute it managed to squeeze free and save himself. The heavy gasses and smoke and ash never quite left his body (By which I mean legit body not cloud of gas), so he's now covered in a cloud of dangerous gases which are produced along with the normal purple gases to make a sickening gray color.

Effect:
Whenever an attack requiring physical contact is used there is a 10% chance that the user will suffocate and cough and the attack will fail because they have to get inside the gas cloud to reach his blobish body. From then on it works like a constant light paralysis because they have smoke in their lungs, which is unaffected and coexists with any other paralysis. E.g. One normal decreasing paralysis chance and a light paralysis chance both in order to attack.. Doesn't have any effect in water or other arenas not open to air. Also, rain washes all the chemicals out of the air, so this power doesn't work during rain."

Ok, I tried to fix all the stuff, Kratos.

Last edited:

I wish to have a new Mon, please
And here is how I shall pay

[Wammy] Wailmer (Female)
Ability: Water Veil
Body Mod: Impressive Bulk

Since birth, Wammy was always a big Wailmer, bigger than all the other baby Wailmers. Unfortunatly, this, coupled with an obsession with eating, has made Wammy litterally huge compared to many other Wailmer. Her wieght made less and less Pokémon want to date her, until even her parents were ashamed. She was so heavy that she wasn't accepted to go to the Registration Office and be put up for sale, so she decided to train hard. At first, it worked, but the amount of muscle she gained made up for the drop in fat. It wasn't until a group of bullies started bullying her friend that she noticed the god things about her bulk. She could use it to shield others.

When the Registration Office officials came, they chose her because of her ability. She was put up for sale the next week. Unfortunatly, noone liked her, because they all thought she was fat and worthless. If only they'd known

Effect:
Attract has a 25% chance of failing when used on Wammy
Attacks aimed at teammates have a 10% chance of being blocked by Wammy (who then takes damage equal to what she would have taken if the attack had been aimed at her)
Attacks aimed at Wammy have +3 Accuracy
Wammy starts the battle with -3 Speed and +3 Defence. These stat mods cannot be cleared back to neutral in any way, but can be built up on (For example, Wammy can go to -6 Speed, but never -1 Speed).

An evolution:

[Aqua] Eevee (F) <Adaptability>

exp + water stone (water stone wasn't listed as held in the reffings but re: active squad post) =

[Aqua] Vaporeon (F) <Water Absorb>

and reclaiming

[Vicious Death Monster] Feraligatr (F) <Torrent>

Approved.

When you fix anything, repost, and never quote. The quotes are lost when the approvers, in turn, quote your post.

[Bad Romance] Ralts (F)
Ability: Synchronize

[Fledermaus] Zubat (M)
Ability: Inner Focus

[Aethon] Ponyta (F)
Ability: Flash Fire

[Fu] Growlithe (M)
Ability: Intimidate

pfft money who needs that

Approved.

[Asphyxia]Gastly(Male)
Levitate

You don't think it's named Asphyxia for nothing, do you? This Gastly was born and raised in the Lavender Pokemon tower. However, one time it wandered outside and found itself stuck in Mr. Fuji's chimney. When Mr. Fuji came home, he lit a fire. The Gastly almost suffocated, but at the last minute it managed to squeeze free and save himself. The heavy gasses and smoke and ash never quite left his body (By which I mean legit body not cloud of gas), so he's now covered in a cloud of dangerous gases which are produced along with the normal purple gases to make a sickening gray color.

Effect:
Whenever an attack requiring physical contact is used there is a 10% chance that the user will suffocate and cough and the attack will fail because they have to get inside the gas cloud to reach his blobish body. From then on it works like a constant light paralysis because they have smoke in their lungs, which is unaffected and coexists with any other paralysis. E.g. One normal decreasing paralysis chance and a light paralysis chance both in order to attack.. Doesn't have any effect in water or other arenas not open to air. Also, rain washes all the chemicals out of the air, so this power doesn't work during rain."

reposted again. Here's to hoping third time is the charm.

[Wammy] Wailmer (Female)

Since birth, Wammy was always a big Wailmer, bigger than all the other baby Wailmers. Unfortunatly, this, coupled with an obsession with eating, has made Wammy litterally huge compared to many other Wailmer. Her wieght made less and less Pokémon want to date her, until even her parents were ashamed. She was so heavy that she wasn't accepted to go to the Registration Office and be put up for sale, so she decided to train hard. At first, it worked, but the amount of muscle she gained made up for the drop in fat. It wasn't until a group of bullies started bullying her friend that she noticed the god things about her bulk. She could use it to shield others.

When the Registration Office officials came, they chose her because of her ability. She was put up for sale the next week. Unfortunatly, noone liked her, because they all thought she was fat and worthless. If only they'd known

Effect:
Attract has a 25% chance of failing when used on Wammy
Attacks aimed at teammates have a 10% chance of being blocked by Wammy (who then takes damage equal to what she would have taken if the attack had been aimed at her)
Wammy starts the battle with -3 Speed and +3 Defence. These stat mods cannot be cleared back to neutral in any way, but can be built up on (For example, Wammy can go to -6 Speed, but never -1 Speed).
Your effects don't make a whole lot of sense. Why does attract fail when used against Wammy--shouldn't it be that attract is more likely to fail if *she* uses it? I don't see how she can automatically block attacks, either... sure, if you had a teammate specifically hide behind her or something, the opponent might not hit them, but otherwise it's not like she's going to be throwing herself in front of other pokémon to defend them, I don't think. When you say that her modified stats "can be built up on," I think you mean that her speed can't go higher than that and her defense can't go lower, but her defense can increase and her speed can decrease? That's the best I can make out given your example.

[Asphyxia]Gastly(Male)
Levitate

Effect:

reposted again. Here's to hoping third time is the charm.
For no drawbacks, you could get a 10% chance of an opponent's physical contact attack failing, but not causing perpetual light paralysis. The description seems a bit weak as to why Asphyxia keeps producing toxic smoke.

[Wammy] Wailmer (Female)

Effect:
Attract has a 25% chance of failing when used by Wammy
At the cost of one action, Wammy can block all attacks aimed at a teammate for the duration of that action. (Wammy takes damage the same as what she would have taken if the attacks were aimed at her)
Wammy starts the battle with -3 Speed and +3 Defence. These stats may be changed as normal.

Better?

[Asphyxia]Gastly(Male)
Levitate

You don't think it's named Asphyxia for nothing, do you? This Gastly was born and raised in the Lavender Pokemon tower. However, one time it wandered outside and found itself stuck in Mr. Fuji's chimney. When Mr. Fuji came home, he lit a fire. The Gastly almost suffocated, but at the last minute it managed to squeeze free and save himself. The heavy gasses and smoke and ash never quite left his body, so he's now covered in a cloud of dangerous gases which, along with the normal purple gases, make a sickening gray color. He found that this was very useful in battle and so decided to work on his natural ability to suffocate animals.

Effect:
Whenever an attack requiring physical contact is used there is a 10% chance that the user will suffocate and cough and the attack will fail because they have to get inside the gas cloud to reach his blobish body. From then on it works like a constant light paralysis because they have smoke in their lungs, which is unaffected and coexists with any other paralysis. E.g. One normal decreasing paralysis chance and a light paralysis chance both in order to attack. Doesn't have any effect in water or other arenas not open to air. Doesn't work on steel Pokemon as they all seem to have no real sign of internal organs or the Porygon family since they don't have organs. Also all those poisons and heavier materials in the gas slow him down so he starts with minus one speed.

I hope it works this time.

Last edited:

Well, after reading things over, I'd like to try and get a signature attribute for my Electrike.

Electrike
[Tomas] Electrike (M)
Ability: Static
Signature Attribute: Blue-Eyed Blind

Trainers like shiny Pokemon. This much is clear: whether from the slightly boosted stats or merely their rarity, alternative colored battle friends are in demand. Breeders constantly try for a shiny stock, or at least increased odds that they won't always end up with "normal" stock. Some are less scrupulous than others, breeding family trees so closely they better resemble sticks, supplemented with high-statted Dittos.

Tomas comes from one such breeder, fortunately shut down since. Due to inbreeding and the psudo-cloning caused by Ditto overuse, he inherited enough faulty, recessive genes to cause him to be blind from birth. His very pale blue eyes, usually only found in shiny Electrike, reflect this. He has no sense of light or color, and has refused to accept any implants or replacement eyes. It is likely that, even if he were given such things, his brain would be unable to process the information given to him by sight.

Tomas doesn't see it as much of a loss, though. His hearing and sense of smell are acute enough to manage for him in most circumstances, and his innate sense of electric fields handles the rest.

Effect: Tomas is blind. Any attack (such as Confuse Ray, Signal Beam, or Double Team) or ability (such as Illuminate) that depends on vision or light do not affect him. His accuracy is considered inherently at -2 (meaning it is at -2 at the start of battles, cannot be lost by Psych Up, returns to this level after Haze, etc.). However, his accuracy cannot be lowered further (as the ability Keen Eye, although it would be more accurately called Keen Ear and Nose), and any opponent using Psych Up on Tomas would be subject to the same penalty.

Due to his heightened senses, he is always considered under the effects of Odor Sleuth. Tomas cannot use the moves Light Screen, Double Team, Flash, or Signal Beam.

[Wammy] Wailmer (Female)

Effect:
Attract has a 25% chance of failing when used by Wammy
At the cost of one action, Wammy can block all attacks aimed at a teammate for the duration of that action. (Wammy takes damage the same as what she would have taken if the attacks were aimed at her)
Wammy starts the battle with -3 Speed and +3 Defence. These stats may be changed as normal.

Better?

Yeah, better. Approved.

You didn't have to keep linking to the bank post since the wailmer herself is already yours, fyi.

[Asphyxia]Gastly(Male)
Levitate

You don't think it's named Asphyxia for nothing, do you? This Gastly was born and raised in the Lavender Pokemon tower. However, one time it wandered outside and found itself stuck in Mr. Fuji's chimney. When Mr. Fuji came home, he lit a fire. The Gastly almost suffocated, but at the last minute it managed to squeeze free and save himself. The heavy gasses and smoke and ash never quite left his body, so he's now covered in a cloud of dangerous gases which, along with the normal purple gases, make a sickening gray color. He found that this was very useful in battle and so decided to keep it.

Effect:
Whenever an attack requiring physical contact is used there is a 10% chance that the user will suffocate and cough and the attack will fail because they have to get inside the gas cloud to reach his blobish body. From then on it works like a constant light paralysis because they have smoke in their lungs, which is unaffected and coexists with any other paralysis. E.g. One normal decreasing paralysis chance and a light paralysis chance both in order to attack. Doesn't have any effect in water or other arenas not open to air. Also, rain washes all the chemicals out of the air, so this power doesn't work during rain. After the gas is washed away he has to take an action to replenish it."

Changed the problem.

Uh, no, you didn't. Negrek said that you'd need to add an actual drawback to have the paralysis at all (oh, good, it wasn't just me feeling that way), and there's still no real explanation as to why he produces enough of the smoke/chemicals to keep it going for multiple uses. You keep saying that you're "glad you can change this later", so I'm not sure whether or not that means you actually have plans for when Asphyxia evolves into haunter, etc.; if not, your best bet is to just drop the paralysis aspect entirely for now, change it to a 10% chance of physical attacks failing and try to work the paralysis back in later upon evolution.

Considering that several of gastly's pokédex entries mention its ability to suffocate, is it really even necessary to try and work the chimney incident into things? You could instead just say that Asphyxia has been working to improve on the natural ability he already has and actually make use of it in battle.

*tyrannosaurus roar*

[Dox] Cranidos [M]
Mold Breaker

[Cajunor] Slugma [M]
Flame Body

that will be all
, gents

Approved.

Well, after reading things over, I'd like to try and get a signature attribute for my Electrike.

Electrike
[Tomas] Electrike (M)

Trainers like shiny Pokemon. This much is clear: whether from the slightly boosted stats or merely their rarity, alternative colored battle friends are in demand. Breeders constantly try for a shiny stock, or at least increased odds that they won't always end up with "normal" stock. Some are less scrupulous than others, breeding family trees so closely they better resemble sticks, supplemented with high-statted Dittos.

Tomas comes from one such breeder, fortunately shut down since. Due to inbreeding and the psudo-cloning caused by Ditto overuse, he inherited enough faulty, recessive genes to cause him to be blind from birth. His very pale blue eyes, usually only found in shiny Electrike, reflect this. He has no sense of light or color, and has refused to accept any implants or replacement eyes. It is likely that, even if he were given such things, his brain would be unable to process the information given to him by sight.

Tomas doesn't see it as much of a loss, though. His hearing and sense of smell are acute enough to manage for him in most circumstances, and his innate sense of electric fields handles the rest.

Effect: Tomas is blind. Any attack (such as Confuse Ray, Signal Beam, or Double Team) or ability (such as Illuminate) that depends on vision or light do not affect him. His accuracy is considered inherently at -2 (meaning it is at -2 at the start of battles, cannot be lost by Psych Up, returns to this level after Haze, etc.). However, his accuracy cannot be lowered further (as the ability Keen Eye, although it would be more accurately called Keen Ear and Nose), and any opponent using Psych Up on Tomas would be subject to the same penalty.

Due to his heightened senses, he is always considered under the effects of Odor Sleuth. Tomas cannot use the moves Light Screen, Double Team, Flash, or Signal Beam.

I don't think psych up would actually work on Tomas's inherent accuracy drop.

Why can't he use any of the listed attacks? I don't think that generating light, etc. would be a problem for any electric-type, even if it couldn't see the results of its own work. They're okay for a drawback, but I don't see the justification.

Birthday Present!

[Desk Lamp] Lileep (M)
Ability: Suction Cups

Approved.

Por moi, sort of:

[] Spraylet (F)

money, and then reclaiming

[Yggdrasill] Dragonair (M)

(sans sig move but oh, well, new name comes with new plans)

Actually, Kratos, read the last sentence. I actually made it so he takes an action to replenish it after it rains, and also earlier that he found that it was useful in battle and so finds more of the stuff. I was mostly saying thank heavens it could Change because it will likely end up being useless. And since fifteen out of seventeen types automatically learn Rain Dance and then some more exceptions such as Ludicolo, I think that's an adequate drawback. Tell me if you still think it should be changed.

A drawback is a limitation, something you lose because you are gaining this attribute. It is not something that turns off the attribute. For example, Wammy's stat reductions or the moves that Tomas can no longer use in the other two mods in the same post.

It doesn't say anything about "finding more" as far as I can tell, and anyway, how can you guarantee that any external sources will be around for him to replenish? I still think it would be easier to skip that part altogether.

[Asphyxia]Gastly(Male)
Levitate

You don't think it's named Asphyxia for nothing, do you? This Gastly was born and raised in the Lavender Pokemon tower. However, one time it wandered outside and found itself stuck in Mr. Fuji's chimney. When Mr. Fuji came home, he lit a fire. The Gastly almost suffocated, but at the last minute it managed to squeeze free and save himself. The heavy gasses and smoke and ash never quite left his body, so he's now covered in a cloud of dangerous gases which, along with the normal purple gases, make a sickening gray color. He found that this was very useful in battle and so decided to work on his natural ability to suffocate animals.

Effect:
Whenever an attack requiring physical contact is used there is a 10% chance that the user will suffocate and cough and the attack will fail because they have to get inside the gas cloud to reach his blobish body. From then on it works like a constant light paralysis because they have smoke in their lungs, which is unaffected and coexists with any other paralysis. E.g. One normal decreasing paralysis chance and a light paralysis chance both in order to attack. Doesn't have any effect in water or other arenas not open to air. Doesn't work on steel Pokemon as they all seem to have no real sign of internal organs or the Porygon family since they don't have organs. Also all those poisons and heavier materials in the gas slow him down so he starts with minus one speed.

I hope it works this time.

Why can't he use any of the listed attacks? I don't think that generating light, etc. would be a problem for any electric-type, even if it couldn't see the results of its own work. They're okay for a drawback, but I don't see the justification.

The reason I listed those moves as unlearnable is that, while Tomas has heard of light, he doesn't understand much about it, such as how to generate it or use it offensively. Physically, he could learn those moves, but mentally, he's unable to use them. I'll add in more to the description to that effect. I'll also get rid of the Psych Up bit; I misinterpreted the move.

Electrike
[Tomas] Electrike (M)

Tomas comes from one such breeder, fortunately shut down since. Due to inbreeding and the psudo-cloning caused by Ditto overuse, he inherited enough faulty, recessive genes to cause him to be blind from birth. His very pale blue eyes, usually only found in shiny Electrike, reflect this. He has no sense of light or color, or how to use his electrical talents to generate light offensively.

Effect: Tomas is blind. Any attack (such as Confuse Ray, Signal Beam, or Double Team) or ability (such as Illuminate) that depends on vision or light do not affect him. His accuracy is considered inherently at -2 (meaning it is at -2 at the start of battles, is not effected by Psych Up, returns to this level after Haze, etc.). However, his accuracy cannot be lowered further (as the ability Keen Eye, although it would be more accurately called Keen Ear and Nose).

Okay, I think I'll try to get an extremely convoluted and probably overpowered Sig move for my Bronzor.

Bronzor
(Genderless)
Ability
: Levitate
Approval

Move Mod: Move Swap

Description:
All Bronzor, of course, have the ability to manipulate Psychic energies. They also have the ability to reach into other beings' minds, and from there to transfer or remove memories, experiences or abilities; this is what grants them the abiltiy to perform the Skill Swap and Imprison techniques. However, since these abilities are innate to them, few Bronzor choose to train these abilities further. My Bronzor is one of the few that have, and it has therefore gained powers beyond what most Bronzor possess.
First, it hovers perfectly still, concentrating hard (thus, this cannot be used in circumstances where concentration is impossible). Its eyes glow deep blue, and a web of energy of the same colour begins to expand outwards. The web then expands over the field, then focussing in on its target, causing the target's eyes (if applicable) to glow the same color. The target is very briefly subject to horrible pain deep within its skull, and then instantly loses all recognition of several moves it previously knew (though they cannot be moves that Bronzor can naturally learn). Bronzor gains these moves, though the strain the attack causes it causes it to forget several of its own moves. The web of energy dissipates, leaving the only traces of an attacks' use being a slight headache and the missing moves on both parties. The attack causes incredible strain on Bronzor, and can thus can only be used once per battle. Due to Bronzor's unfamiliarity with the stolen moves, they take 1.2x as much energy than normal to use. Due to the Dark-type's inherent resistance to Psychic energies, the amount of attacks nullified is reduced and the damage is removed altogether.

Type: Psychic / Stat: Special/Status / Base Damage (%): 4% / accuracy: 100% / Target: Single Foe / Energy: 8% / Duration: Three actions

Effects:
On the first action, Bronzor stays incredibly still and concentrates. Its eyes glow deep blue, and tendrils of energy of he same color begin to emerge and spread to its surroundings.
On the second action, the tendrils of energy merge into a web, floating in mid-air, which expands over the entire field.
On the third action, the energy web collapses onto the target, causing it brief but intense pain (this is when damage is dealt) and its eyes to glow the same deep blue. Moves are neutralised as explained below, and then the energies dissipate, returning both Pokémon's eyes to the normal color. The target recieves a slight headache, but there are no other obvious signs (other than the missing moves, of course) that a move has been used.

Calculation of move-transference:
Generate a number between one and five. For each number generated, remove one move from the Pokémon's moveset, in the sequence special-physical-status, that Bronzor cannot learn and add them to Bronzor's moveset. Bronzor must use 1.2 times as much energy than normal to use the stolen moves. Bronzor loses half as many moves, rounded up, in the same sequence from its own movepool.

This move cannot be used in situations where concentrating is impossible, including but not limited to the effects of Uproar, Sandstorm, or Hail. Times when concentration is impossible will be based on the ref's discretion.

Dark-types take no damage at any stage, and the number of attacks taken can only be between one and three.

Usage Gap: Once per battle.

So, how is it? Too overpowered? Too convoluted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom