• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Erm, yes there are (at least with most refs), just as there are different degrees/severities for any other status condition. For example, I would have mild poisoning do about 2%/round, while moderate would be 3%/round, so on and so forth.

...really? I've only ever seen people do "3% or so per round forever unless you cure it somehow". Unless I've been reading things wrong all this time. My bad.
you're just jealous you don't have a slowpoke themed entirely around french words for forgetting stuff)

Just the "needs a drawback" thing then I guess. :p

Starting team:
[Tricky]Turtwig(male)
Ability: Overgrow

[Core]Magby(male)
Ability:Flame Body

[Katie]Doduo(Female)
Ability: Early Bird

Bank link here.

Starting team:
[Tricky]Turtwig(male)
Ability: Overgrow

[Core]Magby(male)
Ability:Flame Body

[Katie]Doduo(Female)
Ability: Early Bird

Bank Link

Two fire stones, a shiny stone, a moon stone, and two dusk stones, total of $60.

I'd also like to buy a Snubbull for $10.
Snubbull
[Daniel]Snubbull(M)
Ability: Intimidate

Bank link

Last edited:

DOUBLE POST FOR GREAT JUSTICE.

First off I've noticed noone in ASB has a Gyarados. Why is this. Well. Bank Get, 35 total for Karp + Evo. Seems like a steal to me.

[Murderbeast] Magikarp (F)
<Swift Swim>

l
l
l
v

[Murderbeast] Gyarados (F)
<Intimidate>

And then, get ready, it's a double-header Ref annuerism in Riolu forme!

[Izzy] Riolu (F)
<Inner Focus>

~ Signature Attribute~
- I Solve Practical Problems -

Hey look buddy, Izzy is an Engineer; that means she solves problems. Not problems like ‘What is my Feebas’ Beauty?’, because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. She solves practical problems. Fr’instance, how is she gonna stop some big mother Huntail from tearing her a structurally superfluous new behind?
The answer? Use an Aura Sphere. And if that don’t work, use more Aura Sphere. And failing that... Use more gun. Izzy is a little different from her Riolu brethren – the sort who train their bodies and minds for combat; rather she’s always had a craving for knowledge. Right from her earliest days, she loved to tinker, learn how things work, and learn how to make them work better. Ten levels as a roughneck in the Resort Desert Ancient Castle and eleven hard Special Defence EV’s has trained her to design, build and repair a variety of deadly contraptions.
Izzy is, of course, highly resourceful, and in a snag she is very capable of turning only scrap she finds on-site into resources at her disposal. She is always scavenging for bits of pieces she can smack into shape, though she can only hold so much on her person at a time. More so, she can devote a small chunk of her time to pick up even more. Finally, using or being hit by Steel-typed attacks will put even more at her immediate disposal.
Of course, combat prowess and intellect are somewhat inversely proportionate, and after so much time as a scholar, her direct-combat skills are quite lacking.

-Effects-
Izzy gains a ‘Metal’ counter for use with her signature move in addition to Health and Energy which caps at 200. This counter starts at 0 whenever Izzy is sent out, and will increase by 10 every action normally. She can also take an action to ‘Scavenge’ which will increase the counter by 50 instead at the cost of 5% Energy. If one of Izzy’s devices was destroyed during the previous action, Scavenge will gather double the Metal. In addition, when using a Steel-typed attack, she will gain Metal equal to half the attack’s BP (STAB not taken into account), and when being hit by a Steel-typed attack, she will gain Metal equal to the attack’s total BP (STAB included).
All attacking moves will do 4% less damage and use up 3% more energy, after all other calculations.

Signature Move: More Gun
But who needs to get your hand dirty when you’ve got such lovely contraptions. Like this heavy calibre, tripod-mounted lil ‘ol number designed by her, built by her, and you’d best hope... not pointed at you.
Izzy’s only current combat-capable piece of equipment still packs a nasty little bite – a fully automated, self-constructing, modular turret stocked with ankle-biting BB pellets you would truly rather not be peppered with. For 130 metal, Izzy can place a level 1 Sentry to assist her in combat, and even upgrade it, increasing its damage potential and durability. Nonetheless, they’re fragile piecemails and a solid hit will leave it as little more than scrap metal.
Sentries take one action and 8% Energy to place, and two more to construct by themselves – however, Izzy may spend the action directly after placing to ‘Construct’, causing it to be ready by the third.
Sentries can also be upgraded, for a total of 200 metal for a level, up to level 3, or repaired for 10 Metal per 1% HP. By using the ‘Maintain’ command, Izzy will spend that action tending to her sentry. If the sentry is damaged, she may repair up to 5% HP per action, and if the sentry is at full HP, she will use up to 100 of her stored Metal towards upgrading. The ‘Maintain’ command costs 5% Energy.
Sentries are considered a stationary Steel-typed ‘Partner’ with their own HP bar, and are targeted as if they were a Pokemon themselves. (Including being struck by moves that affect the field as opposed to a single target) They will attack on their own every action while a target is within range (Not flying, digging, etcetera) until destroyed.

- Level 1 sentries have a max of 9% HP and deal 1% typeless damage per action.
- Level 2 sentries have a max of 12% HP and deal 2% typeless damage per action.
- Level 3 sentries have a max of 15% HP, deal 2% typeless damage per action, and have the ability ‘Battle Armour’ (Cannot be affected by Critical Hits)
Type: Steel / Stat: Supportive / Base Damage: N/A / Accuracy: N/A / Target: Field / Energy: 8% Base / Duration: Indefinite

-Effects-
Allows Izzy to construct buildings to assist her in combat using Metal she’s collected. These buildings count as a partner ‘Pokemon’ of the Steel type and can be targeted as such. Buildings take one action to place (8% Energy) and will self-construct for two more actions (ready on action 4), unless Izzy is commanded to ‘Construct’ in which case they will be ready on action 3. Buildings are deployed at their max (level 1) HP and can be destroyed before finishing.
Izzy may also use Metal to repair and upgrade existing buildings that are finished constructing by using the ‘Maintain’ command. If the building is damaged, she will use up to 50 Metal to repair it at 10 Metal per 1% HP. If at full health, she will use up to 100 Metal towards upgrading. Buildings gain an upgrade after 200 additional Metal is used on them.
Buildings are not affected by status effects, however the move Thunder Wave may be used to completely disable it. Izzy must spend an action of the ‘Maintain’ command to repair it – although this does not use any Metal, she may not repair or upgrade during that time, leaving it vulnerable.

Usage Gap: Only one of any given building may exist at a time.

LET'S TRY THIS AGAIN.

[Pankaja] Hennic (M)
Ability:
Serene Grace
Received: Here

Signature Attribute: Sign of the Scorpion

All Hennic gain dark brown henna markings shortly after birth; most are mostly similar with a few changed, but sometimes, a young one will gain a marking which is radically different. Pankaja is one such young one, his henna marking much different from those in his litter.

Pankaja bears the sign of a Scorpion on his back, the head facing his tail, and the scorpion's tail curling around his neck, the stinger on his forehead. The Scorpion in henna marks represents protection against evil, and protection against stings. The marks of a Hennic give their power; as such Pankaja has some...unique abilities, but also makes him susceptible to a few things a Bug-Type would be.

Effects: All Dark, Ghost, and Poison attacks do 2% less damage to Pankaja, and the attacker takes 2% untyped damage as recoil. The Pokemon who knocks Pankaja out is also mildly poisoned by the scorpion mark as revenge. Pankaja is considered weak to Fire and Flying type attacks in the same manner as a normal weakness.

DOUBLE POST FOR GREAT JUSTICE.

First off I've noticed noone in ASB has a Gyarados. Why is this. Well. Bank Get, 35 total for Karp + Evo. Seems like a steal to me.

[Murderbeast] Magikarp (F)
<Swift Swim>

l
l
l
v

[Murderbeast] Gyarados (F)
<Intimidate>.

I do hate to burst your bubble, but moony and Byrus both have gyarados. Murderbeast is approved, even if she isn't as special as you'd first figured. :/

As for Izzy... seeing as the signature attribute exists to enable the move, I'd sort of like to see what a move approver has to say about it because I'm still sort of mulling over what works/doesn't work. Off the bat, though, I do have to question why moves steel moves (or just waiting around, for that matter) would increment Izzy's metal counter, if the end result is supposed to be actual metal that can be used to construct actual solid objects. Most steel-type attacks seem to make use of steel-type energy, which wouldn't automatically translate into usable raw material; the only such move I can think of off the top of my head is magnet bomb. Something like flash cannon or mirror shot would be especially difficult, seeing as those are mostly harsh reflected light iirc. If the idea is that Izzy is collecting energy, not material, and is then able to make it manifest as usable metal, that should be made clearer.

Additionally, I'm assuming that you mean that all of Izzy's attacks do less damage and cost more energy in that last clause, as opposed to anything involving the opponent; I would also state that more clearly.

(Also, unless Izzy is a new purchase [links went where?], you are aware that, according to your profile, the only riolu you seem to own aside from Amaturasu and Katsubousha is male, right?)

LET'S TRY THIS AGAIN.

[Pankaja] Hennic (M)
Ability:
Serene Grace

All Hennic gain dark brown henna markings shortly after birth; most are mostly similar with a few changed, but sometimes, a young one will gain a marking which is radically different. Pankaja is one such young one, his henna marking much different from those in his litter.

Pankaja bears the sign of a Scorpion on his back, the head facing his tail, and the scorpion's tail curling around his neck, the stinger on his forehead. The Scorpion in henna marks represents protection against evil, and protection against stings. The marks of a Hennic give their power; as such Pankaja has some...unique abilities, but also makes him susceptible to a few things a Bug-Type would be.

Effects: All Dark, Ghost, and Poison attacks do 2% less damage to Pankaja, and the attacker takes 2% untyped damage as recoil. The Pokemon who knocks Pankaja out is also mildly poisoned by the scorpion mark as revenge. Pankaja is considered weak to Fire and Flying type attacks in the same manner as a normal weakness.

I'm not entirely sure what dark and ghost have to do with anything scorpion-like; ghost-type moves wouldn't affect Pankaja anyway, seeing as he's immune, so I'm not sure what you're going for there. And why do attackers take recoil damage in the first place? Is there some sort of visual indication of what's going on (e.g. a phantom scorpion tail strike or something)? A bit more clarification as to the relevance of the chosen effects would be great.

sreservoir: Counting Izzy, six.

I'm not entirely sure what dark and ghost have to do with anything scorpion-like; ghost-type moves wouldn't affect Pankaja anyway, seeing as he's immune, so I'm not sure what you're going for there. And why do attackers take recoil damage in the first place? Is there some sort of visual indication of what's going on (e.g. a phantom scorpion tail strike or something)? A bit more clarification as to the relevance of the chosen effects would be great.

Well, the scorpion marking in henna represents protection from evil/darkness as well as stings, hence the dark/ghost thing. And ghost is just in case something gets past his natural immunity somehow (arena effect, move/item, etc).

I was going for the whole spectral scorpion thing, yeah. I'll add that in.

[Pankaja] Hennic (M)
Ability:
Serene Grace

When the attack causes poison or recoil, a spectral apparition of a scorpion tail doles out the effect, starting from Pankaja's forehead and stretching for about 7 feet. The tail lashes out a split second after the attack hits/Pankaja is drained of energy.

I do hate to burst your bubble, but moony and Byrus both have gyarados. Murderbeast is approved, even if she isn't as special as you'd first figured. :/

As for Izzy... seeing as the signature attribute exists to enable the move, I'd sort of like to see what a move approver has to say about it because I'm still sort of mulling over what works/doesn't work. Off the bat, though, I do have to question why moves steel moves (or just waiting around, for that matter) would increment Izzy's metal counter, if the end result is supposed to be actual metal that can be used to construct actual solid objects. Most steel-type attacks seem to make use of steel-type energy, which wouldn't automatically translate into usable raw material; the only such move I can think of off the top of my head is magnet bomb. Something like flash cannon or mirror shot would be especially difficult, seeing as those are mostly harsh reflected light iirc. If the idea is that Izzy is collecting energy, not material, and is then able to make it manifest as usable metal, that should be made clearer.

Additionally, I'm assuming that you mean that all of Izzy's attacks do less damage and cost more energy in that last clause, as opposed to anything involving the opponent; I would also state that more clearly.

(Also, unless Izzy is a new purchase [links went where?], you are aware that, according to your profile, the only riolu you seem to own aside from Amaturasu and Katsubousha is male, right?)

sreservoir: Counting Izzy, six.

..Aw, crud. ;w; Shows me to be only mildly-observant. Ah well though, not going to stop Murderbeast from murdering faces off, so I'm still surprised there's only three. (Man Murderbeast was a joke-filler name but it's starting to grow on me for some reason)

Anyway: The Steel-type augmentation was sort of a... utility, added to Steel moves in general, since they're often not very worth using. (That, and it gives an amusing switch-in to Steel attacks, teehee~) It's also a play on the in-game effect (I'm assuming you know this entire thing is based off Team Fortress 2 xP ) that the Engineer can pick up dropped weapons to refill his metal. And the innate gain was that he tends to find small amounts in ammo boxes, fallen bits and pieces, and the like. Obviously all that doesn't apply in Pokémon, but I guess I kind of assumed a hammerspace-esque factor. Would it be legit to call it 'Steel-typed Energy transmogrification' or similar?

Oh, and yes, the attack drawback is meant for just Izzy.

And... ffffderp s: I actually thought my existing Riolu was female for some reason, the one who's a gift from Blazhy.
Hmm... Is there anything particularly wrong with an impromptu gender swap? I know it affects Attract and the like, but otherwise it seems mostly aesthetic. Normally I wouldn't really care swapping her to male but Izzy is based off an existing 'character' of mine and is a bit more set. (Plus it promotes my massive 'weakness' to male 'Pokes in general, eheh... (You know we should totally be allowed to set sexuality preferences))

Oh and... there's six? I kind of thought it was just mine (though I still own half of them.. I'm not obsessed honest! <w< ) at least who were 'over the top'. Who else has one? I seem to have missed.. yet again. (I really need to stop being lazy and do that ASB Pokémon census.)

Und KittanKat:
Pankaja looks worked out now based on what was said, and more than balanced. I'm going to give you a good-to-go from my end. :3c

Well, the scorpion marking in henna represents protection from evil/darkness as well as stings, hence the dark/ghost thing. And ghost is just in case something gets past his natural immunity somehow (arena effect, move/item, etc).

I was going for the whole spectral scorpion thing, yeah. I'll add that in.

[Pankaja] Hennic (M)
Ability:
Serene Grace

When the attack causes poison or recoil, a spectral apparition of a scorpion tail doles out the effect, starting from Pankaja's forehead and stretching for about 7 feet. The tail lashes out a split second after the attack hits/Pankaja is drained of energy.

I'm going to overturn Dwagie's approval below real quick just for one last question, after which it should be fine: the mention of ghost moves was in case the immunity is removed, fine, but does anything happen before that point? In other words, does the recoil still occur if Pankaja is immune to the attack, or would it only occur while vulnerable? Clarify that last point and you're good to go.

..Aw, crud. ;w; Shows me to be only mildly-observant. Ah well though, not going to stop Murderbeast from murdering faces off, so I'm still surprised there's only three. (Man Murderbeast was a joke-filler name but it's starting to grow on me for some reason)

Anyway: The Steel-type augmentation was sort of a... utility, added to Steel moves in general, since they're often not very worth using. (That, and it gives an amusing switch-in to Steel attacks, teehee~) It's also a play on the in-game effect (I'm assuming you know this entire thing is based off Team Fortress 2 xP ) that the Engineer can pick up dropped weapons to refill his metal. And the innate gain was that he tends to find small amounts in ammo boxes, fallen bits and pieces, and the like. Obviously all that doesn't apply in Pokémon, but I guess I kind of assumed a hammerspace-esque factor. Would it be legit to call it 'Steel-typed Energy transmogrification' or similar?

Oh, and yes, the attack drawback is meant for just Izzy.

And... ffffderp s: I actually thought my existing Riolu was female for some reason, the one who's a gift from Blazhy.
Hmm... Is there anything particularly wrong with an impromptu gender swap? I know it affects Attract and the like, but otherwise it seems mostly aesthetic. Normally I wouldn't really care swapping her to male but Izzy is based off an existing 'character' of mine and is a bit more set. (Plus it promotes my massive 'weakness' to male 'Pokes in general, eheh... (You know we should totally be allowed to set sexuality preferences))

Oh and... there's six? I kind of thought it was just mine (though I still own half of them.. I'm not obsessed honest! <w< ) at least who were 'over the top'. Who else has one? I seem to have missed.. yet again. (I really need to stop being lazy and do that ASB Pokémon census.)

I guessed that it was based on TF2, yes, but I'm not familiar with that game at all. Clarifying it as a collection of energy would be a step in the right direction, yes, because I really doubt Negrek would agree with actual metal being apparent on any and all fields and being able to be stored in hammerspace.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with the gender switch, but I don't know if it's allowed and, again, you'd have to ask Negrek. I'd guess that it isn't, as in the pre-explosion version of ASB there was a section of a business where you had to actually pay to change your pokémon's gender. Said business obviously no longer exists, though, so I don't know whether she's changed her policy on whether or not that should be allowed.

You have three, Mike has one based on TWEWY, Summergale has one that I'm fairly certain is based on Mass Effect (moar games Kratos doesn't know, derp), and Sage Noctowl has one based on knights or something.

oooh, okay. Yeah I'm gunna say that it doesn't.

[Pankaja] Hennic (M)
Ability:
Serene Grace

Effects: All Dark, Ghost, and Poison attacks do 2% less damage to Pankaja, and the attacker takes 2% untyped damage as recoil. While Pankaja is still immune to Ghost attacks, the recoil attack from that type attack doesn't occur. The Pokemon who knocks Pankaja out is also mildly poisoned by the scorpion mark as revenge. Pankaja is considered weak to Fire and Flying type attacks in the same manner as a normal weakness.

oooh, okay. Yeah I'm gunna say that it doesn't.

[Pankaja] Hennic (M)
Ability:
Serene Grace

Effects: All Dark, Ghost, and Poison attacks do 2% less damage to Pankaja, and the attacker takes 2% untyped damage as recoil. While Pankaja is still immune to Ghost attacks, the recoil attack from that type attack doesn't occur. The Pokemon who knocks Pankaja out is also mildly poisoned by the scorpion mark as revenge. Pankaja is considered weak to Fire and Flying type attacks in the same manner as a normal weakness.

All right, thanks. Approved.

...I guess I was under the impression that it ignored status moves (especially since a lot of status moves ignore type-related effectiveness anyway--see confuse ray working on normal-types), but it doesn't say that anywhere, does it. Meh. BRCB, if you wouldn't mind...?

hrml. Well then! While I wait for Negrek, let's have another one~

vespiquen
[Ben] Vespiquen (F)
<Pressure>

Signature Move: My God Bees
Type: Bug / Stat: Weather / Base Damage: N/A / Accuracy: N/A / Target: Field / Energy: 4% / Duration: Weather Duration​

Ben, naturally, as a queen bee, holds unquestionable power over legions of lesser insects – It’s all in the pheromones, man. What separates Ben from other queen bees is her knowledge in messing with the heads of bugs from outside her hive. A hint of warrior pheromone, a dash of worker, and some rose hips for flavour – and every stingy, bitey, buzzy irritating little thing in a five kilometre radius will be swarming the general area in no time flat, sure to make any opponent say ‘Bees. My God.’
As soon as Ben releases the veritable chemical cocktail, the swarm of insects will become so dense they literally block out the sun, causing them to act not unlike a sandstorm made of BEEEEEEEEEES. No doubt miffed at such a false alarm, they will proceed to sting, bite, and fly up the noses of every applicable non-insectoid unlucky enough to be caught in such a mess, until they get bored and forget what they were doing. The swarm will inflict damage similar to other harsh weather effects for its duration, with the exception of to Bug-types, as well as Fire-types. (Whose natural smoky aroma and body heat will effectively repel any attacks.) In addition, all Bug-types, feeling right at home in such a group situation, will enjoy the benefits of their opponents being more apt to swat at their own faces than their prime antagonist, and receive an effective defence boost of 1.5x.
Because the swarm is so dense, the light above is literally blocked out from the field below – and the moves Moonlight and Sunny Day will only heal up to 33% while under its effects, and Solar Beam’s power is halved. In addition, visibility will be difficult through any Pokémon caught in the swarm – and this will only be worse for those with a natural fear or weakness of Bug-types due to their typing.
If Ben holds the item ‘Rose Incense’, its flowery scent will keep the swarm enticed for even longer, and will act as a pseudo ‘Weather Rock’ extending the amount of time the move is in play. And finally, the insects will be highly adverse to the likes of exceptionally strong sun, sudden heavy rain, a roaring sandstorm, or giant hunks of ice falling from the sky – causing other weather effects to cancel this move out. Ben may re-use this move, however, causing the insects to swoop right into harm’s way regardless, and even proceed to block it out any offending weather so that it is possible to cancel them, as well.

-Effects-​
Causes a veritable storm of small insects, which will bite, sting, and otherwise buffet any non Bug- or Fire-types in the vicinity. The swarm will cause constant damage per action similar to Hail or Sandstorm effects to those not immune. In addition, Bug-types will receive an effective bonus modifier of 1.5x Defence during this move's effect. Moonlight and Sunny Day will only heal up to 33% max, and Solar Beam’s power will be weakened, as well as visibility being cut – particularly for opponents weak to the Bug-type.
The item ‘Rose Incense’ will act as a Weather Rock for this move, increasing the duration it is active slightly. The move acts as any other Weather move, and can cancel- and be cancelled by other weather moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom