• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

[Red Lightning]Scizor(M)
Ability: Swarm

Signature Attribute: None

Signature Move: Crystal Wing

Red Lightning is very proud of his wings. Due to the need, he also uses them to regulate his bodt temperature. However, he has found a way to protect his wings.

Red Lightning flaps his wings at high speeds, and the heat created is strong enough to break some ionic bonds. Thus Carbonate Ions are created around his wings. These Carbonate Ions then bond with the unreacted Iron Ions attarcted to his wings. This forms Iron Carbonate, a Gold/Brown Crystal that covers the wings.

This Crystal will cover his wings, until it is damaged. The crystal can take 10% damage, before it breaks.

Type: Rock / Status / Base Damage - 0% / Accuracy - -% / Target - Self / Energy - 8% / Duration - Effects - Until Damaged

Effects - Red Lightning can no longer fly, and his speed is reduced by 1. All attacks targeting his wings do 2% less damage, while all attacks using his wings do an extra 2% damage. All of these effects are negated when the crstal is broken.

Usage Gap - Once Per Opponent

You're never going to get enough heat to break ionic bonds by flapping your wings. The point of scizor's wings, in terms of temperature regulation, is to cool, not heat, in any case.

The effects are fine, but the description doesn't work for me at all. You might be better off going with something about extending the metallic covering on his body to armor his wings as well.

Gnar the Duskull (M)
Ability: Levitate

Signature Attribute: Gamma Ray Corruption

You might think that a creepy lava monster laying eggs at a nuclear dump site would not be the best of ideas, but with predator boons and lake expansions in the Hoenn reigon, mothering Magcargo had no choice but to make do with what they could. Thankfully for the small herd (if that's the term to use for a group of Magcargo), no Slugma exhibited odd traits at birth, such as limbs or unusual ailments.

Now, you may be wondering what a baby Slugma might have to do with my Gnar. Well, it just so happens that a trainer caught and raised this Slugma, enticing it with visions of fame and glory, Hoenn League Champion dreams. So, naturally, a lot of training ensued.

One day, as a Magcargo, this particular trainer came across a wild Dusclops, and ordered his now-faithful servant to use a Flamethrower. But the Magcargo did something no one could have seen: It unleashed a compressed burst of gamma ray energy at the Dusclops, KOing it on the spot and nearly claiming its (semi-nonexistent) life. And, immediately sensing its own...ill fate, the Magcargo ran away from the life of grandeur to comfort the Dusclops. Then, something unexpected (but cliche) happened: The two fell in love.

The child was, of course, my Duskull. But it came imbued with a little slice of the energy that was that Magcargo's power. But, with the proper diet and excersize (and a little willingness to utterly destroy others with radiation poisoning), Gnar is perfectly content, and so am I!

Effects: Gnar is imbibed with some (incredibly high-frequency) gamma ray energy, so any contact attack Gnar uses has a 5% chance of badly poisoning and mildly burning the target. Contact attacks used against Gnar have a 5% chance of badly poisoning the attacker. However, if a projectile attack is used against Gnar, there is a 5% chance that it will scramble some gamma particles and cause mild burning for Gnar. The gamma ray particles bouncing around inside him cause him to get jumpy, making dodging easier for him (he has a permanent +1 boost to evasion). However, the move Double Team costs an extra 1% energy per two clones, and the move Substitute costs an extra 3% energy, because he can't concentrate as effectively to use those moves. Finally, if Gnar uses a recovery move of any sort (direct or indirect, including Chills), the gamma particles interfere with the healing process and deal him 1% damage.

Pick either burn or poisoning to cause upon contact, eliminate evasion modifier. You can also remove the detriment to double team.

Gnar the Duskull (M)

You might think that a creepy lava monster laying eggs at a nuclear dump site would not be the best of ideas, but with predator boons and lake expansions in the Hoenn reigon, mothering Magcargo had no choice but to make do with what they could. Thankfully for the small herd (if that's the term to use for a group of Magcargo), no Slugma exhibited odd traits at birth, such as limbs or unusual ailments.

Now, you may be wondering what a baby Slugma might have to do with my Gnar. Well, it just so happens that a trainer caught and raised this Slugma, enticing it with visions of fame and glory, Hoenn League Champion dreams. So, naturally, a lot of training ensued.

One day, as a Magcargo, this particular trainer came across a wild Dusclops, and ordered his now-faithful servant to use a Flamethrower. But the Magcargo did something no one could have seen: It unleashed a compressed burst of gamma ray energy at the Dusclops, KOing it on the spot and nearly claiming its (semi-nonexistent) life. And, immediately sensing its own...ill fate, the Magcargo ran away from the life of grandeur to comfort the Dusclops. Then, something unexpected (but cliche) happened: The two fell in love.

The child was, of course, my Duskull. But it came imbued with a little slice of the energy that was that Magcargo's power. But, with the proper diet and excersize (and a little willingness to utterly destroy others with radiation poisoning), Gnar is perfectly content, and so am I!

Effects: Gnar is imbibed with some (incredibly high-frequency) gamma ray energy, so any contact attack Gnar uses has a 5% chance of badly poisoning the target. Contact attacks used against Gnar have a 5% chance of badly poisoning the attacker. However, if a projectile attack is used against Gnar, there is a 5% chance that it will scramble some gamma particles and cause mild burning for Gnar. The gamma ray particles bouncing around inside him cause him to get jumpy. However, the move Substitute costs an extra 3% energy, because he can't concentrate as effectively to use it. Finally, if Gnar uses a recovery move of any sort (direct or indirect, including Chills), the gamma particles interfere with the healing process and deal him 1% damage.
----
Thanks for the edits. If I can, may I up the poison percent chance for Gnar using contact attacks to 7%? If not, I'm OK as is.

Gnar the Duskull (M)

Effects: Gnar is imbibed with some (incredibly high-frequency) gamma ray energy, so any contact attack Gnar uses has a 5% chance of badly poisoning the target. Contact attacks used against Gnar have a 5% chance of badly poisoning the attacker. However, if a projectile attack is used against Gnar, there is a 5% chance that it will scramble some gamma particles and cause mild burning for Gnar. The gamma ray particles bouncing around inside him cause him to get jumpy. However, the move Substitute costs an extra 3% energy, because he can't concentrate as effectively to use it. Finally, if Gnar uses a recovery move of any sort (direct or indirect, including Chills), the gamma particles interfere with the healing process and deal him 1% damage.
----
Thanks for the edits. If I can, may I up the poison percent chance for Gnar using contact attacks to 7%? If not, I'm OK as is.
At this level of evolution, I would say no. Approved as stated, though.

Although it's "imbued," not "imbibed."

Starting team is go!

[Spitfire] Torchic (Female)

[Gnasher] Trapinch (Male)
Ability: Hyper Cutter

[Edge] Ledyba (Male)

$40 altogether.

Last edited:

Starting team is go!

[Edge] Ledyba (Male)

$40 altogether.

the first post said:
The list of prices in the "Purchasing Pokémon" section below applies to the purchase of your initial team with one exception: you may choose to take up to one of the traditional starter pokémon as a rarity-three choice instead of rarity seven. Each starter you purchase after the initial one counts as rarity seven, however. Also, please note that eevee is NOT a traditional starter pokémon and therefore cannot be obtained as a rarity-three selection.

You only have to pay $25, not $40.

[Edge] Ledyba (Male)

25 it is.

[Moonbeam] Hoothoot (M)
Ability: Insomnia
Move Mod: None
Body Mod: None

[Sherile] Absol (F)
Ability: Super Luck

Cost: $35

Paid for here.

Last edited:

[Moonbeam] Hoothoot (M)
Ability: Insomnia

[Sherile] Absol (F)
Ability: Super Luck

Cost: $35

Paid for here.

Link directly to the individual posts next time (use the little number in the corner of each post), but approved.

Quick question.

If I buy a pokemon here, would it go to my team or my PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom