• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Few problems with this. First of all, hair growth that dramatic isn't going to be seen in a single generation, or even just a few. You could argue that evolution (of the descent-with-modification sort) occurs much faster in pokémon than in conventional animals, but it would be better to have Dolly just a descendant of the mountain mareep tribe, rather than one of its original members.

Seven inches of hair growth is going to be pretty ridiculous on a pokémon under two feet in length. Dolly will literally be transformed into a ball of yellow, without even feet or a head visible. The tail would probably still show, but that's about it. Seriously, it doesn't need to be that dramatic. It's probably better that it not be, because the effects you have listed for it are way, way too powerful. For that many effects, and at the basic stage, you're going to be able to swing health or energy by 1%, maybe 2% at most.

I meant that it happened over many generations, but I guess it wasn't clear.

[Dolly] Mareep(F)
Ability: Static
Signature Attribute: Warm Coat

A long, long time ago, there was a large flock of Mareep, Flaaffy, and Ampharos that lived peacefully in a valley. One day, several young Mareep and Flaaffy grew curious of strange white things on the nearby mountain. The Mareep and Flaaffy asked their parents what it was, but they replied that they had never been up the mountains. The Mareep and Flaaffy grew so curious of the white things that they decided to sneak up there to find out what it was. When the rest of the flock discovered their absence, although many in the flock were concerned, none of the Ampharos was brave enough to find what had happened to the Mareep and Flaaffy.
The white substance the Mareep and Flaffy discovered was something they had never seen before. It was cold, but it tasted like water and was fun to roll around in. They realized that they liked living in the mountain better than living in the valley. There wasn't much grass, but neither were there other Pokemon to share it with. They loved rolling around in and eating the snow. Best of all, there were no Ampharos to boss them around.
Each winter after that was slightly colder, and the new flock's wool became slightly warmer. After many years, the Mareep's wool was two to four inches thicker, the Flaffy's wool covered their whole body except for their limbs, head, and tail, and even the Ampharos had some wool on their backs. The structure of their wool was much better at absorbing heat, keeping them warm through the winter. It also protected them when they tumbled off the steep cliffs. Although it was also more flammable, there weren't any fires so it didn't affect them.
Recently, the grass on the mountain completely died out, forcing the flock to travel down the mountain and live there again with the other flock. After hearing the other flock's stories about Pokemon battling, one adventurous Mareep decided to go to the Anime-Style Battling Leauge, where she now belongs to greategret.
Effects: Dolly's wool is 3 inches thicker than other Mareeps, and is more cushiony and warm. All physical attacks except Ice and Fire-type that hit Dolly's wool do 1% less damage. All Ice attacks do 2% less damage and Dolly does not take damage from Hail. All Fire attacks do 1% more damage and are twice as likely to cause a burn because of Dolly's flammable wool. Mareep takes 1% damage every turn from Sunny Day. Dolly can store more electricity in its wool, so all electric attacks do 2% more damage and use 1% less energy.

Fine except for the last effect: you can give either a 1% bonus to electric damage or reduce energy cost for electric attacks by 1%.\

Also was going to post an attribute of my own, but then I realized that we still don't have anyone else for that position. Any interest in the job?

Edit: If so, PM me about it.

[Visa] Venusaur (Male)
Ability: Overgrow
Body Mod: Poison Flower

Ever since Visa was born, he has overactive glands that excrete too many venomous spores, which are usually used in the move, PoisonPowder. The spores usually collects together at the base of the petals on his back.

Due to be being part Poison-Type, this doesn't really bother Visa, however, when the large amount of movement in a battle causes the spores to become loose and float off of Visa, in small clusters.

This means that after 3 rounds, the spores become loose, and begin to float. If a cluster touch another Pokemon there is a 5% chance that the Pokemon will become Poisoned. The Health loss is limited to 1% per time, however each time the Pokemon comes in contact with more spores he/she/it takes another 1% damage from the poison. This damage cannot inflict more than 5% damage per round.

[Incinerati]Chimchar(F)
Ability: Blaze
Sig Move: Flame Whispers

A Chimchar is much more special than a Charmander in that the flame on a Chimchar's tail never goes out. Incinerati noticed this early, being born in a rainier part of the League's (massive) domain. She loved how her flame could withstand anything (even if she couldn't, crawling into a Seviper's hollow for fun not being the smartest of ideas), but she especially loved the wind. She quickly learned to use the wind to make her seem more intimidating, and generally incorporated it into her battle style. She is so fond of it that when she is high enough on health, and there is wind present, she can burn her flame much brighter and use her friend and enemy the wind to cause some hurt.

Incinerati burns combustible gases much faster, causing the flame on her rear to double in size and intensity. If she's indoors, nothing huge happens, but if it's outdoors, the wind carries traces of this huge fire into the air, potentially burning anything in her way. The traces of fire will not induce a Sunny Day effect, but will prolong the duration of an ongoing one or cut short the duration of non-sunny weathers. Due to the huge amounts of burning, Incinerati will receive an attack boost for Fire-type moves.

Type: Flying/Stat: Special/Base Damage: 3%/Accuracy: 88%/Target: Self+All except self/Energy: 10%
Effects: Incinerati burns gas much faster, giving her a +2 damage boost to all Fire-type moves for 3 actions. If she is indoors or wind cannot possibly reach her, nothing else happens (however, the damage boost does). If she can be reached by wind, however, it picks up and carries traces of flame around the arena, with a 20% chance of burning whomever it hits. If outdoors and Sunny Day is in effect, the Sunny Day will last for two more actions. If Rain Dance or Hail is in effect, it loses an action. Incinerati is unable to perform this move if Blaze is in effect.
Usage Gap: Seven actions after the attack boost fades.

Grass King

This is very vague. So the spores come off Visa, but where do they go? How is the referee supposed to determine where they go and whether a pokémon comes into contact with them? Is only one cloud released, or is it one cloud every three rounds? And the poison status--is this something different than normal poison, since the rest of the paragraph seems to imply that damage is only taken off each time the pokémon enters a cloud, in which case why call it a poison status at all? Or is that "time" a typo for "turn" (I hope not), in which case you surely mean either action or round? And if so, does that mean that each time a pokémon enters a cloud of spores and hits the 5% "poison" chance, the damage dealt by that poison is increased by one?

MurrMurr

The type is... flying? The attack description doesn't make it sound like Incinerati is creating wind, only using what is already there. How do traces of fire on the wind prolong sunny day or cancel other weather?

Target should be "All Others" because although the effects are universal, the damage only applies to other pokémon (I'm guessing). Otherwise it would be "All." Is the +2 boost equivalent to an extra stat raise on fire attacks or a simple 2% damage bonus? What is the duration for this attack?

[Whirlpool] Piplup (Female)
Ability: Torrent
Move Mod: None
Body Mod: None

$45- 10 =$35

[Rio] Riolu (Male)
Ability: Inner Focus
Body Mod:None

$35-20= $15

I did do that right, didn't I?

Last edited:

In the future, do not edit your post; instead, repost with the appropriate changes.

[Whirlpool] Piplup (Female)

$45- 10 =$35

[Rio] Riolu (Male)

$35-20= $15

I did do that right, didn't I?
Team approved.

Just don't do it in the future.

[Valour] Spraylet (Female)

$45- 10 =$35

[Storm] Bagon (Female)

$35-25= $10

Bank.

Spraylet is not a traditional starter and is not eligible for the initial $10 price.

[Valour] Spraylet (Female)

$45- 25 =$20

[Storm] Charmander (Female)
Ability: Blaze

$20-10= $10

Bank.

Ah, crap. That's okay, then?

WAITWAITWAIT you said in the Dex Registry that new Pokémon weren't available for purchase until the creator had two complete battles. I've only finished one, so Spraylet shouldn't have been added to the list. Unless the now-invisible battles from the forum's previous vB incarnation magically count, that is.

Eh, I thought you had. I can take it off the list for now, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom