• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

[Dreamcatcher] Munchlax (Male)
Ability: Thick Fat

[Harbinger] Duskull (Male)
Ability: Levitate

[Sharkbait] Carvahna (Female)
Ability: Rough Skin

Word Bank account!

Attribute on my Ralts:

[Vilya] ralts (f)
Ability: Synchronize

Signature Attribute: Envy of Birds
Vilya has, since her childhood, watched birds, and envied their freedom in the air, their ability to fly to any place that strikes their fancy. When a Xatu on its migration flight came, she asked it how it flied, and how she could fly as well It could not help her with the flying, but told her it was possible, though that she would have to find her own way.
Knowing that it was possible was possible was half the battle; after many attempts, a workable method was found - using psychic power to lift from the ground. This, practiced many times, became almost effortless for Vilya, such that she now remain suspended in the air whenever possible.
Spending far too much time in the air has caused not being in the air to feel uncomfortable, which happens when some power interferes with the psychic power keeping Vilya afloat.

Effects: Vilya is treated as inherently hovering / consentually flying, but falls to the ground when hit by dark-type special moves (physical moves generally don't radiate energy) or about 2 meters from a dark-type. Falling from the sky results in (altitude / 2m)% HP damage, rounded down. Each action spent on the ground requires 1% energy.

Sorry, but you're not going to be able to add what is effectively the levitate ability and the option of flight for such a small drawback.

Attribute on my Ralts:

[Vilya] ralts (f)

Vilya has, since her childhood, watched birds, and envied their freedom in the air, their ability to fly to any place that strikes their fancy. When a Xatu on its migration flight came, she asked it how it flied, and how she could fly as well It could not help her with the flying, but told her it was possible, though that she would have to find her own way.
Knowing that it was possible was possible was half the battle; after many attempts, a workable method was found - using psychic power to lift from the ground. This, practiced many times, became almost effortless for Vilya, such that she now remain suspended in the air whenever possible.
Spending far too much time in the air has caused not being in the air to feel uncomfortable, which happens when some power interferes with the psychic power keeping Vilya afloat.

Effects: Vilya is treated as inherently hovering / consentually flying, but falls to the ground when hit by dark-type special moves (physical moves generally don't radiate energy) or about 2 meters from a dark-type. Falling from the sky results in (altitude / 2m)% HP damage, rounded down. Each action spent on the ground requires 1% energy.

I don't quite buy that a physical attack wouldn't knock her down but being within two meters of a Dark-type would; most refs describe moves like Crunch or Night Slash as being infused with Dark-type energy, after all, and I'm really not sure why there'd be much of a difference (the fire shot from a Flamethrower or surrounding a Fire Punch is still just fire, after all).

Wherever it comes from, how long does the effect of the dark energy last? Is she grounded for a certain number of actions? Can she go back to her inherently hovering state, and does it cost extra energy to do so? I can see her being grounded for however long she's within the two meters of a Dark-type, but presumably the energy from, say, Dark Pulse isn't going to hang around her forever. (I suppose that might also depend on the ref's interpretation of the Dark-type move in question, but...)

And I think the additional energy cost for remaining on the ground could be increased a bit, especially depending on how easy it is for her to get back into the air after being grounded. Presumably you won't be using Vilya against a Dark-type wherever you have the choice, so it isn't likely that the two meter condition will be met very often, and if the Dark energy given off by an attack doesn't keep her grounded permanently... I guess what I'm trying to say is that, unless your opponent spams Dark Pulse or something throughout the entire match Vilya isn't going to be on the ground for very long at all, and an extra 1% energy/action for so few actions doesn't seem like enough of a drawback for giving a Ralts Levitate and the ability to fly whenever it likes.

Lastly, since Vilya is still a first-stage Pokémon, a maximum altitude for her to be able to ascend to might be a good idea.

Clarify the things I asked about first, and then if necessary we can tweak the drawbacks and limitations a little bit. It shouldn't need all of them depending on what the clarifications look like, but we'll see.

Also, for me (dammit Walker, make me a liar why don't you):

[Reshef] Shinx (M) <Intimidate>
Move Mod: Old TM (Counter)

1 2

[Leonardo da Vinci] Smeargle (M)
Ability: Own Tempo

Current Moves (4/20 Sketched):
Tail Whip
DoubleSlap
Iron Tail
Protect
Sketch

Bank

Probably overcorrected for (in exactly the wrong ways) and even less clear, with limited explanation or justification, but oh well:

[Vilya] ralts (f)

Knowing that it was possible was possible was half the battle; after many attempts, a workable method was found - using psychic power to lift from the ground. This, practiced many times, became almost effortless for Vilya, such that she now remain suspended in the air whenever possible. Being out of practice at getting back up, this requires extra energy.

Effects: Vilya is treated as inherently hovering / consentually flying, with maximum altitude 20 m but falls to the ground and stays there for a 3 actions when hit by dark-type moves, powerful moves to which or about 2 meters from a dark-type. She also falls when subject to a powerful (causing >11% damage or so without applying effectiveness) move to which a psychic/flying-type would have a weakness to. Falling from the sky results in (altitude / 2m)% HP damage, rounded down. Each action spent on the ground drains energy by the triangle number formula (x*(x-1)/2) capped at 9%. Returning to the hovering state requires 6% energy. Special moves require 1% extra energy, and if damaging, do 1% less damage.

Last edited:

[Epona] Rapidash (F) <Levitate>
Signature move: Haunted Guard

Epona is a fiercely protective horse. She will not allow anyone she considers a friend to come to harm—and if they do, all hell will break lose, quite literally.

Once angered, a bright white aura spreads from Epona and surrounds her. The light is so bright that opponents can hardly bare to look at her for fear of being blinded. She then lunges at the opponent and thrashes out at them with her hooves and horn until her rage is calmed.
After the initial strike the white aura grows much weaker; though it’s still visible, it wouldn’t blind anyone.

If Epona has any teammates, the white aura spreads to them as well, connecting all teammates. The aura starts off weak—not strong enough to blind anyone, that is—but each time the Pokémon is attacked, the aura glows bright again and the Pokémon enters a short rage, thrashing and kicking as Epona did. This replaces whatever attack they were supposed to use unless said attack can be combined with Haunted Guard, i.e. Façade would work while Attract would not. If the two attacks are combined, it does not count as two actions, since Haunted Guard was used by Epona and the Pokémon is merely counter-attacking.

In order for Haunted Guard to be used, either herself or one of her teammates must have their health at 50% or lower. This attack can still be used in a single battle, but there will be no counterattacks.

Type: Ghost / Stat: Physical / Damage: 10% initial attack, 5% counterattacks / Accuracy: 95% / Target: Single / Energy: 6% initial attack; 2% counterattacks / Effects: Epona or one of her teammates must be at 50% health or lower for her to use Haunted Guard; each time the aura glows brightly, any opponent that looks at the aura’s accuracy goes down by 1; each time a Pokémon counterattacks, their attack goes up by 1. The opponents' accuracy cannot fall below -6 and Epona's teammate's attack may never rise above +6. / Duration: 1 action for initial attack, 3 rounds for counter-attacks / Usage Gap: 3 rounds from end of all effects

Body Mod: Fire/Ghost
+ Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak, Confuse Ray
- Tail Whip, Growl

1 2

Last edited:

sreservoir

...powerful moves to which or about 2 meters from a dark-type.
I don't know what you're saying with this. Do you mean that she falls if she's within two meters of a dark type?

20 m is waaay too high for a little ralts to fly. That's probably around the range of an actual fly attack. More like five or six meters max.

How about this: instead of making the energy drain related to how long Vilya is on the ground, make it based on how long she is hovering or in the air. It doesn't make sense that she would constantly lose energy while on the ground--it's not like she's holding herself there, especially if she's got to spend energy to get back into the air again. The drop in effectiveness for special attacks isn't explained in the present description, either.

Whivit

I don't see where the attack raise is coming from out of the sig move's description. Also, decrease the duration to five actions.

[Dreamcatcher] Munchlax (Male)
Ability: Thick Fat

[Harbinger] Duskull (Male)
Ability: Levitate

[Sharkbait] Carvahna (Female)
Ability: Rough

Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom