• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Shinx is evolving! EXP 1 - EXP 2

[Thor] Luxio (M)
Ability: Intimidate
Original Approval

Signature Attribute: Ancient Species

Thor is actually a reanimated Pokemon, recreated from a fossil found in the Sinnoh Underground. However, the fossil was from an ancestor of Luxio, a Luxilodon, a close family relative, with a key difference. Luxilodon have a pair of large saber-like teeth. The longest recorded length of a Luxilodon's canine teeth is 5 inches. However, the Luxilodon's natural instincts are also present. If he is severely weakened, then his hunting instincts take control, causing him to randomly attack the opponent with his fangs.

Effects: Thor is a Luxilodon. An ancestor of Luxio with two large canine teeth. All attacks that involve Thor using his fangs/teeth, have their final damage increased by 1%, and have their accuracy increased by 5%, due to Thor's large teeth being more likely to git them. However, when Thor's health and/or energy falls below 10%, he will ignore orders and use a random biting attack.

I'd like a Signature Attribute on my Doduo.

[Dodo] Doduo
Signature Attribute: Two Brain
Most Doduo are born with two identical brains. These brains communicate using psychic power, thinking the same thought. However, on occasion, Doduo can have non identical brains, allowing them to think different thoughts at the same time. Dodo is one of these rare breeds. This allows them to let only one head do an attack. However, the heads do not always get along.

Effects: Dodo, when commanded to, can fire a projectile attack from one head only instead of both, using half the energy and dealing half the damage it normally would, rounded up. There is a 5% chance each action that the heads will argue, not doing anything.

Last edited:

Phanel really does have enough experience to evolve, though. 2 + 2 + 3 = 7, enough to evolve into Alakazam.

Alakazam Phanel (M) [Synchronize]

His signature move has been changed slightly as well.

Signature Move: Tortured Souls of the Dragonslayer

Phanel is more than a little insane. He believes himself to be destined to destroy the entirety of the Dragon element, and indeed has fought against many of them (Gible, Gabite, and Bagon for the Union, and many more before he joined.) His method of killing was not traditional sword-through-the-heart-style, but rather more devious: he would trap their minds in an alternate dimension.

Before his final stage of evolution, Phanel could only send minds to the dimension, and not during battle: he had to have his opponents fainted, and completely at his mercy. But with his evolution to Alakazam came complete understanding of the dimension, and now he is able to call upon the souls trapped within it and force them to do his bidding. They manifest as wisps of concentrated Dragon energy that pour from a portal Phanel opens in midair, and will savage anything they find that is alive until Phanel calls them back. Calling upon the dimension takes a massive toll on Phanel, however, in both energy and health.

Type: Dragon / Damage Type: Special / Base Damage: 15% per action / Energy: 10% per action / Accuracy: 90% / Effects: Unleashes dragon spirits unto the battlefield that attack anything living, or indeed anything that moves. Phanel can keep it open for up to 2 actions but pays 7% health for every action it is open. He then takes an action to close it, during which he cannot do anything else. / Duration: 2-3 actions / Usage Gap: Once per battle

The union is also recruiting another member to our forces.

Rotom Danver [X] (Levitate)

Signature attribute: Phone Forme

Danver has, among the multiple appliances it can possess, a cell phone in addition to the rest. When in Phone Forme, it is able to utilize its signature move. Additionally, due to the lightweight and small nature of the phone, it starts the match one level of evasion higher. However, physical attacks do 2% more to it after calculations.

Signature attribute: Phone Call

Danver functions as the Union's communications device. He can instantaneously contact any of the other Union members in times of need, and shortly afterward they will arrive to help him out in battle and leave.

Type: Normal/Varies / Damage Type: Varies / Base Damage: Varies / Energy: 8% / Accuracy: 90% / Effects: Summons a random union member two turns after the call is made, similar to Future Sight. The Union member performs one attack and then leaves Union members who can come include:
Ganteiana (Flamethrower)
Teropea (Giga Drain)
Waita (Ice Beam)
Phanel (Psychic)
Sarae (Earthquake)
/ Duration: 1 action / Usage Gap: Every four rounds

Bank Link

I'd like to evolve Ramuh, my Abra. Here's the link to the battle where he got the experience.

If that's all alright I'd like to give my new Kadabra a sig attribute as well, if I may:

Signature attribute: Paranormal Power

It is well known that Kadabra have incredible psychic powers. Many have reported strange phenomena happening just as a result of Kadabra being nearby- clocks running backwards, eerie shadows on television screens, people experiencing headaches and so on. Ordinarily these are just useless side-effects. However, this particular Kadabra accidentally exploded a toaster in the middle of using an innocent Kinesis attack and had a brainwave; maybe these accidental psychic powers could be used to his advantage in battle! He trained to amplify these inherent psychic waves until they affected artificial and technology-related Pokémon, sending them berserk and making them weaker merely from being in battle with Kadabra. Of course the effort of putting out these powerful waves is a great strain on Kadabra's other, intentional psychic abilities.

Effects: When battling Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone, Porygon, Porygon2, PorygonZ, Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Bronzor, Bronzong, or any appliance-form Rotom, there is a 10% chance that the Pokémon will be afflicted with Confuse at the start of each round. However the effort of boosting its paranormal PSI-waves causes it to use up 1% extra energy each action (even if idle, sleeping, frozen, flinching, paralysed, or using Chill). On top of this, as the waves are inherently released by all Kadabra they cannot be "switched off", even when they serve no purpose. The waves are also indiscriminate, so any friendly Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone, Porygon, Porygon2, PorygonZ, Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Bronzor, Bronzong or Rotom will stand a chance of being confused also.

(I'm paranoid that that's too unbalanced in one direction or another; sorry if it is.)

Oh oh oh Khao can evolve now! :D

[Khao] Cyndaquil (M)
Ability: Blaze
Signature Move: Volatile Spirit
EXP: Both from here

|
|
v

[Khao] Quilava (M)

Would it be possible to bump down the upkeep of his signature move to 1% per round, and 1% to activate it, now that he's evolved?

Evolution approved; I can't approve sig move changes, though, so wait for Negrek on that.

Shinx is evolving! EXP 1 - EXP 2

[Thor] Luxio (M)
Ability: Intimidate
Original Approval

Signature Attribute: Ancient Species

Thor is actually a reanimated Pokemon, recreated from a fossil found in the Sinnoh Underground. However, the fossil was from an ancestor of Luxio, a Luxilodon, a close family relative, with a key difference. Luxilodon have a pair of large saber-like teeth. The longest recorded length of a Luxilodon's canine teeth is 5 inches. However, the Luxilodon's natural instincts are also present. If he is severely weakened, then his hunting instincts take control, causing him to randomly attack the opponent with his fangs.

Effects: Thor is a Luxilodon. An ancestor of Luxio with two large canine teeth. All attacks that involve Thor using his fangs/teeth, have their final damage increased by 1%, and have their accuracy increased by 5%, due to Thor's large teeth being more likely to git them. However, when Thor's health and/or energy falls below 10%, he will ignore orders and use a random biting attack.

Approved.

I'd like a Signature Attribute on my Doduo.

[Dodo] Doduo
Most Doduo are born with two identical brains. These brains communicate using psychic power, thinking the same thought. However, on occasion, Doduo can have non identical brains, allowing them to think different thoughts at the same time. Dodo is one of these rare breeds. This allows them to let only one head do an attack. However, the heads do not always get along.

Effects: Dodo, when commanded to, can fire a projectile attack from one head only instead of both, using half the energy and dealing half the damage it normally would, rounded up. There is a 5% chance each action that the heads will argue, not doing anything.

You need to use the correct format when getting changes to Pokémon approved. What is Dodo's gender and what is its ability?

The attribute is okay balance-wise, but I'm pretty sure that all Doduo heads can think independently--isn't that in some of the Pokédex entries, how one head is awake and the other sleeps, or one eats and the other watches out, etc.? I mean sure, they're connected and can share thoughts, but I never got the impression that the two heads always thought the exact same thing at the exact same time.

Phanel really does have enough experience to evolve, though. 2 + 2 + 3 = 7, enough to evolve into Alakazam.

His signature move has been changed slightly as well.

The union is also recruiting another member to our forces.

Danver has, among the multiple appliances it can possess, a cell phone in addition to the rest. When in Phone Forme, it is able to utilize its signature move. Additionally, due to the lightweight and small nature of the phone, it starts the match one level of evasion higher. However, physical attacks do 2% more to it after calculations.

Bank Link

Sorry about that; for some reason I remembered Abra needing 8 exp to reach its final stage. The evolution is approved then, as is Rotom and its attribute; wait for Negrek on the sig moves, though, and please just put them directly into the post instead of in quote tags. When you quote a post it deletes any other quotes, and so it makes referring back to things for approval a little awkward.

[Luna] Tsuki F
Body mod: If possible I want the albino one. =3

http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=339544&postcount=1953

How many things go wrong for me here? Too many.

Your bank post links to itself and you forgot the ability again. Also, for the record, the white one is supposed to be the shiny, iirc--not "albino".

Okay. I can't resist anymore. I need one of those Skelitten D':
I'll be taking a Dusk Stone too~

[Zanthous] Skelitten (M)
Ability: Pressure
Body Mod: None
Move Mod: None

And here's the munniez~

Approved.

Buying:

[Ragnarök] Rasqueon (M)
Ability: Anger Point

Monies

Evolving:

[Zigzag] Zigzagoon (F)

into

[Zigzag] Linoone (F)

Experiences

Approved.

I'd like to evolve Ramuh, my Abra. Here's the link to the battle where he got the experience.

If that's all alright I'd like to give my new Kadabra a sig attribute as well, if I may:

It is well known that Kadabra have incredible psychic powers. Many have reported strange phenomena happening just as a result of Kadabra being nearby- clocks running backwards, eerie shadows on television screens, people experiencing headaches and so on. Ordinarily these are just useless side-effects. However, this particular Kadabra accidentally exploded a toaster in the middle of using an innocent Kinesis attack and had a brainwave; maybe these accidental psychic powers could be used to his advantage in battle! He trained to amplify these inherent psychic waves until they affected artificial and technology-related Pokémon, sending them berserk and making them weaker merely from being in battle with Kadabra. Of course the effort of putting out these powerful waves is a great strain on Kadabra's other, intentional psychic abilities.

Effects: When battling Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone, Porygon, Porygon2, PorygonZ, Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Bronzor, Bronzong, or any appliance-form Rotom, there is a 10% chance that the Pokémon will be afflicted with Confuse at the start of each round. However the effort of boosting its paranormal PSI-waves causes it to use up 1% extra energy each action (even if idle, sleeping, frozen, flinching, paralysed, or using Chill). On top of this, as the waves are inherently released by all Kadabra they cannot be "switched off", even when they serve no purpose. The waves are also indiscriminate, so any friendly Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone, Porygon, Porygon2, PorygonZ, Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Bronzor, Bronzong or Rotom will stand a chance of being confused also.

(I'm paranoid that that's too unbalanced in one direction or another; sorry if it is.)

The attribute seems fine to me; you still need to follow the format when getting evolutions and modifications approved (gender, species, ability, etc.).

Oh oh oh Khao can evolve now! :D

[Khao] Cyndaquil (M)
EXP: Both from here

|
|
v

[Khao] Quilava (M)

Would it be possible to bump down the upkeep of his signature move to 1% per round, and 1% to activate it, now that he's evolved?
You may make that change, although I would prefer that you repost the entire move with the suggested changes next time.

Signature Move: Tortured Souls of the Dragonslayer

Phanel is more than a little insane. He believes himself to be destined to destroy the entirety of the Dragon element, and indeed has fought against many of them (Gible, Gabite, and Bagon for the Union, and many more before he joined.) His method of killing was not traditional sword-through-the-heart-style, but rather more devious: he would trap their minds in an alternate dimension.

Before his final stage of evolution, Phanel could only send minds to the dimension, and not during battle: he had to have his opponents fainted, and completely at his mercy. But with his evolution to Alakazam came complete understanding of the dimension, and now he is able to call upon the souls trapped within it and force them to do his bidding. They manifest as wisps of concentrated Dragon energy that pour from a portal Phanel opens in midair, and will savage anything they find that is alive until Phanel calls them back. Calling upon the dimension takes a massive toll on Phanel, however, in both energy and health.

Type: Dragon / Damage Type: Special / Base Damage: 15% per action / Energy: 10% per action / Accuracy: 90% / Effects: Unleashes dragon spirits unto the battlefield that attack anything living, or indeed anything that moves. Phanel can keep it open for up to 2 actions but pays 7% health for every action it is open. He then takes an action to close it, during which he cannot do anything else. / Duration: 2-3 actions / Usage Gap: Once per battle

Signature attribute: Phone Call

Danver functions as the Union's communications device. He can instantaneously contact any of the other Union members in times of need, and shortly afterward they will arrive to help him out in battle and leave.

Type: Normal/Varies / Damage Type: Varies / Base Damage: Varies / Energy: 8% / Accuracy: 90% / Effects: Summons a random union member two turns after the call is made, similar to Future Sight. The Union member performs one attack and then leaves Union members who can come include:
Ganteiana (Flamethrower)
Teropea (Giga Drain)
Waita (Ice Beam)
Phanel (Psychic)
Sarae (Earthquake)
/ Duration: 1 action / Usage Gap: Every four rounds
As Kratos said, it's much preferred that you not put quotes into your approval posts.

You need target information Phanel's sig after the Base Damage parameter. It look as though this move targets all other pokémon on the field, which means that it would be "Target: All," but if it only targets all of Phanel's opponents, it would be "Target: Multiple" instead.

A brief description for Danver's signature attribute is required. What you have there works for the effects section, though. His signature move needs more description is well, particularly with regards to how the attack is executed--where do his teammates appear from and disappear to, for example?

Last edited:

Just for the sake of convenience, I'll repost Khao's signature move. Need the link for my profile at any rate.

[Khao] Cyndaquil (M)

Cyndaquil are known to be cute and meek little Pokemon. Not only are they small and light, they lack any sort of daunting, lethal weapon that would deter predators or other threats. Their only defense is to curl into a black-and-yellowish ball and flare up their back flames at the first sign of danger.

Khao is a special little cookie - he's far from the stereotypical Cyndaquil. From an early age he's loved adventuring into forests, mountain ranges, and the like, driving his mother mad with worry when he disappeared for days at a time. He always came back, of course, perhaps with only a few bruises, but more often than not covered with wounds of varying sizes. The vicious Pokemon in the wilderness simply were not deterred by a small fire on their prey; after all, there are other areas you can bite or scratch without burning yourself.

Now, Khao was worried that one day, he would run into a particularly fierce Pokemon that would claw him to pieces, back-fire or no. Of course, he figured, the only way to completely deter them was to cover his entire body in flame. No-one would want to bite through a coat of white-hot fire for such a small morsel.

In the beginning, he had no success whatsoever. The flames stubbornly stayed on his back, no matter what he did. Eventually, he found that, by concentrating more energy in his back, he could make the blaze larger and hotter. Finally, after months upon months of practicing, he perfected the technique of swathing his entire body in flame. It took a fair amount of energy, and he wasn't immune to his own flames, but he was satisfied with his progress for now.

Type: Fire / Damage: n/a / Target: Self / Accuracy: 100% / Energy: 1% to activate, 1% for every round it is activated / Duration: For the rest of the battle, or until Khao falls below 30% energy.
Effects: After Khao has been sent out, he may use an action to activate his attribute. It doesn't matter which action it is - it can be the 1st action, it can be activated during the fifth round, whatever. From then on, Khao has the ability Flame Body in addition to all other abilities. It cannot be switched off from that point on, though if Khao ever falls below 30% energy he simply becomes too exhausted to keep up the fire, and it will fade away. Even if energy is restored so that he climbs above 30% energy once more, he won't be able to activate it again. On the flipside, the flames will intensify if he's in great danger - that is, less than 15% healt - so any Pokemon that makes contact with him, friend or foe, will suffer 1% fire-type damage.

After evolution, Khao became more familiar with his own element, and thus became more conservative with his signature move. As a result, the energy upkeep for his move was cut in half.

Obviously, the flames require energy to maintain, and it costs 1% energy per round to maintain this state. Finally, even Khao is not immune to his own fire, so he'll also take 1% damage every round his attribute is active.
Usage Gap: Once per battle

The attribute seems fine to me; you still need to follow the format when getting evolutions and modifications approved (gender, species, ability, etc.).

[Ramuh] Abra (M)
Ability: Synchronize
Approval
->
[Ramuh] Kadabra (M)
Synchronize

experience

Like that? (I saw someone else had put an approval link when evolving so I thought I'd take the initiative and do that too to avoid any more messing up ^^;)

Also, if that's ok now, I was wondering if there was any chance I could tweak my sig attribute slightly, because I thought about it and realised its effect seems way too specific to a small number of Pokémon my opponent might not even have, or in any case may just opt not to fight me with, and there are three limitations but just one advantage. I was thinking since Ramuh can control electrical appliances, I thought maybe he could have a slight resistance (say, 2%) to all electrical moves, or can lower Electric moves' accuracy by 5% or so. I'm happy to accept it as it is now if that would unbalance it at all/it's been approved and I'm not allowed to alter it, though.
I'll post the changed version in advance, in case that alteration is acceptable.

[Ramuh] Kadabra (M)

It is well known that Kadabra have incredible psychic powers. Many have reported strange phenomena happening just as a result of Kadabra being nearby- clocks running backwards, eerie shadows on television screens, people experiencing headaches and so on. Ordinarily these are just useless side-effects. However, this particular Kadabra accidentally exploded a toaster in the middle of using an innocent Kinesis attack and had a brainwave; maybe these accidental psychic powers could be used to his advantage in battle! He trained to amplify these inherent psychic waves until they affected artificial and technology-related Pokémon, sending them berserk and making them weaker merely from being in battle with Ramuh. Of course the effort of putting out these powerful waves is a great strain on the Kadabra's other, intentional psychic abilities.

Effects: When battling Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone, Porygon, Porygon2, PorygonZ, Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Bronzor, Bronzong, or any appliance-form Rotom, there is a 10% chance that the Pokémon will be afflicted with Confuse at the start of each round. The waves also have an ability to weakly control electrical currents, meaning that every Electric-type attack aimed at Ramuh has its accuracy reduced by 5%. However the effort of boosting its paranormal PSI-waves causes it to use up 1% extra energy each action (even if idle, sleeping, frozen, flinching, paralysed, or using Chill). On top of this, as the waves are inherently released by all Kadabra they cannot be "switched off", even when they serve no purpose. The waves are also indiscriminate, so any friendly Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone, Porygon, Porygon2, PorygonZ, Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Bronzor, Bronzong or Rotom will stand a chance of being confused also.

Last edited:

Sapphire Version Pokedex said:
Doduo's two heads contain completely identical brains. A scientific study reported that on rare occasions, there will be examples of this Pokemon possessing different sets of brains.
Diamond Version Pokedex said:
The brains in its two heads appear to communicate emotions to each other with telepathic power.
I was basing the Attribute on these Pokedex entries. Doduo can think independently, but but have a psychic link that allows the two brains to co-operate on things like attack perfectly. I assumed that if the brains were different, the telepathic power to communicate thoughts and emotions, disabling the ability to think the same thought. if that makes sense can I try again?

[Dodo] Doduo (M)
Ability: Early bird

Most Doduo are born with two identical brains. These brains communicate using psychic power, Allowing them to co-operate perfectly. However, on occasion, Doduo can have non identical brains, disabling the psychic link, stopping them thinking the same thoughts at the same time. Dodo is one of these rare breeds. This allows them to let only one head do an attack. However, the heads do not always get along.

Effects: Dodo, when commanded to, can fire a projectile attack from one head only instead of both, using half the energy and dealing half the damage it normally would, rounded up. There is a 5% chance each action that the heads will argue, not doing anything

Is that better?

Just for the sake of convenience, I'll repost Khao's signature move. Need the link for my profile at any rate.

[Khao] Cyndaquil (M)

Cyndaquil are known to be cute and meek little Pokemon. Not only are they small and light, they lack any sort of daunting, lethal weapon that would deter predators or other threats. Their only defense is to curl into a black-and-yellowish ball and flare up their back flames at the first sign of danger.

Khao is a special little cookie - he's far from the stereotypical Cyndaquil. From an early age he's loved adventuring into forests, mountain ranges, and the like, driving his mother mad with worry when he disappeared for days at a time. He always came back, of course, perhaps with only a few bruises, but more often than not covered with wounds of varying sizes. The vicious Pokemon in the wilderness simply were not deterred by a small fire on their prey; after all, there are other areas you can bite or scratch without burning yourself.

Now, Khao was worried that one day, he would run into a particularly fierce Pokemon that would claw him to pieces, back-fire or no. Of course, he figured, the only way to completely deter them was to cover his entire body in flame. No-one would want to bite through a coat of white-hot fire for such a small morsel.

In the beginning, he had no success whatsoever. The flames stubbornly stayed on his back, no matter what he did. Eventually, he found that, by concentrating more energy in his back, he could make the blaze larger and hotter. Finally, after months upon months of practicing, he perfected the technique of swathing his entire body in flame. It took a fair amount of energy, and he wasn't immune to his own flames, but he was satisfied with his progress for now.

Type: Fire / Damage: n/a / Target: Self / Accuracy: 100% / Energy: 1% to activate, 1% for every round it is activated / Duration: For the rest of the battle, or until Khao falls below 30% energy.
Effects: After Khao has been sent out, he may use an action to activate his attribute. It doesn't matter which action it is - it can be the 1st action, it can be activated during the fifth round, whatever. From then on, Khao has the ability Flame Body in addition to all other abilities. It cannot be switched off from that point on, though if Khao ever falls below 30% energy he simply becomes too exhausted to keep up the fire, and it will fade away. Even if energy is restored so that he climbs above 30% energy once more, he won't be able to activate it again. On the flipside, the flames will intensify if he's in great danger - that is, less than 15% healt - so any Pokemon that makes contact with him, friend or foe, will suffer 1% fire-type damage.

After evolution, Khao became more familiar with his own element, and thus became more conservative with his signature move. As a result, the energy upkeep for his move was cut in half.

Obviously, the flames require energy to maintain, and it costs 1% energy per round to maintain this state. Finally, even Khao is not immune to his own fire, so he'll also take 1% damage every round his attribute is active.
Usage Gap: Once per battle
The "after evolution" sentence you added actually belongs in the description, not in effects, and I'm guessing you meant to note Khao as a quilava in his information at the top, but other than that it's fine.

[Ramuh] Abra (M)
Approval
->
[Ramuh] Kadabra (M)
Synchronize

experience

Like that? (I saw someone else had put an approval link when evolving so I thought I'd take the initiative and do that too to avoid any more messing up ^^;)

Also, if that's ok now, I was wondering if there was any chance I could tweak my sig attribute slightly, because I thought about it and realised its effect seems way too specific to a small number of Pokémon my opponent might not even have, or in any case may just opt not to fight me with, and there are three limitations but just one advantage. I was thinking since Ramuh can control electrical appliances, I thought maybe he could have a slight resistance (say, 2%) to all electrical moves, or can lower Electric moves' accuracy by 5% or so. I'm happy to accept it as it is now if that would unbalance it at all/it's been approved and I'm not allowed to alter it, though.
I'll post the changed version in advance, in case that alteration is acceptable.

[Ramuh] Kadabra (M)

It is well known that Kadabra have incredible psychic powers. Many have reported strange phenomena happening just as a result of Kadabra being nearby- clocks running backwards, eerie shadows on television screens, people experiencing headaches and so on. Ordinarily these are just useless side-effects. However, this particular Kadabra accidentally exploded a toaster in the middle of using an innocent Kinesis attack and had a brainwave; maybe these accidental psychic powers could be used to his advantage in battle! He trained to amplify these inherent psychic waves until they affected artificial and technology-related Pokémon, sending them berserk and making them weaker merely from being in battle with Ramuh. Of course the effort of putting out these powerful waves is a great strain on the Kadabra's other, intentional psychic abilities.

Effects: When battling Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone, Porygon, Porygon2, PorygonZ, Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Bronzor, Bronzong, or any appliance-form Rotom, there is a 10% chance that the Pokémon will be afflicted with Confuse at the start of each round. The waves also have an ability to weakly control electrical currents, meaning that every Electric-type attack aimed at Ramuh has its accuracy reduced by 5%. However the effort of boosting its paranormal PSI-waves causes it to use up 1% extra energy each action (even if idle, sleeping, frozen, flinching, paralysed, or using Chill). On top of this, as the waves are inherently released by all Kadabra they cannot be "switched off", even when they serve no purpose. The waves are also indiscriminate, so any friendly Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone, Porygon, Porygon2, PorygonZ, Beldum, Metang, Metagross, Bronzor, Bronzong or Rotom will stand a chance of being confused also.
Approved. If you want to make further changes to it, you can repost to request them, but since the only one you included in there was the reduction in accuracy for electric attacks I assumed that's the only one you wanted. In general, if you want to add stuff to a signature move, you should add everything and then just take things out if it's requested.

I was basing the Attribute on these Pokedex entries. Doduo can think independently, but but have a psychic link that allows the two brains to co-operate on things like attack perfectly. I assumed that if the brains were different, the telepathic power to communicate thoughts and emotions, disabling the ability to think the same thought. if that makes sense can I try again?

[Dodo] Doduo (M)
Ability: Early bird

Most Doduo are born with two identical brains. These brains communicate using psychic power, Allowing them to co-operate perfectly. However, on occasion, Doduo can have non identical brains, disabling the psychic link, stopping them thinking the same thoughts at the same time. Dodo is one of these rare breeds. This allows them to let only one head do an attack. However, the heads do not always get along.

Effects: Dodo, when commanded to, can fire a projectile attack from one head only instead of both, using half the energy and dealing half the damage it normally would, rounded up. There is a 5% chance each action that the heads will argue, not doing anything

Is that better?
The attribute is fine... but you could already ask your doduo to fire attacks from just one head as it is. The heads can communicate, and they have completely identical brains, but that doesn't mean that both heads have to be doing the same thing all the time; after all, your arms are both controlled by the same brain, but that doesn't mean that both of them have to be doing the same thing all the time.

Last edited:

Approved. If you want to make further changes to it, you can repost to request them, but since the only one you included in there was the reduction in accuracy for electric attacks I assumed that's the only one you wanted. In general, if you want to add stuff to a signature move, you should add everything and then just take things out if it's requested.

Oh, I forgot I put in two things before ^^;; I decided when I was editing it that the accuracy thing was enough for me, so I'll just go with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom