• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

I was walking through some rather tall grass, when I suddenly heard a screech. I turned just in time to see a
spearow
Female Spearow. I sent out my squritle and with a rather nasty Headbutt, the spearow was knocked out. I threw a pokeball sending my hope with it. The pokeball shook, once, twice, three times, and was still.

the pokeball cost me 5$ (spearow female 5$ bank link)

of course, Blazhy~ But you'll probably end up with a lot more Swablu than you wished for

Fail Linoone is fail.

[G'day, mate] Shroomish (M)
Ability: Effect Spore

[Lily] Shroomish (F)

[Lutchrium] Swablu (M)

[Plutonium] Gastly (M)

And 1 Dawn Stone.

At least Linoone can add...

I was walking through some rather tall grass, when I suddenly heard a screech. I turned just in time to see a
spearow
Female Spearow. I sent out my squritle and with a rather nasty Headbutt, the spearow was knocked out. I threw a pokeball sending my hope with it. The pokeball shook, once, twice, three times, and was still.

the pokeball cost me 5$ (spearow female 5$ bank link)

Approved.

of course, Blazhy~ But you'll probably end up with a lot more Swablu than you wished for

Fail Linoone is fail.

[G'day, mate] Shroomish (M)

[Lily] Shroomish (F)

[Lutchrium] Swablu (M)

[Plutonium] Gastly (M)

And 1 Dawn Stone.

At least Linoone can add...

I'd prefer that you make an entirely new bank post instead next time, but bah I am lazy so I shall say approved.

[Char] Cyndaquil (Male)
Ability: Blaze

[Night] Sandshrew (Female)
Ability: Sand Veil

[Scythe] Scyther (Male) (Shiny)
Ability: Swarm

This should leave me with... 5 Yen.By the way, about the Scyther having two abilities, I checked Veekun. He does. I got rid of it though.

Approved. And about the abilities, yes, some Pokemon have two abilities, but you may choose only one. It's like that in games too, blah blah blah game logic.

Approved.

For some reason, I'm going for both a signature move and attribute at the same time. Both are for my Ninetales, Volvagia. My profile is here. The attribute is pretty straightforward but I can't really decide whether the move is over- or underpowered or just right.

[Volvagia] Ninetales (F) <Flash Fire>
Held item: none
Approved 2009-Oct-05
Evolved to Ninetales 2009-Dec-15
EXP: (2)
Rarity Three

Signature Move: Swathe of Flame

Volvagia is one of those weird Fire-typed Pokemon with fur. She loves the feel of fire, and, like many Trainers, has wondered why furred Fire Pokemon don’t catch on fire when they attack. After intensive study and training, she found that her fur was not quite entirely fireproof, and that by breathing an extra-intense flame on herself, she could light her fur on fire. This damages and possibly burns other Pokemon that touch her, and it increases her body heat, slightly powering up her Fire attacks. She hasn’t learned how to put out the flame, though, and she unconsciously expends some energy to keep her body heat higher to keep the flame going. The flame can be put out by any Water, Ground, or Rock attack that hits it. Additionally, a strong enough attack of any type will put enough stress on Volvagia that she will be unable to maintain the flame’s heat, making it go out.

After the flame is put out, Volvagia will be furless until the end of the battle, preventing her from using this move again. Her raw skin makes her a little more vulnerable to energy-based attacks, but, weirdly, Water-typed attacks will soothe her skin, reducing their effectiveness.

Type: Fire / Stat: Status / Base Damage: N/A / Accuracy: 95% / Target: Self / Energy: 4% initial, 1% upkeep / Duration: one action to activate

Effects: Volvagia breathes fire on herself, costing 4% energy. After this point, she becomes swathed in fire, costing her 1% energy upkeep per action but dealing 2% Fire-typed damage to anything that touches her and adding 1% damage to her Fire-typed attacks after all other calculations. In addition, she trades her Flash Fire ability for the ability Flame Body while she is covered in fire. The fire can be put out by Water, Ground, and Rock attacks, as well as any attack with a base power equal to or greater than 120. After the flame is put out, Volvagia is furless and takes 2% more damage from special attacks; but Water attacks, whether special or physical, do normal damage instead of super-effective damage.

Usage Gap: can only be used once per battle (even if Volvagia is called back and sent out again)

Signature Attribute: Steel Helmet

Volvagia’s Trainer found a lightweight metal helmet shaped like a dragon’s head during his travels. Volvagia found that it fits her perfectly, and is so fond of it that she wears it during every battle.

Effects: Volvagia’s head is Steel-type instead of Fire-type. The rest of her body is still Fire-type.

Signature Attribute: Steel Helmet

Volvagia’s Trainer found a lightweight metal helmet shaped like a dragon’s head during his travels. Volvagia found that it fits her perfectly, and is so fond of it that she wears it during every battle.

Effects: Volvagia’s head is Steel-type instead of Fire-type. The rest of her body is still Fire-type.
I dunno if I'm allowed to comment, but I like that one. ^

For some reason, I'm going for both a signature move and attribute at the same time. Both are for my Ninetales, Volvagia. My profile is here. The attribute is pretty straightforward but I can't really decide whether the move is over- or underpowered or just right.

Approved 2009-Oct-05
Rarity Three

Volvagia is one of those weird Fire-typed Pokemon with fur. She loves the feel of fire, and, like many Trainers, has wondered why furred Fire Pokemon don’t catch on fire when they attack. After intensive study and training, she found that her fur was not quite entirely fireproof, and that by breathing an extra-intense flame on herself, she could light her fur on fire. This damages and possibly burns other Pokemon that touch her, and it increases her body heat, slightly powering up her Fire attacks. She hasn’t learned how to put out the flame, though, and she unconsciously expends some energy to keep her body heat higher to keep the flame going. The flame can be put out by any Water, Ground, or Rock attack that hits it. Additionally, a strong enough attack of any type will put enough stress on Volvagia that she will be unable to maintain the flame’s heat, making it go out.

After the flame is put out, Volvagia will be furless until the end of the battle, preventing her from using this move again. Her raw skin makes her a little more vulnerable to energy-based attacks, but, weirdly, Water-typed attacks will soothe her skin, reducing their effectiveness.

Type: Fire / Stat: Status / Base Damage: N/A / Accuracy: 95% / Target: Self / Energy: 4% initial, 1% upkeep / Duration: one action to activate

Effects: Volvagia breathes fire on herself, costing 4% energy. After this point, she becomes swathed in fire, costing her 1% energy upkeep per action but dealing 2% Fire-typed damage to anything that touches her and adding 1% damage to her Fire-typed attacks after all other calculations. In addition, she trades her Flash Fire ability for the ability Flame Body while she is covered in fire. The fire can be put out by Water, Ground, and Rock attacks, as well as any attack with a base power equal to or greater than 120. After the flame is put out, Volvagia is furless and takes 2% more damage from special attacks; but Water attacks, whether special or physical, do normal damage instead of super-effective damage.

Usage Gap: can only be used once per battle (even if Volvagia is called back and sent out again)

2% per special attack can add up very, very quickly, so I'd recommend you lower it after several rounds. 3-4 sounds about right.
And I do believe the class should be special instead of status, but that's a minor nitpick.

Last edited:

Reposting with corrections. I thought it should be status because off the top of my head I can't think of any non-Status class moves that directly affect the user but not the opponent, but in this case it doesn't really matter enough to quibble about it.

Approved 2009-Oct-05
Rarity Three

Type: Fire / Stat: Special / Base Damage: N/A / Accuracy: 95% / Target: Self / Energy: 4% initial, 1% upkeep / Duration: one action to activate

Effects: Volvagia breathes fire on herself, which costs 4% energy. After this point, she becomes swathed in fire, costing her 1% energy upkeep per action but dealing 2% Fire-typed damage to anything that touches her and adding 1% damage to her Fire-typed attacks after all other calculations. In addition, she trades her Flash Fire ability for the ability Flame Body while she is covered in fire. The fire can be put out by Water, Ground, and Rock attacks, as well as any attack with a base power equal to or greater than 120. After the flame is put out, Volvagia is furless and takes 2% more damage from special attacks for four rounds, after which the damage reduces to 1%; but Water attacks, whether special or physical, do normal damage instead of super-effective damage.

The stat section only applies to damaging moves, which do special or physical damage. If it does not directly damage the opponent, you can remove the section or fill it in with something along the lines of "none" or "n/a" or the like.

Reposting with corrections. I thought it should be status because off the top of my head I can't think of any non-Status class moves that directly affect the user but not the opponent, but in this case it doesn't really matter enough to quibble about it.

Approved 2009-Oct-05
Rarity Three

Type: Fire / Stat: Special / Base Damage: N/A / Accuracy: 95% / Target: Self / Energy: 4% initial, 1% upkeep / Duration: one action to activate

Effects: Volvagia breathes fire on herself, which costs 4% energy. After this point, she becomes swathed in fire, costing her 1% energy upkeep per action but dealing 2% Fire-typed damage to anything that touches her and adding 1% damage to her Fire-typed attacks after all other calculations. In addition, she trades her Flash Fire ability for the ability Flame Body while she is covered in fire. The fire can be put out by Water, Ground, and Rock attacks, as well as any attack with a base power equal to or greater than 120. After the flame is put out, Volvagia is furless and takes 2% more damage from special attacks for four rounds, after which the damage reduces to 1%; but Water attacks, whether special or physical, do normal damage instead of super-effective damage.

Approved. And I think you mean 'class' instead of 'stat', but yeah, it's not that big of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom