• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Getting Sir Lancelot a signature Move.

147.png

[Lancelot]Dratini(M)
Abillity: Shed Skin
Signature Move: Flames Of Wisdom​

Lancelot was born in Wish Forest, a luxury only VERY few pokemon get. Wish forest is a very special place- pokemon are created there, not born. To put it simply: for every 10,000th wish someone asks for, a pokemon is created in the forest. Every pokemon born in this mysterious place gains some exordain abillity, although they have to find out what it is by themselves, which can take some time. Since Wish Forest is connected to the rest of the world, it wasn't long after he left the forest, seeking to see the world. After a few weeks, he was caught by Lars(me). Having told his new trainer about the place he was born in, his trainer decided to help Lancelot find his unique abillity.

After spending a few weeks trying to figure out what Lancelot's abillity was, they almost gave up all hope when Lancelot felt a sudden tingle in his neck. Once he opened his mouth, a whirl of black flames came out of his mouth. Both astounded, they tried to figure out how these wierd flames were created. After lots of research, they figured out that whenever Lancelot got ready for a battle, his mind was fixed on a single elemental type, which would control both the colour and the type of the flame Lancelot released.

At first, Lancelot released random flames each time he tried to choose a type, but after training for around a month, he managed to fix his mind on a certain type before using the attack, and then, for the rest of the training session, staying with said type.

Depends/Special/ 7%/100%/Single/5% to choose a type, 5% for every attack

Effects: When Lancelot uses this attack, he has to choose a type. Since this involves focusing, it can only be used when focusing is possible, meaning it can't be used when confused, taunted, or if the opponent is using uproar, hyper voice, or something else that does a lot of noise.
Once Lancelot gets to focus for a full action, he chooses a single elemental type(grass, fire, dark, etc.). Once he chooses a type, he can't change it for the rest of the battle, even if he is called out and then sent back in. When Lancelot uses this attack, he lets out a whirl of flames that differ in colour depending on what type is choosen, and have a 10% chance to lower the target's special defence by one stage.

Usage Gap: 6 actions

Im sure there is some stuff that should be fixed, but i hope the overall idea is okay O.O

Getting Sir Lancelot a signature Move.

147.png

[Lancelot]Dratini(M)

Lancelot was born in Wish Forest, a luxury only VERY few pokemon get. Wish forest is a very special place- pokemon are created there, not born. To put it simply: for every 10,000th wish someone asks for, a pokemon is created in the forest. Every pokemon born in this mysterious place gains some exordain abillity, although they have to find out what it is by themselves, which can take some time. Since Wish Forest is connected to the rest of the world, it wasn't long after he left the forest, seeking to see the world. After a few weeks, he was caught by Lars(me). Having told his new trainer about the place he was born in, his trainer decided to help Lancelot find his unique abillity.

After spending a few weeks trying to figure out what Lancelot's abillity was, they almost gave up all hope when Lancelot felt a sudden tingle in his neck. Once he opened his mouth, a whirl of black flames came out of his mouth. Both astounded, they tried to figure out how these wierd flames were created. After lots of research, they figured out that whenever Lancelot got ready for a battle, his mind was fixed on a single elemental type, which would control both the colour and the type of the flame Lancelot released.

At first, Lancelot released random flames each time he tried to choose a type, but after training for around a month, he managed to fix his mind on a certain type before using the attack, and then, for the rest of the training session, staying with said type.

Depends/Special/ 7%/100%/Single/5% to choose a type, 5% for every attack

Effects: When Lancelot uses this attack, he has to choose a type. Since this involves focusing, it can only be used when focusing is possible, meaning it can't be used when confused, taunted, or if the opponent is using uproar, hyper voice, or something else that does a lot of noise.
Once Lancelot gets to focus for a full action, he chooses a single elemental type(grass, fire, dark, etc.). Once he chooses a type, he can't change it for the rest of the battle, even if he is called out and then sent back in. When Lancelot uses this attack, he lets out a whirl of flames that differ in colour depending on what type is choosen, and have a 10% chance to lower the target's special defence by one stage.

Im sure there is some stuff that should be fixed, but i hope the overall idea is okay O.O

The backstory for this move seems rather... strange... I suppose I'll let it slide, though I'm not sure what the other approvers think.
However, there should be some clarification on the attack itself. What if Lancelot gets hit by a particularly powerful attack while focusing, or by an attack that is super-effective? Will that disrupt his concentration? And some clarification on an 'elemental' type would be nice. For example, Ghost was a physical type up until generation 4, but it's often thought of as a special type. A list to avoid confusion should be there. Actually, since Lancelot is still a 1st stage out of three, the types he should be able to pick should be restricted. Elements he is familiar with... say, Dragon, Fire, Water... stuff like that. I hardly think a Dratini is very adept with the Psychic type.
Also, I'd pump up the energy usage for using the actual attack. For a Dratini, assuming it isn't STAB, Hidden Power would cost 6% energy. That you can choose the type, albeit with limits, but still retain the attack power is pretty unfair. I'd say around 7% energy for using the actual attack.

Retrying to get Sir Lancelot a signature Move.

147.png

[Lancelot]Dratini(M)

Depends/Special/ 7%/100%/Single/5% to choose a type, 7% for every attack

If, while focusing, Lancelot is hurt by an attack with more than 10% base power, he loses his focus.
Since Lancelot isn't fond of many types, he can only use certain types:
Grass, Fire, Electricity, Dark, Water, Ice and Dragon.

I hope that's more acceptable, blazhy.
And I know the explanation is wierd T,T but Larsy is a wierdo.

Retrying to get Sir Lancelot a signature Move.

147.png

[Lancelot]Dratini(M)

If, while focusing, Lancelot is hurt by an attack with more than 10% base power, he loses his focus.
Grass, Fire, Electricity, Dark, Water, Ice and Dragon.

I hope that's more acceptable, blazhy.
And I know the explanation is wierd T,T but Larsy is a wierdo.

I'm not entirely sure why you picked out Grass, since Dratini is unable to learn Grass moves at all. Same goes for Dark. I'll let Dark slide, I suppose, otherwise this would render the signature move pretty moot (and a bunch of non-Dark Pokemon can learn Dark-type attacks anyway without logical explanation), but I don't think Lancelot should be able to control grass-type energy until after he evolves. And in the effects, you might want to move the 'If, while focusing, Lancelot is hurt..." up a bit, into the paragraph that defines the parameters for focusing. Also, change 10% base power to 100 base power, to avoid confusion.

Larsy wierdo is back!

147.png

[Lancelot]Dratini(M)

In addition, If Lancelot is hurt by an attack with more than 100 base power while focusing, he loses his focus.
Fire, Electricity, Dark, Water, Ice and Dragon.

Hmmm....

Larsy wierdo is back!

147.png

[Lancelot]Dratini(M)

In addition, If Lancelot is hurt by an attack with more than 100 base power while focusing, he loses his focus.
Fire, Electricity, Dark, Water, Ice and Dragon.

Hmmm....

Yeah, I guess this is okay. Approved, unless the other approvers step up and say something.

And I'll get some stuff for myself. Finally going to get off my lazy butt and get that Beedrill I've been wanting for some time.

[Nightmare] Weedle (F)
Ability: Shield Dust

|
|
v

[Nightmare] Beedrill (F)
Ability: Swarm

Paid here~ $35 bucks down the drain!

Also a Treecko:

[Driežas] Treecko (M)
Ability: Overgrow

And whooo bye bye $60 total.

Let's try a sig move.

[Frosty] Snover
Male, Snow Warning
Sig Move: Huababa-Barrage

Frosty is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Far from it, really: he's mentally unstable and prone to acting in a completely illogical manner that tends to confuse his opponents. Whether it's eating the yellow snow or singing for the nonexistant Pidgeys, he always manages to do something weird.

One of the things that he enjoys doing is a tribal dance called the Huababakrabob Boogie. It's an odd dance that consists of shaking your arms around like a lunatic while running in a circle.

However, with the help of his trainer, he's gained the ability to use the dance as an offensive maneuver. He slaps his opponent in a violent manner multiple times while he dances about. The attack is inaccurate as a result of Frosty's clumsiness, but the damage it builds up can be astounding.

Type: Fighting / Target: Single / Damage: 4% per hit / Accuracy: 60% / Energy: 10%
Effects: Frosty will begin to run in circles, randomly flapping his arms around. Throughout the dance, he will attempt to hit his opponent. He will attempt to slap the opponent in a highly inaccurate fashion three to six times. Each hit will deal 4% damage.
However, Frosty will hurt himself in the process. For each hit, Frosty will deal 2% damage to himself in recoil.
At the end of the move, there is a chance that the opponent will begin to wonder, "What the hell just happened?" As a result, there is a 50% chance that the opponent will be inflicted with mild confusion.
Usage Gap: Nine actions

Sig Attribute time.

[Electroplasm]Rotom
Ability: Levitate
Sig Attribute: Speaker Form
Electroplasm has, like all Rotom, the ablity to take over machines with certain types of motors inside them. However, he has always been jealous of Rotoms who can change into extra forms, such as Chainsaws, phones and computers. He begged his trainer to give him a new form. His trainer worked all night to create a machine for him to posses. He came up with a small Speaker, like the ones attached to computers. This allowed him to release small bursts of sound. He also did not care about sound anymore, being able to create sound himself.

Effects: Electroplasm can use Speaker form when sent out to battle. He gains the Ability Soundproof and loses the Ability Levitate. He gains the Move Hyper Voice and Loses Thunderbolt.
Speaker Form Looks like this:
Rotom_-_Speaker_form41456.png

Last edited:

Let's try a sig move.

[Frosty] Snover
Male, Snow Warning

Frosty is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Far from it, really: he's mentally unstable and prone to acting in a completely illogical manner that tends to confuse his opponents. Whether it's eating the yellow snow or singing for the nonexistant Pidgeys, he always manages to do something weird.

One of the things that he enjoys doing is a tribal dance called the Huababakrabob Boogie. It's an odd dance that consists of shaking your arms around like a lunatic while running in a circle.

However, with the help of his trainer, he's gained the ability to use the dance as an offensive maneuver. He slaps his opponent in a violent manner multiple times while he dances about. The attack is inaccurate as a result of Frosty's clumsiness, but the damage it builds up can be astounding.

Type: Fighting / Target: Single / Damage: 4% per hit / Accuracy: 60% / Energy: 10%
Effects: Frosty will begin to run in circles, randomly flapping his arms around. Throughout the dance, he will attempt to hit his opponent. He will attempt to slap the opponent in a highly inaccurate fashion three to six times. Each hit will deal 4% damage.
However, Frosty will hurt himself in the process. For each hit, Frosty will deal 2% damage to himself in recoil.
At the end of the move, there is a chance that the opponent will begin to wonder, "What the hell just happened?" As a result, there is a 50% chance that the opponent will be inflicted with mild confusion.

Heh, this made me chuckle while reading through it. I just have one minor nitpick: it would be a good idea to say that it's more likely to hit three or four times than it is to hit six times. So something like in the description of Fury Swipes. Otherwise, you could have six-hit Huababa-Barrages popping up uncomfortably frequently.

It seems I never got around to evolving this guy:

[Spooky] Gastly (M)
EXP: 1 1 1
Approval

|
V

[Ectoplasm] Haunter (M)

Approved.

Let's try a sig move.

[Frosty] Snover
Male, Snow Warning

Effects: Frosty will begin to run in circles, randomly flapping his arms around. Throughout the dance, he will attempt to hit his opponent. He will attempt to slap the opponent in a highly inaccurate fashion. There is a 40% chance of getting three hits, 30% chance of getting four hits, 20% chance of getting five hits, and a 10% chance of getting six hits. Each hit will deal 4% damage.

sorry for the double post, but this has always confused me:

How would one go about evolving a Mantyke? Would you level it up while you have a Remoraid in your active squad to get a Mantine, or...?

Let's try a sig move.

[Frosty] Snover
Male, Snow Warning

Effects: Frosty will begin to run in circles, randomly flapping his arms around. Throughout the dance, he will attempt to hit his opponent. He will attempt to slap the opponent in a highly inaccurate fashion. There is a 40% chance of getting three hits, 30% chance of getting four hits, 20% chance of getting five hits, and a 10% chance of getting six hits. Each hit will deal 4% damage.

Looks good. Approved.

Getting an AHBE move.

[Andy] Hoppip (M)
Ability: Chlorophyll
AHBE Move: Magical Leaf

Approved.

Speaker Form Looks like this:
Rotom_-_Speaker_form41456.png

I made you some sprites ~
Rotom___Speaker_by_N_i_g_h_t__S_H_A_D_E.png
Rotom___Speaker___Shiny_by_N_i_g_h_t__S_H_A_D_E.png

(Made using yours, plus the Frost and Wash sprites)

Also, I made some that are quite different, but similar at the same time ~
Rotom___Stereo_by_N_i_g_h_t__S_H_A_D_E.png
Rotom___Stereo___Shiny_by_N_i_g_h_t__S_H_A_D_E.png

(Made entirely by me but for the color)

You don't have to use them or anything, I just thought you'd appreciate them. You can use them if you want - but DON'T claim them as yours, and tell people who made them if they ask. Sorry about having to say that, but I have had lots of people stealing my stuff, so. ~.~

Uhoh... double whammy time. I've got both a signature attribute AND move for my Spinarak, Niflheim. :V

...also
Approved. Maybe I should change my Eevee's nickname now >o>
-oh crapples I didn't know you had a Eevee with this name- CRAP D:

Signature Attribute: Unwitting Royalty

Niflheim, although she may not look it at first glance, is more than the average Spinarak specimen. She was born as a queen of her hive, and as such expected to take on a position of relative royalty for the sake of preservation of her colony. Growing up, she was pampered and cared for, and her body adjusted to utilising its command and reproductive cycles. Her colony is located in a darkened forest, as well - and populated not only by Spinarak, but by an unknown strain of small insects. The insects are somewhat fragile, but possess a wide array of abilities, and for strange reasons, are highly manipulable by Spinarak produced pheromones. Strangely, these insects are also reproductively compatible with Spinarak, and queen-status induviduals can be fused with the ability to asexually reproduce them.
But yet, for all this privilege; it's not what Niflheim wanted. She watched with envy as she was unwittingly prepared to take a hive queen role the warriors of the Hive, the Spinarak who ventured out and were prepared for battle. One day, though, it became too much - and in a spurt of what was considered disturbing individuality, Niflheim fled her hive. She seeked the freedom of the average Spinarak, the excitement of hunting.. But her body was not adjusted for it. She found herself quickly outdone by even those who should be far weaker than her.
But then she realised something - for all the ill-effects, she still had control over her own mobile hive, and with the ability to produce her own minions indefinitely, she seemed to have not only a chance - but an edge in combat. Although her weaknesses are apparent, she turns her abilities into a veritable aircraft carrier of a controller, attacking with a preference for her swarms. As a result, however, she is highly sluggish - and vulnerable to damage herself if her minions are unable to disable an opponent.

-Effects-
Nifheim is able to control various swarms of a peculiar race of insects, as well as reproduce them indefinitely. She is always surrounded by them, however they only actively participate in battle once commanded. Quick commands can be made, however, providing a wide range of utility to her.
As a side effect, however, her body is enlarged and sluggish. She has difficulty both moving and evading attacks made against her. Nifheim starts the battle with a stat modifier of -6 Speed, and all moves made against her have a 20% increased accuracy.
When using 'Agility' on herself, Nifheim may only increase her speed by one stage instead of two.

Move Mods+
Attack Order, Defend Order, Heal Order

Signature Move: Crimson Swarm

With her queen status within a dark hive, Niflheim's body is adjusted to producing prodigious amounts of pheromones which are used to command and control legions of worker and warrior colony insects. Normally used for the precise control of a colony's functions, she has adapted this ability to be turned on her opponents offensively through the power of her swarm.
By spraying a concentrated mist of these pheromones with the intention of completely coating a target, Niflheim can cause the entirety of her warrior drones to become berserk and intent on attacking her target. There are numerous types of warrior types, however she has no control over which ones respond and when due to being unable to separate the pheromone sprays prior to firing them, and due to this during the duration of this move the type of drone to attack her target is random.
When coated by these pungent pheromones, a target is immediately attacked, and continually so until the scent adequately dissipated. The powerful chemicals give off a short, but potent burst, however they will become too weak to cause reaction within a hive after three turns. Submerging onself in water or magma/fire will immediately degrade the chemicals, as will being struck with a Water or Fire-typed attack - however on their own, Water and Fire-type Pokémon receive no reductions. After hitting a target with this move, Niflheim may attack in conjunction with her insects for the remaining effect, effectively granting her multiple effects per turn. After usage, it takes some time to recharge her pheromone stores.

The types of insects which can be summoned are as follows:

Striker: The most basic of hive warriors, the striker will deal one strike of damage before expending itself. This strike has a base damage of 5% bug-typed damage and has 90% accuracy.

Hunter: An evolved hive warrior with a more durable stinger, the Hunter will make multiple attacks on an opponent within a single turn. However, as an exchange for this durability its stinger is far smaller and its single-strike damage is far below the Striker's. The Hunter will perform 1-5 attacks in a single turn at 2% damage per successful hit. Each strike has 85% accuracy, and missing does NOT override the number of strikes it is meant to perform. (For example, if a Hunter rolls for 4 attacks, hits twice, then misses, it will still attempt its fourth attack.)

Nosferatu: An offensive utility drone, the Nosferatu focuses on keeping its hive healthy by converting an enemy's life force and transferring it to allies. The Nos deals base 3% Bug-typed damage at 90% accuracy to an opponent, and the next turn will return it to Niflheim as converted health, recovering her. In addition, Nos' may be commanded to return this health to an ally, instead - but only when the move is initially used. For the duration of the move, any spawned Nos' will then return their health to an ally, instead.

Templar: An offensive support drone, the Templar lacks any form of attacking on its own. What it does have, however, is a chemical cocktail of spores, poisons, and other nasties in which to assist in taking down an opponent. When a Templar is selected, it will attack its opponent at 90% accuracy and randomly inflict either Moderate Paralysis, Poison, Confusion, Burn or Sleep. Immunities apply, and Templar cannot differentiate Pokémon targets based on immunities - thus if Poison is selected against a Steel-typed target, the Templar will have no effect that turn, and so-on.
Note: Templar Burns are chemical-based, and thus Fire-Types are NOT immune by default.

Type: Bug / Stat: Offensive / Base Damage: Varies / Accuracy: 80% / Target: Single Opponent / Energy: 10% / Duration: 3 Turns

Effects: Coats a target Pokémon in a pheromone spray which provokes a swarm of insect hive warrior-types to assault a target for the duration of its effect. (Default 3 turns.) Niflheim may attack in conjunction in subsequent turns after using this move. One insect will attack every turn, and insect types which attack are selected at random and the effect of this move is based on which is selected. All Bug-Typed damage dealt is modified by Swarm and other Bug-type boosters, but not by stat boosts.

Usage Gap: 9 Turns

Last edited:

Why am I throwing my money away?

I wish to buy a Nidoran, male. As well as a female Meowth.

[]Nidoran (m)
Ability: Poison Point

[]Meowth (f)
Ability: Pick-up

*tosses the $12*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom