• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

[] carvanha (m)
ability: rough skin

[] croagunk (m)
ability: dry skin

[] munchlax (m)
ability: thick fat

If my calcs are right, that should be $40.

Last edited:

Why am I throwing my money away?

I wish to buy a Nidoran, male. As well as a female Meowth.

[]Nidoran (m)
Ability: Poison Point

[]Meowth (f)
Ability: Pick-up

*tosses the $12*

[] carvanha (m)
ability: rough skin

[] croagunk (m)
ability: dry skin

[] munchlax (m)
ability: thick fat

If my calcs are right, that should be $40.

Approved.

Been given a Buizel by Kam. Here.
Also, I'd like to change her nickname to Lizabeth.

Format?

Oh. Yeah. Sorry, I forgot.

Buizel
[Lizabeth] (Female)
Ability:
Swift Swim
Move Mod: None
Body Mod: None

Given to me by Kam Here.
Does she just go straight to my active squad, or..?

Last edited:

Yes, but she still needs confirming. Plus that I found out after asking to change her name and saw no reason to edit it, since I had already reposted her in the approval format.

Signature Move: Crimson Swarm

With her queen status within a dark hive, Niflheim's body is adjusted to producing prodigious amounts of pheromones which are used to command and control legions of worker and warrior colony insects. Normally used for the precise control of a colony's functions, she has adapted this ability to be turned on her opponents offensively through the power of her swarm.
By spraying a concentrated mist of these pheromones with the intention of completely coating a target, Niflheim can cause the entirety of her warrior drones to become berserk and intent on attacking her target. There are numerous types of warrior types, however she has no control over which ones respond and when due to being unable to separate the pheromone sprays prior to firing them, and due to this during the duration of this move the type of drone to attack her target is random.
When coated by these pungent pheromones, a target is immediately attacked, and continually so until the scent adequately dissipated. The powerful chemicals give off a short, but potent burst, however they will become too weak to cause reaction within a hive after three turns. Submerging onself in water or magma/fire will immediately degrade the chemicals, as will being struck with a Water or Fire-typed attack - however on their own, Water and Fire-type Pokémon receive no reductions. After hitting a target with this move, Niflheim may attack in conjunction with her insects for the remaining effect, effectively granting her multiple effects per turn. After usage, it takes some time to recharge her pheromone stores.

The types of insects which can be summoned are as follows:

Striker: The most basic of hive warriors, the striker will deal one strike of damage before expending itself. This strike has a base damage of 5% bug-typed damage and has 90% accuracy.

Hunter: An evolved hive warrior with a more durable stinger, the Hunter will make multiple attacks on an opponent within a single turn. However, as an exchange for this durability its stinger is far smaller and its single-strike damage is far below the Striker's. The Hunter will perform 1-5 attacks in a single turn at 2% damage per successful hit. Each strike has 85% accuracy, and missing does NOT override the number of strikes it is meant to perform. (For example, if a Hunter rolls for 4 attacks, hits twice, then misses, it will still attempt its fourth attack.)

Nosferatu: An offensive utility drone, the Nosferatu focuses on keeping its hive healthy by converting an enemy's life force and transferring it to allies. The Nos deals base 3% Bug-typed damage at 90% accuracy to an opponent, and the next turn will return it to Niflheim as converted health, recovering her. In addition, Nos' may be commanded to return this health to an ally, instead - but only when the move is initially used. For the duration of the move, any spawned Nos' will then return their health to an ally, instead.

Templar: An offensive support drone, the Templar lacks any form of attacking on its own. What it does have, however, is a chemical cocktail of spores, poisons, and other nasties in which to assist in taking down an opponent. When a Templar is selected, it will attack its opponent at 90% accuracy and randomly inflict either Moderate Paralysis, Poison, Confusion, Burn or Sleep. Immunities apply, and Templar cannot differentiate Pokémon targets based on immunities - thus if Poison is selected against a Steel-typed target, the Templar will have no effect that turn, and so-on.
Note: Templar Burns are chemical-based, and thus Fire-Types are NOT immune by default.

Type: Bug / Stat: Offensive / Base Damage: Varies / Accuracy: 80% / Target: Single Opponent / Energy: 10% / Duration: 3 Turns

Effects: Coats a target Pokémon in a pheromone spray which provokes a swarm of insect hive warrior-types to assault a target for the duration of its effect. (Default 3 turns.) Niflheim may attack in conjunction in subsequent turns after using this move. One insect will attack every turn, and insect types which attack are selected at random and the effect of this move is based on which is selected. All Bug-Typed damage dealt is modified by Swarm and other Bug-type boosters, but not by stat boosts.

Usage Gap: 9 Turns

First of all, change ‘turns’ to ‘actions’ or ‘rounds’. Also, the usage gap should specify ‘from the end of all effects’.

If being struck by a Fire-type attack will degrade the chemicals, will they still affect pokemon with the Flame Body or Magma Armor abilities?

I can't approve the attribute, but if you do get it approved you should determine whether Niflheim can use her extra moves while this move is in effect.

On the whole, this seems just a little too powerful for an unevolved pokemon. I’m a little iffy particularly on Niflheim being able to attack together with her insects, at least without any penalties.

(Also, the biology major part of my brain wishes to point out that real spiders are not eusocial animals like ants and termites. As we’re not dealing with real spiders, of course, that can be ignored. *eye twitch*)

Buizel
[Lizabeth] (Female)
Ability:
Swift Swim

Given to me by Kam Here.
Does she just go straight to my active squad, or..?

Approved, and no, pokemon acquired on the black market go to your PC.

[Jay] Buneary (F)
Ability: Cute Charm
Received: Bought

where I got it

Approved.

I'd like to buy this.
Spinarak
[Skippy] (Male)
Ability:
Insomnia
Bank link here.

Also reposting this just because.
Buizel
[Lizabeth] (Female)
Ability:
Swift Swim
Given to me by Kam Here.

Do they just go straight to my active squad, or..?

Last edited:

First of all, change ‘turns’ to ‘actions’ or ‘rounds’. Also, the usage gap should specify ‘from the end of all effects’.

If being struck by a Fire-type attack will degrade the chemicals, will they still affect pokemon with the Flame Body or Magma Armor abilities?

I can't approve the attribute, but if you do get it approved you should determine whether Niflheim can use her extra moves while this move is in effect.

On the whole, this seems just a little too powerful for an unevolved pokemon. I’m a little iffy particularly on Niflheim being able to attack together with her insects, at least without any penalties.

(Also, the biology major part of my brain wishes to point out that real spiders are not eusocial animals like ants and termites. As we’re not dealing with real spiders, of course, that can be ignored. *eye twitch*)

(Spinarak and Ariados only have 6 legs, -technically- they're not even arachnids, so~ xP )
Also - yes, Magma Armour and Flame Body, as well as Water Veil would serve as protection against the move by degrading the chemicals, I had that in mind but forgot to write it in.

Anyway, I didn't have plans to limit her attribute extra moves, but probably would since if her swarm is riled up they probably can't use the more generic orders those three moves are based on. Otherwise, what would you say should be the penalty, at least for a first-stage, that would balance this a bit more? A straight-up damage reduction of the insects? Or maybe an accuracy penalty to Niflheim during its effects? Guess I'm not 100% sure how that should roll.

Also note to self memorise the bloody ASB terminology. That's just a personal mental block it seems, sorry. <<;;;

I'd like to buy this.
Spinarak
[Skippy] (Male)
Ability:
Insomnia
Bank link here.

Also reposting this just because.
Buizel
[Lizabeth] (Female)
Ability:
Swift Swim
Given to me by Kam Here.

Do they just go straight to my active squad, or..?

Um...the buizel was already approved. Spinarak is approved, anyway, and he does go straight to your active squad.

(Spinarak and Ariados only have 6 legs, -technically- they're not even arachnids, so~ xP )
Also - yes, Magma Armour and Flame Body, as well as Water Veil would serve as protection against the move by degrading the chemicals, I had that in mind but forgot to write it in.

Anyway, I didn't have plans to limit her attribute extra moves, but probably would since if her swarm is riled up they probably can't use the more generic orders those three moves are based on. Otherwise, what would you say should be the penalty, at least for a first-stage, that would balance this a bit more? A straight-up damage reduction of the insects? Or maybe an accuracy penalty to Niflheim during its effects? Guess I'm not 100% sure how that should roll.

Also note to self memorise the bloody ASB terminology. That's just a personal mental block it seems, sorry. <<;;;

(Well, yes, there's also that. Really, you'd think by now I'd have made my peace with the taxonomical inaccuracy of this series...)

I'd say an accuracy penalty and/or an attack and special attack penalty to Niflheim during the effects, maybe representing Niflheim having to hold back to avoid hitting her insects, or something similar.

Alright then, how's this look?

With her queen status within a dark hive, Niflheim's body is adjusted to producing prodigious amounts of pheromones which are used to command and control legions of worker and warrior colony insects. Normally used for the precise control of a colony's functions, she has adapted this ability to be turned on her opponents offensively through the power of her swarm.
By spraying a concentrated mist of these pheromones with the intention of completely coating a target, Niflheim can cause the entirety of her warrior drones to become berserk and intent on attacking her target. There are numerous types of warrior types, however she has no control over which ones respond and when due to being unable to separate the pheromone sprays prior to firing them, and due to this during the duration of this move the type of drone to attack her target is random.
When coated by these pungent pheromones, a target is immediately attacked, and continually so until the scent adequately dissipated. The powerful chemicals give off a short, but potent burst, however they will become too weak to cause reaction within a hive after three actions on their own. Submerging oneself in water or magma/fire will immediately degrade the chemicals, as will being struck with a Water or Fire-typed attack - however on their own, Water and Fire-type Pokémon receive no reductions. After hitting a target with this move, Niflheim may attack in conjunction with her insects for the remaining effect, effectively granting her multiple effects per action - however, she is unable to be as precise as she would while attacking alone, making her hits lose some of their power and sometimes fail outright. After usage, it takes some time to recharge her pheromone stores.

Striker: The most basic of hive warriors, the striker will deal one strike of damage before expending itself. This strike has a base damage of 5% bug-typed damage and has 90% accuracy.

Hunter: An evolved hive warrior with a more durable stinger, the Hunter will make multiple attacks on an opponent within a single action. However, as an exchange for this durability its stinger is far smaller and its single-strike damage is far below the Striker's. The Hunter will perform 1-5 attacks in a single turn at 2% damage per successful hit. Each strike has 85% accuracy, and missing does NOT override the number of strikes it is meant to perform. (For example, if a Hunter rolls for 4 attacks, hits twice, then misses, it will still attempt its fourth attack.)

Nosferatu: An offensive utility drone, the Nosferatu focuses on keeping its hive healthy by converting an enemy's life force and transferring it to allies. The Nos deals base 3% Bug-typed damage at 90% accuracy to an opponent, and the next action will return it to Niflheim as converted health, recovering her. In addition, Nos' may be commanded to return this health to an ally, instead - but only when the move is initially used. For the duration of the move, any spawned Nos' will then return their health to an ally, instead.

Templar: An offensive support drone, the Templar lacks any form of attacking on its own. What it does have, however, is a chemical cocktail of spores, poisons, and other nasties in which to assist in taking down an opponent. When a Templar is selected, it will attack its opponent at 90% accuracy and randomly inflict either Moderate Paralysis, Poison, Confusion, Burn or Sleep. Immunities apply, and Templar cannot differentiate Pokémon targets based on immunities - thus if Poison is selected against a Steel-typed target, the Templar will have no effect that action, and so-on.
Note: Templar Burns are chemical-based, and thus Fire-Types are NOT immune by default.

Type: Bug / Stat: Offensive / Base Damage: Varies / Accuracy: 80% / Target: Single Opponent / Energy: 10% / Duration: 3 Turns

Effects: Coats a target Pokémon in a pheromone spray which provokes a swarm of insect hive warrior-types to assault a target for the duration of its effect. (Default 3 actions.) Niflheim may attack in conjunction in subsequent turns after using this move, however Niflheim herself suffers a damage penalty of 25% (Subtracted from a move's Base Power) as well as Accuracy penalty of 10%. One insect will attack every action, and insect types which attack are selected at random and the effect of this move is based on which is selected. Insects always attack immediately before Niflheim, including when using priority moves. All Bug-Typed damage dealt is modified by Swarm and other Bug-type boosters, but not by stat boosts.
If a Pokémon affected by this move is struck by a Water or Fire-Type move, the moves effect ends immediately. Additionally, Pokémon with the Flame Body, Magma Armour, and Water Veil abilities are cleansed from its effect after only one action instead of three. Niflheim's Move Mod specials (Attack, Defend, Heal Order) may not be used for the effect of this move due to the hive being too riled up to respond normally.

Usage Gap: 9 Actions

Last edited:

When coated by these pungent pheromones, a target is immediately attacked, and continually so until the scent adequately dissipated. The powerful chemicals give off a short, but potent burst, however they will become too weak to cause reaction within a hive after three actions on their own. Submerging oneself in water or magma/fire will immediately degrade the chemicals, as will being struck with a Water or Fire-typed attack - however on their own, Water and Fire-type Pokémon receive no reductions. After hitting a target with this move, Niflheim may attack in conjunction with her insects for the remaining effect, effectively granting her multiple effects per action - however, she is unable to be as precise as she would while attacking alone, making her hits lose some of their power and sometimes fail outright. After usage, it takes some time to recharge her pheromone stores.

Hunter: An evolved hive warrior with a more durable stinger, the Hunter will make multiple attacks on an opponent within a single action. However, as an exchange for this durability its stinger is far smaller and its single-strike damage is far below the Striker's. The Hunter will perform 1-5 attacks in a single turn at 2% damage per successful hit. Each strike has 85% accuracy, and missing does NOT override the number of strikes it is meant to perform. (For example, if a Hunter rolls for 4 attacks, hits twice, then misses, it will still attempt its fourth attack.)

Nosferatu: An offensive utility drone, the Nosferatu focuses on keeping its hive healthy by converting an enemy's life force and transferring it to allies. The Nos deals base 3% Bug-typed damage at 90% accuracy to an opponent, and the next action will return it to Niflheim as converted health, recovering her. In addition, Nos' may be commanded to return this health to an ally, instead - but only when the move is initially used. For the duration of the move, any spawned Nos' will then return their health to an ally, instead.

Templar: An offensive support drone, the Templar lacks any form of attacking on its own. What it does have, however, is a chemical cocktail of spores, poisons, and other nasties in which to assist in taking down an opponent. When a Templar is selected, it will attack its opponent at 90% accuracy and randomly inflict either Moderate Paralysis, Poison, Confusion, Burn or Sleep. Immunities apply, and Templar cannot differentiate Pokémon targets based on immunities - thus if Poison is selected against a Steel-typed target, the Templar will have no effect that action, and so-on.

Effects: Coats a target Pokémon in a pheromone spray which provokes a swarm of insect hive warrior-types to assault a target for the duration of its effect. (Default 3 actions.) Niflheim may attack in conjunction in subsequent turns after using this move, however Niflheim herself suffers a damage penalty of 25% (Subtracted from a move's Base Power) as well as Accuracy penalty of 10%. One insect will attack every action, and insect types which attack are selected at random and the effect of this move is based on which is selected. Insects always attack immediately before Niflheim, including when using priority moves. All Bug-Typed damage dealt is modified by Swarm and other Bug-type boosters, but not by stat boosts.
If a Pokémon affected by this move is struck by a Water or Fire-Type move, the moves effect ends immediately. Additionally, Pokémon with the Flame Body, Magma Armour, and Water Veil abilities are cleansed from its effect after only one action instead of three. Niflheim's Move Mod specials (Attack, Defend, Heal Order) may not be used for the effect of this move due to the hive being too riled up to respond normally.

Usage Gap: 9 Actions

Sure, I think that's balanced enough. Approved.

Great~ Thanks Chiro.

So anyway, in the mean time for those attributes I'll be making yet another purchase, cause who wants to be rich, anyhow?

[The Grouch] Burmy *Trash Cloak* (Female)
<Shed Skin>

For £15

Great~ Thanks Chiro.

So anyway, in the mean time for those attributes I'll be making yet another purchase, cause who wants to be rich, anyhow?

[The Grouch] Burmy *Trash Cloak* (Female)
<Shed Skin>

For £15

Approved.

Also, a trade I forgot to get approved!

uh dunno what links i need exactly so one two?

[Apollo] Nidoran (M)

Approved.

Also, a trade I forgot to get approved!

uh dunno what links i need exactly so one two?

[Apollo] Nidoran (M)

Approved. And for myself (not really)...

Buying two Pokemon. Lessee...

[Lutchrium] Nidoran Male (M)
Ability: Rivalry

[Lutchrium] Yanma (F)
Ability: Speed Boost

That's $27, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom