• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

I feel christmassy, so let it snow, let it snow, let it Snover~
(With a new signature move)

Spheal
Odobenus (Male)
Ability:
Thick Fat
Approval

Signature move: Snowstorm

Odobenus has always loved the snow. He longs for it to snow all year round, and always despaired that he couldn't just point to the heavens and call forth a snowstorm. Sure, he could Blizzard, but that's not the same, you can't roll around in it afterwards or make snowmen. So naturally, when he learned of the move 'Hail', he was delighted: here at last was the way! But he tried it, and he was disappointed by the results: no snow, just heavy hurty hailstones.
Later, on a boring day, he was experimenting with his moves, varying the amount of energy he put into them, and he tried it with Hail: putting in considerably less Ice-typed energy ensured that the water didn't freeze as hard as a rock, and he had made snow.
Naturally, he was delighted.
Odobenus' snowstorm begins with him focusing his energy, similar to Hail, and becoming enshrouded in a blue aura. The aura then becomes a beam that shoots into the sky, where thick, dark clouds gather, and the ambient temperature falls noticably. Snow begins falling, stinging the faces of those non-ice-types but hey what can you do it's snow, and then slowly building up into a nice thick snowy wonderland, albeit one that eventually melts.
The falling snow damages non-ice-types, albeit slightly less than a full-blown Hailstorm, every turn, and has the same effects as Hail on Solarbeam, Moonlight, Morning Sun, and so on. Castform also changes to its snowcloud form, and Weather Ball becomes ice-type. Its duration is extended by the Ice Rock just as Hail's would have been.
The snow builds up, about half a centimetre per action, until it's a snowy wonderland. Once the snow is about one-and-a-half centimetres deep, it can be used to make snowballs, which can be thrown at a Pokémon for light damage. It can also be used to build snowmen, but that's beside the point. The snow will melt slowly once the clouds roll away, taking about three rounds to fade completely under normal conditions, one round under Sunny Day, and melting instantly if struck by a fire-type move. An extraordianarily hot arena can also make it melt faster, the exact rates up to the ref.
If the snow gets deep enough, it could well slow down non-ice-type Pokémon trying to move through it, the exact rates up to the ref. Fire-types, naturally, are exempt from this effect due to the heat they generate.

Type: Bug / Stat: Other / Base Damage (%): N/A / Accuracy: N/A / Target: Field / Energy: 5% / Duration: Weather Effect

Effects
Odobenus focuses his energy, becoming enshrouded in a chilly blue aura. After a few moments, the aura forms a beam that shoots up into the sky, conjuring up thick, dark clouds even as the temperature of the field drops perceptibly. Snow shortly begin to pour down. Under these conditions, Solarbeam's power is reduced and it takes more energy to charge, Blizzard's accuracy is raised to 100%, and Moonlight and Morning Sun have their max recovery potential lowered to 33%. All non-ice-type Pokémon also take a very small amount of damage per action if they are exposed to the hailstones. After a few actions, the snow will be deep enough for any Pokémon to take an action to throw snowballs at the opponent, which hit for ~2-3% ice-type damage. Castform changes to its snowcloud form and Weather Ball becomes ice-type while this move is in effect. Should Odobenus be holding the Ice Rock, it extends this move's duration accordingly.

Usage gap: two rounds after the snow stops falling.

...this sig move is identical to the move Hail. You even accidentally refer to the snow as "hailstones" at one point. I don't think the "but they can make snowballs" is enough of a distinction :v Also, not that it matters much, but why Bug-type?

It's intended to be slightly weaker than Hail but have the snowball thing, but I guess I didn't make that clear. The 'hailstones' error was a c/p editing that I didn't complete, I guess, and I have no idea why I wrote bug-type. Weird.

Fixed the errors and made the weak...er...ness clearer.

Spheal.png

Odobenus (Male)
Ability:
Thick Fat
Approval

Odobenus has always loved the snow. He longs for it to snow all year round, and always despaired that he couldn't just point to the heavens and call forth a snowstorm. Sure, he could Blizzard, but that's not the same, you can't roll around in it afterwards or make snowmen. So naturally, when he learned of the move 'Hail', he was delighted: here at last was the way! But he tried it, and he was disappointed by the results: no snow, just heavy hurty hailstones.
Later, on a boring day, he was experimenting with his moves, varying the amount of energy he put into them, and he tried it with Hail: putting in considerably less Ice-typed energy ensured that the water didn't freeze as hard as a rock, and he had made snow.
Odobenus' snowstorm begins with him focusing his energy, similar to Hail, and becoming enshrouded in a blue aura. The aura then becomes a beam that shoots into the sky, where thick, dark clouds gather, and the ambient temperature falls noticably. Snow begins falling, stinging the faces of those non-ice-types but hey what can you do it's snow, and then slowly building up into a nice thick snowy wonderland, albeit one that eventually melts.
The falling snow damages non-ice-types, albeit slightly less than a full-blown Hailstorm, every turn, and has the same effects as Hail on Solarbeam, Moonlight, Morning Sun, and so on. Castform also changes to its snowcloud form, and Weather Ball becomes ice-type. Its duration is extended by the Ice Rock just as Hail's would have been.
The snow builds up, about half a centimetre per action, until it's a snowy wonderland. Once the snow is about one-and-a-half centimetres deep, it can be used to make snowballs, which can be thrown at a Pokémon for light damage. It can also be used to build snowmen, but that's beside the point. The snow will melt slowly once the clouds roll away, taking about three rounds to fade completely under normal conditions, one round under Sunny Day, and melting instantly if struck by a fire-type move. An extraordianarily hot arena can also make it melt faster, the exact rates up to the ref.
If the snow gets deep enough, it could well slow down non-ice-type Pokémon trying to move through it, the exact rates up to the ref. Fire-types, naturally, are exempt from this effect due to the heat they generate.

Type: Ice / Stat: Other / Base Damage (%): N/A / Accuracy: N/A / Target: Field / Energy: 5% / Duration: Weather Effect

Effects
Odobenus focuses his energy, becoming enshrouded in a chilly blue aura. After a few moments, the aura forms a beam that shoots up into the sky, conjuring up thick, dark clouds even as the temperature of the field drops perceptibly. Snow shortly begin to pour down. Under these conditions, Solarbeam's power is reduced and it takes more energy to charge, Blizzard's accuracy is raised to 100%, and Moonlight and Morning Sun have their max recovery potential lowered to 33%. All non-ice-type Pokémon also take a small amount of damage per action (less than they would take from Hail) if they are exposed to the snowstorm. After a few actions, the snow will be deep enough for any Pokémon to take an action to throw snowballs at the opponent, which hit for ~2-3% ice-type damage. Castform changes to its snowcloud form and Weather Ball becomes ice-type while this move is in effect. Should Odobenus be holding the Ice Rock, it extends this move's duration accordingly.

Now that Death Cannon has evolved, I can make its Sig Attribute more powerful, right?

[Death Cannon]Porygon2(-)

Sig Attribute: Broadband High-Speed Internet Connection

Porygon are known as the virtual pokemon -- besides being the first pokemon created by humans, they basically live their lives in electronic equipment and can even turn themselves into data. Because of their special ability to work in cyberspace, porygons are widely used to help write programs, fight viruses, and even hack into other computers. However, the most common usage for porygon is actually as a browser for the internet. A porygon can connect itself (provided that it has the permission to) to the internet and access the numerous data in many different servers around the world, obtaining information otherwise inaccessible, chat with people in the other side of the globe, or perhaps just play online flash games. However the cheaper or free connections are usually flooded with porygon, all trying to get to the internet without paying. This cause the information flow to slow down, causing most porygon to be extremely sluggish and slow.

However, Death Cannon's owner had decided to spend some cash and bought some broad band high-speed internet connection for its porygon. Death Cannon can now access the internet faster than ever, giving it an edge in battle as well as the ability to load The Cave of Dragonflies Forums in under a second. Death Cannon's owner isn't the only one who decided to buy broad band connection though; sometimes, too many people will decide to go on the internet at once and cause clogging, thus lowering Death Cannon's speed.

After spending its cash on an Up-Grade and crashing its way through a battle, Death Cannon's trainer finally evolved its Porygon into a Porygon2. With its new awesome powers, Death Cannon now moves faster than ever and can smash other Porygons in the way of its internet highway with its powered-up attacks.

Effects: Death Cannon's base speed is 125; however, at the end of every round, there is a 15% chance of that its speed will go down by a modifier of 1. The speed decrease is not permanent, meaning that attacks such as Agility can raise it, although it still cannot reach past the +- 6 limit.

(This sounds a bit convoluted. I'll try to clarify it if it doesn't make sense)

It's intended to be slightly weaker than Hail but have the snowball thing, but I guess I didn't make that clear. The 'hailstones' error was a c/p editing that I didn't complete, I guess, and I have no idea why I wrote bug-type. Weird.

Fixed the errors and made the weak...er...ness clearer.

Spheal.png

Odobenus (Male)
Ability:
Thick Fat
Approval

Type: Ice / Stat: Other / Base Damage (%): N/A / Accuracy: N/A / Target: Field / Energy: 5% / Duration: Weather Effect

Effects
Odobenus focuses his energy, becoming enshrouded in a chilly blue aura. After a few moments, the aura forms a beam that shoots up into the sky, conjuring up thick, dark clouds even as the temperature of the field drops perceptibly. Snow shortly begin to pour down. Under these conditions, Solarbeam's power is reduced and it takes more energy to charge, Blizzard's accuracy is raised to 100%, and Moonlight and Morning Sun have their max recovery potential lowered to 33%. All non-ice-type Pokémon also take a small amount of damage per action (less than they would take from Hail) if they are exposed to the snowstorm. After a few actions, the snow will be deep enough for any Pokémon to take an action to throw snowballs at the opponent, which hit for ~2-3% ice-type damage. Castform changes to its snowcloud form and Weather Ball becomes ice-type while this move is in effect. Should Odobenus be holding the Ice Rock, it extends this move's duration accordingly.

Still way too similar to hail. Just slap a body modification on him instead, modifying the ordinary hail attacks Odobenus makes so that they behave this way instead.

Now that Death Cannon has evolved, I can make its Sig Attribute more powerful, right?

[Death Cannon]Porygon2(-)

Sig Attribute: Broadband High-Speed Internet Connection

Porygon are known as the virtual pokemon -- besides being the first pokemon created by humans, they basically live their lives in electronic equipment and can even turn themselves into data. Because of their special ability to work in cyberspace, porygons are widely used to help write programs, fight viruses, and even hack into other computers. However, the most common usage for porygon is actually as a browser for the internet. A porygon can connect itself (provided that it has the permission to) to the internet and access the numerous data in many different servers around the world, obtaining information otherwise inaccessible, chat with people in the other side of the globe, or perhaps just play online flash games. However the cheaper or free connections are usually flooded with porygon, all trying to get to the internet without paying. This cause the information flow to slow down, causing most porygon to be extremely sluggish and slow.

However, Death Cannon's owner had decided to spend some cash and bought some broad band high-speed internet connection for its porygon. Death Cannon can now access the internet faster than ever, giving it an edge in battle as well as the ability to load The Cave of Dragonflies Forums in under a second. Death Cannon's owner isn't the only one who decided to buy broad band connection though; sometimes, too many people will decide to go on the internet at once and cause clogging, thus lowering Death Cannon's speed.

After spending its cash on an Up-Grade and crashing its way through a battle, Death Cannon's trainer finally evolved its Porygon into a Porygon2. With its new awesome powers, Death Cannon now moves faster than ever and can smash other Porygons in the way of its internet highway with its powered-up attacks.

Effects: Death Cannon's base speed is 125; however, at the end of every round, there is a 15% chance of that its speed will go down by a modifier of 1. The speed decrease is not permanent, meaning that attacks such as Agility can raise it, although it still cannot reach past the +- 6 limit.

(This sounds a bit convoluted. I'll try to clarify it if it doesn't make sense)
Decrease the speed to something more like 90; otherwise, if you increase the multiplier on speed again for the evolution to porygon-z you'll probably end up with something 250+, which is a little ridiculous.

Meh. It was really just an ill-thought thing that I'm not too fond of anymore. I'll give up on it.

Now, for me:
Drowzee
(Male)
Ability:
Insomnia
Move Mod: None
Body Mod: None

Banklinkgoeshere

Last edited:

ENORMOUS CHRISTMAS SHOPPING LIST TIEM featuring a load of randomised gifts. YEAH THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR NOT KEEPING A WISHLIST

Rotom (X) <Levitate>
Charmander (M) <Blaze>
Duskull (M) <Levitate>
Riolu (M) <Inner Focus>
Mudkip (M) <Torrent>
Dunsparce (F) <Serene Grace>
Onix (M) <Rock Head>
Cacnea (M) <Sand Veil>
Miltank (F) <Scrappy>
Sheildon (M) <Sturdy>
Meowth (M) <Pickup>
Meowth (M) <Technician>
Meowth (F) <Pickup>
Meowth (F) <Technician>
Meowth (M) <Pickup>
Meowth (M) <Technician>
Meowth (F) <Pickup>
Meowth (M) <Technician>
Meowth (M) <Pickup>
Meowth (F) <Technician>
Meowth (F) <Pickup>
Meowth (M) <Technician>
Meowth (M) <Pickup>

And a Moon Stone, Reaper Cloth, and Metal Coat.

WHY YES THAT IS THIRTEEN MEOWTHS

Last edited:

ENORMOUS CHRISTMAS SHOPPING LIST TIEM featuring a load of randomised gifts. YEAH THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR NOT KEEPING A WISHLIST

Rotom (X) <Levitate>
Charmander (M) <Blaze>
Duskull (M) <Levitate>
Riolu (M) <Inner Focus>
Mudkip (M) <Torrent>
Onix (M) <Rock Head>
Cacnea (M) <Sand Veil>
Miltank (F) <Scrappy>
Sheildon (M) <Sturdy>
Meowth (M) <Pickup>
Meowth (M) <Technician>
Meowth (F) <Pickup>
Meowth (F) <Technician>
Meowth (M) <Pickup>
Meowth (M) <Technician>
Meowth (F) <Pickup>
Meowth (M) <Technician>
Meowth (M) <Pickup>
Meowth (F) <Technician>
Meowth (F) <Pickup>
Meowth (M) <Technician>
Meowth (M) <Pickup>

WHY YES THAT IS THIRTEEN MEOWTHS

Should have made it 11 so I could tell you that's ridiculous, it's not even funny.
Because it is.

Also that comes to 322. Fuck maths.

WELL I NEEDED ANOTHER MEOWTH ANYWAY SO THERE
seriously, another meowth. what is wrong with me

Rotom (X) <Levitate>
Charmander (M) <Blaze>
Duskull (M) <Levitate>
Riolu (M) <Inner Focus>
Mudkip (M) <Torrent>
Onix (M) <Rock Head>
Cacnea (M) <Sand Veil>
Miltank (F) <Scrappy>
Sheildon (M) <Sturdy>
Meowth (M) <Pickup>
Meowth (M) <Technician>
Meowth (F) <Pickup>
Meowth (F) <Technician>
Meowth (M) <Pickup>
Meowth (M) <Technician>
Meowth (F) <Pickup>
Meowth (M) <Technician>
Meowth (M) <Pickup>
Meowth (F) <Technician>
Meowth (F) <Pickup>
Meowth (M) <Technician>
Meowth (M) <Pickup>
Meowth (F) <Technician>

Bank Post 2: The Repostening

WELL I NEEDED ANOTHER MEOWTH ANYWAY SO THERE
seriously, another meowth. what is wrong with me

Rotom (X) <Levitate>
Charmander (M) <Blaze>
Duskull (M) <Levitate>
Riolu (M) <Inner Focus>
Mudkip (M) <Torrent>
Onix (M) <Rock Head>
Cacnea (M) <Sand Veil>
Miltank (F) <Scrappy>
Sheildon (M) <Sturdy>
Meowth (M) <Pickup>
Meowth (M) <Technician>
Meowth (F) <Pickup>
Meowth (F) <Technician>
Meowth (M) <Pickup>
Meowth (M) <Technician>
Meowth (F) <Pickup>
Meowth (M) <Technician>
Meowth (M) <Pickup>
Meowth (F) <Technician>
Meowth (F) <Pickup>
Meowth (M) <Technician>
Meowth (M) <Pickup>
Meowth (F) <Technician>

Bank Post 2: The Repostening

Many, Many things.

Approval: Episode 1 - Who the fuck let the director into the CGI budget?

[Mike] Meowth (Male)
Ability: Pickup

Mike don't look at this! *ties bow around the Meowth that so obviously isn't his present* (Cos he totally needs MOAR) And it's possible to add mods and such at a later date, isn't it?

Oh look, money!

Ok, first I'm getting a Birthday present for someone.

[Vinny] Shinx (m)
Ability: Intimidate

*hands over the $7*

Ok...now for other shopping.

[] Croagunk (M)
Ability: Anticipation

[] Taillow (F)
Ability: Guts

[] Skitty (M)
Ability: Normalize

[] Horsea (F)
Ability: Sniper

[] Gulpin (M)
Ability: Sticky Hold

[] Cherubi (F)
Ability: Chlorophyll

[] Shuppet (M)
Ability: Frisk

[] Slugma (M)
Ability: Flame Body

*Hands over $76 more*

So here, have my money

Last edited:

Ok, first I'm getting a Birthday present for someone.

[Vinny] Shinx (m)
Ability: Intimidate

*hands over the $7*

Ok...now for other shopping.

[] Croagunk (M)
Ability: Anticipation

[] Taillow (F)
Ability: Guts

[] Skitty (M)
Ability: Normalize

[] Horsea (F)
Ability: Sniper