• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon theories / thoughts

Superbird

Fire emblem is great
For instance, hypothetical scenarios, and interesting questions about the universe that are never really explained. I have two, for example:

~If Metagross were to play Alakazam in a game of chess, which of them would win? They both know Future Sight, too, so it would be a battle of the outpredicting skill of four supercomputers vs. an IQ of 5000.

~Can Porygon enter Metagross as they would a regular computer? For that matter, where does Beldum even come from? Is it natural or man-made?

~What really happened to Gary's Raticate? Did it really die, or was it just stuffed in a PC box?

~Was the baby Kangaskhan really supposed to be connected with Cubones?

-Why are there so few wild starter Pokemon? If they're all critically endangered, then why give them away to people? Why not breed the few that are left?

Tauros and Miltank could still get a common pre-evo, but how do Hitmons and Braviary reproduce? Do they keep Dittos for that purpose?

-What exactly is inside Cloyster's shell?

Pure awesomeness

A mass of gooey muscles, most likely.

Why do certain Pokémon evolve in collection to certain materials it makes nooo sense.
Like Scyther+Metal Coat= Armoured Scyther. The molten metal fuses with the Pokémon? Is that not incredibly painful?

And is Gengar Clefairy's shadow?

-Why are there so few wild starter Pokemon? If they're all critically endangered, then why give them away to people? Why not breed the few that are left?
In-game they're not really distributed like that, and have only been known to be given to the player character and their rival (and, in D/P/Pt, the third main character. and, in B/W, their other rival). I prefer to think of it that way -- it also explains why few trainers are ever seen with these species.

(I think at least the anime contradicts me here but I don't usually take it into consideration)

Why do certain Pokémon evolve in collection to certain materials it makes nooo sense.
Like Scyther+Metal Coat= Armoured Scyther. The molten metal fuses with the Pokémon? Is that not incredibly painful?
I think the real question here is what trading does to Pokémon. Some of them evolve when traded without even needing a hold item, after all.

Maybe a lot of compression happens in there? It would explain quite a few evolutions.

Tauros and Miltank could still get a common pre-evo, but how do Hitmons and Braviary reproduce? Do they keep Dittos for that purpose?
Non-sexually perhaps?

What does Diglett look like if you pull it out of the ground?!?
In PMD it's implied that they at least have feet. Personally, I think it's a lot more ordinary than most people picture, but seeing the crazy theories on this can be plenty of fun.

I love this thread. I'm always making up explanations like this.

And is Gengar Clefairy's shadow?

Yes. I have some wild theory that Gengar was created when moonlight shined on a Clefairy's shadow, bringing it to life or something magikcally.
Sounded better in my head.

Darkaura said:
~Was the baby Kangaskhan really supposed to be connected with Cubones?
Uh, haven't you heard? They were originally going to program it to be.

How the fart do Eevee even live? They have such a potential for evolution, just thinking about all the undeveloped Eletricty sacs and Fire sacs in an Eevee's body confuses me...
...well, that's more musing then asking a question, but whatever.

~If Metagross were to play Alakazam in a game of chess, which of them would win? They both know Future Sight, too, so it would be a battle of the outpredicting skill of four supercomputers vs. an IQ of 5000.

~Can Porygon enter Metagross as they would a regular computer? For that matter, where does Beldum even come from? Is it natural or man-made?

~Stalemate. Every time.

~Metagross are computers, so probably if they connected to the internet or something. I think Metagross/Beldum are like starfish; Cut off one leg and it'll grow back, while the cut off part becomes a beldum.

Metagross Beldum
See how Beldum looks like Metagross' leg, just smaller?

How the fart do Eevee even live? They have such a potential for evolution, just thinking about all the undeveloped Eletricty sacs and Fire sacs in an Eevee's body confuses me...
...well, that's more musing then asking a question, but whatever.
Radiation seems to have a lot to do with how they evolve.

~Metagross are computers, so probably if they connected to the internet or something. I think Metagross/Beldum are like starfish; Cut off one leg and it'll grow back, while the cut off part becomes a beldum.
They aren't, they're merely compared to computers often on their Pokédex entries. The Sapphire entry even mentions them eating prey, which means they're most likely normal animals, far removed from normal as they may be.

On the topic of Beldum, why the fuck is it so hard to catch?
It was not originally meant to be -- in its debut it was a gift Pokémon.

In-game, you could argue that it's not only at least a quarter as smart as a supercomputer but also heavily armoured. Or maybe its magnetism can mess with Pokéballs.

It was not originally meant to be -- in its debut it was a gift Pokémon.

In-game, you could argue that it's not only at least a quarter as smart as a supercomputer but also heavily armoured. Or maybe its magnetism can mess with Pokéballs.

I prefer the smart part. Charmander, a gift, is much easier to catch and Magnemite for example doesn't mess with Poké Balls.

I think they forgot to tune its catch rate, though. Being harder to catch than Mewtwo is a bit silly.

Back
Top Bottom