• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

Uh, maybe. Raichu sorta sucks more than most people think, but it is the evo of the game's mascot, pretty much.

Then again, if they gave weak Pokémon Mega evos, then they wouldn't really be all that coveted, really. I'm still going with the list I posted.

Then again, if they gave weak Pokémon Mega evos, then they wouldn't really be all that coveted, really. I'm still going with the list I posted.

If they gave strong Pokemon mega evos, though, that would be far too much power

cities destroyed

humans eradicated

mega pokemon now rule

(okay but seriously I thought a major point was to boost pokemon who weren't as good as they could be? like DUNSPARCE DEAR LORD PLEASE MEGA EVO THAT THING AND MAKE IT PART-OR-FULL-DRAGON)

Not only that but we would have more ubers than ever before and that tier is banned at most if not all competitions XD.:)

So, Pokemon Direct! Kanto starter mega evolutions confirmed, plus Pokemon Bank and older-gen pokemon transfers!

Mega Venusaur gets Thick Fat, Mega Charizard gets Drought and Mega Blastoise gets Mega Launcher (which powers up pulse attacks).
Official art under spoiler:
T9SNHtF.jpg

NSgTtJR.jpg

0v9eGMw.jpg
The bracelet that the trainers have is called Mega Ring, and it's connected to Mega Evolution. There was some stuff about the bond between the trainer and the pokemon, so Pokemon-Amie probably plays some kinda role in Mega Evolution too.

You'll get your Kalos starter from one of your friends/rivals instead of the professor. Apparently Sycamore is so old school that he'll give you the Kanto starter of your choice at some point in the game. Thanks in advance, prof!

Pokemon Bank is an internet-based pokemon storage service (which has an annual fee, apparently $5) with space for 3000 pokemon per user. You can also transfer pokes from Pokemon B/W/B2/W2 with a special app to Pokemon Bank and from there, to X and Y. There will be a free trial period during which people who don't want to pay anything will be able to transfer their old Pokemon, which I think is really great.

Opinion time:
Idk how I feel about Pokemon Bank, I don't really need it because the in-game boxes are enough for me. Definitely gonna transfer some of my old pretties over to X/Y during the free trial period, though!

The mega evos look pretty fine to me! Mega Charizard is cute, Mega Venusaur looks kinda like a carnival float (note: this is not a bad thing) and Mega Blastoise has funny eyebrows. :D
I guess it would've been cool if they'd revealed some new pokes, but I guess the next Corocoro'll probably do just that.

Bank.

This is basically what I've been waiting for. This is how you keep your Pokémon from game-to-game without painful link trading. Unfortunately, it's a yearly fee.

Also, all of the new Megas look pretty terrible except Venusaur.

BUT WAIT

There apparently was a new pokemon! I didn't notice it while watching, but thankfully others did; it appears for the tiniest split-second at 15:16 in the presentation and probably wasn't supposed to be shown.
EPv3bpo.jpg

It looks like some kinda dog thing? Doesn't really look like it's related to any of the currently-revealed pokemon.
I wonder if it'll be shown in the next Corocoro :O

The Kanto MegaEvolutions excite me beyond reason. Sure, Charizard and Blastoise look cartoony, moreso than their normal selves, but Blastoise now has arm cannons and a huge cumbersome back cannon like a tank. And I was just wondering if Blastoise would even have cannons anymore if it was introduced in one of the more recent generations. And Venusaur has Thick Fat does nobody else realize what a great idea Thick Fat is on a Grass type

I do actually prefer Charizard's traditional design but I still think MegaCharizard looks awesome.

There will be a free trial period during which people who don't want to pay anything will be able to transfer their old Pokemon, which I think is really great.

Really? I must've missed that bit. I was going to come in here to complain that I'd have to pay to transfer.

Did anyone catch the fact that all three of the Kanto starters are given to the player directly after picking the Kalos one?

Really? I must've missed that bit. I was going to come in here to complain that I'd have to pay to transfer.
I'm not sure if they even said it during the presentation (probably not, because I first found about it on Pokebeach even though I watched the thing when it aired), but it does say so on the official page:
"Look forward to a free trial period after the launch of Pokémon Bank. Be sure to try out the software for yourself during this time to see everything that Pokémon Bank has to offer!"

I probably would've complained too if I hadn't read that part anywhere. I'm really glad they chose to do this free trial thing, since I don't really need millions of boxes anyway and just want to get my old 'mons transferred.

I don't remember reading/hearing anything about when exactly Sycamore gives you the Kanto starter either. :?
The official site just says you get one from him, but that's about it.

Ahh, now I don't know what starter to get.

Mega Charizard looks cool and can be my flyer, but I always choose Bulbasaur.

And I want to get Fennekin, but I don't want double types!

I'm starting to think Frokie and Charmander, because there aren't any water types I really like otherwise and I don't really want Noivern that much.

So either Fennekin, Clauncher, Bulbasaur, Noivern, Inkay, and Sylveon

Or Frokie, Ohrotto, Charmander, Inkay, Slyveon, and an electric type.

"Look forward to a free trial period after the launch of Pokémon Bank. Be sure to try out the software for yourself during this time to see everything that Pokémon Bank has to offer!"

Hmm, that's worded a bit oddly. "During this time" so does that mean it's going to be free for everyone at the same time before the annual fee kicks in, rather than everyone getting a certain amount of free time before they have to pay?

At least Pokebeach states that "There will be a free one month trial period until January 31st.".
I guess that means you can start your free trial whenever you want during that time? Idk, maybe we'll get more detailed info on that later.

EDIT: Oh, the Bank app itself will be released on December 25th in Japan and December 27th in Europe.
So, yeah, everyone who doesn't want to pay for it will have to dump all their old pokes into X/Y pretty much at the same time.

Last edited:
Honestly as far as I'm concerned the most important revelation here is:

sept_bank_p3_01_quoa3.jpg

Female Magnezone.

Maybe it's just an "if this then" kind of thing? I don't know about that, it would make no sense.

Back
Top Bottom