• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

Male Gothitelle is generally unaccepted and no one wants one

If you have the option between a female and a male one, I'm sure we would all pick the female one

Male Gardevoir says hi. And reminds you that Gallade was introduced a Gen later.

Also, female Mr. Mime, Alakazam, Machamp, etc.

EDIT: Mochacastle, please watch what you say, you're going to offend people. (Besides, it's very silly to even care. I've always wanted a female Espeon but I've never actually gotten a female Eevee. But you know what? I evolve it anyway.) Also, Blaziken is a masculine looking Pokémon but I always want a female Torchic when I start the game.

That... opinion aside, the point was that GameFreak has done it before. Why would they have a problem with doing it again?

My use of Sylveon depends on a few factors:

*If it's Bug or Normal, I'll just get Espeon
*If it's Flying, I'll using if one of its attack stats are good and it learns Fly and use Gardevoir for my Psychic type. Otherwise I'll stick with gold old Espeon.
*If it's a new type, I'll place it in my Wild Card spot instead of a Dark or Ghost type and use Gardevoir for my Psychic type.

Male Gardevoir says hi. And reminds you that Gallade was introduced a Gen later.

Also, female Mr. Mime.
Not to really detract from the argument, but keep in mind Japan didn't have nearly the reaction to Gardevoir as the western world did (to my knowledge) and Mr. Mime's Japanese name doesn't imply gender at all.

That said, I really hope they don't make Sylveon female-only for both ideological and practical reasons. The name is implying Flying, but I'd reaaaally rather it be Normal. (Especially since it'd be so bizarre as a Flying-type; I mean, it's clearly grounded and yet it'd be immune to Earthquake?)

Makes as much sense as Doduo/Dodrio.
They're birds and can learn Fly (yes, I know ostriches can't fly, but they're still birds.)

I mean, I guess it could be ridiculous for ridiculous' sake, but Pokémon hasn't really resorted to that before.

A friend of mine from school seems utterly convinced there is going to be a new type, and that type is either going to be light (because dark is a thing) or magic (because of the cards attack in the video). A fairy Pokemon seems... kind of magical... ugh. I think we have enough types though.

Also, is the cards attack not... pretty obviously Trump Card? Eevee learns it.

EDIT: Oh Kratos beat me awhile back. I'd put more stock in Light-type than Flying.

bigcupofshutthefuckup.jpg

seriously man please just stop. you are not endearing yourself to anyone and your posts are potentially triggering.

bigcupofshutthefuckup.jpg

seriously man please just stop. you are not endearing yourself to anyone and your posts are potentially triggering.
I'm just saying

It's not like it's particularly intelligent to point out, "oh this exists even though it looks like a guy/chick" even though I was suggesting it was possible that such a thing MIGHT exist. It's a little frustrating, actually

It's pretty silly to argue a Pokémon "looks like a chick" or whatever. So do peacocks, but that doesn't mean they're all female - in fact, it's the males that have those ridiculous tails, while the females look sensible. Human gender stereotypes don't apply to animals, and Pokémon are animals - if a Pokémon looks "girly", that has very little bearing on what its gender ratio is or should be.

That's aside from the fact that rigidly enforcing gender normativity, such as by saying something that looks "girly" should always be female, has some very bad associations for a lot of members here, who have personally experienced being ostracized or bullied for not conforming to social norms about gender. Please be mindful of stuff like that - it can be triggering.

I agree. But it's pink and has ribbons and flowers. No matter what your argument is, the ratio will probably be predominantly female. I was only suggesting something, I really see no need to get pushy.

I agree. But it's pink and has ribbons and flowers. No matter what your argument is, the ratio will probably be predominantly female. I was only suggesting something, I really see no need to get pushy.

It's either 100% female or 12.5% female. The only other theoretically possible combination would be 100% male (barring them pulling another Azurill).

We aren't being pushy, you are wording things in ways that could potentially offend users here.

I don't get how having flowers and being pink makes it girly. Bellossom has flowers and has 50/50 gender, for example.
Also wigglytuff is pink, clefairy is pink...ect.

That's aside from the fact that rigidly enforcing gender normativity, such as by saying something that looks "girly" should always be female, has some very bad associations for a lot of members here, who have personally experienced being ostracized or bullied for not conforming to social norms about gender. Please be mindful of stuff like that - it can be triggering.

do you know what a trigger is

does the idea that saying something is "girly" might severely offend people make any sense to you

Back
Top Bottom