• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

Oh! Fennekin evo has a broom tail! (Fire/Psychic? that would be REALLY GREAT)

and now i'm SO GLAD I WANTED FROAKIE IT LOOKS SO RAD

Wow so much new stuff.

So I'm really liking Team Flare. And I like a lot of the new Pokés (psychic gendercats = want). I am... somewhat disappointed by Fennekin's evo. The design looks very awkward, especially being bipedal. Froakie's looks awesome though. And Chespin's evo is pretty out there... but ridiculously adorable.

Mega Garchomp is terrifying. Wasn't non-mega Garchomp powerful enough? iirc there will be a Mega Dragonite and a Mega Salamence, and I'm actually pretty stoked to see them. Mewtwo's new mega form is rather cool. Although I wonder if any other Pokémon will get more than one mega form?

New type chart is also a pretty good update. I like that poison and steel have more use now, offensively. But wasn't that already confirmed? I'm not sure now. The fact that fairy is immune to dragon is actually pretty cool.

the broomstick seems to be an important development. But if that evo knows psyshock, then maybe the final evo is part psychic? and chespin was a bit of a surprise i did not see it going that way at all.

HOLY SHIT DINOSAURS THO. A t rex with a biting-specific iron fist that is a freakin rock/dragon type, and a rock/ice type fossil in the form of the most adorable thing i have ever seen with an ice-type normalize. Not only is it cute and perhaps the coolest thing but it is also yet another dragon killer this gen. but i really like them i want them both but especially the diplodocus.

gender differentiation in species? customizable poodle-pokemon? customizable player character? all of these are good things.

I like that fairy type is weak to steel. That goes along with a bit of mythology, so that's cool. As for steel, i don't think the change will be noticed much outside of steel/psychic types and honedge.

Okay this update has cemented this part of my team:

1. Fennekin (Vulpecula) (will be trying for a female)
2. Bulbasaur (Ralph)
3. A water type
4. A flying type
5. Nyaonikusu (Kattöfrar)
6. Sylveon (Sylfée)

Thanks to the irc people for Nickname help.

Actually realized I'm excited for dragonite and salamence mega-evos. They could both really use redesigns so if they're done well, they might be actually good. I'll probably still dislike them but the possibilities!

Chespin's evolution is... special, to say the least. I seriously hope it turns out cool, because I want to have a Chespin/Squirtle/Torchic thing going on. With the poodle 'mons we can finally have haircut brothers that actually do haircuts. And that ice/type adorableness and the dragon T Rex will have the best looking evolutions ever, no doubt.

eeeeee so much excitement

So we've got this adorable psychic cat that differs depending on gender, the dark blue ones being female an attacking oriented and the white ones being male and support oriented. They're just so adorable and I just want to hug them and love them forever and ever. <3 Think they might be the rumored Espurr?

MegaMewtwotwo isn't that appealing to me... but I'm picking Y anyway, so I'll get my hands on MegaMewtwo instead.

OH MY GOD FENNEKIN'S EVOLUTION I LOVE IT <3 Seriously, I love how it's standing upright and and and and—! Oh, it's really tempting me to pick that instead of Chespin.

Froakie's evolution looks pretty rad.

Chespin's... will its final evolution look better? I mean, it's so perfectly round and it looks like it wouldn't be able to manage to walk without falling on its face. D: And the pointy nose is kind of... off putting, I guess. I still want to pick it though, or I'd feel bad otherwise.

New XY anime poster thing shows Ash with Serena and Clemont. If Serena's going to be part of the gang, I think I might die of happiness.

Customizable poodle is customizable poodle.

eeeeee so much excitement

So we've got this adorable psychic cat that differs depending on gender, the dark blue ones being female an attacking oriented and the white ones being male and support oriented.

The dark blue ones are the males, the white ones are the females.

Oh, really? Serebii must have edited it afterwards, since I checked earlier and it said that the male was the white one and the female dark blue. Sad too, 'cause I could just imagine the white one being kind of like an upper class gentleman and the dark blue one as a fighter girl.

Screw it, I'm still using both. Oh, yeah, I'm probably going to have a rotation team of... most of the Pokemon released, since they're just so cool!

tumblr_mszuj3hPnM1qfyz1jo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mszuj3hPnM1qfyz1jo2_400.jpg

*_* adorable.

tumblr_mszuj3hPnM1qfyz1jo2_400.jpg

SIMBAAAA... YOU MUST TAKE YOUR PLACE IN THE CIRCLE OF LIFE

really though fennekin and frog starter v.2 look awesome but chespin's evo is pretty what. it's so happy to be alive. I am pretty meh about mega garchomp but woah i really hope there's something for salamence.

VM said:
(psychic gendercats = want)

teenage mutant psychic gendercats !!
radical, dudes!

Big fan of ice dino, Froakie2, and most everything revealed lately. Just one month away and it's gonna be the hardest month ever for me. I'm running out of "tide me over" games.

I'm so so glad Pyroar didn't get a flaming mane because that was what I feared the most. :P
I really dig its design and colour scheme, since it's just unexpectedly cool and pleasantly different from all the millions of generic fire lion fakemons that exist. Too bad I already have a fire type decided for my future team :U

pyroar is a majestic stallion that can't be tamed

And I just noticed that the starters get their first STAB moves when you get them... It kinda irks me a little bit, because I used to really know things would get fun by the time I'd get that move (Ember, Bubble, etc). I really hope the Trainers/Gym Leaders are slightly stronger compared to other games.

The official website has updated with the English names and info for the new pokemon O:

Chespin's evo = Quilladin
Fennekin's evo = Braixen
Froakie's evo = Frogadier

Poodle mon = Furfrou (the site also says that if you don't style its hair for a few days it grows shaggy again)
Psychocats = Meowstic
T-rex = Tyrunt (Jaw Fossil)
Icedino = Amaura (Sail Fossil)

Also, unsurprisingly, female Pyroar looks different because lions:
mO6ZuP7.jpg
and omg yes trainer customization will be amazing unghghhhh yessss

tumblr_mt2gru2RSi1qj304jo1_500.png

Behold.

Also, if Mewtwo isn't in the new Smash Bros., what with is new formes, I'm going to be pissed. >:/

Not sure if I agree with electric types not being able to be paralysed, since if it were real life grass moves would probably cause a different type of paralysis than thunder wave.

Back
Top Bottom