• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

welp I'm behind on stuff. Mostly the dinosaur-kid buried underneath years of growing up is extremely pleased with the fossils and can't decide between the two. Tyrantrum looks distinctly different from the usual Pokemon style imo, but that being said it looks AMAZEBALLS and I want one really badly--contrariwise, Aurorus is equally badass, and I am going to have the hardest time ever deciding which to pick (they're pretty well balanced, too, since Rock trumps Ice but Ice trumps Dragon).

I'm personally liking all of the starters equally now that the second stages are known; if anything, I like Frogadier the least (though still very much). I like that Chespin sort of dramatically got bigger, it makes me even more curious as to what the final stage is going to be like. Also it looks a lot less derpish in the screenshots where it's standing up. And did anyone else notice that Braixen used an attack by removing the stick from its tail to flow fire through it?

I'm just so excited for this right now I can't express

The e-shop version of pretty much any 3DS game will work the exact same as a physical version, so yeah they'll be able to use Wi-Fi.

Oh good I may buy one regular version retail and get the other via eshop because I have heard that direct trading does not work meaning local Wireless for transferring data from one version to the other etc. Which means the only way to transfer data is to do it with someone online or have 2 3DS's with X on one 3DS and Y on the other 3DS or vise verse XD.:)

I have heard that direct trading does not work meaning local Wireless for transferring data from one version to the other etc.

...wait what? where'd you hear that from? maybe i'm misunderstanding or something but not allowing direct wireless to trade would just be dumb on nintendo's part.

Yeah I'm pretty sure there's no way the eshop version would lack one of the most important features in the Pokemon games :U

If X/Y had something like the built-in infrared features in HG/SS and B/W game carts, then yeah, the digital downloads would obviously lack those features, but since they apparently don't, there's seriously nothing to worry about.
Not having a physical cart does not affect the wireless capabilities in any way.

Yeah I'm pretty sure there's no way the eshop version would lack one of the most important features in the Pokemon games :U

I thought he meant in general! Like, as in direct trading isn't a thing in the cartridge version either. :/

He means you can't trade between a digital copy of X and a physical copy of Y on the same 3DS. Which is true, unless you use Bank to transfer.

Yeah if you download both versions the direct wireless will not work. Not sure if ypu have 2 3DS's though. I heard this on Pokebeach awhile ago XD.:)

Of course it won't work if you use them on the same system. You can't have multiple applications open at once-- that's not really a shocker.

So, it looks like a new Pokemon evolution will be announced Wednesday. Thoughts?

I hope it's an evolution for Swirlix because I want to know what they're going to do with that. Other than that I really just want it to be revealed sooner (though it is tomorrow, so)

I hope it's an evolution for Swirlix because I want to know what they're going to do with that. Other than that I really just want it to be revealed sooner (though it is tomorrow, so)

Personally I want to see what Spritzee evolves in to, though that may be due to bias because i'm getting Y. Other than that, I can't think of any other evolutions they'd reveal, unless it's for helioptile or something.

By the by, Pokebeach posted some new rumors. Different leaker, but Pokebeach is pretty strict at posting rumors if they think it's too unreliable or not. It mentions Helioptile and Bunnelby evolutions, so maybe those will be the ones revealed tomorrow?

Also, I seriously hope Espurr gets announced already. It'll have my facebook page and tumblr blog make more sense.

I forgot to ask this the other day but will the Dream World Work on X/Y if we get it from the eshop? I just want to make sure that works as well. Thanks XD.:)

Nope, no dream world for X/Y and they are closing the BW/BW2 dream world servers soon (i.e. prior to the release of X/Y)

Wow guys Nintendo's really going all out on this one

486687_649157848434383_755204284_n.jpg

Woah is that a CAR in the first picture?
A CAR. IN A POKÉMON GAME.

That makes me happier than it should.

Woah is that a CAR in the first picture?
A CAR. IN A POKÉMON GAME.

That makes me happier than it should.
I was going to say something about that. There have been cars in the games before, but never with people in them. With Gogoat and what, I'm sure they actually do something this time around.

The official Pokemon fb page just updated with Honedge's evolution, Doublade:
0zCQW8E.png
It's... not what I'd expected, but not bad either. At least it's not a ghostly armor because that's way too overdone. :P
The name is a bit derpy, but I like the colours and the small changes in the swords' designs.

EDIT: Oh and I guess it kind of makes sense that it didn't become a bigger sword or something like that.
It's probably not a strong enough a ghost to change the shape of what it's possessing, so it just took over another sword when it was placed on a weapons rack. Dunno, that's just me speculating.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom