• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

Check Serebii, xxashxx. Their info, unless stated to be unconfirmed, is 100% true.

Ok I check Serebii. It says one of tne features will be Pokemiles and there areb2 different ways to get them. 1 of tne ways is Dream Points and the other is currwntly unknown at this time. Thanks for clearing that up guys.:)

Guys. None of these sources talk about anything remotely resembling whether the gen VI Global Link will have a Dream World. They just say the gen V one is closing. Again, I highly doubt there will be a Dream World - it sounds to me like they're just going to convert Dream Points into the currency used for some new unrelated online side gimmick - but your claims that you know absolutely and officially that there will be NO MORE DREAM WORLD EVER, repeated slowly and in bold, are completely baseless.

But if Dream Points are being converted into Poke Miles, that generally implies that the Dream World itself is ending. I guess claiming it as fact when it isn't a hundred percent confirmed is being a bit hasty, but the implications are still there.

Yeah that what I have been trying to say all day but could not explain it well. It says that you can get Poke Miles by playing through X & Y also. That is just one of the bonuses of X/Y but the DW has yet to be confirmed. On the other hand what is a PGL without a DW? That does not make sense at all guys XD.:)

It's something else without a Dream World, just like it was something else before a Dream World.

They've changed the PGL every generation.

On the other hand what is a PGL without a DW?

I could see this being an applicable argument if there HAD been a Pokemon Global Link with a Dream World for a while. (I didn't know PGL existed before gen five?) Like, if it had been around since Gen 3 or 4, this would be understandable.

HOWEVER, it was invented for Gen 5. The Dream World is more than likely a generational gimmick, like Contests, Super Contests, the Pokéthlon, and Pokemon Musicals. As cool as it was, I'm a little skeptical of the idea that it would be included in Gen 6.

I think if it was included/supported/whatever, it would have been mentioned, or at the very least they wouldn't be converting Dream Points to PokéMiles.

Admittedly, closing down the Dream World isn't 100% confirmation, since they could just be updating it for 3DS capability, but at the same time I'd be a little confused if they shut down the whole thing for Gen Five just to bring it into Gen Six. (As far as Google can tell me the GTS is/was still a thing for Gen 4 after Black and White were released!)

Ok nownI am definetly confused again Lolz. When did the PGL actually open? I never heard of a gen 3 or gen 4 PGL until just now. I thought they did not launch the site until September of 2010. That does not make any sense XD.:)

PGL started in October of 2010 for the Japanese, about the same time as the release of BW in Japan. Thus PGL has never touched Generations 3 or 4 (not that Gen 3 would have been able to use it due to primitive wireless game functions and likely no wi-fi functions)

hopeandjoy you may be thing of the PGT (i.e. Pokemon Global Terminal, found in Jubilife Terminal), but yeah the Global Link itself is Gen5 (and 6) only.

So, just to complicate things further, now that the Global Link has gone under maintenance it's produced a schedule of what services will be available in its staggered shutdown. Once the maintenance finishes on October 12th, you'll be able to use the Dream World as normal, but you can't register new games to the Global Link. On December 10th, it will become unavailable. It has the rating battle/GTS History shutdown sometime mid-January. BUT you will still be able to bring back your Pokémon one last time, so it's never truly lost.

NOTE TO EVERYONE: Apparently someone got their game early in Canada. I don't know if leaks will be allowed here, but if anyone doesn't want to see them (like me), it might be best to avoid XY discussions/tumblr tags/ /v/ /whatever else.

Spoiler tags. spoiler tags everywhere.

(I apparently forgot to write the actual point of this post: PLEASE SPOILER TAG THINGS. I DON'T WANT TO SEE LEAKS T_T)

It's the same person from Instagram who's leaking it, right? He's not even leaking that much, more like tiny tidbits that are fine knowing. Like, he doesn't reveal any new Pokemon or anything of the plot. More like Pokedex descriptions, dex numbers, etc., etc..

a goatee for the male character

FACIAL HAIR

gg guys, we can go home now

It's the same person from Instagram who's leaking it, right? He's not even leaking that much, more like tiny tidbits that are fine knowing. Like, he doesn't reveal any new Pokemon or anything of the plot. More like Pokedex descriptions, dex numbers, etc., etc..

FACIAL HAIR

okay that's fine then

new pokemon and stuff are not okay for leaki

wait whAT

I can't say I'm all that concerned about spoilers. Mainly because I won't be getting the games anytime soon.
I didn't particularly want to be spoiled for the gen 5 games, but apparently the spoiler period ends sometime before two years after release. So by the time I ended up getting Black, I was heavily spoiled for everything :(

FACIAL HAIR

wHAt

Ok, first off, anyone want to move to canada? but wow that is the coolest and i think it means that pokemon is finally at least trying to cater to an older audience, unless it's sharpie or something.

The thing is with the PGL if you don't bring back your Pokemon before the 14th of January and you have a Pokemon and items stashed you are basically screwed because all of that will be lost if you don't send back your Pokemon. Also if you don't have X/Y by the time it closes on the final date you will loose all of your dream points if you don't have X/Y. Right now I have around 250,000 points combined. Around 190,000 points on White and about 43,000 points on Black XD.:)

Mega Charizard X, anyone?

BVkhBdbCQAADNBw.jpg:large

I swear if any of you complain about this I'm going to personally kill you

Back
Top Bottom