• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

I dig this one a lot more than the Y variant, even though that one's pretty neat too.
Why are both of the differently-typed, cooler megas in X though? I'm still getting Y, but it's kind of mean. :C
Gotta hope they balance out this situation somehow.

Anyway, I really love the design, it's refreshingly different! Hopefully we'll be able to trade megas/mega stones, because I want it. :U

I've been following the various leaks, and aaah I already had to change my dream team roster and drop out Noivern because hhhnnggghh I really, really want
Hawlucha because wow it's so adorable with its little luchadore mask and it's a fighting/flying type??? holy shit give it to me. now.
And haha wow yes I'm gonna
make my character have a beard JUST BECAUSE I CAN. why is everything so perfect?

God dang I can not wait any longer, I just want to play Y! I'm just getting antsier and antsier and the excitement is overwhelming. D:
It's consuming me. send help

I dunno about multiple mega evos... I like the idea but it seems like too many to keep track of. Overall though this was a good update that thing is so freaking cool I can't wait to play Y in 10 days holy shit I can't wait

sorry about the double post put it seems the leaks have stopped. The instagram user who had been posting the photos was apparently stopped by nintendo, so.

I am impressed with how fast nintendo stopped the leak. Although the actual images will probably still remain on the internet in various places.

... now I'm curious too. Maybe someone'll manage to get a shiny Charmander in X so that we could see what the shiny form looks like :O

There have been a bunch of leaks/reveals in the last few days, but I think the most exciting ones might be the final evolutions of the starters!
I'm gonna put them in hide tags in case you don't want to spoil yourself.

Chesnaught, grass/fighting
Zb2Swrx.jpg

(note: this one is just nicknamed)
Looks like a p badass mofo if you ask me.
Delphox, fire/psychic
CjfgxWL.png

Love the wizard robe thing it's got going on :D
Greninja, water/dark
ZcKgwyY.jpg

Yes that is a tongue scarf. Yes that is indeed pretty cool.
(also it apparently learns a move called Water Shuriken)
Personally, I really love all three! Unique and neat designs all around.
I'm glad I don't have to regret my decision to pick Fennekin. C:

I hate them all except Froakie. Chespin's looks like a Digimon, and Fennekin's looks like an orange Gothitelle. When I first saw the starters, I made a silent oath that I would never pick Froakie, but I would have to be insane not to.

ETA: Megas might not even have Shiny forms, by the way.
ETAgain: I'm also mad that they're distributing Torchic! I would kill to get a Treecho instead... I really want a Mega Charizard, especially because I'm getting X!

I wish Froakie's final had a clearer picture, because I really am having trouble deciding between him and Chespin now.

Chespin's final doesn't look like a Fighting type so much as Froakie's does. But Fennekin's is just...I already hate it, a lot. I hate that you can't see its legs, I hate that it looks like nothing at all was done with the cool stick in the tail Braixen had, I just hate it. I've wanted a cool Fire/Psychic for a long time (an obtainable in-game one not Victini) and well unfortunately this design doesn't fit well with me.

Are those just the 3d models for the Pokemon in the stats screen or do we actually have sprites to work with still?

EDIT: Fennekin's final definitely looks like the 3d model, and Chespin's sort of does too. But Froakie's looks more like a sprite to me I guess.

They're all 3d models; only the menu sprites are pixel art (the small ones, I mean).

Here are a few other pictures of Froakie's evo:
T887xab.jpg

SZ7R0fp.jpg

(d'awwwwww)
Re: Braixen & stick: a lot of people have theorized that Braixen needs the stick to channel its magics properly, and upon evolution, it ditches it because it can now control its powers without the need for a wand. Kind of like a wizard.

Also, evolutions for Swirlix and Spritzee:
rvaIakM.jpg
0YLlMnP.jpg
They're both pure fairy.
I really like Aromatiss' can can dancer look and the colours are really delicious.
Slurpuff is kinda funny looking too (not in a bad way). :D

i'm kinda mad about Aromatiss, mostly because with the basis on a plague doctor there was so much opportunity for a darker-looking fairy-type pokemon but they didn't go anywhere with it from what the evolution looks like. Though the moveset may reflect that influence a bit and that might be cool if it did, but idk.

Yeah basically most of this gen is disappointing to me, which obviously has me in a sad mood. :\ Mega evos, the idea, is gross, and most of them are gross, though charizard x is pretty badass. The starter final evos are gross, though froakie's might grow on me (and is least gross). I'm sooo disappointed in spritzee's evo. :C IT'S NOT BIRD-LIKE AT ALL FFS. BIRDS, MAN. Uhg...

I love helioptile's evo though, it's feckin adorable. Too lazy to find the image though, I just woke up. And I'm still clinging to furfrou like my life depends on it. I think my team will be entirely those two. ~_~ (who am I kidding, I'm nuzlocking this thing, my team will be things I hate.)

SORRY FOR WHINING sobs

Ugh these new leaks are making it hard for me to pick a starter. When they were first announced, I was like "AAAAHHH FENNEKIN IS ADORABLE"

After seeing the second evolution I was like "Woah I really only like Froakie's evolution. Froakie it is!"

And now, after seeing the final forms, I'm just "... I guess now I want Chespin?"

Ugh these new leaks are making it hard for me to pick a starter. When they were first announced, I was like "AAAAHHH FENNEKIN IS ADORABLE"

After seeing the second evolution I was like "Woah I really only like Froakie's evolution. Froakie it is!"

And now, after seeing the final forms, I'm just "... I guess now I want Chespin?"
...Froakie's last form is so close to its second one, I don't understand why your opinion would change.

Also, I really like Braixen, but Delphox is terrible. I can't even believe it's real.

^^^truth.

I've just done a quick google and some of it looks like they're going in some really bizarre directions, which could be good or bad. I like Helioptile's evolution and Fletchling's middle stage, but this Binacle thing and Bunnelby's evolution are weirding me out (Bunnelby's evolution not as much as Binacle)

I have the slightest feeling that this is relevant to the discussion at hand:
wBeE9Hj.jpg

Yeah it kind of pisses me off when people say things like that because I legitimately dislike MOST of the pokemon, not FIVE of them?? And I'm not throwing out anything??? Like it's exactly the reverse of that quote, I like 5 of the toys and dislike the rest. (actually thinking about it, I like helioptile, spritzee, furfrou, litleo/evo, fennekin, ...

this new slug dragon

and ??? that's it. Oh, mega charizard x is cool too. (there are some others I don't HATE like froakie/chespin, their middle stages, hum... idk maybe some others.)

Also I'm allowed to have my opinions just as much as you are. So. C:

You forgot to mention the best thing about the starters, which is that GRENINJA IS WATER/DARK AND CHESNOUGHT IS GRASS/FIGHTING, not the boring other way around. I love the knight/mage/rogue theme.

I didn't like Froakie at all when the first stages were revealed, but Frogadier was my favorite second stage by a wide margin and although I like Chesnaught, the Water/Dark-type clinches it for me. Whoo Froakie.

Did anyone else notice that this is the Dark/Fighting/Psychic starters everyone has been asking for?

...Delphox's got the exact same head as Fennekin. It's way too small and just... doesn't fit. Chesnaught is like mad awesome but I want to see it more clearly. I hardly see its face.

BUT GRENINJA IS SO TUBULAR

CHECK OUT HOW COOL IT LOOKS IN THE POKEMON-AMIE THING

CHECK IT

Slurpuff looks delish and Aromatisse just disappoints me. Like, a plague doctor bird would have been much much better.

Espurr is so plain, but those eyes make me want to cwuddle it. c:

Bunnelby's evolution looks like a fat old sage that sees the world as a bright and cheery place and every day he'd give stories about his past ending with a moral about friendship and learning to trust one another.

I haven't seen Fletchinder yet.

Heliolisk makes me so so happy and now I'm definitely using Helioptile when I play Y.

Back
Top Bottom