• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

There have been a bunch of new megas confirmed, including Aerodactyl's, Gengar's and Abomasnow's :O
They're looking pretty dang fine, if you ask me.

Binacle's evolution is pretty neat, too! :D
I wonder when we're gonna see what Skrelp evolves into, as I'm pretty sure I'm picking it. There was some talk about Clauncher's evolution being water/electric, but there are no pictures of either one, so I can't say for sure.

Also, I wasn't directing my last post at anyone in particular; it's just so sad to see so many people focusing only on everything negative they find instead of looking at all the good things! :C

There have been a bunch of new megas confirmed, including Aerodactyl's, Gengar's and Abomasnow's :O
They're looking pretty dang fine, if you ask me.

Er, can I see these? I saw Abomasnow's and Aerodactyl's, but no Gengar. And would probably be the coolest, imo.

Er, can I see these? I saw Abomasnow's and Aerodactyl's, but no Gengar. And would probably be the coolest, imo.
Here you go:
IyYyK1I.jpg
EDIT:
Someone had made this nifty picture with all the currently leaked new pokemon: SPOILERS AHOY, CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK
Thought some of you might be interested.

Last edited:
I kind of bursted out laughing when I saw
Klefki. It is a keychain.
I suppose it is indeed a "Pocket Monster" in a much more literal sense.

Mega Aerodactyl is pretty cool though.

Mega gengar upsets me sooo much e_e I can't even begin to explain how much I hate it omfg. How dare they do that to my beautiful baby. cries myself to sleep... no...

It's kind of funny how my opinions on each line almost completely change with each addition to it. I liked Chespin, hated Quilladin, and think Chesnaught is pretty cool; vaguely positive feelings were had on fennekin, and I L O V E D braixen, but I dislike delphox; I loved froakie, hated frogadier, and originally hated greninja but then loved it after seeing the other starter evolutions and its face in Pokemon Amie. I'm growing slightly more fond of frogadier, too, so I think I'll pick froakie this time around. But really, I didn't like flabebe, love floette, love spritzee and slurpuff but dislike the other two... bunnelby was one of my favorites, but diggersby???

I love the pokemon in this gen on the whole, though. Pumpkaboo!!! Wow!!! Aurorus!!! Phantump makes me like orotto a lot more, and sliggoo is adorable.

I love. Mega gengar. I love that it's ghost/psychic and I love that it reminds me of this, which is admittedly kind of silly but. All of the mega evolutions I don't like have happened to pokemon I don't like anyway, so a thumbs up here. (I'm really hoping for mega tropius, mega sableye, and mega flygon.)

Klefki is kind of ???, but I like it anyway. It's cute.

Haha, Chespin's evo was really unexpected. Looks pretty cool. Really, really pleased with Froakie's evo line, it turned out even better than I hoped for! Fennekin's line is bleh, but I never cared for it anyway. Also, the slug dragon is cute as hell.

I've been promising myself I wouldn't look at any more spoilers, but screw it, I have no self control. :p Ugh, probably be gonna be quite a while before I can actually get a 3DS though.

I have the slightest feeling that this is relevant to the discussion at hand:
wBeE9Hj.jpg
I like bogleech's art, but it does irritate me how he over-exaggerates about people's reactions. I don't see anything wrong with venting over missed opportunities about designs or disappointing evos. To be honest, I see more ranting about people saying "this whole gen sucks pokemon is ruined!!!" than I see anyone actually saying that. Most people seem pretty pumped for the new gen.

Although I do hate it when someone rains on your parade with the whole "1st gen was the best, everything else sucks" and whatever, but there's been a lot of backlash about that and it seems to be dying down now.

EDIT- Found an informative video about Chesnaught's arrival~

Last edited:
Goomy is the greatest thing ever. But I can't tell if the dots are the eyes or the green circles are. At least with Sliggoo, it's definitely the green. And Dragoon... aaaaaah <3

Orotto's name is Trevenent, and it's, expectedly, Ghost/Grass. Where's your Arceus now, Gardenia?

Clawitzer and Skrelp's evolution are pretty rad.

Aegislash is Doublade's evo, I think. It's got a shield now. :o

Then there's Floette, Florges, Bergmite... hey, can someone make a list of all the Pokemon that were leak from a few days ago? There's way too many for me to keep track of.

I have the slightest feeling that this is relevant to the discussion at hand:
wBeE9Hj.jpg

Ugh, I'm seeing this get posted all over the place.

Remember, if your opinion about Pokémon doesn't match mine, you're either entitled and whiny, wearing "nostalgia goggles" or are a fanboy who will defend every decision Game Freak makes and can't see any faults at all.

As Byrus said, I'm seeing more people complain about people complaining than people complaining.
(Although I think it should be perfectly okay for people to think that gen 1 was the best and everything else sucks)

And I'm aware that my complaining about people complaining about people complaining isn't making anything better.

Yeah, pretty much what Byrus and Murkrow said on bogleech's quote; like what you like, dislike what you dislike, and don't be a jerk about those two things.

I am really excited about some of the new pokes because they're really fantastic looking and some of the evos for old Kalos Pokémon are pretty cool beans too. I'm really liking Phantump, Pumpkaboo, and Bermite; I don't like their evos as much, but I'll end up evolving them anyways. The goo dragon line is absolutely perfect and they'll definitely end up one my team. I might get a Florges or Skrelp's evo; I'm not sure just yet.

Out of the starters, I like Delphox most and really like the mage route they took with it, instead of being a Braixen 2.0. The other two starter lines are pretty cool too; I'm not sure if I'll go with Chesnaught or Greninja if I buy Y.

As for the Pokémon I don't like as much, I'm disappointed in Swirlix's and Spritzee's evos. I can see Slurpuff growing on me, though. I'm not too keen on the Binacle line either.

The Gym Leaders seem like a likable bunch. I really, really like the idea having an old guy as the Grass Gym Leader. I'm still disappointed that there's somehow no Dark Type Gym, though, especially considering that there's a Fairy Type Gym Leader already.

I'm pretty neutral on megas; they're just kind of there and the concept is sound. I try using only new gen Pokémon on my first play through, but I'll probably cave if there's one I really like.

I'm still absolutely pumped for trainer customization and Poké-Amie. Clothing shouldn't be gender-exclusive though.

Yeah okay posting that quote was probably a dumb move on my part. My bad. Sorry if I offended anyone!

Anyway, have you guys seen the third legendary?
Here's a pic for those of you who haven't:
QQ6p2ba.jpg
I gotta say, I reeeaallly love that design. It's so alien and ungh the colours are super tasty. I guess it fits the speculated Norse mythology theory too.
Not gonna have it in my team since using high-level legendaries is kind of boring, but wow I want it anyway. Just so that I can look at it. And pet the hell out of it.

I'm probably gonna stop looking at any/all leaks from this day forward. It's not gonna be easy to resist the urge to check some forums' rumor/leak threads but dang I gotta leave some surprises for myself.
I'm gonna be especially careful not to get spoiled on the plot! I want it to be all new and exciting. :O

God I always love legends more than 99% of the pokemon in each gen (EVEN WHEN I LOVE THE MONS), idk why, they're just so detailed and beautiful 9___9 MOST legends anyhow not like... the regis... which are weird... sdgfd. BUT GOD THAT IS GORGEOUS?? it's like a moth thing?? A dragon moth. Seriously. I can't get enough of it.

I really love how inventive the dragons are this gen. They're all super cool and pretty. And yeah, this new legend looks very alien and awesomely freaky and I love the colours. I need to go looking for cool fanart of this. v_v

...that's a Pokémon? It looks more like a Ben 10 character. Its existence is a letdown, it being a Legendary is a greater one, and it being a mascot is the greatest one.

That said, despite it being terrible as a Pokémon, it's pretty snazzy.

With the game coming at the end of the week, how about we all exchange friend codes? Any people you have registered will automatically become your friend come XY release.

Mine is 0602-6409-3476.

With the game coming at the end of the week, how about we all exchange friend codes? Any people you have registered will automatically become your friend come XY release.

Mine is 0602-6409-3476.

If you're talking about exchanging system friend codes, that'd probably do better in its own thread.

That said, mine is 0705-2462-7181.

Registered you both! Mine is 4210-4280-7220. I'll be late to the party due to complications, however. Three weeks at best.

Back
Top Bottom