• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open PokéNinjas the Second

Re: PokéNinjas the Second

With her keen hearing, Rose heard something that sounded like it came from Triple-E.

"Let's check it out," the Skitty said. Peremptorily, she dashed off.

With a sigh, Arcta followed. It turned out that the leader of the village had asked something about a quest.

"Rose, you think you're strong enough?"

The pink cat nodded and sat next to Ruby.

Suddenly, another training balloon rocketed towards Dreams.

Eeevee smiled. My first customers of the day! She looked up at Bulbalusty. And he's here too!

~

The Venusaur picked some Venusaur skates from the rack (Eeevee had a few pairs for every Pokemon species; he didn't know how she could afford it) and managed to slip them on. Quadrupedal Pokemon like him had slip-on skates so they didn't have to tie them with their mouths. He stepped out onto the training rink and popped a balloon with Vine Whip.

"Hello, Arcta. How are you? I see you have an apprentice, would you like to go on this quest?"

Arcta nodded. "Rose says she's ready. She's young, but a diligent student."

Rose seemed to blush a bit, flicking her tail, and nodding furiously.

Storm noticed a lot of Pokemon gathering around the Triple-E Ice rink, so she landed beside the entrance to check it out. She nodded to Eeevee and Bulbalusty.
"Hi," she greeted them, and slipped on Salamence skates with her tail. "I'm back from training! And I wanted to be the first one in today.. oh well." Storm stepped onto the ice and aimed a Dragon Pulse at a balloon.
((I'm assuming everyone knows everyone else?))

((Ruby has made a point to learn everybody's name.))
"Hello Storm. Would you like to go on a perilous quest to defeat Rayquaza?"

Storm thought for two seconds, and nodded.
"Sounds incredibly stupid. I'm in," she agreed cheerfully.
((Yeah, she's always like that. =D))

((Edit: I'm always like that.))
Storm grinned and spun to hit a target with her tail. Another one floating nearby was slammed down with a Dragon Claw.
Oh crap, I hope that doesn't break the skates, Storm thought.

Jagil heard someone outside... Ruby, that was it. He recognized that voice anywhere.
Something about a quest? Yes, he could hear it clearly with his high-powered Noctowl hearing.
He transformed into a Gastly, phasing through the walls and appearing before the small group.
"A quest?" he asked. "I'd like to volunteer. These old bones of mine need some adventure." He chuckled. "Not that I always have bones, but you know what I mean."

Fornas, meanwhile, was doing her morning warmups outside her small, grassy hut, which was near the Skating Rink. She, too, spotted the commotion, and was especially curious when her retired sensei Jagil joined in.
Her nosy nature compelled her to find out what was going on.
Stalking over in a few steps of her three-toed feet, she asked, "What's happening over here, hmm?" she asked.

Jagil sighed inwardly. Nosy as always, Fornas.

Lightning was training inside the Skating Rink. His talons scrabbled helplessly on the slick ice; ice was Articuno's element, not his.
Spotting another balloon, he leaned forward and just barely managed to pop it with his long beak. Being the smallest has its weaknesses, he thought.
He shocked the next balloon with a bolt of electricity that was so strong it was incinerated. Probably was filled with hydrogen, he compromised, but he was still extremely pleased with himself.
Here comes the next one. Knowing his Ancientpower required work, he summoned rocks and slammed them into the balloon, which didn't stand a chance.
He continued to train, mostly using attacks he had just learned: Swift, and Twister.

Last edited:

Zam walked around the village. He walked into the Triple-E ice rink( mainly out of boredom) "I can almost smell the trouble" he said, when he saw that the Leader was there, "REAL trouble!" He walked up to Ruby, and said: "Good day leader, what makes you go to this little hangout?"

Ruby explained that he was looking for some volunteers to go and fight the three legends.

((And shadow_lugia, it's probably not a good idea to use practice Heat Wave at an ice rink. Ya know, just saying...))
Storm tensed, and slammed into another balloon with double-edge. The recoil slightly stung her side, but she aimed an Aerial Ace at another balloon anyways.

"I suppose I could help" Zam said, "there's enough graves as it is already"

Dreams overheard Ruby. She flew up to him. "I wanna!" she yelled, waving a paw fanatically in the air. "I wanna! I wanna go help!"

Dreams overheard Ruby. She flew up to him. "I wanna!" she yelled, waving a paw frantically in the air. "I wanna! I wanna go help!"

((Mewtwo, are you as hyper in real life as your characters in PR's?))
"Good, two more hands. I think that is enough. all of you meet me back at the hall in 15 minutes.'

((Sometimes...))

"Allright! Until then..." she started skating on her tail with the tailskate she made. "WHEEEEEEEE!"

All right, I'll have a number of characters, including some representatives from the other village;)

Name: Avandala
Species: Milotic
Village: Sky
Rank/Occupation: Ninja, retired leader. (please?)
Personality: He is very wise and cares deeply for the village. Although he has officially given up his old position as the leader to a new generation, a remarkable Blaziken, he can still be looked to for advice on all sorts of different matters, and still remains a very formidable opponent to his enemies. He enjoys relaxing in a large lake in the territory, but has no problem spending extended hours on land either.
History: Ever since growing up alongside Anila and evolving, Avandala had shown a remarkable potential. He had a mix of strength, intelligence, and compassion that made him a natural choice to become a leader. Through good times and bad, he's helped see the Sky Village through. With the development of Ruby, Avandala has stepped aside, retiring mainly to a lake on the edge of town. But ever since the Legendaries started to attack, he has been training again, in case he is needed to help protect the village he's devoted his life to.
Appearance: Avandala looks like a normal Milotic, except for the fact he's over 36 feet long. Being a serpent, he grows continuously longer, though slowly, throughout his life.
Other: None

Name: Anila
Species: Flygon
Village: Desert
Rank/Occupation: Leader
Personality: Anila is strong, ruthless, and cunning. She's smart, but somewhat impulsive. At least she has enough experience now, however, that her quick decisions don't get her in as much trouble as they did in her youth.
History: Back in the old days, not only did Anila live in the Sky Village, she was a childhood friend of Avandala. In fact, it was this friendship that helped him evolve in the first place. But later on the two drifted apart. Anila's independent, strong-willed personality resulted in her leaving the Sky Village and forming a new village, the Desert Village. She still does have a respect for Avandala, but sees him and her old village now as a rival.
Appearance: Anila stands about 14 feet tall and 30 feet long, over twice as tall as the average Flygon, due to the fact Flygons grow larger as they grow older, just like many other dragons and serpents.
Other: Kali and Mera are both two of Anila's many children. Her family makes up a kind of 'ruling class' in the Desert Village.

Name: Kali
Rank/Occupation: Ninja
Personality: She's a real chip off the old block. Strong-willed and aggressive, she sees others based upon their strength and looks down at those she sees as inferior
History: Kali's mother has seen the same kind of passion in Kali that she sees in herself, and has been secretly prepping Kali to succeed her. This, however, has made life particularly hard on Kali... only perfection has been accepted.
Appearance: Kali's about 7 feet tall and 15 feet long, average height for a young Flygon, actually slightly taller than others her age. She's bright and vibrant.
Other: Sisters and best friends with Mera, and child of Anila

Name: Mera
Rank/Occupation: Ninja
Personality: Mera is much more calm and collected than Kali. She prefers special abilities to physical combat, and loves to outthink enemies. She has a kind heart and a deep love for her family and village
History: Mera is a true scholar, interested in learning and developing new techniques for old and new problems. She has stood with her sister, Kali, through both of their lives, often acting as a voice of reason behind their sometimes wild excursions.
Appearance: She's about the same height as her sister, Kali, despite being a year older, but the easiest way to tell them apart is the fact she's a 'shiny'
Other: Sisters and best friends with Kali, and child of Anila

Back
Top Bottom