• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Poképhiles

Re: Poképhiles

((OOC: So, we're all eating at the same fast food place XD So much for staying 'undercover with all the pokemon out of their balls)

Gardevoir quickly followed in after Sunny, sitting next to Jet and Amy. She didn't bother with food, mostly because she didn't want to ask anyone to order for her. That was only so because she didn't want to stand in line with the other people, and she never really learned how to read English at all.

~

It only took a minute or two of walking until Ty made it to where Typhlosion was. He only stood there looking at the pokemon, and then giving the birdie to another gawking boy who was looking at him. He only tilted his head toward the fast food place so that the Typhlosion could see, and the turned around and started walking back.

Jet looked between Sunny and his burger, then replaced the food on the table. "I wasn't hungry anyway," he said.

"Come on, that's not really what they're made of," Amy said. "You have to eat something." She glanced at Gardevoir, then pushed her own salad toward the Pokemon. "You too," she added. "I don't want anyone going hungry."

Gardevoir looked at the salad placed before her, and she shook her head, passing it back. Thank you, but you need it more than me. I'd rather not have you go hungry for me. And I'm not hungry, so I'm fine.

At that moment, Ty sat down in his original seat, taking his own salad and putting it in front of her. Before she could say anything to protest, he looked at her seriously. To others, it might have looked like he wanted to kill her (even in the girl forum he was in).

Eat it. The last thing that went through your body was a stupid amount of beer, and I'd rather not cary a fainted Gardevoir around. So unless you want to sleep in a dumpster, you're going to eat this.

Then he simply sat back down and crossed his arms, closing his eyes and waiting for the other to finish.

Thank you.

Whatever.

Typhlosion saw, but was less than interested in following, something new had caught her attention. A street performer. That was a way to make money. walking over to where the boat was, she picked up a bucket that was laying arounf and put it in front of her. She thought for a moment about what to do, and then, when the answer came, it was so obvious. Fire. Capable as it was of destruction, it was also very beautiful. So she danced, it was lacking in gracem or any skill, but by using Flame Wheel, and Fire Blast, She was able to create patterns, shapes, and spirals of fire around her, small cinders falling to the ground at her feet. a small groud had gathered, and was watching, Their words treating Typhlosion, not as a being that could think, but as a poet that had learned a trick. Still, they threw change into the bucket. one very rich looking lady threw 5 whole dollars into the pail. By the time she was done, exhausted, it had been less than ten minutes, and she had made close on 20$.

"I should do this more often. Milanda will be so proud... Speaking of her... Where did she go off to?"

Milanda's "Ill" act had worked, and nobody questioned the Gallade sitting and eating like an equal, with her. She was now making small talk, on such topics as the weather, favorite colour, and candies, and other sorts of things you talk about when you don't really no someone.
"...Personally, I don't care for any chocolate, I'm all about the hard candies. How about you?"

((

"Come on, that's not really what they're made of,"
Actually, it is, if you replace 'Miltank' with 'cow' XD))

Sunny, feeling bad about himself, ordered another two salads. He gave one to Jet and another to Gardevoir. "You can't go hungry just because of me," he muttered, and sat down again. Aguro smiled at him, but still looked somewhat annoyed.

Josh had come to an empty table with a cheeseburger. He took the biggest bite he could.

"i feel better." he muttered, "Food...good."

Gardevoir looked down at the two salads that were now placed in front of her. She moved the newer one in front of Ty, but without even looking he shoved it back. He opened his eyes, giving her the same looking. Eat. I don't need it, and one salad won't do you any good. I don't need anything, you're the one who's anorexic.

I'm not.

Then eat and shut up. I'm trying to think here without you interrupting me.

Siyavash shrugged. "I prefer foods with more substance. Calim is the one who likes sweets. But if I had to choose, pastries and cakes are the tastiest." He paused, trying to think of something to say. He didn't want to be too open and let on something that might incriminate him too much. "How did you meet Typhlosion?" he finally asked.

((@ Zephyrous Castform: I know, but Amy had to say something to encourage Jet to eat it.))

Jet simply stared down at the salad in front of him. Amy watched him out of the corner of her eye as she ate her own, only to see him sigh and shove it away. "I'm going for a walk. Don't wait for me; I'll be on the ship in time."

Amy started to protest but Jet had already walked away, leaving his untouched salad behind. She forgot about her own and stood up to follow, giving the others one last glance of apology before rushing out after her partner.

" She hatched, and I was there. I just happened to be wandering about the woods near my house, and she hatched just as I came by. We grew up together, I was just a little kid when I found her. She evolved to Quilava when I was 10, and again to Typhlosion when I was... 14? Anyways. Growing up together, you grow to be pretty close to anyone. If, it's not too much...may I ask the same of you and Calim?"

Siyavash looked at her for a long moment, then sighed. "He's probably told you before. Honestly, I can't even remember most of it. I was fighting a Cacturne. She had an advantage... I was a Kirlia back then, and my punches weren't very strong. I remember that she raked my chin with her spikes and I couldn't hold her back. It wasn't a legal fight - we were in a place far removed from society. You can probably tell from my mannerisms that I was raised to fight to the death. Well, I had met my match that day. I don't remember falling to the ground, but I remember the feeling of my owner's foot on the back of my neck. I had lost so much blood that I couldn't move. The foot went away, and I knew he had gone. All I could think about was how I had to stay awake, because if I lost consciousness, I knew I'd never get it back. I concentrated on my breathing to keep myself aware. You know, in, out, in, out. I can't recall being bandaged up at all. It seemed to me as though the capacity to do more than breathe came all at once, a few hours later. When I opened my eyes, a shirtless boy with a bit of extra weight, a black eye and the gory remains of an untended bloody nose was looking down at me. I knew instinctively that I had him to thank for my life, and from that moment on, Calim and I have been bound for better or worse. That our relationship became anything more than friends was one part love, one part survival, and two parts the knowledge that no one else would ever be able to understand what we'd been through. We were both too weak to belong where we'd come from, but we hoped that maybe together, we'd be enough to afford a one bedroom apartment and pay most of our utilities on time," the Gallade narrated. He then grimaced. "I'm sorry. I got carried away a bit," he apologized.

Amy waved briefly to Typhlosion as she passed, barely registering that she seemed to be busking for some reason. Jet had disappeared from sight. Amy broke into a jog and slipped into a half-concealed alley between two buildings, knowing that Jet preferred the darkness to the light. Sure enough, she soon found him sitting beside a garbage can and flicking rocks at the opposite wall.

Amy crouched down beside her partner. "Jet..."

"Ty knows," Jet said bluntly. "He figured it out."

"It's not your fault," Amy told him. "I mean, I bet there are others among us who can't read. And I know you were trying hard when I tried to teach you..."

"I'm too dumb to learn," he said bitterly.

Amy gave him a light smack. "Don't say that," she scolded. "You're smarter than you give yourself credit for. You're certainly smarter than many other Pokemon, and you're just as smart as anyone else in the group. Besides, if you were too dumb to learn, you wouldn't have been able to do this." She slipped one hand into her pocket and drew out something small and hard. Sliding one fingernail along the edge, she snapped it open along tiny hinges and showed him what was inside.

Jet's expression softened. "I can't believe you kept this... I thought we lost everything when the police came."

"I never let go of this," Amy said, closing it again. "Now, come on. We should go back to the others."

She climbed to her feet and Jet followed, stretching out one paw to stop her walking away. "Amy..."

"What?"

"I love you."

Amy smiled and drew him closer, gently stroking his silky ears. "I love you too, and I always will. Come on, or we'll miss the ship."

Josh had finished his burger. He motioned to the Pokemon he got to start heading over towards the boat.

He smelt the scent of saltwater. He thought of the gang.

Wonder how Pureheart's doing? he thought.

Sunny returned his empty salad plate to the counter and left the restaurant, Aguro close behind him. The human and disguised Alakazam approahced the boat again stopped by the edge of the pier to wait for the others.

Sunny looked out at the sea and thought he saw, in the distance, a large blue tail rise out of the water, hanging there for a few moments before crashing to teh surface again with a splash. He smiled. He'd alwasy wante dto see a Wailord.

He looked up and saw Wingull flying to and fro, along with the occasional Pelliper, then looked back at the greenish water and saw Remoraid, Tentacool, Goldeen, Finneon, swimming aimlessly around. How he would love to have a simple life like one of the Pokémon here... even so, it would only be bearable with Aguro.

Gardevoir looked around, noticing the absence of Amy and Jet, and... the others. It was just her and Ty, again. He was still sitting back in his cheep fast food chair with his arms cross and his eyes closed. Did you-

Probably. Like I care.

Ty...

I'm pretty sure I only made the Lucario go. The other weren't my fault. Now, why has my drunk stop eating?

What did you do?

Don't know, don't care. Anyway, what if it was a secret?

She want back to fumbling with her salad, slowing eating it and left it at that. Occasionally she would glance up to see what Ty was doing, but he never moved. Sitting on a chair like that, he must have been aching.

Josh....

Her voice as faint, since she was so far away.

I love you...

"I love you too." Josh said aloud.

People looked at him like he was crazy. Talking to a voice they couldn't hear.

Calim, who had decided to go on the ship early, noticed Pureheart concentrating. He let her be as he snuck around, finding the stash of 'reserved' signs, grabbing a few when the guard was gone, and putting them on the doors near to his. It would be easier for the group to get together - and for the split lovers to as well - if they were close by. When he was done, he went back to Pureheart and their room and sat down on the bed. "What are you thinking about?" he inquired.

Was talking...to Josh... Pureheart said, I'm sorta...telepathic, in a way. The farther away...this fainter my voice.

Amy stopped outside the restaurant and stared through the window, seeing only Ty and Gardevoir still inside. She motioned to Jet. "Get in there, you're meant to be with Ty," she whispered.

Jet shook his head. "I don't want to be anywhere near Ty," he said stubbornly.

"Jet, you can't avoid him just because he knows your secret. Come on, if we're always together people will get suspicious. I'm meant to be with Typhlosion, not you."

Jet turned his head away and folded his arms. "I'll go with anyone but Ty."

Amy sighed. "Fine... you go ahead of me and get on the ship. Someone else should be there by now. I'll wait around for Typhlosion."

Jet set off toward the ship and Amy wandered toward Typhlosion. "That's a good idea," she told her, noticing the money in the bucket at her feet.

Meanwhile, Jet reached the pier and found Sunny and Aguro waiting. "Mind if I join you?" he asked.

Look's like I'm stuck with you again.

Gardevoir suddenly looked up at Ty, putting down the fork for her salad. This time, he had his eye open, but he was still laid back in the chair with his arms crossed. What do you mean?

Jet's not coming back, or he's prolonging his break, and no one else is here. What do you think?

Reh?! How do you know he's not coming back?

He walked here with his human, and then walked away. God woman, I keep my eyes closed yet see more than you.''

Should I-

No. Don't bother. He obviously wants to be alone, or not see anything related to me. Although, the thought of you leaving is nice.

Gardevoir raised an eyebrow and looked back down at one of her salads, pushing it aside. Fine then, I'll find someone else. She stood up from the chair and started to float away when she felt something coming at her head. She spun around, raising her hand to her face only to catch her box of salad.

I said eat both of them. And if you're going, don't get drunk.

I'll be on the boat. Then the psychic merely turned around with the salad box and quickly teleported elsewhere before Ty could say anything else.

Back
Top Bottom