• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Poképhiles

Re: Poképhiles

Jet made his way through the hallways, avoiding everyone else on the ship, until he reached the bathroom into which Amy had run. He could sense that she was not alone, so rather than bursting in, he knocked quietly on the door.

"Amy, I want to talk to you."

Amy froze at the sound of his voice. For a moment she didn't know what to do, but then she started edging toward the door. "Jet, I... I want to talk to you as well." She slipped past Siyavash and opened the door, letting Jet inside.

The Lucario stood for a moment, surveying Siyavash and Pureheart, then turned to Amy. His heart ached at the sight of her black eye and he took her hand, holding it to his chest. "Amy, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I love you."

Amy smiled. "I didn't think you did any more."

"Of course I do. You're the only one outside of this group who's ever treated me like an equal. I've never felt this way about anyone else. I've loved you since I was only a few years old and each day only makes me care more."

Amy's eyes glittered with tears of happiness; she threw her arms around Jet and hugged him as though she would never let go. Without caring that others were watching, she kissed him. Jet's arms wound around Amy's waist and the two of them clung together, both feeling as though the world existed only for them.

Siyavash ducked his head and silently moved past the two. He searched for Calim's emotional signature on the ship and walked to the source of it, where he could see Gardevoir looking anxious. "You've replaced me already?" he inquired.

Calim's face turned scarlet. "No! Nothing like that. I was just wondering what was up with Jet," he explained frantically. The Gallade's mouth curved in a wry smile.

"It's fixed now. Come on, the ship leaves soon, this is your last chance to steal a shirt," Siyavash stated.

"Do you have to be so blunt about it?" The blue eyes of the young man travelled to the Pokemon's shoulder while he spoke. "Oh! I forgot to finish bandaging you!" he exclaimed.

"Doesn't matter. It's not like you have any more clothes to spare," Siyavash said as he steered his partner away, nodding a pardon to Gardevoir for their abrupt exit.

"I didn't have the chance to grab any clothes before I left, and we didn't have room in the survival bag to pack spares. I left them all behind," was Calim's protest.

"Yes, all four sets of clothes, such a loss. Oh, my mistake, you had half a set of used pyjamas as well. Can't forget that."

Amy and Jet finally separated and Amy noticed Siyavash's absence first. "We're scaring everyone away," she said, giving Jet a playful smack to the arm.

"It's not my fault you can't resist me," Jet teased. Amy smiled; he was acting just like he used to, despite the fact that he was still trembling. She shrugged off her jacket and wrapped it around his shoulders, then began steering him out into the hallway.

"We'll see you later," she called over her shoulder to Pureheart.

"Go down that hallway," Jet instructed as they stepped outside. Amy looked at him cautiously but obeyed, taking the long path through the hallways until they reached their room. Jet had once again steered them around everyone else on the ship.

"Why don't you like meeting other people?" she asked.

"It's fairly obvious that we're together," Jet said. "Besides, do you like huge crowds after living on the streets for a year?"

Amy grimaced. "Guess not."

She opened the door for Jet and led him inside, pushing it closed with her foot afterward. Jet allowed Amy to help him shakily into bed, but when she stepped back he caught hold of her hand. "Stay with me?"

"Jet, I..."

"I don't mean anything sexual," Jet said quickly. "I just want to feel you beside me."

Amy hesitated, then kicked off her shoes and climbed into bed beside Jet. With their arms around each other and Jet's head against Amy's chest, he allowed himself to drift to sleep. Amy lay awake, staring at the wall and thinking about their past.

Pureheart came into the room.

What was your problem? she asked.

"Guess I kinda got mad." Josh said, yawning.

He started to fall asleep. Pureheart curled up next to him.

Asleep in seperate rooms, for the first time in close on a month, it was quite a lonely experience for both Typhlosion and Milanda. Both longed to just go to one-another, and they both knew thats what the other wanted as well. Their thought acted as a sort of control, and in their dreams, they were both together. Hopefully, the morning would not come for a long time.

As Gardevoir walked into her room, she was surprised to see Ty waiting for her on the couch. Aren't you and Jet sleeping in the same room? she asked.

Ty shook his head. Nope. They've gone all love bird on each other, and I don't want to be in the room while that happens.

Oh. What time is it? Is it already time to sleep?

Don't know, nor do I care.

He moved around a little on the couch until he was lying down on it. You get the bed, I'll sleep on the couch.

Are you sure you don't want the bed this time?

The bed's more comfy, meaning it's less likely your anorexic body will be bruised on it.

Gardevoir smiled faintly. Thanks.

Don't thank me for a stupid bed.

Then thank you for helping Jet, and talking to him.

Would have been you helping him, if you weren't scared he was going to hit you.

She frowned at this, and was almost shocked he could tell. Without want to say anything more, she floated to the bed in the room and sat down. Next time you know I'm scare, please don't stick your tongue out and leave.

Sure, just go to sleep already.

Amy slid backward out of bed, trying to avoid waking Jet. He stirred slightly but didn't wake. Amy crossed silently to the door and slipped outside, closing the door after her. She made her way through the hallways until she emerged into the open air on the deck and leaned against the rails, breathing in the fresh sea air and staring down at the ocean. The sound of waves had always comforted her, and the cool breeze eased the pain of her bruised eye.

"I wish we could just fit in," she whispered to herself, watching people moving around the city. "We're just like them... we just found love in a different place."

((Oh lawd I've written shorter fanfics))

Calim leaned back on the counter. "There," he said. His Gallade partner stretched, the bandages on his shoulder, hip and emotion-sensor holding fast. Calim frowned. "I'm sorry that I don't have the money to buy you a Potion," he apologized.

Siyavash gave him his usual one-sided smile. "Sometimes I think that the only way you'd stop worrying would be if you had massive brain damage and needed to be fed applesauce through a straw," he said, shaking his head.

"On the upside, we wouldn't have to run anymore, it would be legitimate for me to have a Psychic type with me everywhere I went," was the blue-eyed adult's response.

The pair stared at each other for a long moment. It was Calim who broke the gaze by averting his eyes to the ground. Now that they were alone, he could let down his guard.

"I'm scared," he murmured.

Siyavash tilted his head to the side. "Of what?"

Calim almost looked up, then quickly trained his guilty gaze back at the floor. "If we get caught again, I know what I'm going to do, and it scares me. I thought that I could really overcome all those years of training, but I can't. I'll never be a good person. I can never outrun what I was taught. I used to chastise myself all the time for even thinking of doing underhanded things, but I feel like we've been pressed against a wall now, and I just don't know, Siyavash, what is wrong with me?!?" By the end, the young man had broken down, and he leaned against the closed door to the bathroom, open palms covering his face out of shame.

Gently, almost unnaturally gently for the rough Pokemon, Siyavash reached out and pulled Calim to him. He held him between his left arm and the horn on his chest, right arm slung protectively over his consort's back. "Calim, look at me. I'm a Gallade without honour, a scarred, jealous, ugly-tempered being without so much as an ethical code. I can use barely any Psychic type attacks. Yet you love me and are willing to give up your dreams just to be by my side. If that isn't goodness, I don't know what is. But you have to stop fighting with yourself. The fact of the matter is that you are what you are, and you're never going to be a normal person. Accept that so we can move on. I need you to be strong right now, and if you want to keep everyone safe, you're going to have to pull yourself together," Siyavash said.

Calim inhaled deeply. "...I'm sorry. I'll be all right now. I just-"

"Yeah, yeah, I understand, I wonder what happened to my mom and sister sometimes myself. Now let's get going, I sense that there are some emotionally troubled bagels with strawberry cream cheese on them up on deck, and I need to comfort them, too," the Gallade said, letting go of his partner and brushing himself off before heading for the door to the washroom.

Purheart was on top of Josh. She licked his face lovingly.

I love you Pureheart said.

"Right back at ya." he replied.

Amy sighed and turned away from the ocean, staring up at the sky for a moment and nearly receiving a faceful of Wingull droppings as her reward. She ducked inside with her arms over her head, only taking them away when the ceiling was safely over her. For a moment she was lost, but finally she reached her room and opened the door, only to walk into Jet.

"What are you doing?" Amy gasped, stumbling to regain her footing. "Why aren't you asleep?"

"I was going to start looking for you. I'm not tired."

"But still, you should sleep..."

"I just want to be with you."

Amy smiled as Jet's arms wound around her waist. She sighed and leaned against him, following as she felt him drawing her backward into the room. They sank down side by side on the bed and kissed again, each with their arms around the other.

"I love you," Amy murmured.

"Amy, will you...?"

Amy paused, looking into Jet's eyes. She sighed and shook her head. "I'm sorry. I'm just not ready to do it again."

Jet nodded understandingly. "It's all right. I'm happy just to be with you." He leaned his head against her shoulder and they simply sat together, enjoying the silence.

A knock came on the door of Calim's room. He glanced over at Siyavash, then put the red dress shirt he'd swiped back on and buttoned his black jeans back up. He jogged over to the door and opened it up.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" Calim asked, flipping his loose hair out of his eyes. Siyavash, to cover for why he was out of his Poke Ball, was meditating on the bed. The only purple glow that surrounded any part of him was centred exclusively on his horns - only part of his body that could use psychic energy.

The person at the door, a middle-aged, mustachioed vision of the perfect butler, nodded but once. "Everyone on the ship is formally invited to two events - the battle tournament tomorrow morning and the costume ball tomorrow evening," the prim man informed him. "The philanthropic president of Silph co. is hosting these events and has set up a clothing rental on the lower floor. He hopes to see you there." Then the man was gone, presumably to the next door.

Siyavash cracked open an eye as Calim closed the door. "I would love to battle, get my blood pumping," he said.

The human male shook his head. "No way. I doubt we can got to the costume ball, either."

Siyavash shrugged. "We could, if the costumes are good enough. I could just pretend I'm a human in a Gallade suit," he suggested.

"We'll see what the others think," Calim decided.

Amy stood up abruptly, nearly causing Jet to overbalance and fall off the bed. "Are you hungry?" she asked. "You didn't eat much before we left the restaurant."

Jet shook his head. "I'm feeling a bit seasick," he admitted. Amy quickly took a step back, but Jet reached for her hand again. "I'm just a bit shaky. I'm all right."

"Let's go out and try to find the others," Amy said. "Maybe looking for them will distract you."

With one hand on Jet's arm to steady him, Amy led him out of the room and through the hallways, looking for anyone vaguely recognizable.

((Sorry, guys, I've been really inactive here recently. Unless I've been removed or whatever, could someone please fill me in on what;'s happened since Jet attacked Amy? Again, I'm really sorry...))

((Basically, everything is repaired, everyone is invited to battling and a costume ball))

(OOC: People! Get your rear in gear! Don't let this roleplay die! I can't post until I have something to post about!)

((OOC:Uh, should we just skip to when everyone's waking up the next morning for the battling and costume ball? *Coughskipcough*))

((Sure, why not.))

With all of the drama and the excitement, it didn't take long for the next day to come. Siyavash was the first one in his room awake, and he looked over at Calim with raised eyebrows. "Oh Mew, I LOVE lemon meringue," the young man muttered in his sleep, a smile spread wide over his face.

"That had better not be a sex dream," the Gallade intoned telepathically, loudly enough to make Calim jump up in bed, overbalance and fall on the floor.

"What? What had better not be a sex dream?" the youth demanded in a sullen tone. He didn't like being woken up, but had learned to live with it from his partner.

"You seriously don't remember? Well, it isn't that important. We've got to reserve our costumes. Come on, let's up and at them, we haven't got all day," Siyavash said.

Calim shook his head. "I barely even know how to dance, I don't know why you're so enthusiastic. Hey, wait, you're ENTHUSIASTIC about dancing?!?" he asked in disbelief.

The helmeted Pokemon's face reddened. "No, I'm not, now get going."

"You ARE! You want to dance! I knew there was a Gallade in there somewhere!" Calim cheered.

They arrived at the checkout before most people arrived. Calim went right off into the more glitzy get-ups while Siyavash went for accessories and ways to make it look more like he was a dressed up human than a Pokemon.

Pureheart padded over to Josh and smacked him with her tail.

"Gah!" Josh exclaimed, waking up.

"Good, you're awake." she said, "How am I gonna dress up?"

Josh and Pureheart rushed to the checkout.

"Hey Calim." Josh greeted, "Have a nice sleep?"

Amy stirred and slowly opened her eyes to see Jet looking into her eyes. His arms were wrapped tightly around her waist under their blanket. "Good morning," he said softly.

Amy quickly looked down, relieved to see that she was wearing her clothes. "Morning," she told Jet. "Are you feeling better today?"

"A little. Are we going to the battle tournament?"

Amy hesitated. "Jet... it's been a long time since you battled more than a wild Rattata. Don't be upset, but... you're not strong enough."

He gently brushed her hair away from her face. "We can watch. Maybe some of the others will be competing and we can cheer them on."

Amy nodded and climbed out of bed, pausing to stuff her feet into her shoes before she crossed to the door. Jet trailed after her and she turned to him as they reached the door.

"Don't stay too close to me," Amy warned. "People might figure out that we're together. Just look like a friend rather than a lover."

She pushed open the door, letting them both out into the hallway, and began searching for the others.

Calim looked furtively over at where Siyavash was, then sighed. "It was an all right sleep. How about yours? What do you think you're going to dress like?" he inquired. "I think I'm going to try to look like a Gardevoir."

Back
Top Bottom