• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Poképhiles

Re: Poképhiles

Gardevoir opened her eyes, slightly fluttering them before having them open fully. In front of her was Ty, standing next to the bed. He back away as soon as he realized she was awake, and thought, There’s a battle thing on today, as well as a dance.

Gardevoir pushed herself up from the bed, and slid off until her feet touched the ground. She noticed the look on Ty’s face; something somber yet angry. What’s wrong? she asked.

Nothing. Come on, we need to meet up with the others.

Again, he left without letting her say anything else. She looked around the room to see him leaving, and shook her head to relieve herself of her tiredness. Eventually, she teleported to the checkpoint at the same time Ty got there.

So, what are we doing today? Gardevoir asked.

With Jet trailing behind her, Amy made her way to the checkout to reserve her outfit for that night. She gazed around absently for a moment before pointing out a Beautifly costume to Jet. "What do you think of that?"

"Well, I'm not wearing it."

Amy laughed. "Of course you're not. It'd just look weird on you."

Jet studied Amy for a moment. "I think it would suit you," he said.

Calim shrugged. "To be honest, I was never very good at learning about Pokemon. The only one I really know anything about is Gallade. Maybe Ninetales?" he suggested. He was looking at a long white dross with a slit in the middle. It looked like it would fit him. Now to find some crinoline.... Scanning the racks, he found an underskirt that seemed to go with what he was holding. 'Maybe I can pull this off,' he thought to himself, waving at Amy when she came into his line of vision.

Josh picked up a Latios costume and a Hitmonchan costume. Pureheart was busy strolling around the Pokemon costume section (Like those pet costumes.).

"Guys, what do you think I should wera?" he asked, "This or this."

Gardevoir looked around all the cos tums while Ty slumped in a corner with his arms crossed and an annoyed look on his face.

I told you I'm not going to dress up as anything.

She ignored him, still searching until she came across a Cubone costume. She smiled and picked it out. I think this one suits you.

Are you saying I'm the kind of person to wear my dead mom's skull.

Yes.

For me? she asked.

He looked at her; scrutinized her until finally he moved from the corner, uncrossing his arms. Fine, but I want you to battle in the tournament.

Reh? She waited a moment for him to say something else, but he didn't. He actually meant it. But I thought you-

I do. I'm not entering it to battle.

What?

Ty moved closer to her and took the costume. It was big and clunky, and about five times bigger then the average Cubone, making it the perfect size for him to wear.

Equal exchange. An eye for an eye. You want me to dance in this costume, I want to enter that tournament.

Amy waved to Calim when she noticed him, then became aware of Jet's absence. She spun around, searching for him, and finally located his tail sticking out from behind a rack. She approached him to see him browsing the outfits and shoving aside a Raichu costume.

"You don't need to dress up," she pointed out. "You're a Pokemon. Or did you forget?"

"No, I just... I was just looking."

"Looking for...?"

"Nothing in particular. Just looking."

Amy watched suspiciously as Jet resumed his search, seemingly without a target in mind.

Milanda and Typhlosion were discussing the battling and Roleplay.
"I AM NOT! NEVER! NO!"
"But you'd look so adorable in that Cyndaquil costume."
"YOU JUST WANT ME TO BE YOUR 'BABY'! PAEDOPHILE!!"
"Milanda, people are staring."
"AUGH!" And with that, Milanda dove into the costume rack to hide.
"Fine. Don't. We'll just watch then". Milanda's muffled voice sent back a response. She had become entangled in the rack, somehow, and attempts to get out only lead to her falling out in a mess of at least 8 different costumes.
"Great". Typhlosion just laughed at her.

Josh decided on the Hitmonchan costume. The Latios one was too clunky.

-----

Pureheart searched around the Pokemon Costume section. She found two costumes that would fit her. A Buneary costume and a Lucario Costume.

Hey, which one should I choose? she said to anyone in the group within range.

Milanda answered, but her reply was pretty much useless.
"Is'nt it... redundant for pokemon to be dressing as other pokemon?"

Amy reserved the Beautifly outfit and returned to Jet, who had given up searching. "Come for a walk?"

Jet followed her outside and onto the deck, where she leaned against the rail and stared into the sea. Jet braced his back against the rail and avoided looking at the water.

"What were you looking for?" she asked.

"I wasn't looking for anything," he replied. "I was just looking at the outfits. I thought that if the others were dressing up, maybe I should as well."

Amy glanced around to make sure they were alone, then reached out and gently stroked Jet's cheek with her fingertips. "You're perfect the way you are," she whispered.

He smiled self-consciously. "I'll stand out like an Umbreon in a field of Mareep at the dance. I'll be the only one not dressed up."

I know, Milanda. But who says Pokemon can't dress up? Pureheart said.

Josh reserved the Hitmonchan outfit and Pureheart's Lucario outfit.

Calim went to try on his assembled Gardevoir costume. It was tight, but it fit. As he was admiring his appearance in a mirror, he caught a glance at Siyavash as he went by.

"Um, Si, is that... Is that glitter?"

The Gallade folded his arms. "Makes my face look like a mask, doesn't it?" he responded defensively.

Now that Calim could see him full-on, he jumped. "Wow, it really does," he murmured, walking over and touching his Pokemon mate.

Siyavash grinned, satisfied. "Come on, then. Time for breakfast," he declared. Calim changed back into his normal clothes, then the two went upstairs to locate a table.

((Ack, I won't let this die!))

It's time to eat, Gardevoir said, looking at Ty holding the Cubone costume. With relief, Ty threw it down and walked away, pausing briefly for Gadevoir to follow.

You going to eat everything this time?

Yes. Why?

Because, you're getting skinnier, and I need you to be full when the battle comes around.

Nothing else was said between them as they made their way upstairs.

Amy leaned against Jet, her arms around his waist and his paws stroking her hair. "Isn't this romantic?" she breathed. "Standing on the deck of a ship, alone together..."

"Amy... let's forget about the others, let's just go back to our room..."

Amy loosened her grip on the Lucario, looking troubled. "Jet, I've told you... there are some things I'm just not comfortable with. I love you, but..."

"But you don't feel ready to take the next step," Jet recited dully. "It's already happened twice. Why are you still so uncomfortable about it?"

"I just am," Amy said. "Come on, let's go and have breakfast."

"You go ahead," Jet muttered, turning away. "I want to stay here a while longer."

Amy took a step toward the door and glanced back nervously before disappearing inside. Jet remained where he was, staring into the distance and remembering the excitable girl Amy had been before her mother's death.

((Okay guys I think I'm going to speed things up to the ball, does anyone have any objections? Dragon_Night, you could describe how things went in the battle.))

((Alright. Speedy away!

Oh yeah, this is an extremely long post because I got out of hand :/ Sorry >.>))

There were a few choice words that could have described the first battle. Most of them would have gotten Ty punched in the face by one of the contestants. It would have been a surprise if they did, considering he was still disguised as a girl, and many of the men there had gone ga-ga over him as soon as they saw him.

They didn't like him/her after the fist battle.

Ty was only a teenager, who, unknown to the contestants, never battle with pokemon in his life. Thus, he left it all up to Gardevoir, who was an experienced fighter, who also hadn't fought in over a year.

And yet somehow they managed to defeat the first opponents Magikarp.

Oh God, these idiot's are going easy on me.

I'm sure giving them the middle finger is changing their minds...

Sure enough, the next opponent came out with a Dragonite.

Unfortunately, the weight of the dragon, and the sheer size of it were more then enough to make the battle easy. The battlefield the contest was held on (or, more specifically, one of the many battle rooms for this Tournament) was a small room, just big enough for a battle. The floors and wall were made out of old style wood (or at least, were painted to look that way) and there was only one bright light the hung loosely from the celling. And with the room being small, the Dragonite only ended up looking stupid while crashing into the walls, nearly hitting the only light source, and hitting many of the people watching.

And all during the battle, Gardevoir has set up an mind link with the Pokemon and Ty while just narrowly teleporting way from attacks.

Are you sure your trainer likes you? Or is his only wish to use you like he uses all your other team mates? Is the only time you come out of that ball is when you need to battle. Think carefully about your master. He doesn't deserve you, and chances are, only treats you as a tool for battle. So get away while you can and find someone better. And when that doesn't work, as it never does, go and live with your kind.

Throughout the battle he would say the same thing in different ways until the battle ended with Gardevoir confusing the dragon and making it hit into the wall repededly. She had been listening in on what Ty was saying the whole time, and asked, Are you trying to make them unhappy?

Ty shrugged his shoulders, watching at the man they had just faced returned his Dragonite and walk away. I'm trying to make the Dragonite happy. I could care less for the human.

Oh yeah, nice job defeating it without my commands.

In the second battle, they faced a girl this time, one that was about Ty's age too. She took out her pokeball, and released a Machoke.

The battle lasted as long as the Dragonite, with Ty talking, and Gardevoir fighting on her own.

But then the fourth battle came. The opponent sent out an Umbreon, looking smugly at Ty, who returned the look with one that could have been mistaken for the devil. Before the fight even started, he called it off. The other's contestant looked pissed as Gardevoir announced he gave up. They were expecting a fight. But, they let them leave, giving them dirty looks as they left, and commenting "Why are ya quitin'? Or do ya just not want to fight anything where ya might lose?!"

Ty left with flipping them another birdy, and Gardevoir teleported him and her away before they did anything about it. Both appeared in their room, and immediately Ty slumped on the couch, closing the window curtains that had were behind it.

He asked in a bored though, Okay, I guess I have to do this Ball thing, right?

Gardevoir nodded. Yes. She paused for a moment, moving to the bed and looking at the clock on the wall.[/i] Any reason you pulled me out of the fight?[/i]

It was an Umbreon. There's a type advantage, and the battle would probably end with your anorexic body on the floor, or you in pain. Neither seemed neccicary since linking my mind to a dark type won't work.

She didn't want to say anything, but she regretted pulling out of the fight. Inside, she kind of missed battling. And with Ty standing where her only trainer used to be...

She looked at the clock again. The tournament only took an hour out of the day. So, are we just going to wait until the Ball?

Well, you can do whatever, I'll just stay here out of everyone's eyes.

Josh was watching the battles. He was shocked when Ty quit.

Josh, they're asking for new competitors. Purheart mewed.

"So?" Josh said, raising his left eyebrow.

I wanna battle. she said.

"Sir, I would like to enter the competition with my Delcatty." Josh stammered.

The man running the battles looked down at Josh (he was sitting on a lifeguard chair). "All right. You will need to give me her information, however," he said.

Back
Top Bottom