• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokkén Tournament Choice Mafia - Game Thread

Re: Pokkén Tournament Choice Mafia - Game Thread

I'd think it would vary. I definitely balanced power cost by power usefulness when I ran that evolution mafia game all those years ago (five years ago that's too long help I hate time). I mean, I'm not MF, but that seems like the logical thing to do.

That seems likely, a higher cost would mean a better move (though I think my burst disagrees)

I'm actually curious on whether or not the roles follow a theme, such as one person would be a dedicated doctor role with varying degrees of protection, or if one role just has a healing power up there in the 10 point range or something

Honestly, my burst power is likely the most helpful burst power in the game.

My powers follow a theme pretty well, I'd say, but I dunno if that means everyone does.

My powers are definitely themed around the pokémon I am, not their mechanics. They don't really synergize.

(So... are we going to lynch anyone today?)

Mine don't theme around my Pokemon, nor their main series game mechanics

Is no one going to do anything!? But that's such a wasted opportunity! Guys, you realize we can kill one person each day, right? So if we don't lynch anyone, we're throwing away a perfectly good murder. Seriously, does no one else want to kill a person? Am I the only one here who wants to just grab someone and... just... hrhhrrrrg... you know!? You know what I mean, right? Just grab 'em and squeeze their brains real hard until they just drop dead!?

... Fine! I'm gonna vote to lynch Vipera Magnifica, for laughs. Come here, lemme pop that skull of yours! It's funny! Laugh!

... Right

So... Uh I disagree? I don't even... Meh. Playing the gimmick I guess.

Speaking of Gimmicks, I made a list of who's who in case anyone forgets (like me)

ILS: Chandelure
Zero Moment: Weavile
Negrek: Sceptile
Music Dragon: Gengar
VM: Braixen
Stryke: Shadow Mewtwo
Superbird: Blaziken
Autumn: Pikachu Libre
Kratos Aurion: Garchomp
JackPK: Suicune
Butterfree: Charizarrrd (Nightkilled N0, Innocent)
Faorzia: Pikachu Regular
Wargle: Machamp

Much though I like to keep games moving, we don't really have anything solid to base any lynches on, which means we don't have much choice other than firing at random. I assume that's what MD is up to, unless he knows something and just isn't in the mood to indulge us at the moment...?

Of note, a quick check tells me that every living player has posted so far aside from Zero Moment. If you wanted to go strictly on activity then there's that, but he also barely ever posts at all anyway so it's not like his silence on an uneventful first day is actually indicative of anything.

We've still got a bit over a day to decide, I believe, so there's still time for something to happen. Granted I dunno how much will happen, since I assume most people's free actions (if they even have free actions, I dunno, maybe not everyone does) are not likely to generate as much information as actions that actually cost something.

They are greeted by Butterfree's lifeless corpse, her Battle AR unlit and seemingly broken. Her faithful partner Pokémon, Charizard, laid right nearby, its life's flame snuffed -- literally, seeing as the characteristic blaze at the tip of its tail had gone out. Otherwise, not a mark on its body, although the sordid task of lifting the gargantuan dragon's carcass from the pavement reveals a number of cuts and bruises, along with a gouge on the ground.

Right so, heres what we have so far:
Charizard was covered in cuts and bruises, so we know that this pokemon had to have a sharp appendage to cut through a Charizards skin, but yet also have enough strength to bruise it up as well. The gouge in the ground makes me suspect that Charizard was lifted up and thrown HARD against the pavement, hard enough to crack the pavement. Or if thats not the case, then the gouge was somehow made by this mystery pokemon. Not many pokemon have that kind of strength. And finally, this pokemon has to be able to snuff out a flame, either by regular pokemon physics (water, rock, or ground type), or otherwise. I'm thinking the cuts and bruises were a byproduct of being thrown against the pavement like that, and that would also explain why the cuts and bruises were on the pavement instead of plain sight. And the flame going out is what happens when a charizard dies. So... it would have to be a pokemon with enough strength to lift a 200 lb. behemoth, and throw it against the pavement with such a a force as to crater the pavement (Is crater a verb? I guess now it is) and severely bruise and cut up poor Charizard. So, I think we've got some pretty solid evidence right here.

Okay, I'm changing my vote now. I want to lynch Stryke. It's too dangerous, having a forensic scientist on the team.

But forensics is cool! It helped us narrow down our choices and NCIS!

Oy vey. Please don't be on of those games...

Okay, I think it's time I addressed the elephant in the room. Haven't you all noticed that there are two Pikachus? One of them is clearly an impostor! My money's on Autumn, because no one cared who she was until she put on the mask.

Talk like that is how you get yourself a Stunner. I'd watch out, Pikachu Libre doesn't get tired, he get mad!

This is going to be another thread filled with GoAnimate videos and anagram gifs, isn't it.

I'm a little sad that we can't just have a truly genuine shit-flinging mafia that doesnt have any of the logic and analysis stuff tbh. Sometimes I just want to lynch people who look at me funny! Y'know?

Okay, I'm going to change my vote back to Vipera Magnifica again, just so we can get an actual lynch today. All is forgiven, Stryke! You keep doing you, my guy.

Back
Top Bottom