• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Political Compass

Status
Not open for further replies.
pcgraphpng.php

Pretty average, I guess.

Also, the quiz should have a "neutral" option.

Oh well, that makes sense, although there are things that people are born as that are pretty unlucky. As I mentioned above, genetic diseases/disorders or predisposition to disorders, which are actually part of the person, such as schizophrenia, bipolar, MS, cerebral palsy, etc.

I agree. While 'luck' is perhaps a bad word to use, I think it's silly to think that everyone's born on a level playing field, and that where they end up in life is due entirely because of how hard they tried - who your parents are, how much money they have, what race they are, what social connections they have and so on hugely affect people's life chances, and obviously nobody chooses who their parents are - hence 'luck'.

Oh well, that makes sense, although there are things that people are born as that are pretty unlucky. As I mentioned above, genetic diseases/disorders or predisposition to disorders, which are actually part of the person, such as schizophrenia, bipolar, MS, cerebral palsy, etc.

People born with genetic disorders don't have genetic disorders because they're unlucky, they have them because they inherited them from their parents. Using a word like 'luck' in this sense is misleading, I think.

I would define someone as inherently unlucky if, all other things being equal, bad things consistently happened to them more often than to other people. I think that's the sense the test is using.

I disagree that the quiz should have a neutral option. I like that it forces you to take a side on the issues. I didn't even know what some of the terms were, so I had to look them up. Like the question "is protectionism sometimes necessary"; I didn't know what protectionism was. xD

There are a lot of moral-dilemma type questions on here, too. "Those with the ability to pay should have the right to higher standards of medical care." As a capitalist, I was torn on this one. But I took the question at face value at choose "disagree", simply because I believe that you should receive the same quality of medical care regardless of what you pay.

Wow. So boring. I don't actually need to post the image, because it's exactly like everyone else's. I feel like retaking the tests and just shoving myself into the Authoritarian/Free Trader Corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom