• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Possessed By Legend

A yellowish ball came rolling down the hole the Sandslash was digging, picking up more and more speed as it came crashing down. After bouncing into the Sandslash, the ball started to unravel, into the form of a plump little Sandshrew, laying on its back, The Sandshrew also appeared to be holding two other balls, which upon further inspection, could actually be seen to be a pair of large berries, more specifically Watmel berries. "Hii Rik!" The Sandshrew announced, in an excited squeak. "I found lunch for us! Here, you can have one." Sam rolled one of the large berries over to his older brother, sitting up and holding onto the other himself. "How much longer do we have to go?"

"Not long, by my estimate," answered Rik, grabbing the berry and taking a large bite. "We're gonna have to surface soon, we're almost at the mountain. We'll have to either climb or take the human path."

Rik spat out a few seeds and began digging at full speed again.

"Done eating, Sandslash? I mean, it's only the world that's at stake!" grumbled the grey apparition of Groudon.

Rik silently cursed the Legendary, but continued digging.

Momo sped up, being a rather nimble Pokemon, and thus leapt from rock to rock with reckless abandon, and started seeing spears at the top of the mountain.

"Uh, Raikou, is that...?" Momo inquired, continuing his climb.

"Yeah." Raikou said simply. "Watch your step, if you die it'll be a pain in the ass to find another Pokemon. Then again, it might be something faster."

"Shove it." Momo continued his climb, almost at his destination.

Storm looked down at the ground.

"Hey Soul, d'you hear that...?" The fire bobbed slightly.

"Down below, there seems to be a Kecleon and the spirit of.." She paused. "Ho-oh. They seem to be calling to us, or some others who're hidden." Storm blinked.

"Well, we might as well go see. Race you!" She turned, and angled herself towards the Kecleon. "Heads up," she chirped.

Ura dove down deeper in the ocean. There were no Dragonair there, but it was home, and she was satisfied. She could never imagine leaving.

A large, birdlike Pokemon's form suddenly materialized in front of her. It surprised her; it was not unusual for Pokemon that blended in with the water surrounding them to suddenly appear, but this seemed like a different kind of appearing, and she had never seen anything like this before. It was grayscale, too, even though most Pokemon that lived in the sea were colored blue and white for camoflauge. She herself was an example of this.

She could see no other way to find out more but to ask.

"Who are you?"

A voice replied. It was not spoken, but resounded in her head, purely of her mind.

"I am the Lugia, Entia, guardian of the seas. I have something to ask of you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ura looked up at the huge mountain looming before her.

"This is the place?" she asked the blue flame beside her.

Indeed.

"And when we reach the top, we shall meet the others, as well as Arceus. With their help, we can defeat the dark forces..."

You remember; that is good. But, it will be no use that you remember what we are doing if we cannot reach the top. We should go soon. Flying will tire you out, remember, so you can only fly for short distances. You'll have to slither most of the way.

"It will be fine. It will remind me of swimming," Ura tried to soothe Entia, but she ignored her.

If only I had my wings! This would be so much easier that way. Most of us legendaries could fly, and those that don't, we could probably carry. All the ones that we couldn't carry could probably be teleported there, or Palkia could create a rift in space. And we could carry all you innocent Pokemon, our chosen... Entia trailed off, no longer bothering to put her thoughts into words. Instead, Ura recieved flashes of emotions. She could tell from these that Entia was irritated.

"Calm down," she tried to calm her again. "It shall be fine. Perhaps if the darkness goes away, you will be revived."

And what if we aren't?

"You will always be remembered. Do you think any of us would let your legacy die? And your spirits still exist. You still hold some power, atleast."

There was a pause in the Lugia's thoughts.

That is true, young one. You have grown wise. I am somewhat amused, and glad that I got to you before Uxie did. I do not know Uxie's intentions, but I'm sure she would have been priveleged to possess someone as intelligent as you. Now let us find others. We will need all the help we can on this journey.

"Don't you use that tone with me." Hera snapped, "After all, who's the one carting you up there? Who's the one who has to leave her friends behind for longer than she has to just because a legendary got herself killed? I'll go, but only because Arceus said so. Not you, not any other legendary." She folded her arms and glared at the ball of fire.

"...I had to pick you. I had to pick another wiseass." Midnight groaned, "Look, the sooner we get up there, the sooner we get done with this quest and the sooner you're rid of me, OK? Now can't you just teleport up there or something?"

"It's not that simple. I can only teleport to places I've been before. I've never been to Spear Pillar. We'll have to take the trainer path."

Skirmix's climbing eventually lead him to a colder area. For him, it was now a struggle to move.

"Blasted cold," He snarled, "Why must the only way to the summit be through this blizzard?"

"First off, it's not the only way, just the way you happened to choose. Second, it's there to deter pokemon like you from the spear pillar."

"Well then, why don't you make myself useful and open a dimensional gate?"

"Again, the only way I can make a dimensional gate is if I possess a body, and I will not-" Palkia stopped as he saw Skirmix lumber off again Apparently, the talk had been to stall time so he could get his strength back.

"possess yours." He finished. Muttering foul words under his breath, the blue flame shot after Skirmix.

Momo was getting pretty tired, having tried to scale a big-ass mountain too fast.

"Why," he panted, looking up at the summit, which didn't seem much closer than it had. "Is it getting so damn cold?"

"Don't worry about it, just keep climbing." Raikou ordered. Momo grumbled a few swears and kept at it.

Sam sat down in the hole and bit into the watmel berry, letting his brother do the work of digging. As he was busy gorging himself, he heard a voice in his head.

You 'twit... Stop stuffing your face, you fat blob of lard and help your brother dig this hole.

Sam looked around, still not used to having the great Rayquaza stuck inside his mind and body. "Huh, did someone say anything?" He blinked in confusion.

Argh! When I get my body back, you will be the first thing I utterly annihilate... useless vermin...

[oh hell]

To those who had to travel beneath the clouds, the sky was dim and depressing. Clouds blotted out everything, and though they had just recently let loose their payloads they continued to glare down angerly upon those below, waiting for a chance to let rage their anger in an attempt to drown those of the ground.

Of course, the night sky was beautiful still, if you could get above the clouds. Years of training and battle had honed the muscles of the one who flew silently through the night sky just above the clouds. Gliding was difficult and risky up this high- The wings had to constantly be beating to keep the heavy creature airborne. Up here the air was thin and oxygen was scarce... And yet this did not deter the dragon. A being of the mountains, evolution had taught its species how best to breathe in conditions where oxygen is not at its most plentiful, and provided the necessary equipment to assist in the task. Behind it trailed a blue flame, which was just barely keeping up with the dragon's speed. Suddenly the creature stopped moving forward through the air and dipped downwards through the clouds. A massive mountain lay in view, a silent wall between the two halves of the region it sat in. The dragon soared downwards at a sharper angle now until finally it landed. The dragon was about three quarters of the way up the massive piece of rock, and and among a drift of snow. Its natural body head made quick work of the frozen water and before long feet touched stone. The great wings were folded in close to the body and the dragon panted for a while. The trailing flame finally got up to where the dragon was and eventually gathered into a small orb of blue flame, its interior white. No heat radiated from this ball of fire. After several minutes, the dragon spoke.

"Others must have arrived. I'm going up." The Charizard turned to face the peak and spread its wings again, but the ball of flame darted out in front.

"You have flown the entire journey above the clouds. You started deep in Kanto and flew all the way here nonstop. You shall hurt yourself if-"

"The flame knows not of what it empowers apparently. I know my limits." And with this there was no more arguments. The spirit knew that it would not be able to change the dragon's mind- The Charizard had its pride. And with this the Charizard took off again and began the flight to the peak.

Maia wanted to cry. She had been climbing for so long, and she was still getting nowhere. It was cold. Celebi was so impatient, muttering who-knew-what. She heard the word Ralts more than once. Being a spirit, she obviously didn't notice the cold or dark. It was night, after all. Finally, when she was about to turn and leave or actually burst into tears, she said,
"If you want me to help you so much, help me!!"
The flame seemed to shrug and floated towards the Ralts. She suddenly felt very warm, obviously, but not like a normal fire. Different..
Fluttering her new fairy wings, Maia zoomed towards the top of the mountain.

With a loud chirrup, Ooyu launched himself into the air with his seemingly spring-loaded tail, landing with a thud on Storm's back. He grinned widely, and Wilde quickly assumed his spectral form, trailing behind them.

"I am sorry about Ooyu. He's a tad odd." Wilde said, sighing. Ooyu didn't seem to notice.

He bounced on the spot on the Salamence's back, wide grin on his face.

"I hope you don't mind company! Me an' Wildey are looking to get up the mountain!" He practically yelled. "Do you think there will be food? Like cake? I like cake. One time, this guy in my Kecleon clan stole a cake from a human and we all ate it. I had frosting on my head..." He droned.

Wilde sighed.

Storm grinned.

"So your name's Ooyu? I'm Storm, and this is Latias, Soul Fire." She smirked. "Kinda ironic right now.."

"Oh shut up." The purplish fire flashed. "Pains, aren't they, Ho-oh?"

A Rattata was running up the mountainside as fast as it could, trying to keep up with the others. A blue flame was following it, sometimes floating above or besides it.

"Can't you run faster?" The blue flame said, it's voice was deep and rang with power that wasn't there.

"Nope. I'm a small Rattata, maybe if I evolved I could, but I don't want to evolve, sooo... Yeah." The Rattata said. It was happy and full of energy, but still it had problems following the group.

"Haa..." The flame sighed. "Saburo, I know you can go faster than that. Please don't agitate me by lying."

"Haha, you caught me!" Saburo sped up and soon reached the top where some Pokémon had gathered. They were all followed by flames similar to the one who was following Saburo.

"Happy now, Giratina?"

"Yes." Giratina grunted. He was obviously not happy with being stuck with a dimwit like this.

"Hi guys!" The rodent greeted the other Pokémon.

Jax and Scar finally reached the top. As soon as they got there, Scar left the body, disgusted.

"How I could be stuck with you is beyond me..." Scar groaned.

"Don't be sad, Scarry." Jax said, "I'll make sure you'll like me."

Scarry? Scar thought.

After what seemed like an eternity, Skirmix finally reached the summit. All around, he could see other pokemon, each with a flame near them.

"Great,"he muttered, "More of you. I wonder if I'm the only one who didn't want this burden on me?"

Palkia didn't say anything; Smirmix figured that the dragon was still furious at him for running off while he was talking.

After what felt like forever, Hera finally reached the top, panting and gasping for breath. The little ball of flame glared down at her and grunted.

"Really. Was it that hard?"

"Shut up..." Hera managed to stagger a few more feet before finally collapsing. If Midnight had had hands, she would've facepalmed.

"I had to pick this one."

"I think there are people climbing the mountain already~"

"That's what happens when you don't pay attention. Now you'll be the last to arrive."

Halan sticks his tongue out at the blue flame before hopping onto a rock, judging the best route to take to climb the mountain. The blue flame just sighs, seeing no way that this small Riolu can do to catch up with the others.

"This is going to be fun Atemu~"

Halan hopped to another rock, then started to climb the mountain rapidly with nothing but a grin. The blue flame stares in wonder as he watches the small pokemon climb the vast mountain with little effort.

"This...must be the energy Riolus have..."

"Hurry up Atemu~"

With a start, the blue flame follows after Halan.

"Yeah, I'm Ooyu! Watch what I can do!" Ooyu yelled, sticking out his long skinny tongue and licking Storm's scales with a loud slurping sound, and then his own green scales changed to the exact same shade. "Now I'm a dragon type!"

"Ugg, tell me about it." Wilde sighed, nodding in Soul Fire's direction.

"You know, I could go for cake right now." Ooyu said, nodding.

Storm flinched as Ooyu licked her back, and her passenger almost fell off.

"Oh.. sorry about that. Hey, look, there're a few Pokemon here already." The peak was just a bit ahead, and a few flames lit it up. "Going in for a landing now, hold on tight." Storm stretched her arms out, facing the peak and going for the center. Her claws skimmed the rocks, and she flared her wings to stop her flight.

"Kinda cold here, isn't it? For a mountain top, ha ha.."

Back
Top Bottom