• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Presents

but gq, surely going hiking while drunk would be a dangerous hobby!

I mean, how are you going to shot Jaeger? what if you lose your shotglass, geez. then it would just be normal hiking and that's fuckin boring.

Hiking's great. But you need a good drink at the end of a hike. Also, hiking for more than 6-7 hours a day is pretty shitty on your body.

but gq, surely going hiking while drunk would be a dangerous hobby!

I mean, how are you going to shot Jaeger? what if you lose your shotglass, geez. then it would just be normal hiking and that's fuckin boring.
As Tarvos pointed out, you have your drink as your post-hike reward. :)

Then again, I have met people who bring a flask of spirits with them on walks to keep warm! Apparently the trick is not to drink too much at once. :D

Build a campfire, have a drink, if you're so inclined play that acoustic guitar you brought.

But drinking during the hike? Maybe if I'm going across a flat field, but not when I'm climbing mountains steeper than a ladder or crossing some ledge of insanity. And also not if it's really hot, or really cold... I cannot imagine alcohol during a hike being anything short of bad.

Or hike in the Czech Republic and get beer cheaper than water but better than anything you'll ever drink.

I'd love to go there! Actually, all of Eastern Europe is a bit of a mystery to me. I should have taken a gap year and gone wandering. :P

- Four (4) Hero Factory [Raw-Jaw, Nex 3.0, Black Phantom, Scorpio]
- One (1) pair of Vans [A size too small]
- One (1) Copy of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword [Collector's Edition]

Yes
Hell yes
HeLl MoThErFuCkInG yEs :o)

Let's see

-1 lego set, Pirates Of The Carribean (small)
-1 sketchpad and about 10 drawing pencils (for drawing pokemon/other things)
-World War Z, paperback book, by Max Brooks. details the zombie apocalypse
-11/22/63, hardcover book, by Stephen King. Not sure about this one.
-Money that will be used towards buying a drawing tablet, Pokemon Rumble Blast, and the Legend Of Zelda : Wind Waker.
-Credit for 1 CD.

Oh, an 1 (1) beginner's steel string acoustic guitar with tabs for 4 chords and picks.

:D I be rockin'

• Skyward Sword (I've only played up to the Skyview Temple but oh god it's wonderful)
  • a wiimote with motion plus built in with which to play Skyward Sword
  • like $200, which will probably go toward a small Intuos4 :D
  • Chocolate
  • One of those knit animal hats that all the cool kids have (mine's a frog!)
  • new jammies!
  • a headset for gaming and skype-ing
  • $30 Barnes and Noble gift card for ebooks
  • $25 Amazon gift card

edit: aww man I wanted the GLORIOUS WIIMOTE for skyward sword, but I am happy with my blue one nonetheless. :v

Kirby: Return to Dreamland (AWESOME!!!!)
A black tie
A subscription to Smithsonian magazine

...yeah my payload was kinda small this year.

Let's see here~

• Magic card deck :D
  • Pretty much $200 worth of gift cards
  • Two pairs of headphones
  • Shirts and thermals (now I can be warm :D)
  • Skyward Sword <3
  • FUCKING 3DS WHOO <333
  • OoT 3D for said 3DS
  • Oh, and a shitton of cookies <3

#swag

- an aqua blue 3DS from my parents with Mario Kart 7 (really great) and Super Mario 3D Land (I'm really bad at this)
- a couple of other things like a ring and a cute notebook and some stuff
- a scarf with an owl on it, a handbag and a stegosaurus-shaped-moneybox!!! from my grandparents
- this thing that goes onto your DS/3DS and stores three games at once and you just press a button and it switches between games or something??? idk it's neat
- $200 worth of vouchers which I have now converted into five albums (Coldplay, Gotye, Faker, Bluejuice & Dukes of Windsor), two DVDs, a pair of headphones that actually stays in my ears (<3!!!) and Ocarina of Time for 3DS (the last one before they sold out!)
- and some soap/handcream/bath stuff from my other grandparents.
- oh and chocolate, yay.

(also I got some neat things in ASB thanks!!)

-five fantastic DS+3DS games (TWENTY, Solatorobo, Elite Beat Agents, nintendogs+cats, and Mario Kart 7)
-a tons of giftcards for the local bookstore because books are amazing.
-some really wonderful art supplies that I can't wait use.
-pottery supplies
-nice and cozy clothes for winter
-A new phone (I've had my current one for four years.)
-A surprising amount of foodstuffs.

Christmas was great this year! There wasn't a ton I wanted so I got some random stuff, but it was lots of fun.

• CDs: An Acoustic Night at the Theatre by Within Temptation, Raindancer by Erutan, and Through Yourself and Back Again by Thriving Ivory
  • A DS flash cart (I've already downloaded the fan translation of Tales of Innocence~)
  • Books: Dave Barry Slept Here and the Hark! A Vagrant book
  • Two new fanny packs (my old one broke)
  • Two pairs of pretty earrings and an earring hanger
  • An awesome scarf
  • Warm pajamas
  • Rainbow socks!
  • Assorted little things like a Magic: the Gathering booster pack, hairties, chapstick, etc.
/dances happily

Back
Top Bottom