• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Question Box

What happens if a Pokemon uses a switching move (U-turn, Baton Pass, etc.) in a single battle? Is it just pushed backwards?

In the case of U-Turn (and probably Volt Switch), you can use the momentum that'd normally go into switching in other ways (i.e. kind of what I meant in the example you're probably thinking of, although it wasn't really necessary there) like escaping trapping moves. If it doesn't really have a purpose specified it'd probably just be something like the Pokémon zooms forward into the opponent and then zooms back to where it started, only slightly more realistic or something.

The database doesn't actually mention how much energy Helping Hand costs. For now I'm going with half the partner's attack's base energy cost, but should it be something else?

I noticed that both Serebii and Bulbapedia (as well as Showdown) have no mention on whether Telekinesis or Snatch is blocked by substitute. They're not on the Bulbapedia list of moves blocked by substitute, so I'm guessing they work as normal?

Though snatch is not blocked by protect/king's shield, but telekinesis is.

maybe if I checked these BEFORE I commanded I'd be a good player

would i be able to post moves i would like the pokemon to have RNG'd in a metronome battle ?

Example: diig to go underground next cause an earthquake while underground and finish by slashing when you dig back up to be back above ground

metronome ~ metronome ~ metronome

would i be able to post moves i would like the pokemon to have RNG'd in a metronome battle ?

Example: diig to go underground next cause an earthquake while underground and finish by slashing when you dig back up to be back above ground

People just post those things for jokes. The commands you post in a Metronome battle don't actually matter; the moves are all randomized anyway.

You can, but unless the pokémon actually gets the moves you're referring to from Metronome, they're probably useless anyway.

I suppose there's no reason you couldn't post the commands that way, but it won't affect the battle at all. The moves will still be random; posting commands like those won't make the Pokemon use Dig (down)~Earthquake~Dig (up), for example. You're almost guaranteed to have something more like Scald~Heal Bell~Bone Rush or something.

Now that I think about it, all multi-action moves are always single-action in Metronome battles, aren't they? Like no charging Solarbeams or recharging Giga Impacts, just extra energy expenditure. What happens with Rollout or Ice Ball?

EDIT: wow double ninja'd

What happens with Rollout or Ice Ball?
You don't get "locked in" with these moves in ASB like you do in the games; you have to keep commanding them on consecutive actions. Given that, if you pull one in a metronome battle, your pokémon will only use them for a single action.

Yeah, that makes more sense. In that case you would get locked in until the attack ends, at which point you'd get another metronome.

@VM: they both get the reduction.

What happens if a Pokemon behind a Substitute uses Double Team? Will single-target moves have a chance of hitting the clones rather than the substitute? If a move hits the substitute, do the clones disappear?

Back
Top Bottom