• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Question Box

For the sake of conditionals, can a Pokemon tell if one of their moves was a critical hit?

As a ref, I would say that a reasonably intelligent pokémon would be able to tell if their move did a substantially larger amount of damage than it was supposed to, but that's also kind of situational depending on how the target reacts to the move (their reaction should be indicative of a critical hit, but if it isn't I would say the pokémon wouldn't be able to tell, and that would depend on the pokémon and move involved).

Do new weather effects cancel out older ones like in the games or will they both be active at the same time?

If a Pokémon is Taunted and has no other attacking commands, and also can't reach their opponent with Struggle, will it keep using Struggle and miss or will it start just doing nothing?

If Struggle doesn't hit due to immunity, does it still deal recoil damage?

(From a previous battle I was in it said that because a struggle didn't hit due to dig, it didn't deal recoil, but I thought that was just because it didn't contact. If it does contact, but against a ghost so it has no effect is what I'm asking.)

(From a previous battle I was in it said that because a struggle didn't hit due to dig, it didn't deal recoil, but I thought that was just because it didn't contact. If it does contact, but against a ghost so it has no effect is what I'm asking.)

Despite what the database says, Struggle is actually a typeless move. I would think it'd actually be up to the ref's discretion there; if a Pokémon used Struggle but didn't hit an opponent, I'd still have it like hit itself against the ground or something.

If a Pokémon is Taunted and has no other attacking commands, and also can't reach their opponent with Struggle, will it keep using Struggle and miss or will it start just doing nothing?
It'll keep struggling (and take recoil).

Like Eifie said, nothing is immune to struggle.

Confusion is a 40bp physical typeless attack. Treat it exactly like a normal attack with that description (attack boosts apply as normal etc.).

Hi, I have a few questions.

Why did nobody tell me this was alive again? I came back to visit sporadically in the past years, but to be frank, I didn't have high hopes ASB would see the light of day again. Props to the new system, I could find my old team back in no time!

Now, I have a myriad of questions about what happened in the last few months, like the password drama, who left, who is new, and who am I to judge?

How do we handle old decrepit battles? I was still battling Coloursfall a few years back (we were a round from victory, I am sure of it!), reffed by the still active Metallica Fanboy (hey!). So, yeah, since we no longer have an introductory thread, I couldn't find a better place to post this... Feel free to answer me on my profile!

But still, the question that burns my lips alive is... How are you guys doing? :D

Welcome back!

I believe there was a mass e-mail sent out when the game reopened, but if you don't check your registration e-mail anymore you wouldn't have gotten it. Or perhaps I'm wrong and there wasn't a notification.

WRT password drama, it's all in the announcement thread, if you hadn't already seen that.

The thread for dealing with old battles is this one. Coloursfall left, so you won't be able to finish that one, but you can still claim money/EXP from it if you like.

It's been a trying month, but other than that I'm fine.

Kratos is still knocking around somewhere, just not really committing himself to ASB for the time being.

If a Pokemon recovers a large amount of health, and then loses an amount of health exceeding the damage cap in the same round, is it affected by the damage cap? Or is the damage cap only effective if the Pokemon drops that much below its original health?

If a Pokemon recovers a large amount of health, and then loses an amount of health exceeding the damage cap in the same round, is it affected by the damage cap? Or is the damage cap only effective if the Pokemon drops that much below its original health?

The damage cap is the maximum amount of damage a Pokémon can take per round, not the maximum amount below its current HP at the start of the round that it can drop to. Healing doesn't reverse any contribution towards the cap.

will unused pokemon earn experience if they are inactive ?

If you're asking if unused Pokémon in the active squad get EXP, the answer's no, unless they're holding EXP Share which siphons someo ff of those that do get sent out.

Last edited:
If a pokémon begins a battle with an Evolution Stone that would make it evolve, but loses it through the battle (be it from Thief, Fling, or Knock Off or whatever the reason) before KOing another pokémon, does it still get to evolve after the battle? If the item is Lucky Egg, does it still get the additionnal exp. points?

Evolution items, Lucky Egg and Soothe Bell only need to be equipped when the holder is sent out.

Back
Top Bottom