• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Question Box

In cases where a Pokemon was implicitly (in the commands paragraph) ordered with 4+ conditionals but their command string only lists 3, which should have priority in determining the Pokemon's actions?

Can a Pokémon Fling another Pokémon?
Probably not. Fling works on items, which are very small and not very heavy (even an iron ball wouldn't weigh all that much). For most pokémon (or heavy/large/cumbersome things in general), try strength instead.

In cases where a Pokemon was implicitly (in the commands paragraph) ordered with 4+ conditionals but their command string only lists 3, which should have priority in determining the Pokemon's actions?
Depends on what you mean. Do you mean something like one attack potentially used in different ways ("flamethrower, sweep it if there are clones"). Something like "giga drain for health if you can, but do energy otherwise," which would ordinarily be two separate conditionals? For the later, ignore whatever's not actually in the command string. The former isn't considered enough of a distinction to warrant two conditional slots, so the written description takes precedence.

Depends on what you mean. Do you mean something like one attack potentially used in different ways ("flamethrower, sweep it if there are clones"). Something like "giga drain for health if you can, but do energy otherwise," which would ordinarily be two separate conditionals? For the later, ignore whatever's not actually in the command string. The former isn't considered enough of a distinction to warrant two conditional slots, so the written description takes precedence.

Whoops, I didn't word that very well - basically, in a situation where a Pokemon would have four or more distinct moves going by the written description, but its command string only lists three of them, which one would it follow? The case in question is here, where Bulk Up isn't listed for the last two actions but clearly stated in the written description.

Whoops, I didn't word that very well - basically, in a situation where a Pokemon would have four or more distinct moves going by the written description, but its command string only lists three of them, which one would it follow? The case in question is here, where Bulk Up isn't listed for the last two actions but clearly stated in the written description.
If the written commands and the command string are effectively contradicting each other, asking the trainer what they meant is usually the way to go.

If a Pokémon is Wrapping/Binding/etc a target, and then hits said target with Rock Slide or something similar, does it hit itself in the process?

Also, does Echoed Voice's base energy increase with its base damage?

Does Muddy Water require the user to be in contact with the ground or be able to scoop and/or throw mud at the target?

I s'pose someone else should probably answer this, but my answer is no, the water just picks up the mud/dirt as it surfs towards the enemy.

It's because in the description, it says that it lifts the opponent in the air. I imagine how a rhyhorn could be locked into place by this, but if you lift, let's say, an Azurill in the water, it would simply swim away, wouldn't it?

It's because in the description, it says that it lifts the opponent in the air. I imagine how a rhyhorn could be locked into place by this, but if you lift, let's say, an Azurill in the water, it would simply swim away, wouldn't it?

It's held in place by psychic energy, so no. I mean, otherwise a Rhyhorn could just tumble to the ground. Telekinesis limits most of a Pokémon's movement.

edit: Also, you can use Telekinesis on a Flying-type Pokémon just fine normally.

Last edited:
The description for Dry Skin says a Parasect with said ability takes 2.5x damage from Fire attacks, so presumably the same figure applies for other triple-weak Pokémon.

Can Magic Coat only reflect attacks to their user, or could it target someone else? asking for a friend

Can Magic Coat only reflect attacks to their user, or could it target someone else? asking for a friend

Presumably you could have your poke jump in front of another poke to reflect the attack. If you mean could it reflect it to someone who didn't use the attack being reflected, no.

Back
Top Bottom