• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Question Box

If a Pokemon with Double Team clones hurts itself in its confusion, do its clones disappear (as they would if it were damaged by some other means)?

If Memento is used against a Pokemon with Double Team clones, does it have to make the check to see if it hits the right clone, or does it automatically work? If the former, and it hits the wrong clone, does the user still faint?

If a Pokemon with Double Team clones hurts itself in its confusion, do its clones disappear (as they would if it were damaged by some other means)?

When I ref it, they wouldn't.

If Memento is used against a Pokemon with Double Team clones, does it have to make the check to see if it hits the right clone, or does it automatically work? If the former, and it hits the wrong clone, does the user still faint?

I would say that, given the attack's power and the fact that it's a curse rather than a corporeal attack, it would affect all the clones without destroying any of them.

How is it any harder than when you have 4 or 8 exp.?
Most Pokémon don't meet the 4 exp threshold, so in most cases there's nothing to keep track of. You're free to take all experience into account with your own scale, but I don't want to make refs feel like they need to manually note down each Pokémon's experience in the first post and remember to include it in every calculation, instead of just making a note of the more uncommon case where a Pokémon actually has enough experience for damage to be added.

As for the Double Team question, what Superbird said seems solid enough.

How do single-target, never-miss moves interact with Double Team clones? Do they automatically pick the correct clone, or are they simply guaranteed to hit the target and then it's up to the RNG whether it was the correct one?

How do single-target, never-miss moves interact with Double Team clones? Do they automatically pick the correct clone, or are they simply guaranteed to hit the target and then it's up to the RNG whether it was the correct one?

I'm pretty sure almost all refs have them always hit the right clone and then come up with a plausible flavor explanation; for example, Natural Gift uses energy tracking or something to find the right one, and Aerial Ace is quick enough that the user can just sweep through all the clones until it hits the right one.

I'm pretty sure almost all refs have them always hit the right clone and then come up with a plausible flavor explanation; for example, Natural Gift uses energy tracking or something to find the right one, and Aerial Ace is quick enough that the user can just sweep through all the clones until it hits the right one.

Haha, I've asked this before. Here are some of blazhy's flavour explanations, for your reference.

When a move is banned by the use of a Red Card, can it still be used by the holder of said Red Card?

Also, all these moves in the «one use per battle » category can be Recycled, right? It would mean they could be used more than once per battle...

So, I noticed this got asked a while back but was missed. It's something I was wondering about as well.

When a move is banned by the use of a Red Card, can it still be used by the holder of said Red Card?

Also, all these moves in the «one use per battle » category can be Recycled, right? It would mean they could be used more than once per battle...

Hmm, I suppose the intent behind the Red Card thing is that neither Pokémon can use the banned move, so no.

Yes, once-per-battle items can be Recycled.

If a a Pokemon transforms into a Pokemon with a signature move/attribute, is the move/attribute copied as well?

Can Flash eliminate the opposing Pokemon's Double Team clones? Is it possible to produce a light so intense that it sears through the illusion or something?

Can Flash eliminate the opposing Pokemon's Double Team clones? Is it possible to produce a light so intense that it sears through the illusion or something?

No. Despite the lack of sense it makes, Flash is single-target. I guess it's a concentrated flash at a specific clone.

How do Mist and Haze interact, if one is used after the other? Specifically if Haze is used after Mist. Does it fail?

How do Mist and Haze interact, if one is used after the other? Specifically if Haze is used after Mist. Does it fail?

According to Bulbapedia, Haze doesn't remove Mist after generation I. Neither it nor Veekun lists any other effect the two moves have on each other, so I would assume they'd just coexist.

In the games, Haze does its thing regardless of Mist because it doesn't count as a stat reduction and thus isn't blocked by Mist's effects.

As for ASB -- my gut feeling is that, as Mist and Haze both steadily disperse, the newly unleashed one should be able to overcome and push out the one on the field. If anyone would like to argue a different case, though, feel free.

According to Bulbapedia, Haze doesn't remove Mist after generation I. Neither it nor Veekun lists any other effect the two moves have on each other, so I would assume they'd just coexist.

The thing is, though, having Mist up prevents the other team from lowering your team's stats. Haze, however, resets all stats to zero (thus lowering them on your side if they were raised). My instinct says Mist should supercede Haze, but anyway I'm engineering a test on Pokémon Showdown now.

EDIT: Apparently on Showdown Haze supercedes Mist. Although if we can get an official ruling for ASB that would be pretty cool.

The thing is, though, having Mist up prevents the other team from lowering your team's stats. Haze, however, resets all stats to zero (thus lowering them on your side if they were raised). My instinct says Mist should supercede Haze, but anyway I'm engineering a test on Pokémon Showdown now.

EDIT: Apparently on Showdown Haze supercedes Mist. Although if we can get an official ruling for ASB that would be pretty cool.

MF's word is official!

(Though I feel Haze is kind of a lot heavier than Mist, so I'd be in favour of Haze pushing Mist away but not the other way around.)

If a Pokemon drops its item, is there an official ruling on whether the item remains on the field after its original holder is KO'd/returned to its Pokeball, or is it up to the ref's discretion? And if the item remains on the field, can Pokemon sent out later pick up/use the item?

Back
Top Bottom