• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rainbow Factory

Re: Colours Fall Like Snow

Well, if I had to sum up your style in one word, it would be "cute". I mean that in the best possible way.

As far as suggestions, I'm curious how it would turn out if you drew something mechanical.

Colours, your art is so amazing, I forget to breathe when I look at it.
*asphyxiation*
You're wonderful.^^

I am...not entirely sure why I drew so much Minecraft stuff.

endermana.png

wildemi.png

Also a poni for High Moon.

purestrain.png

Colours, do you use a tablet to draw your ponies?

Yes. Wacom Bamboo, to be exact. Almost everything here is on it, since my scanner doesn't work. I think the only traditional piece was the elf girl vs Tiamat and that was coloured digitally.

How do you make your lines so smooth? When I use my tablet (which is a Wacom Graphire, I think), the lines end up really shaky.

Practice, mostly! I've had mine since June '09 and use it almost every day, even just for sketching. Also make sure you have pressure sensitivity on! Otherwise the lines can be pretty blocky.

depsixuniformqk.png

OOPS I DREW MY BROTHER’S PONYSONA AGAIN

In his sea cadet uniform!

I’m sorry bro

but that hat is so silly

I can’t stop giggling at it

Love how you did the talons.
Unhelpful post is unhelpful.

kusamewtwo.png

Kusa gon eat your face

alecrequestcopy.png

My brother wanted me to draw something for his MLP fic...this is just so funny to look at haha

I love the purple drippy effect on the first one, but the Mewtwo's right arm looks really awkward. The forearm is thicker than the upper arm, which just seems wrong to me. Also the dewclaws are a bit too far up (if that's what they are).

I appreciate the crit! However, there are a few reasons behind what you pointed out:

-The thickness of the forearms is largely fur, also mewtwo doesn't really use its limbs a lot, as a psychic type, so they're more stylized thin than I would normally do.
-His legs are also a bit more 'stretched out' than normal, like so.

but thank you~

AND NOW A thing
moonycolourscopy.png

Back
Top Bottom